Author Topic: TAR Winners: Were you OK with them winning?  (Read 35373 times)

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
Re: TAR Winners: Were you OK with them winning?
« Reply #75 on: May 19, 2014, 10:34:43 PM »
TAR 22: OK
TAR 23: Very happy
TAR 24: OK, although I liked them much more in the first half of the race (Am I the only person that's OK with them winning?)

Yeah, check FB. A lot of people love their winning. And you're not alone here, too.

What a great place to source opinions from!!!1!

Actually, I checked the FB page for about half a minute, and saw that the people were pretty much half and half about Dave & Connor. But I think production would just gaze over the negative ones and they'll place Dave & Connor on a pedestal (like what happened to the cowboys in S18).

You can see a lot of the negative comments about them in every status from TAR FB. Just tell APABLD that he/she is not alone.

Every negative Cancer comment is combatted by ten times the amount of Cancer-praising or Brenchel hating comments.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #76 on: May 19, 2014, 10:35:50 PM »
TAR 24: OK, although I liked them much more in the first half of the race (Am I the only person that's OK with them winning?)

Yeah, check FB. A lot of people love their winning. And you're not alone here, too.

Actually, I checked the FB page for about half a minute, and saw that the people were pretty much half and half about Dave & Connor. But I think production would just gaze over the negative ones and they'll place Dave & Connor on a pedestal (like what happened to the cowboys in S18).

You can see a lot of the negative comments about them in every status from TAR FB. Just tell APABLD that he/she is not alone.

Every negative Cancer comment is combatted by ten times the amount of Cancer-praising or Brenchel hating comments.

and the brenchel hating comments are quite disgusting, I get hating Brenchel but not to the extent of some of the comments.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #77 on: May 19, 2014, 10:38:32 PM »

and the brenchel hating comments are quite disgusting, I get hating Brenchel but not to the extent of some of the comments.

People were saying they hope she will never have kids, like those comments are borderline disgusting and mean.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #78 on: May 19, 2014, 10:39:18 PM »

People were saying they hope she will never have kids, like those comments are borderline disgusting and mean.

There is no borderline when it comes to that. It IS disgusting and mean
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #79 on: May 20, 2014, 07:45:22 AM »
Brenchel weren't even that trainwreck whiny this season so :lol:

Offline amazing1604

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #80 on: May 20, 2014, 07:50:59 AM »
I'm really not OK with Dave and Connor this season. They are just overreacting with the whole u-turn thing and being an old guy  :gaah: It just made them as whiny as Rachel (from Brenchel) in S20 (since in S24 Rachel was mot as whiny as she was in S20).
In S22 maybe I'm kinda sad because they went home because the achilles, but seeing them facing that u-turn just made me sick.

Nb: my friends watching this are also sick of them. Just saying their opinion.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #81 on: May 20, 2014, 07:55:34 AM »
I actually *holds back vomit* liked Dave/Connor on their first two legs on TAR22 because then they were just a nice borewhore team. Then Leg 3 hit, and we got "The Dave & Connor Show" and it made them completely unbearable in my book. Their first few legs on TAR24 were ACTUALLY inoffensive and okay, but the cracks from them started at around Leg 6, with Dave at the Roadblock and his complaint about Jessica/John needing to let him pass them just because he was 60. Then finally, Leg 7 hit with their self-entitledness about needing Rachel to tell them where the clue was, THEN making Country help them, and by Leg 8-12 it was just too unbearable to see them at all.

Offline amazing1604

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #82 on: May 20, 2014, 08:04:22 AM »
Brenchel weren't even that trainwreck whiny this season so :lol:

Even Brendon was more whiny than Rachel in the first few legs. Remember the bartender thing? ;)

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #83 on: May 20, 2014, 09:00:01 AM »
I was doing this project of listing all the placements of the teams for each route marker and task for this season and past seasons. But I'm completely hold up at Leg 10 for this season because I just can't rewatch Dave & Connor's smug, self-satisfying, son of a @$%^& whining.
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline purefluff

• RFF Not So Newbie
    • Purefluff
« Reply #84 on: May 20, 2014, 12:54:43 PM »
 :gaah:

Definitely not OK with Dave winning.  Aside from the overly sappy and self-indulgent oldest/first child-parent winner and cancer survivor slop, they ran a dishonest race.  They fudged the Sir Lanka task where they backtracked on the raft task.  Further, Dave was so cranky and unlikable after the U-turn he became unbearable.  Connor did 5/6 of the final Road Blocks and Dave even demanded that he do the 6th and final one (skydiving).  Dave did do that one, probably at the request of production.  No, I'm not cool with Dave winning (Connor deserves it though).  They ended up an 8/5 split while the other teams had 7/6. 

