Author Topic: FINALE PARTY! SHOW updates and commentary *start: 800PM or later* note rules  (Read 73595 times)

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: FINALE PARTY! SHOW updates and commentary *start: 800PM or later* note rules
« Reply #150 on: December 09, 2012, 09:32:59 PM »
People who are saying that it is worst season ever and do not like the winners should stick with Survivor.

lol I am sticking with Survivor. :lol:
Thank goodness there is Survivor, because this season (and the last 2) of TAR were really really boring.
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

NoluckBoston

Re: FINALE PARTY! SHOW updates and commentary *start: 800PM or later* note rules
« Reply #151 on: December 09, 2012, 09:33:10 PM »
Any winner is deserving if they win the final leg...

Just saying. :cmaslol

Thank you! Well Said!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #152 on: December 09, 2012, 09:33:27 PM »
I will repeat once again. Just because your rooting interest doesn't win does not make it a bad season.

I don't need to be told by anyone that this is a bad season because your favourite team didn't win or anything like that. I enjoyed the season, it was exciting throughout, the teams were really competitive and there was a good mix of different personalities, the route was decent and some tasks were really MEMORABLE, and the winner will always be deserving. If you win, you win. A GREAT season overall.

There, see how perspectives can go. :cmas9

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #153 on: December 09, 2012, 09:35:30 PM »
Even Survivor was boring for Redemption Island please. TAR >> Survivor. :cmaslol

Offline Kelsey_x

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #154 on: December 09, 2012, 09:37:26 PM »

I completely agree. If you make it to the end, you deserve to win. Also, there is no requirement that you have to win a leg (other then the final one) to win the race. All you have to do is survive to the end. I am annoyed hearing people say oh they were saved by NEL too, NEL is just as much a part of the game as the U turn. Overall, I loved this season, was rooting for the Chips, but am very happy for the Beekmans.

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #155 on: December 09, 2012, 09:37:39 PM »
People who are saying that it is worst season ever and do not like the winners should stick with Survivor.

Not even that would make me watch that show.

Well it is what it is... at least we have Christmas  :xmas146 :cmastree

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #156 on: December 09, 2012, 09:41:12 PM »
Haterz gunna hate. Like it or not, Brent and Josh won and whinging won't change that fact :)

It was one of the best finales we've had in a LONG time. The whole underdogs story was amazing and tbh, it's nice to see underdogs win instead of dominating teams who've won leg after leg after leg. This was WAY better than Rachel & Dave last season (sorry Prophet  :cmas19)

Sure the route was horrid, but it really wasn't as bad as you all make it out to be. The Russian, Turkish and Holland legs were quite impressive everything else wasn't that bad so that was alright :) This 2 hour episode definitely made up for what was lacking in the season though imo :D Not the worst season by far.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #157 on: December 09, 2012, 09:42:49 PM »
Haterz gunna hate. Like it or not, Brent and Josh won and whinging won't change that fact :)

It was one of the best finales we've had in a LONG time. The whole underdogs story was amazing and tbh, it's nice to see underdogs win instead of dominating teams who've won leg after leg after leg. This was WAY better than Rachel & Dave last season (sorry Prophet  :cmas19)

Sure the route was horrid, but it really wasn't as bad as you all make it out to be. The Russian, Turkish and Holland legs were quite impressive everything else wasn't that bad so that was alright :) This 2 hour episode definitely made up for what was lacking in the season though imo :D Not the worst season by far.

Offline Prama

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Later!
« Reply #158 on: December 09, 2012, 09:43:08 PM »
Umm did anyone heard who say the title?
Prama's Member Game Profile
Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #159 on: December 09, 2012, 09:44:09 PM »
Umm did anyone heard who say the title?

I've read elsewhere that Trey said the title during the first hour.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #160 on: December 09, 2012, 09:46:19 PM »
Kudos to Josh and Brent! :tup:

This season, though, is particularly boring for me. For one, I never cared it is the finale tonight. I'm always ecstatic during finale days, but I don't know, this time, I'm not.

Also, I took a quick rewatch of the intro of the teams this season. I realized this is a boring cast for me. Well, they were edited that way. I just quite like Trey/Lexi. I love Natalie/Nadiya. James/Abba were rootable, but not that much. hmmzzz for Josh/Brent. Amy/Daniel who? Caitlin/Brittany who? Rob/Sheila who? Gary/Will had a good intro, but they were horrible, especially as fans! Abbie/Ryan LOVE. Jaymes/James LOVE. Rob/Kelley were obnoxious, well Rob is.

I also blame the editing big time (for the last three seasons of TAR). I still want the TAR17 edit in music, and cinematography or stuff like that lol, which is EPIC EPIC EPIC.
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #161 on: December 09, 2012, 09:48:39 PM »
I will repeat once again. Just because your rooting interest doesn't win does not make it a bad season.

I don't need to be told by anyone that this is a bad season because your favourite team didn't win or anything like that. I enjoyed the season, it was exciting throughout, the teams were really competitive and there was a good mix of different personalities, the route was decent and some tasks were really MEMORABLE, and the winner will always be deserving. If you win, you win. A GREAT season overall.

