Author Topic: Amazing Race - Cheating caught on tape! (Spoilers)  (Read 17192 times)

Offline Hoya Guru

• RFF Newbie
Amazing Race - Cheating caught on tape! (Spoilers)
« on: November 25, 2012, 10:57:57 PM »
If you have the 11/25 show recorded, feel free to check this out if you don't believe it. During the show, the Twins chose to use the Fast Forward. Their task involved both of them eating 5 pickled herring. At the moment both twins were taking their first bite, the twin on the right's hair was in a bun on top of her head, and the twin on the left had her hair in some weird unkempt hairdo that was DEFINITELY not a bun. Keep in mind, this can be seen as they are both taking their first bite of fish. About 2 or 3 minutes later, they are shown eating their last bites of fish, and the twin with the unkempt hair suddenly has a nice neat bun on the top of her head, exactly like her sisters.

Now, I really doubt that she stopped eating long enough to fix her hair that way, especially since she had fish oil all over her hands. That leaves two explanations: One, the makeup artist from The Amazing Race came over and did her hair for her, WHILE she was eating her fish (very doubtful), or two, there was some serious shenanigans going on. Like, the show stopped the contest for some reason, long enough for the twin to either fix her own hair or have someone fix it for her. And don't forget, this contest was TIMED, and the twins barely finished eating the fish in time, the show's creators or someone in charge would have had to stop the timer for some reason, and while they were taking this break the girl had her hair fixed.

I can't think of any other explanation, other than there was something seriously fishy going on here (pun intended). If you have it recorded, check it out, I backed it up and watched it several times. If the twins win the million dollars, I think the other people in the race have the right to call the show's producers out on this one. Hoya Guru out!

Offline GMR 602

• RFF Full Member
Re: Amazing Race - Cheating caught on tape! (Spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 11:02:20 PM »
Pretty sure that this could be from two different attempts, and the editors just edited it to look like they got it in the first go....

They had an one hour lead on the chips and ran into them as they got off the bus...

Offline Hoya Guru

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 11:07:59 PM »
That's possible, but wouldn't they want to show how it was their second try, to make it more exciting for the viewer? And don't you think the girls would have had a lot more trouble eating it all the second time, and wouldn't they be complaining about that? Also, check the passengers on the bus, and the guy serving fish, wouldn't they be different if it were a second bus?

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 11:10:51 PM »
 :welcome2: to RFF Hoya Guru

They had to eat the earrings in seven minutes, before the bus returned to solid ground.  If they couldn't do it, the bus took them back to the Van Gogh Caffe for a ten minutes period, and then try again to complete the FF. 
So GMR 602 is correct in the presumption that the task was edited.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 11:12:33 PM »
That's possible, but wouldn't they want to show how it was their second try, to make it more exciting for the viewer? And don't you think the girls would have had a lot more trouble eating it all the second time, and wouldn't they be complaining about that? Also, check the passengers on the bus, and the guy serving fish, wouldn't they be different if it were a second bus?

For the same reason they didn't show the whole 12 attemps of Mark doing the Bollywood RB last season:  time.  It's a one hour show.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 11:16:46 PM »

For the same reason they didn't show the whole 12 attemps of Mark doing the Bollywood RB last season:  time.  It's a one hour show.
Plus, it would have served no purpose since they were too far. It would have made sense to show them if James & Jaymes had gotten there in time to compete against them.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Hoya Guru

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2012, 11:29:40 PM »
Yes, I see. They had the same passengers get back on the bus, and the same driver, and the same fish server. Of course, how silly of me! And then they edited out every time the twins mentioned it. Yup, that's it. Jeez. I got more proof, but I won't bother posting it here, you guys are WAY too smart!  :groan:

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2012, 11:32:38 PM »
Yes, I see. They had the same passengers get back on the bus, and the same driver, and the same fish server. Of course, how silly of me! And then they edited out every time the twins mentioned it. Yup, that's it. Jeez. I got more proof, but I won't bother posting it here, you guys are WAY too smart!  :groan:
Well yeah, why bother hiring more than one crew/extras?
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2012, 12:14:36 AM »
Nobody said it was their first try, did they?

