Author Topic: FINALE PARTY! SHOW updates and commentary *start: 800PM or later* note rules  (Read 73601 times)

Offline BuuYaa

• RFF Full Member
  • TAR 22 <3; TAR 23 must be better
Re: FINALE PARTY! SHOW updates and commentary *start: 800PM or later* note rules
« Reply #175 on: December 10, 2012, 03:07:12 AM »
I will say that I consider this one of the best final legs ever, mainly because it was heavily mental as opposed to the heavily physical one last season. Having teams take almost three hours to complete the final challenge really shows how the difficulty spiked. Consequently, I think this hello-goodbye task is one of the strongest candidates for a Switchback in future seasons (who else thinks we'll see this next year in TARAus?)

I don't think they're gonna do this again though.
It's one of those things that could only be used once.
Switchback Roadblock is usually something that has things to do physically or with luck.
Besides, as of right now, I bet all of the upcoming teams will take notes for something like this and if a switchback RB like this appears, they'll be done in like no time
Please Bring'em back:
=======================================
MM: Jaymes&James; Mark&Bopper
FF: Caroline&Jennifer; Pam&Winnie; Natalie&Nadiya;
MF: Joey&Meghan;
Couple : Max&Katie; Abby&Ryan; Brendon&Rachel; Amani&Marcus;
Elder Couple : Chuck&Wynona; Bill&Cathi;
======================================

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: FINALE PARTY! SHOW updates and commentary *start: 800PM or later* note rules
« Reply #176 on: December 10, 2012, 03:09:23 AM »
I will say that I consider this one of the best final legs ever, mainly because it was heavily mental as opposed to the heavily physical one last season. Having teams take almost three hours to complete the final challenge really shows how the difficulty spiked. Consequently, I think this hello-goodbye task is one of the strongest candidates for a Switchback in future seasons (who else thinks we'll see this next year in TARAus?)

Switchback Roadblock is usually something that has things to do physically or with luck.
Besides, as of right now, I bet all of the upcoming teams will take notes for something like this and if a switchback RB like this appears, they'll be done in like no time
You're assuming they will know how it's written
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #177 on: December 10, 2012, 03:10:02 AM »

He said TARAus. Not TAR US. There's a possibility it may be used in TARAus, but definitely not TAR US because as what you've said, teams will start taking notes now.

Offline BuuYaa

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #178 on: December 10, 2012, 03:28:34 AM »
I'm not a Josh and Brent fan. I'm a fan of logic. You don't have to be sarcastic because I was seriously genuine in knowing where did your logic of them not deserving because they quit a Detour come from. :cmaslol

If you said they don't deserve to win because they sucked every leg, came in second to last every leg; that I understand. But because just based of them being forced to quit a Detour? Erm, ok. If you say so. :cmaslol And it doesn't help you contradict your words by saying it's okay if a team took wrong transportation, got penalized and win and that's fine. I guess I better stop confusing you because you seemed confused yourself. :cmas18

I am okay with any of the final three winning. I was rooting for Trey and Lexi and Beekman if you ask me.

Uugh they all sucked. The challenges are awesome but the final three casts are horrible. Dang all teams are horrible. Wished teams like Dave&Rachel or Jet&Cord or Gary&Mallory are in this one since the challenges actually pretty good.

You're assuming they will know how it's written

Yup. Dang they would even memorized it already.

He said TARAus. Not TAR US. There's a possibility it may be used in TARAus, but definitely not TAR US because as what you've said, teams will start taking notes now.

