The Amazing Race International Versions > TAR Australia

Mel Greig from TARAUS 1 involved in the tragic Royal family radio prank

(1/6) > >>

RichInSydney:
Mel Greig who raced with her sister Alana in series 1 of TAR Australia was one of the DJs involved in the now tragic prank call on Australian radio to the UK hospital where pregnant Princess Kate was admitted.

This is a really tragic story now that the nurse who answered the call, mistakenly thinking it was the Queen (instead an impersonation by Mel Greig), has now taken her own life.

A lot will be said about the DJs involved but now they will have to live with this for life. Very very tragic.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2244732/Jacintha-Saldanha-death-Australian-DJs-Mel-Greig-Christian-Michael-taken-air-sick-prank.html

Reilly Queens:
I heard about this two :cmas18

tarauslover:
I heard about this as well but I don't see how she and her co-host should be made accountable when we don't know about the mental history of the nurse that picked up the call...

RichInSydney:

--- Quote from: tarauslover on December 07, 2012, 10:32:26 PM ---I heard about this as well but I don't see how she and her co-host should be made accountable when we don't know about the mental history of the nurse that picked up the call...

--- End quote ---
There are laws around this and without being a lawyer, the person being called must be made aware they were being recorded and also consent to it being broadcast on public radio. Neither of this looks to have happened. All I can say is that if a normal everyday nurse suddenly makes news headlines due to their mistake at work, I'm sure they may have being contributing factor.

Not saying the DJs did anything wrong, Im sure they would have some producer and a team at the radio station who plan these type of things.

tarauslover:

--- Quote from: RichInSydney on December 07, 2012, 10:46:39 PM ---
--- Quote from: tarauslover on December 07, 2012, 10:32:26 PM ---I heard about this as well but I don't see how she and her co-host should be made accountable when we don't know about the mental history of the nurse that picked up the call...

--- End quote ---
There are laws around this and without being a lawyer, the person being called must be made aware they were being recorded and also consent to it being broadcast on public radio. Neither of this looks to have happened. All I can say is that if a normal everyday nurse suddenly makes news headlines due to their mistake at work, I'm sure they may have being contributing factor.

Not saying the DJs did anything wrong, Im sure they would have some producer and a team at the radio station who plan these type of things.

--- End quote ---

Yeah I agree but it's getting pretty intense, both Mel and the co-host had to deactivate their twitter accounts after receiving so much abuse and death threats!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version