Author Topic: Ep 10 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary *start: 830PM or later* note rules  (Read 29622 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
:conf: Happy TAR DAY!!! :conf:

Even though we are a spoiler board, we do NOT want to have the episode spoiled while it is airing.

This will be more important than ever this season since Canada will be airing ahead of us any week we have Football delays...

SO!! If you are watching anything but an EST US feed, it is your responsibility to be sure you are not ahead of us if you want to post/update in this thread. Canadian feeds may be way ahead of us, especially when the US has a football delay,like this week possibly!

SO PLEASE ** NO WIKI UPDATES or Satellite Viewer updates or ANY OUTCOMES ** to be posted before the show is done airing East Coast time! Anyone breaking the rule is at risk of being banned.  :browsie:

And NO future spoilers either!

Otherwise, come watch with us for the best weekly viewing party in town!! :party:

We will have a LIVE streaming video posted every week we can find one. So if you are overseas or just on the West Coast and want to watch right away...please join us! You can follow along and PLEASE help update as the show unfolds! We hope everyone will join in the fun!! :wohoo:

LIVE STREAMING VIDEO links will be  HERE and will normally be put up about 20 minutes before show time. These are a good check as to what times we are seeing the show.

Scheduling and delays will be posted HERE.

And you can entertain yourself with the weekly episode threads as well while you wait! **Spoilers**

Have FUN everyone and :tu for joining us!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Show is delayed till 841 PM, hopefully we can ALL watch together??
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
Good night everyone! Happy TAR day!
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
Show is delayed till 841 PM, hopefully we can ALL watch together??

Here we go! Hello everyone!

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Previously on the Amazing Race, 5 teams raced from Russia to Amsterdam.

Twins, Chips and Trey & Lexi had a plan to U-Turn Abbie & Ryan and then use up the second U-Turn on the person who used the first U-Turn. Abbie & Ryan had plane trouble in Frankfurt again. Natalie & Nadiya took a fishy fast forward and came in first. Jaymes & James followed through with the plan and U-Turned Abbie & Ryan. Ryan & Abbie were surprised. Josh & Brent narrowly escaped elimination again. Abbie & Ryan were eliminated and their chance at the $2 million is gone.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
Here we go for the second last time this year! :ascared
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline WolfgalX

• RFF Jr. Member
I didn't realize there were only two more episodes this season... :(

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Natalie & Nadiya depart first at 2:55 AM. Fly to Barcelona, Spain. Then proceed to the island of Mallorca by an overnight ferry. Then they'll see devils and demons playing with fire. One of them has the clue. Natalie & Nadiya manage to get on a flight by themselves?

Jaymes & James depart at 5:57 AM. :o They U-Turned their friends Abbie & Ryan last leg. They say it would be awkward if Abbie & Ryan were still in the race...

Trey & Lexi depart at 6:38 AM.

Chips get a flight by themselves... Trey & Lexi get on a flight by themselves as well? The first three teams are all making their way to Barcelona, Spain on different flights.

Natalie & Nadiya are the first to arrive in Barcelona.

Josh & Brent depart at 9:38 AM. They've been playing catch up for 3 legs...

Offline WolfgalX

• RFF Jr. Member
"I'm not pregnant."  :lol3:

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Josh had a foot injury in the last leg and now it's wrapped.
Brent: "Breathe through the pain."
Josh: "I'm not pregnant. :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

Natalie & Nadiya see the Chips at the ferry station and they give each other hugs. The first boat is at 11:00 PM. :lol: Now they all see Trey & Lexi and they all give hugs and they do a final 3 hand... thing. They decide to hit the beach. They play in the water. They do another final 3 hand... thing. The three teams come back from the beach and they arrive at the ferry station to see... Josh & Brent! Chips are happy that they got rid of Abbie & Ryan. Josh & Brent are happy to finally see the other teams.

Offline WolfgalX

• RFF Jr. Member
I think I would have liked the scene of the other teams hugging the Beekman Boys if it didn't feel like they were only happy because they thought they could beat them...

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
They're on the island. They get taxis. Josh & Brent go to the wrong place...