Plus, Dave really had no right to be mad at Brenchel for the U-turn. There is no age limit that gives you a free pass the Amazing Race, Dave.

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #85 on: May 20, 2014, 08:35:16 PM »
:gaah:

Definitely not OK with Dave winning.  Aside from the overly sappy and self-indulgent oldest/first child-parent winner and cancer survivor slop, they ran a dishonest race.  They fudged the Sir Lanka task where they backtracked on the raft task.  Further, Dave was so cranky and unlikable after the U-turn he became unbearable.  Connor did 5/6 of the final Road Blocks and Dave even demanded that he do the 6th and final one (skydiving).  Dave did do that one, probably at the request of production.  No, I'm not cool with Dave winning (Connor deserves it though).  They ended up an 8/5 split while the other teams had 7/6. 

Plus, Dave really had no right to be mad at Brenchel for the U-turn. There is no age limit that gives you a free pass the Amazing Race, Dave.

THANK YOU! :hearts: At least someone here shares my sentiment on their unfair RB split.
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #86 on: May 21, 2014, 08:06:10 PM »
This'll be fun :)

Season 1: OK
Rooted for: Dave & Margaretta, Nancy & Emily, Joe & Bill

Season 2: OK
Rooted for: Peggy & Claire, Oswald & Danny

Season 3: No
Rooted for: Ken & Gerard, Teri & Ian

Season 4: OK (Pretty forgettable season)
Rooted for: Tian & Jaree, Jon & Al

Season 5: Yes (The season that really got me into Amazing Race! I caught up on the first 4 afterward)
Rooted for: Jim & Marsha, Bob & Joyce, Charla & Mirna, Linda & Karen, Chip & Kim

Season 6: OK
Rooted for: Don & Mary Jean, Gus & Hera, Hayden & Aaron

Season 7: Yes
Rooted for: Susan & Patrick, Lynn & Alex, Meredith & Gretchen, Uchenna & Joyce

Season 8: OK
Rooted for: Gaghan Family

Season 9: Yes
Rooted for: Dave & Lori, Fran & Barry, BJ & Tyler

Season 10: OK
Rooted for: David & Mary, Dustin & Kandice

Season 11: OK
Rooted for: David & Mary, Teri & Ian, Joe & Bill, Uchenna & Joyce, Oswald & Danny, Charla & Mirna, Dustin & Kandice

Season 12: OK
Rooted for: Kynt & Vyxsin, Nicolas & Donald, Ron & Christina

Season 13: Yes
Rooted for: Mark & Bill, Toni & Dallas, Nick & Starr

Season 14: OK
Rooted for: Mel & Mike, Margie & Luke, Jaime & Cara

Season 15: OK
Rooted for: Zev & Justin, Gary & Matt, Flight Time & Big Easy

Season 16: OK
Rooted for: Brent & Caite, Jet & Cord

Season 17: Yes
Rooted for: Connor & Jonathan, Brook & Claire, Nat & Kat

Season 18: No
Rooted for: Mel & Mike, Jaime & Cara, Margie & Luke, Ron & Christina, Jet & Cord, Kent & Vyxsin, Zev & Justin, Flight Time & Big Easy

Season 19: OK
Rooted for: Laurence & Zac, Bill & Cathi, Andy & Tommy

Season 20: OK
Rooted for: Kerri & Stacy, Nary & Jamie, Bopper & Mark

Season 21: Yes
Rooted for: Rob & Kelley, James & Abba, Abbie & Ryan, Natalie & Nadiya, Jaymes & James, Josh & Brent

Season 22: Yes
Rooted for: Dave & Connor, Pam & Winnie, Chuck & Wynona, Mona & Beth, Max & Katie, Bates & Anthony

Season 23: Yes
Rooted for: Rowan & Shane, Brandon & Adam, Tim & Danny, Leo & Jamal, Tim & Marie, Jason & Amy

Season 24: Yes
Rooted for: Jessica & John, Leo & Jamal, Dave & Connor
(I liked all the three-peaters the first two races but was sick of them a third time, and without Bopper I didn't care much for that team, either)

