Author Topic: CBS reveal  (Read 6473 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
CBS reveal
« on: January 23, 2013, 08:14:50 AM »

CBS ANNOUNCES THE CAST FOR THE NEXT INSTALLMENT OF THE NINE-TIME EMMY AWARD-WINNING SERIES “THE AMAZING RACE”
    Teams Racing Around the Globe This Spring Include a Pair of Roller Derby Moms, Country Singers, Hockey Brothers, YouTube Hosts, Firefighters and Twin OB/GYNs 

photo credit Sonja Flemming/CBS

CHEAT TWEET: Tweet ur early favs from the new #AmazingRace cast! Roller Derby Moms, Hockey Brothers, Twin Drs? TAR22 starts 2/17 http://bit.ly/144Picz   

CBS announced today the 11 teams that will embark on a sprint around the globe for $1 million dollars on the new season of THE AMAZING RACE, premiering Sunday, Feb. 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  Emmy Award nominee Phil Keoghan (@philkeoghan) is the host.
THE AMAZING RACE has won the Emmy Award for “Outstanding Reality-Competition Program” nine times in the past 10 years. 
This season, which marks the 22nd race around the world for the series, will introduce a new twist to the game in which the first Team to check in at the first pit stop will earn two “Express Passes” – one to keep for themselves and one that must be given to another Team by the end of the fourth leg of the Race.
Teams will travel more than 30,000 miles, over five continents and through nine countries as they skydive from 10,000 feet in Bora Bora, participate in a Shemozzle race in New Zealand, hunt for scorpions with the Bushmen of Botswana and scale the treacherous north face of the Eiger Mountain in Switzerland. 
This season’s diverse cast includes twin brothers who are both OB/GYNs, father/son cancer survivors, Southern firefighters, roller derby moms and female country singers.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: CBS reveal
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 08:28:22 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/2MpzYHn0gbU?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/2MpzYHn0gbU?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 09:05:56 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 08:28:32 AM »
saved
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 01:11:49 PM »
By Jessica Derschowitz /
CBS News/ January 23, 2013, 11:45 AM
"The Amazing Race": New cast includes country singers, hockey players and a new twist
The cast of the 22nd season of "The Amazing Race." / CBS/Sonja Flemming

Country singers, a former NHL player and a pair of YouTube hosts are among the competitors racing around the world on the new season of "The Amazing Race," CBS revealed Wednesday.

The singers are Jennifer Kuhle and Caroline Cutbirth of the country band Stealing Angels. Kuhle is the granddaughter of John Wayne, while Cutbirth is a direct descendant of Daniel Boone.

"The Amazing Race" 22.They'll be racing alongside former NHL player Bates Battaglia, who played for the Carolina Hurricanes, Colorado Avalanche, Washington Capitals and Toronto Maple Leafs, and his brother Anthony, a professional hockey player for the Huntsville Havoc.

Other teams include twin doctors, two firefighters, a pair of roller derby moms, father and son cancer survivors and YouTube hosts Joey Graceffa and Meghan Camarena.

Teams will travel more than 30,000 miles, over five continents and through nine countries. According to CBS, they will "skydive from 10,000 feet in Bora Bora, participate in a Shemozzle race in New Zealand, hunt for scorpions with the Bushmen of Botswana and scale the treacherous north face of the Eiger Mountain in Switzerland."

They'll also encounter a new twist. The first team to check in at the first pit stop will receive two Express Passes -- one to keep, and one that must be given to another team by the end of the fourth leg of the race.

The 22nd season of "The Amazing Race" will premiere Feb. 17 at 8 p.m. ET.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-207_162-57565400/the-amazing-race-new-cast-includes-country-singers-hockey-players-and-a-new-twist/
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 02:12:53 AM »
Hehe got bored :lol: , you guys can use them for whatever suits best :conf:

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 04:28:56 AM »

YAY!!! Thank you!!
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 07:05:56 AM »
Pretty!! Thanks!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 07:47:01 AM »

Thank you, Kandace!!! :luvya: :luvya:
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2013, 09:06:30 PM »
Meet The Cast video is up in post 2!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2013, 10:06:34 PM »
THANKS!  :)

Why is team purple's confessionals at what I think is Niagara Falls.

I think you mean Team Pink = Max & Katie, and their confessional would be at Niagara falls because they come from Buffalo, NY.