There, see how perspectives can go. :cmas9

No. The race was not bad JUST because the worst team won. It was NOT because of that. It was because there were only 4 good teams through the whole race and the route was AWFUL.

Shanghai, okay nice city, though wheres the culture? As far as I'm concerned that hole of a leg could have taken place in any chinatown in America. Indonesia, the tasks were alright, but very linear and I got bored watching despite how much of a great nation Indonesia is. Bangladesh. Awful awful awful. If they would have focused on creating good tasks instead of focusing on the poverty it would have been better. Natalie & Nadiya saved Bangladesh. Turkey was a decent leg, fine, but Turkey can do better. The Amazing Race Production can do better. Moscow for the nth time. The library task was quite boring but the only good thing about the episode was the Olympic swim coachh and the key task was linear. 2nd Russia was linear with the space between teams, and was decent but TAR could do better in Moscow, the leg seemed forced. Amsterdam was a good leg, probably the best in the season. Then Spain was awful. It was just awful and it just seems like everyone has gotten lazy, I mean not even a new country? They had so MANY opportunities and they just WASTED them. Even the new locations. France was alright  but detours were unbalanced and the RB Sucked, as well as placement orders. The finale was crap crap crap. The final task that took hours came down to luck.

So no, it was not crap because the team who got 2nd to last EVERY leg starting from Bangladesh. It was crap because of the route and the cherry on top was the worst team winning. Thank you.

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #162 on: December 09, 2012, 09:52:41 PM »
I LOVED this season! I really don't care if they go to new countries or not, if the tasks are inventive and the legs are competitive and exciting, it's a great season! Josh and Brent are the first winners I've rooted for since the beginning since Nat & Kat!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #163 on: December 09, 2012, 09:59:11 PM »
So no, it was not crap because the team who got 2nd to last EVERY leg starting from Bangladesh. It was crap because of the route and the cherry on top was the worst team winning. Thank you.

I loved the season because teams are what make up part of the entire season. I loved the teams this season and the cherry on top was a great final three with a great finale task and the entire outcome of the race was unexpected. Who would have expected James and Abba to lose their passports? Who would have expected Abbie and Ryan to be eliminated? Who would have expected Nadiya and Natalie to be eliminated? Who would have expected Josh and Brent to win?

Random race is random, but awesome. :xmas110

I don't give a damn about the tasks much, some tasks were lame and mediocre, but there were some really good ones.

Offline Harry4

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #164 on: December 09, 2012, 10:25:52 PM »
 :cmastree

SANTA LOVE GOATS

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #165 on: December 10, 2012, 12:33:12 AM »
This was actually one of my Favourite Final Threes ever on The Amazing Race (perhaps only topped by TAR3's and TAR18's Final Threes, and maybe TAR17's) because I actually liked all three teams. Was obviously cheering for Trexie, but I was fine with the Chips or the Beekmans winning.

But I do think it was an absolutely awful season. Only 16 and 19 were worse, in my opinion. However, the final leg was one of the best final legs in recent times.
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #166 on: December 10, 2012, 12:34:18 AM »
I usually hate it when a team magically wins the last leg despite winning none before. USUALLY is the key word.

Before the finale, I did not want the goat farmers to win. Like other people were saying, I did not believe they deserved to win based on their past performance.
But I started to root for them when the twinnies were talkign smack about them on the train. I always feel so bad for teams who are mistreated for doing nothing wrong. You should never accuse someone of not wanting it more. Then they argued with the twinnies :cmas22. That was clever arguing to distract them from the actual task. Great job Goat Farmers, use your brains to get yourselves ahead. To top it all off, they were able to get 3rd in such an exciting finish.

Leg 12 begins, I doubted they would win due to the hometown curse. What I loved about this finale is that the editing did not reveal who won. Each of the final 3 got equal edits. I was so happy for them to finish that final task. AND THEN WIN!!!!

They had so much against them: delayed flights, being forced to do the synchronied swimming, people who hated thme and would do anything to get rid of them (TWINNIES :cmas12), that I do think that, despite their lackluster rankings, they did deserve to win. I was not a fan of you guys before this evening, but now, GREAT JOB AND GOOD LUCK WITH THE FARM!

Offline a1mamacat

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I gotta cut back on the caffeine!!!
« Reply #167 on: December 10, 2012, 12:56:02 AM »

This phrase covers it all.  They deserved to win, because they were fastest team in the final task, in spite of the vitriol spewed at them by the Twinnies.  They were such a loudmouthed homophobic pair, I was ecstatic to see them gone, especially beaten out by the team they were bullying.

I was cheering for the Chippies, but am content with the Beekmans, as they fought hard in the last few legs.