Oh sorry my bad then. Yeah TarAUS copied a bunch of TAR US actually so yeah I think they will do the same

Please Bring'em back:

Offline BuuYaa

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #179 on: December 10, 2012, 03:48:12 AM »
I'm not a Josh and Brent fan. I'm a fan of logic. You don't have to be sarcastic because I was seriously genuine in knowing where did your logic of them not deserving because they quit a Detour come from. :cmaslol

If you said they don't deserve to win because they sucked every leg, came in second to last every leg; that I understand. But because just based of them being forced to quit a Detour? Erm, ok. If you say so. :cmaslol And it doesn't help you contradict your words by saying it's okay if a team took wrong transportation, got penalized and win and that's fine. I guess I better stop confusing you because you seemed confused yourself. :cmas18

I am okay with any of the final three winning. I was rooting for Trey and Lexi and Beekman if you ask me.

I don't see it that way. Either they're forced to quit or not, bottom line They did not do the detour. And wasn't the penalty was supposed to be 24 hours?

It's just me though, but I don't think a team who quitted a freaking detour (either way they're forced or not) deserved to win a million dollar. If it's a rodablock, err... maybe...  but a detour,  :cmas30: :cmas30: :cmas30:

I'm not a Josh and Brent fan. I'm a fan of logic. ....
so you're not a Josh&Brent fan, but you're a fan of the Beekman. Oh okay. That makes good logic  :cmas16

Please Bring'em back:

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #180 on: December 10, 2012, 04:06:03 AM »
:congrats: to the Beekmans for winning a Race. I hope Josh gets his Ford Escape!  :cmaslol

I still would've preferred the Chips to win though... :P

And the 'whoever  has the $1,000,000 quote for that season will win' curse (is it a curse?) has been broken!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #181 on: December 10, 2012, 04:24:03 AM »

I don't see it that way. Either they're forced to quit or not, bottom line They did not do the detour. And wasn't the penalty was supposed to be 24 hours?

It's just me though, but I don't think a team who quitted a freaking detour (either way they're forced or not) deserved to win a million dollar. If it's a rodablock, err... maybe...  but a detour,  :cmas30: :cmas30: :cmas30:

so you're not a Josh&Brent fan, but you're a fan of the Beekman. Oh okay. That makes good logic  :cmas16

Just because I'm rooting for somebody to win doesn't mean I'm the fan of that particular team. Please try harder.

Offline BuuYaa

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #182 on: December 10, 2012, 04:49:40 AM »

Just because I'm rooting for somebody to win doesn't mean I'm the fan of that particular team. Please try harder.

yeah right!
Please Bring'em back:

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #183 on: December 10, 2012, 05:42:34 AM »
:congrats: to the Beekmans for winning a Race. I hope Josh gets his Ford Escape!  :cmaslol

I still would've preferred the Chips to win though... :P

And the 'whoever  has the $1,000,000 quote for that season will win' curse (is it a curse?) has been broken!

I don't know maybe Jaime & Cara's "This Is How You Lose A Million Dollars" has broken it all. Well, I don't know if that counts :cmaslol
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #184 on: December 10, 2012, 05:45:02 AM »

That curse has been broken many times.. which mean it's not even a curse  :cmaslol

TAR 19 - Marcus said the title (Ernie & Cindy win)
TAR 18 - Justin said the title (Kisha & Jen win)

.. and so on ..

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #185 on: December 10, 2012, 05:51:07 AM »
To be honest, I think this is definitely much much better than Season 20. For me, at least. :hides

I didn't enjoy season 20 like the way I enjoy this season. This season is really entertaining, with the most of the teams are really great, a lot of nail-biting results almost each leg, good challenge (yeah, some tasks are not good, like racing with the bulls, but at least it has something with the culture compared than rappel down in Italy, seriously).

The finale is great. I love that hidden clue. It's really smart. I am sure teams spent a hell amount of time there. The Houdini-Roadblock is awesome! It's really cool, with that straight jacket and that hanging. Pizza tasks are good, too, since I think its purpose to distract teams' mind before the final challenge. Hello-goodbyes task is perfectly executed. It will be lame if there's no bunching. It surprises me too to see they really took a lot of time to do this challenge. That must be difficult.