The other three teams see the devils and demons. They don't know where their clue is. The devils and demons are swinging fire everywhere. This is kind of frightening. :stare They're all asking around for the clue.

Twins get the first clue. "NADIYA, COME HERE. NADIYA COME HERE." Drive yourselves to the Centro de Alto Rendimiento. Self driving! It's a stick too. :lol3: This might be fun. Trey & Lexi drive first. Chips follow them. Twins are going to follow too.

Josh & Brent get their clue from the devils and demons. Brent hugs one of the devils... or demons. The devils and demons sort of crawl towards their car. :lol:

Lexi and the Chips are wondering where the twins are. Nadiya doesn't know where they went... Nadiya took one class on driving stick shift and she thought it would be easy... but she's having trouble.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I think I would have liked the scene of the other teams hugging the Beekman Boys if it didn't feel like they were only happy because they thought they could beat them...

IKR! :res: :lol:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
I'm triyng to find D'Alt Murda, but the only close reference is Dalt Murada.  What is interesting about this, is that the place where the twins are in the caps is near Dalt Murada.

It was Dalt Murada, it was mispelled on the CBS description.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline WolfgalX

• RFF Jr. Member
I was not expecting the twins of all teams to have stick troubles... :duno:

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Natalie is trying to give Nadiya instructions on how to drive stick. And now they get going. Josh & Brent feel confident about the self-driving because they can read a map.

Chips arrive first at the tennis centre. Trey & Lexi are right behind.

Roadblock! "Who wants to get smashed?" Teams will have to choose a tennis pro and a basket of balls. They will have to return 20 tennis balls in bounds from the tennis ball launcher before their basket is empty. If they do this, the umpire will give them their next clue.

James and Trey are doing the roadblock. Lexi says Trey looks like a tennis player. Chips say he's like Andre Agassi. :lol: Trey is doing a good job, while James is truggling. Trey is done the roadblock! Drive to the Coves of Campanet and follow the music to their next clue.

James runs out of balls... He has to restart.

Offline BitchBitch

• RFF Not So Newbie
Josh sounds like he's having sex at the roadblock lol

Offline WolfgalX

• RFF Jr. Member
"Am I left-handed or right-handed?"  :lol3:
This is why I still love the twins.  :hrt:

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
And James finishes the roadblock. Chips see Josh & Brent arriving. James says he's not a well-rounded athlete.

Josh decides to do the roadblock. He said his ankle was feeling better on the ride to the tennis centre. Brent says that Josh hasn't learned to control his anxiety level on the race... and he hasn't in 42 years of his life. :lol3: Josh rolled his ankle and now he's having trouble.

Trey & Lexi stop for directions.

Josh fails. And he fails again. Brent says he doesn't ever think Josh will get this.

Twins arrive at the roadblock in last. Nadiya is doing the roadblock. Oh my gosh... Natalie starts with the twinnie again. "It's not a one spot game... It's not bloody badminton!" :res: Twins share a story about their tennis past. :lol:

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Josh is having trouble with his ankle... commercial.

Offline WolfgalX

• RFF Jr. Member
Why oh why wouldn't Brent do this Roadblock?  :gaah:

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
Hurts in my chest seeing their tennis skills. I'm crazy to do this roadblock  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I am very happy that they showed/mentioned Rafael Nadal! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

But really, this challenge should be taking place in Basel, Switzerland... ;)

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I am very happy that they showed/mentioned Rafael Nadal! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

ROGER FEDERER! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Offline WolfgalX

• RFF Jr. Member
Hurts in my chest seeing their tennis skills. I'm crazy to do this roadblock  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Meanwhile I'm sitting here so incredibly glad I don't have to do this Roadblock.  :)

Offline BitchBitch

• RFF Not So Newbie
"They're super-prepared. They're gay" :lol3:

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Josh tries to do the roadblock again. Josh is getting a lot of the balls back in. Nadiya isn't doing as well... Natalie says she's holding the racket like she's playing cricket?

