Author Topic: FINALE PARTY! SHOW updates and commentary *start: 800PM or later* note rules  (Read 73579 times)

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: FINALE PARTY! SHOW updates and commentary *start: 800PM or later* note rules
« Reply #125 on: December 09, 2012, 09:12:27 PM »
The worst winners ever to cap off the worst season ever. Great.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: FINALE PARTY! SHOW updates and commentary *start: 800PM or later* note rules
« Reply #126 on: December 09, 2012, 09:14:15 PM »
I think this is one of the best finales ever. Tons of drama.

While I agree that this route isn't one of the best, I definitely don't think this is the "worst season ever". :cmas30: I also don't understand where all this Beekman hate is coming from...

Offline Harry4

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #127 on: December 09, 2012, 09:15:48 PM »
People who are saying that it is worst season ever and do not like the winners should stick with Survivor.

NoluckBoston

« Reply #128 on: December 09, 2012, 09:16:11 PM »
The best part was the final task. It was anyone to win or lose.

Lexi slowed herself down with tears, that will win you nothing. A shame they were great racers.

The Chips were impressive with the Flags, congrats to them on finishing so fast. They have never come across as being the best at the mental challenges. Good guys.

The Josh and Brent won the final challenge and rightfully deserve the million. They methodically solved out that flag challenge. Just as deserving as the rest to win.

Remember never to buckle under pressure and you may will the race.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #129 on: December 09, 2012, 09:16:11 PM »
Beekman were the underdogs definitely, but I loved that this season was exciting every single leg such that Andy and Tommy or Rachel and Dave didn't win every leg. The final 6 teams all won legs and it was nice to watch that all the teams had capabilities and not just a one sided affair.

It was a refreshing change for a memory challenge, and Josh won the game for them with his maths problem way of solving the task. They took 2 hours plus to complete it and it was anybody's game.

This was a hard finale task and nobody, except the best could do it. Josh and Brent deserved to win as much as all other one leg winners does (Eric and Danielle coughs).

I loved how the Beekman ran their race, completely under the radar and then turning on their power to win the very last one. And it's not like they stumbled upon two NELs or what and crashed and burn throughout. They had some decent legs too. IMO Dan and Andrew were worst.

I believe all of us have our different favourites so just respect that okay? I was hoping Trey and Lexi would get it too but too bad, Lexi couldn't keep it calm. Chippendales seemed disappointed but... hey, they tried.

Great end to a great season. Would have been happy if any of the F3 teams won, since twinnies are not there. :cmaslol

Offline amazing race fan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #130 on: December 09, 2012, 09:17:49 PM »
Awful finish to the worst season on the history of the show besides the Family Edition. A team that didn't even come in 1st or 2nd the whole race besides the last leg won the 1 Million dollars. I really don't know how lucky a team can get on the Amazing Race. First they got a Non-Elimination Leg that saves them from elimination. Then they got saved because another team was U-Turned when Josh and Brent would have been the last place team. I have nothing against Josh and Brent, they seem like nice guys, but winners of this show? Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic.

Season 22 better be good because Season 21 was overall just a poor season. From the cast, to the locations, to the drama, the tasks, and the winners. I don't think you could say any 22 was good in any of those aspects. Maybe I am overreacting but Season 21 was an absolute failure. Locations weren't interesting, few interesting teams and awful winners.

I agree on EVERYTHING except the Family Edition part. At least the teams were decent and weren't awful and the race had good tasks despite being in North America(though notice 'edition' not a real TAR) and I liked it, way better than most races and dang more better than this hole that is TAR21.

I won't pretend to know so much because I didn't even watch Family Edition, I thought it was a waste of my time. I am purely just judging it on the concept of families racing around the United States, I don't find that very interesting. As far as the actual season was concerned, I didn't watch it, so maybe I am dead wrong. However, I just assumed it was awful.

Back to Season 21 though. This was just an awful season. People cloud their rooting interests and reality. Just because someone liked Josh and Brent doesn't mean this makes this one of the best seasons ever. Maybe they enjoyed this season the most because their rooting interest won, but enjoyment and reality are different. I have never clouded my rooting interest with reality. The season should be graded upon locations, drama, personalities of the teams, and how deserving the winner was. I don't think Season 21 did very well in any of those categories.