Overall, this season will be in half top position in my rankings. I am sure there will be many teams from this season to be back for next All Stars since most of them are All-Star worthy! :cmas9

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #186 on: December 10, 2012, 06:00:52 AM »
Overall, this season will be in half top position in my rankings. I am sure there will be many teams from this season to be back for next All Stars since most of them are All-Star worthy! :cmas9

I wouldn't be surprised either! They did a really good job casting. Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if this is TAR14 for the next AS!

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #187 on: December 10, 2012, 06:54:46 AM »

That curse has been broken many times.. which mean it's not even a curse  :cmaslol

TAR 19 - Marcus said the title (Ernie & Cindy win)
TAR 18 - Justin said the title (Kisha & Jen win)

.. and so on ..

Add Rachel & Dave (he said the quote on route to Osaka Airport in the last leg of TAR20).
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #188 on: December 10, 2012, 08:07:36 AM »
WOW Josh and Brent? Really ???  :cmas12
I bet Abby and Ryan were back flipping when Josh&Brent arrived...   :cmas50

I remembered posting something here before that goes like this
"The Chippendales didn't need to U-Turn Abby&Ryan (and saving Josh&Brent). They're so far behind. If Josh&Brent end up winning, they're gonna look back at this."

Can't believe it actually happened.  :cmas5

Don't get me wrong, I like Josh&Brent. But seeing them winning is absolutely horibble.
I am a huge fan of Dave&Rachel, and compared them to Josh&Brent, OH MY GOD I think I am gonna do the backflip myself.  :cmas22

a team who took a freaking penalty at a detour, ended up winning. Oh heaven!
If they took a penalty like how Rob and Amber took a penalty in season 7, I wouldn't mind cause It was good move.but the way they took it, oh man!

but anyway, congratulations to Josh&Brent  :cmas26

"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline nash

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Philippians 4:13
« Reply #189 on: December 10, 2012, 09:02:02 AM »
Terrible season.  Terrible finale.  Worst winners since Dan & Jordan.  Gives me a sick feeling in my stomach - yuck!

Hoping for much better in Season 22. 

Offline AR FAN

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #190 on: December 10, 2012, 09:20:40 AM »
:cmas23 :cmas51 :xmas146 :xmas110 :cmas9 :cmas26
Finally a decent team has won, last being TAR 12, YIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPY

:cmas51 :cmas51 :cmas51 :cmas51 :cmas51 :cmas51 :cmastree :cmastree :cmastree :cmastree :cmas23 :cmas23 :cmas23 :cmas23 :cmas23 :cmas23 :cmas23 :cmas23 :cmas23 :cmas23 :cmas23 :cmas23 :xmas146 :xmas146 :xmas146 :xmas146 :xmas146 :xmas146 :xmas146 :xmas146 :xmas146 :xmas146 :xmas146 :cmas9 :cmas9 :cmas9 :cmas9 :cmas9 :cmas9 :cmas9 :cmas9 :cmas9 :cmas9 :cmas9 :cmas9 :cmas9 :cmas9 :cmas9 :cmas9 :cmas9 :cmas9
I was thinking the same thing!!!    :cmas26

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #191 on: December 10, 2012, 09:23:56 AM »

I wouldn't be surprised either! They did a really good job casting. Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if this is TAR14 for the next AS!

Really, guys, really?
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #192 on: December 10, 2012, 09:34:18 AM »
Yes. Really memorable and likeable teams.

Offline BuuYaa

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #193 on: December 10, 2012, 09:36:21 AM »
Terrible season.  Terrible finale.  Worst winners since Dan & Jordan.  Gives me a sick feeling in my stomach - yuck!

Hoping for much better in Season 22. 

I think I must agree with you.
Dan and Jordan was the worst winner up until last night.
At least Dan and Jordan had some strategies back in season 16. They took it slow on purpose and just strike at the end.

While Josh and Brent is like "You know what, Let's just get there and do this together." It's like they don't actually care. Even Ryan realized it when he said "They got what they need going further in the race" before he realized there are no more empty slots in U-Turn mat  :cmaslol.

