Author Topic: FINALE PARTY! SHOW updates and commentary *start: 800PM or later* note rules  (Read 73604 times)

Offline BuuYaa

• RFF Full Member
  • TAR 22 <3; TAR 23 must be better
Re: FINALE PARTY! SHOW updates and commentary *start: 800PM or later* note rules
« Reply #200 on: December 10, 2012, 10:17:30 AM »
I'd say all of the final six + Amy & Daniel are All Star material

or Rob&Kelley.  :cmaslol
They could take a flight with 12 hours layover and still stay strong  :cmas16

Please Bring'em back:
=======================================
MM: Jaymes&James; Mark&Bopper
FF: Caroline&Jennifer; Pam&Winnie; Natalie&Nadiya;
MF: Joey&Meghan;
Couple : Max&Katie; Abby&Ryan; Brendon&Rachel; Amani&Marcus;
Elder Couple : Chuck&Wynona; Bill&Cathi;
======================================

Offline BuuYaa

• RFF Full Member
Re: FINALE PARTY! SHOW updates and commentary *start: 800PM or later* note rules
« Reply #201 on: December 10, 2012, 10:41:57 AM »
My fav reaction when teams entered were of the twins. One was clapping and the other had their jaw on the floor saying OMG!  :cmaslol :cmaslol :cmaslol

At least 4 teams I can see back:
Nadiya/Natalie and the Chippendales for an all stars run (that is now three straight seasons where a M/M team could likely make an all stars version with M/B and A/T)

James/Abba and Ryan/Abbie for another unfinished business for obvious reasons.

I don't think Andy&Tommy are capable for All Stars though. Yes they won like half the race but they ain't no stars. Unfinished Business certainly. Put Bill&Cathy in All Stars  :cmaslol (I am  dead serious! if they're looking for an old couple All-Stars)
Please Bring'em back:

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #202 on: December 10, 2012, 10:49:48 AM »
Poor cast, and for most of the race poor tasks and locations too.  Possibly in my bottom 5 of all seasons.  And I agree Dan and Jordan were bad winners, though overall that season may have been more memorable for me.  To get back on track they might learn from the last Australian season which was classic.

The memory task featured languages so I guess that favoured the goat farmers as one of them seemed to be good in that area.  Would have preferred Trey and Lexi to win, though she did have a breakdown eventually (as I predicted several weeks ago).  Wonder if she finished that memory task or if they were just told to go to the finish...

The Chippendales were a pretty weak team mentally, they only u-turned Abbie and Ryan because of pressure from the twins, not because of their strategy. 

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #203 on: December 10, 2012, 10:57:15 AM »
Im still pissed that they screwed up the eliminated teams on the mat.

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #204 on: December 10, 2012, 11:11:25 AM »
Also when a team says they are the 'good guys' that's a bit annoying, I'll decide for myself who the good guys are.  Reminds me of BJ and Tyler.

And when the farmers said it was winner takes all that was quite obviously wrong.  Teams who don't win can actually still get a lot of prize money.  Obviously the producers don't like people knowing that they want the focus to be completely on who wins.

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #205 on: December 10, 2012, 11:25:37 AM »
Embarrassing that Texas does not know the UN symbol. Come on people!

I completely agree! As a Model UN delegate, this saddens me. :(

Chips didn't know as well. Shame on them, really.

(I've done model UN before, both as a delegate and a chairperson. I performed much better in the chair's role.  :cmaslol)

Offline doedoe

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #206 on: December 10, 2012, 11:26:51 AM »
What a disappointment!  I like teams that treat each other with respect during the race.  It appeared the short dude was very condescending on several occasions.  While I missed half of two of the shows ... the Chips and the young couple were never shown being ugly to each other.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #207 on: December 10, 2012, 11:27:30 AM »
author=amazing race fan link=topic=28222.msg823831#msg823831 date=1355108566]
Awful finish to the worst season on the history of the show besides the Family Edition. A team that didn't even come in 1st or 2nd the whole race besides the last leg won the 1 Million dollars. I really don't know how lucky a team can get on the Amazing Race.

Take a look at AR11, where Eric and Danielle won despite not winning a single leg before the finale. The same applies to AR18 where LaKisha and Jen never won any leg until the finale. Both were All-Star seasons.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 06:21:27 PM by apskip »

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #208 on: December 10, 2012, 12:33:35 PM »
Let's do some basic arithmetic regarding the number of teams that might qualify for the third AllStars season, which I expect to be around AR25. That means that the pool of talent would be from 6 seasons. 12 teams divided by 6 seasons is 2 teams per season! Also, it is entirely possible that some teams from the past (particularly Colin and Christie) will be asked to participate. I think it is a certainty that no team who has been on 2 seasons already will be selected for the 3rd All Star season.