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #131 on: December 09, 2012, 09:18:02 PM »
I think It's best Underdog is more strong but I love more Underdog!  :cmas27
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #132 on: December 09, 2012, 09:18:13 PM »
And..... congrats to..... Josh & Brent!!!  :cmas26

They have OFFICIALLY made the record for the least averaged placing to win TAR!

Is this the first time ever a Finish Line was indoors? :cmas19

Actually, season 16's winners, Jordan and Daniel had a lower placement average for a winning team (4.3333) compared to the Beekman Boys (4.2500)
-- theschnauzers

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #133 on: December 09, 2012, 09:19:05 PM »
I was gonna do the HATERS ARE GONNA HATE AVATAR for Josh and Brent but decided not to do it because it was just too childish.

But if I did it, it was to show how annoying it can get when people do the HATERS ARE GONNA HATE thing for their avatar. :cmaslol

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #134 on: December 09, 2012, 09:19:38 PM »
I think this is one of the best finales ever. Tons of drama.

While I agree that this route isn't one of the best, I definitely don't think this is the "worst season ever". :cmas30: I also don't understand where all this Beekman hate is coming from...

I couldn't agree more Polaroid! I love France and NYC! Awesome legs! and an AMAZING final challenge, which was executed very well and looked awesome too!

It DEFINITELY was not one of the worst seasons ever. It's not one of the best, but it was really good! We don't hate the Beekmans, we just think they dont deserve it based on the fact that they only used their skill at the very last challenge.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #135 on: December 09, 2012, 09:19:51 PM »
Beekman were the underdogs definitely, but I loved that this season was exciting every single leg such that Andy and Tommy or Rachel and Dave didn't win every leg. The final 6 teams all won legs and it was nice to watch that all the teams had capabilities and not just a one sided affair.

Exactly, I probably would've appreciated TAR 20 more had Rachel & Dave not dominated the entire thing  :cmas3

Side/random fact: First time since 18 where all NEL's were rewarded to each different teams  :cmaslol (this counts for KRL's too)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #136 on: December 09, 2012, 09:21:00 PM »
Okay, let's establish that it's ONE OF THE BEST SEASONS... FOR ME. In a long long time.

If you don't agree with it, stop watching the show, switch to Survivor, bake some cakes. :reindeer

Offline Saravannan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #137 on: December 09, 2012, 09:21:19 PM »
Not happy at all with the winners, almost as bad as when Dan/Jordan won. Only bad thing about this season though.

NoluckBoston

« Reply #138 on: December 09, 2012, 09:21:21 PM »
I think this was one of the better seasons. I loved the evil plot to kick out Abby and Ryan. It was so skillful and smart. Its the first we seen the U-turn used with such skill. It completely changed the race.

Offline Harry4

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #139 on: December 09, 2012, 09:22:23 PM »
We love goats.

Offline Harry4

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #140 on: December 09, 2012, 09:23:01 PM »
We love goats.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #141 on: December 09, 2012, 09:23:12 PM »
I think Abbie and Ryan could have a great shot winning... so the Dream Team actually opened the path for Beekman to win by helping them get rid of a strong team.

Offline amazing race fan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #142 on: December 09, 2012, 09:23:37 PM »
Awful finish to the worst season on the history of the show besides the Family Edition. A team that didn't even come in 1st or 2nd the whole race besides the last leg won the 1 Million dollars. I really don't know how lucky a team can get on the Amazing Race. First they got a Non-Elimination Leg that saves them from elimination. Then they got saved because another team was U-Turned when Josh and Brent would have been the last place team. I have nothing against Josh and Brent, they seem like nice guys, but winners of this show? Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic.

