Author Topic: Teams that you rooted for from the beginning and then disliked by the end  (Read 18548 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Since we have the other thread... I find it interesting that many times, I have several teams that I really liked at the beginning, then turn out to dislike them near towards the end.

For example, Nadiya and Natalie and I remembered in TAR 14, when Margie and Luke won the first leg I got really emotional... Until they turned really, erm... not so nice and competitive and then I realized I don't really like them that much anymore... (then I liked them again in TAR 18 and then they got eliminated... -_-)

Any other teams for you guys? :)

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Teams that you rooted for from the beginning and then disliked by the end
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 12:31:13 AM »
The only one I can really think of right now is Peter & Sarah. (Entirely Peter, though.)

"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 02:37:30 AM »
Them too! Peter exactly. :cmas30:

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 05:09:21 AM »
Joseph & Grace, from TARAus is the only one that springs to mind.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 09:13:01 AM »
Definitely Margie & Luke and definitely Natalie & Nadiya for me.

I think maybe I could put Laurence & Zac in there too (although only Laurence)/

Also Rob & Amber for me - I really liked them on TAR7 (I didn't know they had been on Survivor before at the time :P) but I could not stand them on All-Stars and I can't stand them on any Survivor seasons I watch... :eww

I guess you could put the Linz family on the list for me too - I didn't dislike them, that's for sure - but I certainly liked them less at the end than I did at the beginning.

I'm struggling to think of any others right now, but there probably aren't any for me.
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 09:23:30 AM »
Gary and Will.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2012, 11:30:58 AM »
Chip and Kim as well. Hated them when they snatched my clueless twins cab... and in the end I turned to root for them to win!

Lori and Bolo were annoying at first, but in the end they were fun to watch.

I actually didn't like David and Mary much on the first leg and pre-season... but they turn out to be one of my favourite teams ever to run the race.

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2012, 12:14:40 PM »
In no particular order:
1. Art & JJ - In the early leg I thought that "Wow! This team is unique!" But, I started to dislike them when they started to "hate" Brendon & Rachel, confront Nary & Jamie, and angry to Dave & Rachel when they didn't use the U-turn. :cmas30:

2. Chad & Stephanie - When Chad proposed to Stephanie, I was like "Oohh.. That's so sweet~" But things changed after they was U-turned by Nat & Kat in Bangladesh and Chad acted not really kind to them in the Detour... :cmas30:

3. Louie & Michael - Almost the same reason with Art & JJ, although this time to Carol & Brandy... :cmas30:

4. Joe & Heidi - Seeing Joe's behavior at Elimination Station just make me lost my respect to them... :cmas30:

5. Mika & Canaan - Because of Mika's fear of height that made them eliminated just... :cmas30:
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2012, 04:23:27 PM »
Dustin & Kandice- They were cool and all at the beginning, but after a long period of time, they just got boring and repetitive with their "funny" antics.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2012, 07:10:37 PM »
Erwin and Godwin. They were so nice, but then became too nice for their own good. It got annoying.

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2012, 01:11:23 PM »
Lucy and Emilia.  They were my favourites but then in the last couple of legs there was lots of crying, it started to look like they were acting their funny stuff for the cameras as wanted by the producers, and the family story was getting pushed too much by the editing.

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2012, 01:12:35 PM »
Katie and Rachel.. they were wayy to bitter

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2012, 08:40:39 AM »
5. Mika & Canaan - Because of Mika's fear of height that made them eliminated just... :cmas30:

THIS a million times! I never disliked them ever, but I was just like... seriously? Who comes on TAR if they can't even go down a water slide! :groan:

Dustin & Kandice- They were cool and all at the beginning, but after a long period of time, they just got boring and repetitive with their "funny" antics.

Dustin & Kandice are in my Top Five teams of all-time, so it was really hard for me to watch the Charla & Mirna versus Dustin & Kandice fighting on TAR11. I was very torn! :( I have to say that I liked the Beauty Queens a tiny little bit less after all that drama, BUT they still remain in my Top Five... and of course Charla & Mirna are tied for first! :cmaslol

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2012, 10:04:34 AM »
Dustin and Kandace VS Charla and Mirna was just LOL.

