Author Topic: TAR 21 Ep 11 (France) "Take Down That Million" part 1  (Read 46769 times)

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
Re: TAR 21 Ep 11 (France) "Take Down That Million" part 1
« Reply #75 on: December 06, 2012, 08:52:41 AM »
Chateau.....

Seems it is:
1) Chateau Villandry- Route Info/Speedbump
2) Chateau d' Amboise- Route Info, RB or Detour
3) Chateau Cheverny- Route Info, RB or Detour
4) Chateau Chenohceau- Pit Stop
Matthew 7:15

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #76 on: December 06, 2012, 09:50:14 AM »
1) Chateau Villandry- Route Info/Speedbump
2) Chateau d' Amboise- Route Info, RB or Detour
3) Chateau Cheverny- Route Info, RB or Detour
4) Chateau Chenohceau- Pit Stop
That looks right (with the cave/wine cellar thrown in the middle somewhere and the plowfield either in the middle or starting the next leg). It would be nice to get more details from the lady blogger, but you take what you get.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #77 on: December 06, 2012, 01:47:12 PM »
Press photos from CBS!

Completing a Speed Bump
In this Speed Bump, Twins Natalie (center) and Nadiya (right) must make their way to the Chambre du Prince and assist the lady of the house by lacing up her corset in order to continue with the race, during the two-hour season finale of THE AMAZING RACE.

"Take Down that Million"
In Detour B, Goat Farmers/Life Partners Josh (left) and Brent (right) must prepare the daily meal for the hunting dogs of Chateau de Cheverny in order to receive the next clue, during the two-hour season finale of THE AMAZING RACE.

Josh and Brent
Goat Farmers/Life Partners Brent (left) and Josh (right) must make their way to Leonardo da Vinci's Tomb in order to receive the next clue, during the two-hour season finale of THE AMAZING RACE.

Speed Bump
In this Speed Bump, Twins Nadiya (left) and Natalie (right) must make their way to the Chambre du Prince and assist the lady of the house by lacing up her corset in order to continue with the race, during the two-hour season finale of THE AMAZING RACE.

Reading the next clue
In Detour A, Dating Couple Trey (left) and Lexi (right) must use the traditional method of horse and plow to till the soil of a French farm in order to receive the next clue, during the two-hour season finale of THE AMAZING RACE.

Jaymes and James
Chippendale Friends Jaymes (left) and James (right) must make their way to Leonardo da Vinci's Tomb in order to receive the next clue, during the two-hour season finale of THE AMAZING RACE.

Working on a Detour
In Detour A, Dating Couple Lexi (left) and Trey (center) must use the traditional method of horse and plow to till the soil of a French farm in order to receive the next clue, during the two-hour season finale of THE AMAZING RACE.

Working hard
In Detour A, Chippendale Friends Jaymes (center) and James (right) must use the traditional method of horse and plow to till the soil of a French farm in order to receive the next clue, during the two-hour season finale of THE AMAZING RACE.

Working on a Detour
In Detour B, Twins Natalie (left) and Nadiya (right) must prepare the daily meal for the hunting dogs of Chateau de Cheverny in order to receive the next clue, during the two-hour season finale of THE AMAZING RACE.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 02:02:41 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #78 on: December 06, 2012, 02:10:24 PM »

Completing a Speed Bump
In this Speed Bump, Twins Natalie (center) and Nadiya (right) must make their way to the Chambre du Prince and assist the lady of the house by lacing up her corset in order to continue with the race, during the two-hour season finale of THE AMAZING RACE.

Just another confirmation of Villandry:

Chambre du Prince, Château de Villandry

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #79 on: December 06, 2012, 02:10:46 PM »
The Amazing Race - Take Down that Million (Sneak Peek)

With the $1 million dollar prize on the line, the final four teams race through France en route to the finish line in New York City, where they'll encounter a terrifying Houdini-inspired Roadblock, during the two-hour season finale of The Amazing Race airing Sunday at 8/7c.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/lZbOEQWylOQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/lZbOEQWylOQ</a>
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 10:08:36 AM by RealityFreakWill »

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #80 on: December 06, 2012, 02:26:28 PM »
So, from the pictures, it seems like Palma -> Route Info: Chapelle Saint-Hubert, Château d'Amboise -> Detour: Château de Cheverny (and around)
with Château de Villandry (with Speed Bump and possibly the Roadblock) coming after the Detour

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #81 on: December 06, 2012, 11:06:54 PM »
That's quite a distance from the Detour card to the task--a record, maybe? If the plowfield isn't just as far away (or the plowing a lot harder than dog food), it may turn out to be a lopsided choice.
It looks like they're having trouble finding the Fords at Tours: running one way, then the other.   :cmaslol

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #82 on: December 06, 2012, 11:51:05 PM »
They seem to be running towards the Avis office. But Avis France does not list any Fords on options. I guess Production could have used the Avis car park to park the free Fords.
Matthew 7:15

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #83 on: December 07, 2012, 06:05:37 AM »
That's quite a distance from the Detour card to the task--a record, maybe? If the plowfield isn't just as far away (or the plowing a lot harder than dog food), it may turn out to be a lopsided choice.
It looks like they're having trouble finding the Fords at Tours: running one way, then the other.   :cmaslol

32 Rue Fabienne Landy, also in Tours.  (Next to Place de la Gere)

Anybody noticed the different positions of the street tables between both pics?  Maybe on purpose to make a little more difficult finding the Avis?

Yeap, the corner in your pic is in the other side of the block; so they're running torwards the one with the tables.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 06:09:19 AM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #84 on: December 07, 2012, 06:15:44 AM »
The Elipsos train that Boingo identified is on time...no surprises there.

Nice one on the bistro!

Slowhatch gets the Train Station.  :xmas49

That was easy, if you see the left side of the cap in the background, the bistro is there.

Seems like we do not see the Beekmans running out of the station with these 3 teams, is it possible that they took another train?

No.  They're all  toghether.

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #85 on: December 07, 2012, 10:03:12 AM »
Would anybody say "my horse is broken"?  :cmaslol

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #86 on: December 08, 2012, 07:13:35 PM »
Throwing this out there... we've had no indication of a Roadblock for this leg.. is it possible we might not have one since we got an extra Roadblock in leg 1? or maybe we just arent getting anything in the previews  :cmas5

Offline freds

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #87 on: December 09, 2012, 06:12:22 PM »
If you need translation with the french language in this episode, i am here.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #88 on: December 09, 2012, 09:38:15 PM »
I think Twinnies screw their own chance by going to the wrong Detour. They were second but chose the harder, more complexing one. Too bad....

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #89 on: December 09, 2012, 09:44:10 PM »
Yeah, I was shocked to see their comeback at the Detour.. sucks they chose the Chow task.

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #90 on: December 14, 2012, 10:44:32 AM »
I do not know if this fits in this thread, but I just noted an interesting detail when re-watching the final.

When Josh & Brent leave the road block in France we see that the car parked next to theirs has a big sign on the windshield:
WRP #4
 ANDY
:cmas12

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #91 on: December 16, 2012, 11:27:38 AM »
Yeah, I was shocked to see their comeback at the Detour.. sucks they chose the Chow task.

Twinnies completed the Speedbump and reached the Detour location before two other teams... I give them full credit for it but I just don't get why they decided not to join Trey and Lexi and do the same Detour...