Season 22 better be good because Season 21 was overall just a poor season. From the cast, to the locations, to the drama, the tasks, and the winners. I don't think you could say any 22 was good in any of those aspects. Maybe I am overreacting but Season 21 was an absolute failure. Locations weren't interesting, few interesting teams and awful winners.

im gonna agree and disagree with that. this WASNT a trainwreck season like some others, but it WASNT  terrific season. it was in the middle. this finale was spectacular, they were the best legs. and i did not realise the memory challenge would be such a bitch! i mean, they were out til night time! i am very dissapointed the beekmans won. dont get me wrong, i like them, but they werent deserving. if a deserving team wins, i'll be happy regardless if i like them or not. after leg 4, they either placed last or second last in every leg. now thats pretty poor if you ask me.
i love it when underdogs win, but not when they ran a completely **** race and were not strong at all! e.g. kisha and jen were NEVER in danger of elimination, but the beekmans were on the elimination list 7/12 legs. wth

I agree with everything you said. In addition to that, I wasn't a fan of the route. Too much China and Russia. Plus, I just don't find Indonesia interesting at all, and two legs of Indonesia is torture, IMO. The rest of the route wasn't too bad, but I still think this was one of the worst routes ever.

I also don't think the teams were incredibly interesting. The Twins were interesting whether you liked them or not, that you can't dispute. However, the other teams are basically seen on every season. Trey and Lexi are the young athletic couple, Chippendales are the Alpha-Males, Josh and Brent play the role of the underdog gays. I just don't think this cast was that interesting. I am not basing this off of one or two teams, I really think overall there were very few teams that were interesting.

The last thing I base it off is drama. Except for the twins, there was nothing. The twins created all the drama on this season. The rest of the teams were so non-conflictual.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #143 on: December 09, 2012, 09:23:53 PM »
For those who say worst season ever please

Every season is unique with new locations and teams. I don't think there has ever been a "worst season"

I was hoping for the twinnies to win but knew of their demise hopefully they and James and Abba are back for an All Stars run.
Are you kidding? There was not a single new country in this season. Even Family Edition went to new countries!!!!! And it's not just that, but the locations in the countries were the same as what they always go to!

Offline alecbaldwin

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #144 on: December 09, 2012, 09:25:41 PM »
better if Jaymes & James won then I would consider this is a good season.  :cmas4 :cmas4 :cmas4 :cmas4 :cmas4

Offline amazing race fan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #145 on: December 09, 2012, 09:25:49 PM »
People who are saying that it is worst season ever and do not like the winners should stick with Survivor.

Its not about not liking the winners. They didn't deserve to win. I am perfectly fine if a team wins that I didn't root for if they deserved to win, but if I see a team that didn't finish 1st or 2nd once besides the final leg, in addition to finishing last or second to last for every leg from leg 4 on, its not hard to put the pieces together that they didn't deserve to win.

paldog123456

« Reply #146 on: December 09, 2012, 09:26:02 PM »
Embarrassing that Texas does not know the UN symbol. Come on people!

I completely agree! As a Model UN delegate, this saddens me. :(

NoluckBoston

« Reply #147 on: December 09, 2012, 09:27:43 PM »
Phil promises next season is going to be worth watching!
Not for nothing, what would he say? Don't watch its boring lol.

I am sure it will be good, however. Now that we know the countries visited.

Offline amazing race fan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #148 on: December 09, 2012, 09:30:37 PM »
For those who say worst season ever please

Every season is unique with new locations and teams. I don't think there has ever been a "worst season"

I was hoping for the twinnies to win but knew of their demise hopefully they and James and Abba are back for an All Stars run.
Are you kidding? There was not a single new country in this season. Even Family Edition went to new countries!!!!! And it's not just that, but the locations in the countries were the same as what they always go to!

Bangladesh, Turkey Indonesia were visited once.

Spain and France had locations never visited before

Shanghai/Moscow/Amsterdam yes recycled but what race doesn't

Still a good mix of a route even if not the best route imaginable.

Not one new country, and the same countries all over again. Thats a poor route. The winners were not deserving, and the teams were not interesting. The finale was good, I will give you that.

I will repeat once again. Just because your rooting interest won does not make it a good season.

I don't need to be told by anyone to switch to Survivor or anything like that. I didn't enjoy the season, it was boring, the teams were boring, the route was the same old route I have seen many times, and the winners were definitely not deserving. A bad season overall.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #149 on: December 09, 2012, 09:32:09 PM »
Any winner is deserving if they win the final leg...

Just saying. :cmaslol