The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

Trying to finish some races I struggled with before (13,2,4,9,8)

<< < (6/8) > >>

addie:
I need to watch back TAR4.

Titles for episodes are often taken from quotes made by the racers.

"Cheaters Never Win...And They Cheated!" – Sheree
"It Doesn't Say Anything About First Come First Served...And We're Bigger" – Reichen
"I Wasn't Even Going To Touch You Until You Slammed My Head Backwards" – Millie
"Check Your Tires Because...Oh God, You Never Know What'll Happen!" – Steve (of Steve & Dave)
"You Are Just Deliberately Trying To Make Us Lose!" – Jaree
"I Could Have Never Been Prepared For What I'm Looking At Right Now" – Reichen
"We're Going Down The Wrong Side Of The Freeway...And The Lights Are Off!" – Tian
"The Princess Reminded Me of My Grandmother. She Was Very Old But Still Very, Very With It" – David
"We're Not at Charm School Learning How to Be a Gentleman, We're Racing" – Jon (of Kelly & Jon)
"That's Me. That's My Face. Just Hit My Face. Hit My Face!" – Jon (of Kelly & Jon)
"Such a Nice Pheromone Smell to You; Just Makes Me Want to Stay Close to You" – Jon (of Kelly & Jon)
"He's A Couple Of Ticks Away From Having A Heart Attack" – Jon (of Kelly & Jon)
"It's Like Adam Building His First House!" – Kelly

Kelly & Jon goddessess <3 Back in the time episode title quotes were still good <3

Dånooky:
I liked four because it was my gateway Season, but compared to five: four was definitely more about the course while five was more about the teams

Glamazon Racer:

--- Quote from: addie on December 10, 2012, 11:41:43 AM ---Back in the time episode title quotes were still good <3

--- End quote ---

IKR. :res: :lol:

I especially like these ones:

--- Quote from: addie on December 10, 2012, 11:41:43 AM ---"We're Going Down The Wrong Side Of The Freeway...And The Lights Are Off!" – Tian
"That's Me. That's My Face. Just Hit My Face. Hit My Face!" – Jon (of Kelly & Jon)
"It's Like Adam Building His First House!" – Kelly

--- End quote ---

starrynight:
I managed to finish 8 (the family edition) and actually it was much better than I expected after the disappointment of the first 3 episodes or so, and they do travel to central America and Canada.  The locations overall are quite good, better probably than the last season.  Some tasks are quite good with some drama, like driving the car through the mud.  Some tasks maybe are too easy but there is quite a lot of drama between teams.  A problem could be that there aren't that many teams to root for.  Loved Karissa though and it would have been great if they'd had a non-elimination leg.  Maybe Karissa and her brother could come back as a team eventually to see how they are once grown up?  After them the father and daughters team would probably have been my preferred winners, I didn't like who won.  There was a bit too much emphasis on the Weavers perhaps, though they had a role and their emphasis on their faith could be funny.  The Paolo family were good baddies, the arguments were actually funny.  So as I got to know the teams it became surprisingly watchable.  I might even have to put it above some others like 6, 21, 2.

Best Loser:

--- Quote from: starrynight on February 11, 2013, 06:10:16 AM ---I managed to finish 8 (the family edition) and actually it was much better than I expected after the disappointment of the first 3 episodes or so, and they do travel to central America and Canada.  The locations overall are quite good, better probably than the last season.  Some tasks are quite good with some drama, like driving the car through the mud.  Some tasks maybe are too easy but there is quite a lot of drama between teams.  A problem could be that there aren't that many teams to root for.  Loved Karissa though and it would have been great if they'd had a non-elimination leg.  Maybe Karissa and her brother could come back as a team eventually to see how they are once grown up?  After them the father and daughters team would probably have been my preferred winners, I didn't like who won.  There was a bit too much emphasis on the Weavers perhaps, though they had a role and their emphasis on their faith could be funny.  The Paolo family were good baddies, the arguments were actually funny.  So as I got to know the teams it became surprisingly watchable.  I might even have to put it above some others like 6, 21, 2.

--- End quote ---

I agree (maybe not with referring to the Paolos as baddies, but they were still entertaining.)

I think a lot of the "The Family Edition is terrible! It's the worst season ever!" is said by people who haven't seen it and are just echoing what they have seen. I guess 8 seasons into the show it might have been the worst, but I think it has aged fairly well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version