Josh finishes the roadblock! :hearts: Before Nadiya! :lol: Beekmans encourage the Twins. Nadiya finishes as Josh & Brent leave. Twins are going to follow Josh & Brent... Twins ask if Josh & Brent know where they're going. Josh & Brent say they'll ask for directions later, but they have a map. :lol:

Chips arrive at the coves and they find Trey & Lexi. They decide to follow the music together. They're looking for a music box. :lol: Instead they find two men playing the guitar. Detour!

Detour: Spin it or bull it.

Spin It: Repair one 400 year old windmill. Attach two giant blades to the mill tower. When the repair man feels like it's good, they'll get their clue.
Bull It: They'll have to wear a bull outfit... They have 2 minutes to go around the matadors and then they'll have to hit this last target to release the matador.

Chips do windmill. Trexie do bulls.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster

This challenge should be taking place in Monaco , since all top14 tenists live there .

"They're super-prepared. They're gay" :lol3:

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

Offline Magnus

• RFF Full Member

I can't believe they have survived this long. They are pretty lucky but Abbie and Ryan could have survived if they hadn't waited around on them several times.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Jaymes used to take stuff apart and put them back together when they were kids. The blade isn't heavy. They start attaching their first blade.

Trey & Lexi have to choose a first bull. Lexi wants to go inside (the front of the bull). Trey is at the back. They do their first attempt. Trey can see but Lexi cannot. Trey leads Lexi by giving directions. Trey's directions are great. :lol: Trey & Lexi manage to go around all matadors but they hit the last target without releasing the matador... They've failed and now Lexi has hurt her finger.

Commercial.

Offline WolfgalX

• RFF Jr. Member

I can't believe they have survived this long. They are pretty lucky but Abbie and Ryan could have survived if they hadn't waited around on them several times.
Dumb decisions on Abbie and Ryan's part, definitely. I agree that they're the weakest team left...it just rubs me wrong when I see the other teams acknowledge it openly in front of them if you know what I mean.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Both Detours look entertaining/fun this week, and the Roadblock was great! This is one leg I wanna do! :hoot: :hoot:

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
21 seasons and these are the best tasks they could come up with. It's a little disappointing since Spain is what I've been wanting to see the most.

Offline WolfgalX

• RFF Jr. Member
I was gonna be a little  :duno: at Lexi freaking out over her finger, but it actually does look pretty bad...

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
And we're back. Lexi starts crying about her finger. Her finger is throbbing. Her nail is getting blue and it's bleeding.

Josh & Brent arrive at the coves. Josh stumbles because of his ankle. They find the clue. They're going to do Spin It.

Back at the Chips and they think they're done with the windmill. It's good! Pit stop: Castell de Bellver. which translates to the castle with the lovely view. It used to be used as a prison... uhhhhh... :stare

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
Ok. Here's a map with all the locations we have:

A.-  Mallorca Port.
B.-  Dalt Murada
C.-  Campanet Caves
D.-  Muro (Detour Bullfighting /Maybe Windmill?)
E.-  Sa Pobla (Detour Windmill?)
F.-  Manacor (RB)
G.-  Bellver Castell (Pit Stop).

It's a spec; but if the order of the tasks are the same in the map, we've got a triangle.

We've got all the right locations  :hoot:
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Twins are at the coves and they get their clue. "Now don't get bloody lost please." :lol: Lexi has bandaged up her finger and now Lexi is now at the back giving directions. They finish the course with 45 seconds to spare! They're off to the next pit stop.

Josh & Brent arrive at the windmills. Natalie & Nadiya are doing windmills. Josh thinks that they'll be better than the twins at the detour. And they're clearly having trouble (with driving). :lol:

Offline WolfgalX

• RFF Jr. Member
That pitstop greeter!  :o

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Josh: "This is like repairing a tractor basically." Josh & Brent can't see the twins doing the task because they're at a different windmill. The twins are having lots of trouble with this... They're doing a lot of bickering.

Trey & Lexi and Jaymes & James are racing to the pit stop... Trey & Lexi overshot road. They turn back. Jaymes thinks it's the castle they've been looking at all morning... Lexi wants first so bad...

omg what. how. how. how. how. how. Trey & Lexi are team #1. what the heck. how. :stare Uhh... the pit stop greeter... doesn't have a head? Huh. ???