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #87 on: May 21, 2014, 09:40:53 PM »
TAR 1: Neutral
2: Neutral
3: OK
4: Didn't like. Would have preferred Tian & Jaree or Millie & Chuck
5: Loveable, but Bowling Moms deserve it
6: Huek, wanted Kris & Jon, Adam & Rebecca, Hayden & Aaron, Lori & Bolo, Gus & Hera or Lena & Kristy to win
7: Happy
8: Didn't watch, Gaghans better win it
9: OK
10: Huek, wanted Dustin & Kandice to win
11: Huek, same as 10
12: Huek, Rontina better win it
13: Neutral
14: Happy
15: OK, would happy if Zev & Justin, Mika & Canaan or Maria & Tiffany win
16: Ok
17: VERY HAPPY!!!
18: Happy
19: Happy
20: Ok
21: Ok
22: Ok
23: Ok

24: HUUUUUUWEEEEEEKK, KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKendra style. I'M WANT COUNTRY TO WIN!

International:

Canada: No, I prefer Vancelina.

Israel 1: Ahem.
2: Good, but I don't care about this season.
3: Ahem.

Latin 1: Ok, good if Ferna & Fran win.
2: Ok, good if Aleandra & Marene. They're weak to win, but I like it.
3: Didn't care.
4: No, I WANT Fer/Ferds or Renata & Ana Paula to win
5: ahem.

Vietnam 1: ahem.
2: Ok.

Australia 1: I prefer Samenae.
2: I prefer Plantinum Blonde Twins.

Asia 1: good.
2: OK. Would have preferred Pamessa.
3: Ahem.
4: OK, preferred Claichelle and Hussatasha.

Now I too tired to write again.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline zythr

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #88 on: May 22, 2014, 11:26:50 AM »
Does it matter TAR (and Survivor) are over for the season.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #89 on: May 22, 2014, 06:40:34 PM »
Ooo! I want to do International versions too.  :)
YES! > Yes. > OK > Okay > Meh > Meh x2 > HELL NO! > NONONONONONONO! > NONONONONONONO! > HELLNONONONONONONONONO!

TARA1 - Zabrina & Joe Jer : Yes.
Who I was rooting for: Zabrina & Joe Jer

TARA2 - Adrian & Collin : NONONONONONONO!
Who I was rooting for: Pamela & Vanessa or Marc & Rovilson

TARA3 - Vince & Sam : Meh
Who I was rooting for: Geoff & Tisha or Ida & Tania

TARA4 - Richards : Yes.
Who I was rooting for: Richards, but okay with either Claire & Michelle or Hussein & Natasha (+Jess & Lani)

TARAu1 - Tyler & Nathan : Meh
Who I was rooting for: Jeff & Luke, I guess

TARAu2 - Shane & Andrew: Meh
Who I was rooting for: Paul & Steve (and before final3, Lumilia and James & Sarah!)

#RaceCDA1 - Tims: Meh
Who I was rooting for (in final 3): Was fine with any, but I was rooting for Jet & Dave

TARPh1 - LJ & CJ : HELL NO!
Who I was rooting for (in final 3): NOT A SINGLE PERSON!

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #90 on: May 22, 2014, 10:47:19 PM »
... um yes? Just because a season is over doesn't mean we all completely forget about it. We all come to this forum to talk about both present and past seasons.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #91 on: May 22, 2014, 11:11:15 PM »
... um yes? Just because a season is over doesn't mean we all completely forget about it. We all come to this forum to talk about both present and past seasons.

I didn't know if that was a question or not :X

Offline APABLD

• RFF Jr. Member
    • adouangchak YouTube
« Reply #92 on: December 19, 2014, 09:54:27 PM »
Season 25: Very happy with the winners (what a surprise, though!). Any of the final 3 would have been great winners.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #93 on: December 19, 2014, 10:09:33 PM »
I've been watching since TAR 17, so...

TAR 17: Very satisfied it was an F/F team, but I found Nat & Kat to be a little boring - would have preferred Brook & Claire.
TAR 18: Really thought/hoped it was gonna be Gary & Mallory. Kisha & Jen winning was so random.
TAR 19: Really wanted Jeremy & Sandy to win (I might have been in the minority there :lol: )
TAR 20: Really wanted Brendon & Rachel to win, but I'd take a Rachel & Dave win over Art & JJ
TAR 21: I was more than OK with Josh & Brent winning.
TAR 22: Really wanted Max & Katie or even Mona & Beth to win.
TAR 23: I was pulling for Tim & Marie.
TAR 24: A win by Caroline & Jennifer would have been really shocking and made the season really unpredictable. I was also rooting for Brenchel.
TAR 25: I was rooting for the Candy Girls and they won!  :cmas9

So it looks like the only times I was truly satisfied with the winners was TAR 21 and TAR 25 - both happened to be underdog wins!