Dustin and Kandace is always VS-ing the world (TAR10 and 11) :cmaslol I miss the good old TAR days. =(

Offline BuuYaa

• RFF Full Member
  • TAR 22 <3; TAR 23 must be better
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2012, 10:15:20 AM »

Dustin and Kandace is always VS-ing the world (TAR10 and 11) :cmaslol I miss the good old TAR days. =(

OH MY GOD DUSTIN & KANDICE !!!! :cmas3 :cmas3 :cmas3

They're total BITCHES!

They're head over heels of themselves

GLAD They won neither seasons... How's that for a loop?

Please Bring'em back:
=======================================
MM: Jaymes&James; Mark&Bopper
FF: Caroline&Jennifer; Pam&Winnie; Natalie&Nadiya;
MF: Joey&Meghan;
Couple : Max&Katie; Abby&Ryan; Brendon&Rachel; Amani&Marcus;
Elder Couple : Chuck&Wynona; Bill&Cathi;
======================================

Offline BuuYaa

• RFF Full Member
  • TAR 22 <3; TAR 23 must be better
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2012, 10:21:45 AM »

OH MY GOD DUSTIN & KANDICE !!!! :cmas3 :cmas3 :cmas3

They're total BITCHES!

They're head over heels of themselves

GLAD They won neither seasons... How's that for a loop?

In no particular order:
1. Art & JJ - In the early leg I thought that "Wow! This team is unique!" But, I started to dislike them when they started to "hate" Brendon & Rachel, confront Nary & Jamie, and angry to Dave & Rachel when they didn't use the U-turn. :cmas30:

Totally agreed  :cmas3 :cmas3 :cmas3
Why can't they just focus on their own freaking race?
Please Bring'em back:
=======================================
MM: Jaymes&James; Mark&Bopper
FF: Caroline&Jennifer; Pam&Winnie; Natalie&Nadiya;
MF: Joey&Meghan;
Couple : Max&Katie; Abby&Ryan; Brendon&Rachel; Amani&Marcus;
Elder Couple : Chuck&Wynona; Bill&Cathi;
======================================

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2012, 10:32:24 AM »
Never liked Art and JJ from the beginning...

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2012, 07:23:13 PM »

paldog123456

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2012, 07:38:25 PM »

THIS a million times! I never disliked them ever, but I was just like... seriously? Who comes on TAR if they can't even go down a water slide! :groan:

Dustin & Kandice are in my Top Five teams of all-time, so it was really hard for me to watch the Charla & Mirna versus Dustin & Kandice fighting on TAR11. I was very torn! :( I have to say that I liked the Beauty Queens a tiny little bit less after all that drama, BUT they still remain in my Top Five... and of course Charla & Mirna are tied for first! :cmaslol

I think the fighting made me like them both a little less. (They were both kind of irrational during the fights...)

But I LOVED when they were in the Intersection in Krakow. Perfection. :cmaslol

And for that reason, they are still two of my favorite teams. :)

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2012, 11:53:56 PM »
Ooh, let me take on this one now! :cmas27

Flight Time & Big Easy (TAR 15): Funny in the beginning, got really old by the time they got eliminated.
Margie & Luke (TAR 14): Good in the beginning, but it became like they were the center of the whole show, so they really irritated me in the middle and end.
TK & Rachel (TAR 12): Good in the beginning, but so boring in the end!
Charla & Mirna (TAR 11 & 5): In both seasons the longer they were around the older their antics got!
Lyn & Karlyn (TAR 10): After they totally ditched Erwin & Godwin (after all their kindness and efforts to keep that alliance alive for so long), it was the end for them on my nice list! :cmaslol
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2012, 12:13:13 AM »
I have a few shocking ones from each season except for season 2 - 4 (haven't had time to watch those seasons)