When Brent said "We would have you guys U-turned us and we'll do this thing together." I was like  :cmas18 "HELL NO! What the f*ck? Just freaking go!" Yes that was so nice.... but this is not "The Amazing Friends".

Even Phil is not so excited I think. These are some of Phil tweets about final three as I could remember :
"Congrats #Chippendales on the new Fords"
"#Trey may have future in magic. I don't think Houdini himself could escape from that faster than him"
"Beekmans never won a leg, but they are from NY. Home advantage? Oh well!"

Please Bring'em back:

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #194 on: December 10, 2012, 09:36:59 AM »

So in their second chance all will fail except for the sisters team.  :cmas18.... i'm so here for that.  :cmas9 :cmastree

Offline BuuYaa

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #195 on: December 10, 2012, 09:50:00 AM »
WOW Josh and Brent? Really ???  :cmas12
I bet Abby and Ryan were back flipping when Josh&Brent arrived...   :cmas50

I remembered posting something here before that goes like this
"The Chippendales didn't need to U-Turn Abby&Ryan (and saving Josh&Brent). They're so far behind. If Josh&Brent end up winning, they're gonna look back at this."

Can't believe it actually happened.  :cmas5

Don't get me wrong, I like Josh&Brent. But seeing them winning is absolutely horibble.
I am a huge fan of Dave&Rachel, and compared them to Josh&Brent, OH MY GOD I think I am gonna do the backflip myself.  :cmas22

a team who took a freaking penalty at a detour, ended up winning. Oh heaven!
If they took a penalty like how Rob and Amber took a penalty in season 7, I wouldn't mind cause It was good move.but the way they took it, oh man!

but anyway, congratulations to Josh&Brent  :cmas26

God Ryan is such a baby in there. When Jaymes&James and Trey&Lexi walked in he just stood there like he didn't care. Seriously like grow up! People said this season is a lot like season 16, well I guess they are right. We got a male version of Brandy up there. (remember Brandy who got so upset over Caite for U-turning her.) I wonder how will he be if he got evicted from the BB House?

And he tweeted something like "...the winner will get a free chippendale show". He said in his interview that he dated Jaymes V. He was so upset he got U-Turned. What a baby! Go talk to Kris&Amanda they got u-turned twice they're doing just fine

I once thought that the editors may not like him that's why he didn't get a very good editing. But now I think the editors are just being real and honest.

Please Bring'em back:

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #196 on: December 10, 2012, 10:05:08 AM »
And..... congrats to..... Josh & Brent!!!  :cmas26

They have OFFICIALLY made the record for the least averaged placing to win TAR!

Is this the first time ever a Finish Line was indoors? :cmas19

Actually, season 16's winners, Jordan and Daniel had a lower placement average for a winning team (4.3333) compared to the Beekman Boys (4.2500)
Really... surprising? :o

Offline BuuYaa

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #197 on: December 10, 2012, 10:09:19 AM »

Really, guys, really?

LOL really guys really?
well,  The Twins and The Chippendales have really strong edits I guess they'll be in All Stars no questions.

Not so sure about Trexie. Their edit was not that sharp even though they won most legs.

Abby&Ryan, James&Abba and maybe Amy&Daniele for another Unfinished Business seasons.

The winners never really got a strong edit actually. DaveRachel ended up being boring winners. Booper's way more famous. I love'em though they're awesome.  Ernie&Cindy's are just plain boring. Nat&Kat's? I don't know I was too busy laughing at Brook&Claire. Dan&Jordan's, well Jet&Cord was in there too so..  :cmas16
Please Bring'em back:

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #198 on: December 10, 2012, 10:10:33 AM »
I'd say Chips , Abbie and Ryan and Rockers are ALL STARS material. Only.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #199 on: December 10, 2012, 10:12:37 AM »
I'd say all of the final six + Amy & Daniel are All Star material