The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

Trying to finish some races I struggled with before (13,2,4,9,8)

<< < (3/8) > >>

Oddarane:
TAR 2 is one of the most underrated seasons IMO, I really liked it.

TAR 8 is the worst season, but some of the families that were racing made it kind of interesting watching anyway

starrynight:
Looking at 9 and BJ and Tyler are just way too much, really over the top in your face simple humour.  Another team just goes on about girls in every episode which is a bit boring.  The mother and daughter team or the all girl team (eliminated due to a yield and not getting passed on the statue task just because the pieces weren't fully in?) mean the race might end up lacking variety.

amazing race fan:

--- Quote from: starrynight on December 08, 2012, 11:27:14 PM ---Looking at 9 and BJ and Tyler are just way too much, really over the top in your face simple humour.  Another team just goes on about girls in every episode which is a bit boring.  The mother and daughter team or the all girl team (eliminated due to a yield and not getting passed on the statue task just because the pieces weren't fully in?) mean the race might end up lacking variety.

--- End quote ---

Trust me, continue watching Season 9. I thought the beginning was pretty boring also, it ended up being the most interesting season of the Amazing Race.

Best Loser:
No, if you think how starrynight does about the first half (which in my opinion is the better half) it only gets worse. Much worse. Out of the Final 5, Ray & Yolanda and Joseph & Monica are the only teams who aren't unbearable.

starrynight:

--- Quote from: kiki on December 08, 2012, 12:58:17 PM ---TAR 4. I hate Chip and Reichen. I wanted Jon and Kelly to win so I'm biased.

TAR 2. How can you have not seen TAR 2? Go watch it right now! The ChaCha team, Tara and Will bickering, the original Fern. I love this season.

--- End quote ---

Of the final teams in 4 I would have preferred Jon and Kelly to win, though I think I preferred Millie and Chuck more.

But Will is an asshole?  Never understood the popularity of 'ChaChaCha', they might have less personality than even the cowboys.  I guess they got support as people knew they would do well and have a chance to win and/or they weren't as hateable as many of the other unlikeable teams in that season.  So many of the teams make arrogant comments in the interviews, saying they know this and that.

And still with 2... one leg the teams knew it was a non-elimination just by reading the clue.  And the next leg the girls just give up again killing all suspense.  Some processional tasks as well.

With BJ and Tyler it was good when they pretended teams had to sign up for an early morning task by writing out pretend instructions.  But all the prancing around is just trying too hard, and just too loud all the time.  Brook was lively, but Claire was different as well so more of a contrast. Bopper was probably preferable as well, though that team wasn't a big favourite of mine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version