Offline zelda

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2012, 08:06:16 PM »
Actually Natalie said on twitter that it took multiple attempts for them to complete the fast forward so your observation that things changed is in keeping with what they reported; nothing nefarious happened.

From Twitter (https://twitter.com/NatalieeAnd):

Natalie Anderson ‏@NatalieeAnd

@dantran88 did it twice before we got it. CBS likes to make it seem easier than it was. Ugh! But thanks! ^_^
If you think you're too small to have an impact, try going to bed with a mosquito in the room.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2012, 09:56:00 PM »
If you have the 11/25 show recorded, feel free to check this out if you don't believe it. During the show, the Twins chose to use the Fast Forward. Their task involved both of them eating 5 pickled herring. At the moment both twins were taking their first bite, the twin on the right's hair was in a bun on top of her head, and the twin on the left had her hair in some weird unkempt hairdo that was DEFINITELY not a bun. Keep in mind, this can be seen as they are both taking their first bite of fish. About 2 or 3 minutes later, they are shown eating their last bites of fish, and the twin with the unkempt hair suddenly has a nice neat bun on the top of her head, exactly like her sisters.

I went back today and looked at that scene, you are right, the hair changed. You have excellent powers of observation. Their hair was down and loose when they arrived at the mat.

Welcome to RFF Hoya Guru!

:bigwelcome
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2012, 09:58:02 PM »
Actually Natalie said on twitter that it took multiple attempts for them to complete the fast forward so your observation that things changed is in keeping with what they reported; nothing nefarious happened.

From Twitter (https://twitter.com/NatalieeAnd):

Natalie Anderson ‏@NatalieeAnd

@dantran88 did it twice before we got it. CBS likes to make it seem easier than it was. Ugh! But thanks! ^_^

Thanks for the information zelda.  I did go back and look and the hair did change. I'd hate to eat herring twice. Once would be bad enough.  :flipper

Welcome to RFF!

:wel2
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline zelda

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2012, 11:12:06 PM »
Thank you Texas Lady!  :hello2:
If you think you're too small to have an impact, try going to bed with a mosquito in the room.

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2012, 01:36:14 AM »
:welcome2: to RFF Hoya Guru

They had to eat the earrings in seven minutes, before the bus returned to solid ground.  If they couldn't do it, the bus took them back to the Van Gogh Caffe for a ten minutes period, and then try again to complete the FF. 
So GMR 602 is correct in the presumption that the task was edited.

Well I sure hope they took the pointy part off first before eating! That's a stomach destroyer! :oh

Offline zythr

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2012, 08:42:06 AM »
Show was fixed, to get rid of Abby and Ryan so they would not have a chance to win and claim 2 million dollars. Since the season is ending Dec 9, next week will probably be non-elimination, and the 2 hour finale will probably be like last season 1 team eliminated the first hour, the final 3 racing to the finish.

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2012, 08:44:23 AM »
Show was fixed, to get rid of Abby and Ryan so they would not have a chance to win and claim 2 million dollars.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2012, 09:20:00 AM »
Show was fixed, to get rid of Abby and Ryan so they would not have a chance to win and claim 2 million dollars.

Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2012, 12:50:53 PM »
Yea it was all fixed. That's why Chippendales are suddenly doing well now. To give them the story of underdogs and eventually winning. Such a conspiracy!!! :res:

NOT.

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2012, 03:02:49 PM »
Show was fixed, to get rid of Abby and Ryan so they would not have a chance to win and claim 2 million dollars. Since the season is ending Dec 9, next week will probably be non-elimination, and the 2 hour finale will probably be like last season 1 team eliminated the first hour, the final 3 racing to the finish.

Just so you know, production would have paid out exactly the same amount of money whether Abbie & Ryan had won or not. They will have paid an underwriters a premium who themselves would have paid up the extra million if A+R won.

I reckon the premium was about $300-400k, so production only really upped their outlay to $1.3-1.4m, whatever the outcome.