Offline BuuYaa

• RFF Full Member
  • TAR 22 <3; TAR 23 must be better
« Reply #168 on: December 10, 2012, 02:11:55 AM »
WOW Josh and Brent? Really ???  :cmas12
I bet Abby and Ryan were back flipping when Josh&Brent arrived...   :cmas50

I remembered posting something here before that goes like this
"The Chippendales didn't need to U-Turn Abby&Ryan (and saving Josh&Brent). They're so far behind. If Josh&Brent end up winning, they're gonna look back at this."

Can't believe it actually happened.  :cmas5

Don't get me wrong, I like Josh&Brent. But seeing them winning is absolutely horibble.
I am a huge fan of Dave&Rachel, and compared them to Josh&Brent, OH MY GOD I think I am gonna do the backflip myself.  :cmas22

a team who took a freaking penalty at a detour, ended up winning. Oh heaven!
If they took a penalty like how Rob and Amber took a penalty in season 7, I wouldn't mind cause It was good move.but the way they took it, oh man!

but anyway, congratulations to Josh&Brent  :cmas26
Please Bring'em back:
=======================================
MM: Jaymes&James; Mark&Bopper
FF: Caroline&Jennifer; Pam&Winnie; Natalie&Nadiya;
MF: Joey&Meghan;
Couple : Max&Katie; Abby&Ryan; Brendon&Rachel; Amani&Marcus;
Elder Couple : Chuck&Wynona; Bill&Cathi;
======================================

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #169 on: December 10, 2012, 02:32:57 AM »
If they took a penalty like how Rob and Amber took a penalty in season 7, I wouldn't mind cause It was good move.but the way they took it, oh man!

The way they took it was because the pool was closing and the other Detour option was not available anymore. They didn't quit. So what's wrong?

Offline BuuYaa

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #170 on: December 10, 2012, 02:41:33 AM »

The way they took it was because the pool was closing and the other Detour option was not available anymore. They didn't quit. So what's wrong?

no nothing's wrong. it's just not quite pleasant for us fans.
a team who was penalized for not completing a task ended up winning. penalized for using wrong transportation and still winning is one thing, but penalized for not completing a detour and winning, it's not good
Please Bring'em back:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #171 on: December 10, 2012, 02:47:40 AM »
I don't see your logic. A team who gets penalized for using wrong transportation because they did not read the clue properly (which is their own fault) and win is acceptable.

But a team who gets penalized four hours because one detour option was not available and they did not get to continue trying the detour they were doing anymore because the pool was closing (which is obviously not their fault) and win is unacceptable. Please note that even James and Abba managed to complete the Detour, despite how pathetic we've seen they were. A few more tries and I'm sure Josh and Brent would have gotten the clue, if not for the hours of operation.

Is it rather unpleasant for you only? Because I don't quite get your logic. And I'm sure others don't too, even if they are not a Beekman lover.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #172 on: December 10, 2012, 02:48:51 AM »
I will say that I consider this one of the best final legs ever, mainly because it was heavily mental as opposed to the heavily physical one last season. Having teams take almost three hours to complete the final challenge really shows how the difficulty spiked. Consequently, I think this hello-goodbye task is one of the strongest candidates for a Switchback in future seasons (who else thinks we'll see this next year in TARAus?)
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline BuuYaa

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #173 on: December 10, 2012, 03:03:05 AM »
I don't see your logic. A team who gets penalized for using wrong transportation because they did not read the clue properly (which is their own fault) and win is acceptable.

But a team who gets penalized four hours because one detour option was not available and they did not get to continue trying the detour they were doing anymore because the pool was closing (which is obviously not their fault) and win is unacceptable. Please note that even James and Abba managed to complete the Detour, despite how pathetic we've seen they were. A few more tries and I'm sure Josh and Brent would have gotten the clue, if not for the hours of operation.

Is it rather unpleasant for you only? Because I don't quite get your logic. And I'm sure others don't too, even if they are not a Beekman lover.

Oh I get it now so you're a Beekman fan. A fan with pure nice heart. I am sorry you're offended.  :mas25

Yes it's not their fault because the pool is closing or whatever.

Sure, Josh & Brent deserved to win. They're just like the other winners, you know like Dave&Rachel, or Nat&Kat, or Meghan&Cheyne.  :cmas23

Besides, Kisha&Jen and Eric&Danielle only won the final leg too so yeah! Josh&Brent is as good as Kisha&Jen and Eric&Danielle could be..

Please Bring'em back:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #174 on: December 10, 2012, 03:05:12 AM »
I'm not a Josh and Brent fan. I'm a fan of logic. You don't have to be sarcastic because I was seriously genuine in knowing where did your logic of them not deserving because they quit a Detour come from. :cmaslol

If you said they don't deserve to win because they sucked every leg, came in second to last every leg; that I understand. But because just based of them being forced to quit a Detour? Erm, ok. If you say so. :cmaslol And it doesn't help you contradict your words by saying it's okay if a team took wrong transportation, got penalized and win and that's fine. I guess I better stop confusing you because you seemed confused yourself. :cmas18

I am okay with any of the final three winning. I was rooting for Trey and Lexi and Beekman if you ask me.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 03:08:31 AM by Joab »