Author Topic: TAR 21: Gary Wojnar & Will Chiola "Best Friends/Substitute Teachers"  (Read 30338 times)

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 21: Gary Wojnar & Will Chiola "Best Friends/Substitute Teachers"
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2012, 05:55:59 PM »
There was one thing they said in the episode of their elimination I could not believe. They mentioned their comback as the greatest comback ever. If these guys are "superfans", how could they say something as rediculous as that. There have been other combacks that could be considered greatest (Jet and Cord, Brian and Greg, etc...). Their comback was somewhat impressive, but obviously not the greatest.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2012, 06:43:53 PM »
There was one thing they said in the episode of their elimination I could not believe. They mentioned their comback as the greatest comback ever. If these guys are "superfans", how could they say something as rediculous as that. There have been other combacks that could be considered greatest (Jet and Cord, Brian and Greg, etc...). Their comback was somewhat impressive, but obviously not the greatest.

Jet and Cord comeback is "the greatest comeback of TAR history".  From almost eliminated to first place in the following leg, with SB, RB and Detour included.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2012, 07:22:00 PM »

Jet and Cord comeback is "the greatest comeback of TAR history".  From almost eliminated to first place in the following leg, with SB, RB and Detour included.

I believe their's was the best, just didn't want to offened any cowboy haters. Though you got to admit, how could Gary and Will say their comeback was the greatest ever?

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2012, 09:44:40 PM »
I'll agree that it wasn't the greatest comeback ever (because Brian & Greg's comeback after flipping their car is the best), but I think it's better than Jet & Cord's in Malaysia. Gary & Will were on a train three hours behind the lead teams, fell to last place getting out of the train station, and were the only team to complete both sides of the Detour, and they still escaped elimination. How is that a worse comeback than Jet & Cord, who were bunched on the same flight as everyone else and were never at any point in risk of being eliminated throughout the entire leg?
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2012, 09:50:57 PM »
Jet & Cord's comeback is less impressive when you keep in mind that they were equalized with the rest of the teams at the beginning of the leg, their speedbump didn't take much time, and they were the only team to do the much faster detour option. I'd say Brian & Greg's and Uchenna & Joyce's are much more incredible. Also, I'd take that "Top 10" video from last season with a grain of salt; after all, what'd they say was the saddest moment? The Slave House or Auschwitz? No, it was that a certain team didn't win.

But this thread's about Gary & Will, who should have lasted longer. I think their elimination also some-what proves the preplanned-ness of the NELs. I mean if I ran the show and rigged the eliminations, after a finish like Leg 3, I wouldn't want the team that barely survived to go home the next leg.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 09:56:22 PM by Best Loser »

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2012, 09:54:48 PM »
WTH? Jet and Cord's greatest comeback would be in Leg ONE, where they were on the last bus, passed everyone and came in third. That was impressive. But anyway, Gary and Will are way better than the cowboys anyway, and that's saying something.

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2012, 09:55:23 PM »

:stare :stare :stare :stare :stare :stare :stare :stare :stare
No.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster

Offline choroneko

• RFF Full Member
  • It's super effective!
« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2012, 02:02:21 PM »

No. Jen & Kisha has the best comeback winning the $1million prize after being eliminated for going to a porter potty from their season.
Choroneko used Splash
Natalie & Nadiya | Jaymes & James | Abba & James

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2012, 04:43:13 PM »
WTH? Jet and Cord's greatest comeback would be in Leg ONE, where they were on the last bus, passed everyone and came in third. That was impressive. But anyway, Gary and Will are way better than the cowboys anyway, and that's saying something.

ovalorange,

It is a radical statement to claim that Gary and Will are "way better than the cowboys." I say no way. Jet and Cord are a totally superior teams than one that was always flirting with last place!

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2012, 04:57:44 PM »

ovalorange,

It is a radical statement to claim that Gary and Will are "way better than the cowboys." I say no way. Jet and Cord are a totally superior teams than one that was always flirting with last place!

Yes apskip, I agree with you on that. But I wasn't talking about racing ability there, I was talking about how interesting they are as a team. :tup: Sorry if it wasn't clear enough! :)

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2012, 04:23:39 AM »
Is Charla & Mirna's footrace with Romber considered a comeback? I vote that.

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2012, 03:05:21 AM »
Omg, how did I not watch this teams' video yet?!