So, what does this mean? Those who postulate this team or that team but in some cases 7 teams from AR21 are in for a nasty fall in my opinion.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 12:52:24 PM by apskip »

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #209 on: December 10, 2012, 12:47:43 PM »
Congratulations to the goat farmers. Poor Lexie, tired and frustrated. but hey you won several trips. At least each of the final 5 won at least 1 leg.
Wonder how Abbie or Ryan would have fared on the last task. Would James & Jaymes have won if they had not u-turned A & R? Possible. The final task too over 2 hours. Ouch.
It is funny how the Beekman's pretty much had last place until the very end.
Loved the show. Loved the enthusiasm of all (except the Beekman's), but they were nice.
I think the most boring winners were Dave & Rachel.

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #210 on: December 10, 2012, 12:49:30 PM »
Oh yeah, the winners (New Yorker's) were the only to recognize the UN symbol.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #211 on: December 10, 2012, 01:35:49 PM »
I don't think the twinnies were being homophobic against the Beekmans, the way the called them "Evil Gays" was very similar to how they called James & Jaymes the "Stupid Chippendales" and I loved how the girls admitted that they were never nice :lol: I would love to see the Twinnies back, since they were almost set to go to the finale, but were screwed by a local in the end. If I had to pick two All-Stars from this season, it'd be Twinnies (new Dustin & Kandice) and Abbie & Ryan (new Amanda & Kris). James & Abba would be deserving for a second chance, but the other two strike me as more interesting.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #212 on: December 10, 2012, 01:45:35 PM »
WOW Josh and Brent? Really ???  :cmas12
I bet Abby and Ryan were back flipping when Josh&Brent arrived...   :cmas50

I remembered posting something here before that goes like this
"The Chippendales didn't need to U-Turn Abby&Ryan (and saving Josh&Brent). They're so far behind. If Josh&Brent end up winning, they're gonna look back at this."

Can't believe it actually happened.  :cmas5

Don't get me wrong, I like Josh&Brent. But seeing them winning is absolutely horibble.
I am a huge fan of Dave&Rachel, and compared them to Josh&Brent, OH MY GOD I think I am gonna do the backflip myself.  :cmas22

a team who took a freaking penalty at a detour, ended up winning. Oh heaven!
If they took a penalty like how Rob and Amber took a penalty in season 7, I wouldn't mind cause It was good move.but the way they took it, oh man!

but anyway, congratulations to Josh&Brent  :cmas26

hahaha, Abbie & Ryan jumping blocked Twinies cannot see it...  :cmaslol
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #213 on: December 10, 2012, 02:09:00 PM »
And..... congrats to..... Josh & Brent!!!  :cmas26

They have OFFICIALLY made the record for the least averaged placing to win TAR!

Is this the first time ever a Finish Line was indoors? :cmas19

Actually, season 16's winners, Jordan and Daniel had a lower placement average for a winning team (4.3333) compared to the Beekman Boys (4.2500)
Where are you getting 4.25 from? I have 55/12=4.5833, which would make them the lowest average placing winners.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #214 on: December 10, 2012, 02:49:11 PM »
And the 'whoever  has the $1,000,000 quote for that season will win' curse (is it a curse?) has been broken!

That curse has been broken many times.. which mean it's not even a curse  :cmaslol

TAR 19 - Marcus said the title (Ernie & Cindy win)
TAR 18 - Justin said the title (Kisha & Jen win)

.. and so on ..

Add Rachel & Dave (he said the quote on route to Osaka Airport in the last leg of TAR20).

All the F3 teams had a million dollar quote last season.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #215 on: December 10, 2012, 02:50:02 PM »
It was one of the best finales we've had in a LONG time. The whole underdogs story was amazing and tbh, it's nice to see underdogs win instead of dominating teams who've won leg after leg after leg. This was WAY better than Rachel & Dave last season (sorry Prophet  :cmas19)

:lol: :neener:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline APABLD

• RFF Jr. Member
    • adouangchak YouTube
« Reply #216 on: December 10, 2012, 03:22:54 PM »
And..... congrats to..... Josh & Brent!!!  :cmas26

They have OFFICIALLY made the record for the least averaged placing to win TAR!