TAR1- Nancy & Emily - cool underdogs in beginning, but treated each other horribly as the race progresses
TAR5- Jim & Marsha - I loved them in the start of the race, but Marsha turned into a horrible race partner after Uruguay
TAR6- Jon & Victoria :cmas27 - Loved their dysfunctionality from the first two cold episodes, but then it just got annoying and turned into a brawl against each other.
TAR7- Lynn & Alex - I loved their personality in the beginning of the race, but they got a bit annoying as the race progresses
TAR8- Godlewski sisters - Happy when they got 1st on the first leg like Debbie & Bianca, bur did not live up to the lifelong friends' standards. Happy-go-lucky attitudes made them look cocky
TAR9- BJ & Tyler - I thought I would love them, but their jokes got so "funny", they got horrible in my opinion to watch.  :cmas30: Jus' sayin'... :cmas30.
TAR10- Tyler & James - I loved watching them race in the first 5 legs, but they were running it with rather weaker jokes and I ended up disliking them when they won. Sorry, but I am not the biggest model winners.
TAR11- David & Mary - Loved them in the first two episodes until they figured they "ain't gonna help anybody" and Mary started bitching about tasks like "I CAIN'T DO A FORDY FOOT ROCK CLIMB!"
TAR12- Shana & Jennifer - I loved them at first, but then they became these drama queens and they began to get on my last nerves with their bratty behavior.
TAR13- Terence & Sarah - One of the nicer coupled, but Terence wad just afraid of doing everything making Sarah do most of the correct work... speeding... tsk tsk
TAR14- Margie & Luke - I loved their family bonds in the race, but I didn't like Margaret's confrontation with Kisha & Jen in Guilin. Made me dislike her more, Luke not very big downfall.
TAR15- Sam & Dan - Fun guys at first, but turned into "fungi" after bickering over the edge.
TAR16- Steve & Allie :cmas4 - Sorry, I love these two as family and people, but as racers, I wasn't feeling much of them, they were pretty overrated as being a rather boring team that season.

The rest can be remained a mysterious, I'm tired of long descriptions. :cmas3
TAR17- Jill & Thomas
TAR18- Flight Time & Big Easy
TAR19- Ernie & Cindy
TAR20- Art & JJ
TAR21- Gary & Will
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2012, 04:07:40 AM »
Lyn & Karlyn (TAR 10): After they totally ditched Erwin & Godwin (after all their kindness and efforts to keep that alliance alive for so long), it was the end for them on my nice list! :cmaslol

This was the point I was like, OH FINALLY YOU DITCHED THEM! They wouldn't have survived that leg if they didn't.

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2012, 04:58:35 AM »
I never liked Margie and Luke.  Right from the beginning there was obvious manipulation with the deaf story being replayed a lot and us basically being told we were supposed to like them.  I never bought into that one bit.

Chara and Mirna I liked more first time around, mainly for Mirna really as she was hilarious.  Second time around Mirna was probably less fun.

I liked Dustin and Kandice, but I preferred Dustin as she was a bit more level headed.

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2012, 05:25:46 AM »

TAR11- David & Mary - Loved them in the first two episodes until they figured they "ain't gonna help anybody" and Mary started bitching about tasks like "I CAIN'T DO A FORDY FOOT ROCK CLIMB!"

:cmaslol :cmaslol :cmaslol :cmaslol :cmaslol :cmaslol

I nearly spat out my drink! Thanks for the laugh!

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2012, 06:48:24 PM »
I never liked Margie and Luke.  Right from the beginning there was obvious manipulation with the deaf story being replayed a lot and us basically being told we were supposed to like them.  I never bought into that one bit.

Chara and Mirna I liked more first time around, mainly for Mirna really as she was hilarious.  Second time around Mirna was probably less fun.

I liked Dustin and Kandice, but I preferred Dustin as she was a bit more level headed.

Charla love!  :kisses

I liked Mirna in season 5 when she had time to enjoy herself like doing the tango with a gentlemen, wanting to play blackjack to double their money, and gave a good laugh at the hockey Detour option. All-stars came... she turned into let's say, "The Archie Bunker of the house" when she rushed, criticized, and shrieked at Charla more like the signpost Detour freakout, famous taxi flip-off from 8th to last, and (not very memorable moment) when she had to rush to the car to get Charla's travel documents - with Charla responding with her WTF! face - so they could book tickets to Chile. She got a TINY BIT more respectful and funny in the Asia (Malaysia and Hong Kong) legs.

:cmas23 "COOKIES WITH LICORICE, CAN'T GET BETTER THAN THIS!" :cmas23
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)