They mentioned Charla & Mirna!  :hrt:

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: November 27, 2012, 10:21:56 AM »

They also mentioned Flo & Zach!

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #64 on: November 27, 2012, 04:53:30 PM »

They also mentioned Flo & Zach!

They mentioned my two favourite teams. Need to watch that video! :lol:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: November 28, 2012, 05:00:49 AM »
How is that a worse comeback than Jet & Cord, who were bunched on the same flight as everyone else and were never at any point in risk of being eliminated throughout the entire leg?

Re-watch the episode , Mug. Jet and Cord were afraid of elimination when their cab left and all other teams had a cab already. Even been the biggest fan of the cowboys , i think Brian and Greg's comeback was the best one.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline laur26

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #66 on: November 28, 2012, 05:12:43 PM »
I went back and watched episode 3 again after reading these comments.  It was a very exciting finish, one of the best in AR history.  I thought it was great how Gary and Will kept moving and being positive despite their apparent forth-coming elimination. Great comeback and finish!  It just goes to show no matter how bleak it might look on the Race, it's never over till Phil says it's over!  I did like Team Michigan. It is too bad their luck ran out next leg when they caught a bad taxi in Dhaka according to them. I found this article from Canada about it.

http://www.ctv.ca/TheAmazingRace/article/Amazing-Races-team-of-optimistic-substitute-teachers-reflect-on-moments-of-deep-human-connection

Oh well at least they took the high road and refused to blame bad taxi luck on their demise.  They seemed to enjoy themselves and the little things in their adventure.   Transportation issues are biting alot of teams this season!  But that is just part of the Race I guess and one of the many reasons I love it!

Offline foreverhoping

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #67 on: May 21, 2013, 03:21:34 PM »
Looks like TAR 21 started one year ago yesterday.  A nice post from Gary TAR 21  www.facebook.com/garywojnar

"posted w/ permission"

One year ago Will Chiola and I left the comforts of American suburbia and and started out on an fantastic journey on The Amazing Race. It was the adventure of a lifetime! Every morning I felt like Indiana Jones setting out to seek the lost grail, and every evening I was grateful for the fact I had this unbelievable opportunity.

I can't thank Bertram van Munster and Elise Doganieri enough for creating this wonderful show and giving us the chance to compete on it! Thanks to Phil Keoghan,
Melanie Bousquet, Jennifer White, Andrew Corcoran, Patrick Cariaga, Matt Schmidt, Libby Hollingsworth, Vanessa Ballesteros, and all the multitude of people at WRP and CBS that I couldn't even begin to name. You guys work so very hard and do the seemingly impossible to make dreams come true. Thank you so much!

To my 21 friends on the Race, whom with I got to live this incredible adventure: Daniel, Amy, Ryan, Abbie, Josh, Brent, James, Jaymes, James, Abba, Trey, Lexie, Rob, Shelia, Natalie, Nayada, Caitlin, Brittany, Rob, and Kelly, we share a bond that no other 22 people can have. I wish all of you tremendous happiness and success in whatever endeavor your hearts take you on, and know we will always be together in spirit.

I hope my family, friends and the ten million people a week who watch the Race, enjoyed the quest as much as I did. Much thanks to all the well wishers and kind words that were sent my way., it meant a lot to me.

Being on the Race cemented my view that we do live in the greatest country in the world, and that the most important thing we have is opportunity. The opportunity to live our lives in freedom and in the manner that we are willing to work for. What we want is available to us, we just need to put in the real effort to obtain it. And even though people are different all over the world on the outside, on the inside we all have the same basic wants, needs, and desires. The need for love, to be loved, to provide for our families and to be happy. We need to realize and accept that to help make the world a better place. A place where we embrace diversity and know that we can all learn form each other.

To change the world we must first start with ourselves. Think Globally, Act Locally!

I will get off my soap box now. Thanks again to all who made this possible
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 07:21:00 PM by foreverhoping »

Offline foreverhoping

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #68 on: June 09, 2013, 02:39:36 PM »
gary wojnar ‏@garywojnar 6m

And there off! #amazingrace23 @AmazingRace_CBS @PhilKeoghan Good luck Hope you have the time of your life!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #69 on: June 09, 2013, 10:32:31 PM »
Awww, nice!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.