Jaymes & James are team #2. "This guy ain't got no head."

Pit stop:
1st - Trey & Lexi
2nd - Jaymes & James

Offline BitchBitch

• RFF Not So Newbie
ughh im so sad that chips lost their 1st place again

Offline WolfgalX

• RFF Jr. Member
I...was kind of hoping the twins would go home. Oh well. :duno:

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Josh & Brent get their windmill blades approved. They're off to the pit stop! The twins see Josh & Brent's car leaving...

OMG YAY. JOSH & BRENT ARE TEAM #3! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: They think they can win the race.

Natalie/Nadiya: "I can't believe the gimpy guys did this." They can't believe that the Beekmans beat them because they hadn't even considered them as a threat... Natalie & Nadiya arrive at the pit stop... They're the last team to arrive... It's a non-elimination leg! They will face a speedbump the next leg.

Pit stop:
1st - Trey & Lexi
2nd - Jaymes & James
3rd - Josh & Brent
4th - Natalie & Nadiya (NEL)

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
Trey & Lexi are coming next door to home in Playa del Carmen, to El Dorado (10 min away) on their Travelocity vacation prize! I'll be watching... (or could they have already taken their trip???)

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
OMG, HEADLESS PIT STOP GREETER! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

And Don Quixote and Sancho Panza - TAR17 anyone? ;)

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
OMG, HEADLESS PIT STOP GREETER! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

oh that finale task... :groan:

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
Polaroid, superb as always! Thanks much.

Offline Magnus

• RFF Full Member
Trey & Lexi are coming next door to home in Playa del Carmen, to El Dorado (10 min away) on their Travelocity vacation prize! I'll be watching... (or could they have already taken their trip???)

I don't see any way they could have already taken that trip. WRP probably won't authorize it before the season has aired and I have heard of teams saving them up for a long time afterwards so there is a pretty lenient time limit.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City

No prizes till after the finale........
Matthew 7:15

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Next week on The Amazing Race... 2 hour finale.

It's the dream team alliance vs the ultimate underdogs... With a million dollars on the line, the gloves come off. There's tons of running with all the teams together. Who will cross the finish line first... and win... The Amazing Race?

A loaded preview...

Offline WolfgalX

• RFF Jr. Member
Lexi gets hit by a sign in the preview. She is not having a good couple of legs... :lol:

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
That very last clip in the finale preview looks like a memory challenge to me! ;) Although the shot was only brief. :duno:

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
Next week... 2 hour season finale..

3-team alliance vs. Underdogs

- Multiple clips of teams running -

More self-driving!

Bungee jumping...

Lexi gets hit by this pole thing, appears to be the language (hello/goodbye) memory task!

Side-note: lol poor lexi always getting hit by objects

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member

I don't see any way they could have already taken that trip. WRP probably won't authorize it before the season has aired and I have heard of teams saving them up for a long time afterwards so there is a pretty lenient time limit.

Great! Thanks!

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
Finale challenge : Lexi was pulling the HELLO and GOODBYE from Shanghai.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster

oh that finale task... :groan:

Yeah - Quixote Studios! :lol:

Polaroid, superb as always! Thanks much.

Yes, thanks Polaroid! :hoot: :hoot:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
It's OFFICIAL Trey & Lexi and the Chips are in the finale being showned in the preview with Trexi's greetings task and the bungee jump, but it's now proven correct.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
OH MY GOD! THAT GOODBYE TASK :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: What a good memory challenge!
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Hopefully the brief preview of the supposed memory task lives up to the hype... I've been waiting for a good memory challenge for a few seasons!

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
The greetings (farewell) memory task bit looks like it's taking place in Brooklyn...  :ascared
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
Come on guys. Don't talk about spoilers in this thread.

Online ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
Congradulations Josh and Brent, you have just broken Dandrew and Vanessa+Ralph's record of getting Second-to-last in a row!!! :hearts: :keeta:
The record was four legs in a row, they have now gotten second-to-last FIVE times in a row!!!