Is this the first time ever a Finish Line was indoors? :cmas19

Actually, season 16's winners, Jordan and Daniel had a lower placement average for a winning team (4.3333) compared to the Beekman Boys (4.2500)
Where are you getting 4.25 from? I have 55/12=4.5833, which would make them the lowest average placing winners.

Yes, the average is 4.5833. 4.25 could come from 51/12 (51 being the total the Beekmans had before the final 2 legs).

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #217 on: December 10, 2012, 04:45:30 PM »
I'd say all of the final six + Amy & Daniel are All Star material

okay im out of this thread  :cmas50
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline BuuYaa

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #218 on: December 10, 2012, 09:01:10 PM »
I don't think the twinnies were being homophobic against the Beekmans, the way the called them "Evil Gays" was very similar to how they called James & Jaymes the "Stupid Chippendales" and I loved how the girls admitted that they were never nice :lol: I would love to see the Twinnies back, since they were almost set to go to the finale, but were screwed by a local in the end. If I had to pick two All-Stars from this season, it'd be Twinnies (new Dustin & Kandice) and Abbie & Ryan (new Amanda & Kris). James & Abba would be deserving for a second chance, but the other two strike me as more interesting.

EXCUSE ME? Abbie and Ryan (new Amanda & Kris)???

OH HELL TO THE NO !!!!

Amanda & Kris took their U-Turn experience on so much class. WAY MORE than how Abbie and especially Ryan took theirs.

"The chippendales cost me 2 million dollars"
"The winners get a free chippendale show"

LOL! Such a whiner! What a baby!!!

When Jaymes&James and Trexi finished, everyone's cheering except him. He just stood there with hands on hips like he didn't care. LOL What a loser! So you got U-turned, no big deal for crying out loud. Just get over it!

Remind me of Brandy from Season 16.
and definetely not Amanda or Kris  :cmas12

Please Bring'em back:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #219 on: December 10, 2012, 11:06:37 PM »
Let's do some basic arithmetic regarding the number of teams that might qualify for the third AllStars season, which I expect to be around AR25. That means that the pool of talent would be from 6 seasons. 12 teams divided by 6 seasons is 2 teams per season! Also, it is entirely possible that some teams from the past (particularly Colin and Christie) will be asked to participate. I think it is a certainty that no team who has been on 2 seasons already will be selected for the 3rd All Star season.

So, what does this mean? Those who postulate this team or that team but in some cases 7 teams from AR21 are in for a nasty fall in my opinion.

Erm, apskip... maybe not 7 teams but 5 teams is always possible. Look at TAR 18 which is literally TAR 14 and friends.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #220 on: December 10, 2012, 11:09:39 PM »
I am out of this thread too. The hate that certain posters have are just too overwhelming and not even objective.

LOVE TAR 21 <3

:xmas146 :xmas110 :cmastree

Offline BuuYaa

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #221 on: December 11, 2012, 03:36:16 AM »

Erm, apskip... maybe not 7 teams but 5 teams is always possible. Look at TAR 18 which is literally TAR 14 and friends.

yeah and 4 of those teams got booted out 11th,10th,9th,8th...  :cmaslol

I would say yes maybe to Margie&Luke, Amanda&Kris (Two hotties only in TAR 18  :kisses, well and Mallory I guess), and Kisha&Jen

But Mel&Mike and Jaime&Cara?  :mas25
Tony&Dallas and Brook&Claire would be so much better  :cmas16 :cmas16
Please Bring'em back:

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #222 on: December 11, 2012, 03:53:09 AM »
I just love the American Airlines 767 footages they had!  :cmas9

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #223 on: December 11, 2012, 04:09:53 AM »
Abby&Ryan, James&Abba and maybe Amy&Daniele for another Unfinished Business seasons.

i would love to see lots of this season's teams again in a future season, but those three you said are definitely the top contenders :tup:
i hope NaNa come back though :lol:

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #224 on: December 11, 2012, 04:14:36 AM »
Overall, this season will be in half top position in my rankings. I am sure there will be many teams from this season to be back for next All Stars since most of them are All-Star worthy! :cmas9

I wouldn't be surprised either! They did a really good job casting. Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if this is TAR14 for the next AS!

Really, guys, really?

I want the Chips, Trexi, Twinnies, Amy/Daniel and Abby/Ryan in the next AS, which I think is enough.