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
Well, was hoping for an elim of the twins but pretty much suspected it would be a NEL so..
Can't believe 3 out of the 4 couples didn't know about Mallorca or how to pronounce it..  :lol:

Enjoyed the leg. Not quite understanding the Beekman's choice though wrt the tennis roadblock.
I mean sure, your ankle can feel better after a resting period/keeping the leg elevated for some time.
But anyone can understand that putting new physical strain on it will make the injury come up again..??  :duno:
Surely a x-hour resting period at night on the boat won't remedy it so much that you can strain it again.  :duno:

They seem like intelligent people, so I don't quite understand why they let themselves believe that would not be a factor now, somehow - even if they did finish before the twins they took unnecessary risks imho.

ETA: I guess Josh wanted to prove himself more after Brent asking him about his intentions to be on the race and his commitment to being in it 100%. Maybe also trying to prove to himself he was a 100% partner..? Also, in retrospect, he might have underestimated how hard gravel is in terms of standing ground and impact on the ankle/body on the whole.
Either way this might have cost them dearly if the twins didn't screw up so much and if it had been an elimination round. Also it may still hurt them in the next leg. Not wise, imho. 

Also I don't understand why the Chippies wanted to go for the bull too, unless it's just 'group mentality'?
Seems like the other task was way more fitting for their abilities.. Really hope they'll all start realizing this is a RACE and others are actual competitors.. this whole 'We'll follow you' thing.. well at this stage it seems just kind of silly to me, and unwise. Maybe all of them are too afraid to break away from the 'final 3-pack' to do something too much to upset others which might bite them in the ass...
I'm not a fan of bickering or teams proclaiming they are enemies etc but well, this is a race and they are competitors.. I'd have liked to have seen a bit more of that instead of them all clicking together it seems..

Anyway I didn't get to see the footage for next week yet? So is the memory task one where they just have to recognize the phrase?? If so it should be quite doable I think with some logical deduction?? Kudo's by the way for whoever picked up on that first and suggested it might be in the finale as a memory task!  :hearts:

ETA: Oh and they are very definitely milking the 'more motivated than anyone'- cow wrt the Chippies i.t.o. the Cancer story.
The only reason I can think they will do this is that either the Chippies win (as mentioned by others here before) or somehow get some kind of compensation - I've read stories about people getting in second also getting some money, is that true?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 12:42:00 AM by Topita »
Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. :)

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
Come on guys. Don't talk about spoilers in this thread.

The spoiler culture is horrible with American shows, even this highlights discussion thread is put in the spoilers section.  And I hate the previews I always avoid them as I don't want to be spoiled on the next episode and yet it's really hard to avoid people talking about the preview on forums.

Anyway talking about this episode.  The bull task looked too easy I thought, but at least it had a little entertainment value.  The windmill task looked harder but was a bit boring.  The tennis task was perhaps a bit too easy but was ok to watch.  Wish they made things harder though.  At least a bit of self-driving finally and the twins were shown up as not being great racers.  In a decent season there would be much more self-driving and the better racers would last longer and there would be less luck.

The other teams celebrating the farmers survival was annoying.  It would be funny if they ended up winning, highly unlikely I suppose but they have had a lot of luck, and the other teams apparently want to keep a lucky team in.

I was actually hoping the Chippendales might go out this episode as I do find them rather characterless.  But they got lucky when they were lost as it looks like the two detours were put too close together and they were able to luck their way into finding the windmills.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
I knew that the finale task will have something to do with the Hellos and Goodbyes we see this season. :lol: (Anyone else did?) :)

I hope the racers figured this out. It was more obvious to us TAR viewers cause we don't see it in previous seasons but this season it was purposely shown to us.

I don't know, if that's the final task meaning that Trey and Lexi are in the F3. (and we know)

And the Beekman... I think they have the highest shot at winning this. They actually do know various languages and are really observant I think.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Lexi was pulling a sign with Tot Ziens (Dutch for BYE) and Zai Jian (Chinese for BYE). So I think they have to arrange the "flags" in the order they bade goodbye to the country while racing to the next place because they survived each leg until the final leg.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
Lexi gets hit by a sign in the preview. She is not having a good couple of legs... :lol:

Are you sure that the sign hit Lexi? I thought it was that Lexi hit the sign...  :lol:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
+ this leg made me realized how much I miss self-driving legs. We haven't had a self-driving leg until NOW and that was probably the reason why Nadiya and Natalie survived until now. It seems that they are just like any other average all-female teams.

But I hate to say this, if without self-driving and an all-female team cannot survive until this point of the game, it means... the team must really suck. :lol:

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
I knew that the finale task will have something to do with the Hellos and Goodbyes we see this season. :lol: (Anyone else did?) :)

we sure did. a LONG time ago  :lol:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Yea, about Leg 2/3 it became blatantly obvious. But I just didn't want to get too excited over it just in case it became like the TAR 19 random new clueboxes conspiracy and ended up it wasn't even a task but because TAR wanted to be creative. :lol:

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
+ this leg made me realized how much I miss self-driving legs. We haven't had a self-driving leg until NOW and that was probably the reason why Nadiya and Natalie survived until now. It seems that they are just like any other average all-female teams.

But I hate to say this, if without self-driving and an all-female team cannot survive until this point of the game, it means... the team must really suck. :lol:
Yeah, how many teams have gotten eliminated because they couldn't drive stick? And how many this season were eliminated due to taxis?

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member

Jaymes & James depart at 5:57 AM. :o They U-Turned their friends Abbie & Ryan last leg. They say it would be awkward if Abbie & Ryan were still in the race...

On the last episode, we saw the Chips talking to Phil when they checked in and I think the clock showed 6pm. So I think they had the "usual" 12 hour pit-stop?

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Well, was hoping for an elim of the twins but pretty much suspected it would be a NEL so..
Can't believe 3 out of the 4 couples didn't know about Mallorca or how to pronounce it..  :lol:

Enjoyed the leg. Not quite understanding the Beekman's choice though wrt the tennis roadblock.

Also I don't understand why the Chippies wanted to go for the bull too, unless it's just 'group mentality'?

I've read stories about people getting in second also getting some money, is that true?

I have some things to say about each one of the above items:
1. Geography education is practically non-existent in U.S. high schools these days. Inability to know how to pronounce an island name is one by-product of that.

2. The ROADBLOCK count was Josh 5, Brent 5 going into this leg. For Brent to not be chosen was a poor choice.

3. The Chippendales stated up front in this race that they wanted to do the "manly" tasks when there was a choice. Spin-It was totally manly compared to Bull-It, so they did what they promised.

4. A 2nd place finish has historically been worth $100,000 or less, although how much it is in AR21 is not known at this time.

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
Yeh Bull-It was disappointing, childishly easy.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster

I've read stories about people getting in second also getting some money, is that true?

I have some things to say about each one of the above items:
1. Geography education is practically non-existent in U.S. high schools these days. Inability to know how to pronounce an island name is one by-product of that.

2. The ROADBLOCK count was Josh 5, Brent 5 going into this leg. For Brent to not be chosen was a poor choice.

3. The Chippendales stated up front in this race that they wanted to do the "manly" tasks when there was a choice. Spin-It was totally manly compared to Bull-It, so they did what they promised.

4. A 2nd place finish has historically been worth $100,000 or less, although how much it is in AR21 is not known at this time.
I thought second only got $25,000 in TAR.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Am I the only one who thought that the Pit Stop greeter was...odd? :lol:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
He looked a little short to me.  :cmaslol
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Am I the only one who thought that the Pit Stop greeter was...odd? :lol:

:cmaslol  yeah, not sure, but they might have used a "headless" street performer in Palma as the greeter.

Looks like "headless" street performers are very common in Spain (and Europe as well).

Link 1  Link 2  Link 3  Link 4

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
Thanx for answering Apskip :)

I hadn't kept count but their choice makes even less sense to me knowing they both had an equal amount of roadblocks done.  :cmas5
Uhm I think they were going for Bull-it but ended up at Spin-it by accident so they decided to do that instead?  :cmas5
So still a nice sum, even if not the jackpot.  :cmaslol
Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. :)

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
They are so full of money on American shows even those teams that are runners up get what could be a winners prize in another country.  But the focus can sometimes be too much on the prize money and not on making the production great (as in this season, or the American version of The Mole for instance).