Author Topic: The Amazing Race Canada 1--Pre-Race Speculation  (Read 69285 times)

Offline Chameleon777

• RFF Not So Newbie
The Amazing Race Canada 1--Pre-Race Speculation
« on: November 21, 2012, 11:57:59 PM »
How could that become a reality and how could  Phil Keoghan, who is THE BEST host for The Amazing Race of ALL TIME, get to host it?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 02:36:16 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Amazing Race Canada
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 02:25:32 AM »
I would love to see you in Canada get your own version. If you don't then I would love to see a trans comemwealth version with you in Canada, the poms in UK and us in Australia (we do have our own version but it might not be renewed )

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 06:08:27 PM »
Sometimes dreams do come true - be sure to watch CTV's special announcement on Sunday at 8pm!
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 06:46:52 PM »
Sometimes dreams do come true - be sure to watch CTV's special announcement on Sunday at 8pm!

OMG. If. This. Is. True. :o  :hyper:

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 07:54:40 PM »
A Decade in the Making: CTV to Deliver Special On-Air Message to Canadians this Sunday, Dec. 2

CTV will deliver a special on-air message directed exclusively to Canadians this Sunday, Dec. 2 in a commercial break sometime between 8-9 p.m. ET. The message was taped in secret earlier this month at CTV headquarters by one of the most recognizable people on television, a multiple Emmy® Award-winning personality.

Leading up to the big reveal, viewers can share their guesses on Twitter about what this special message could be for a chance to win a special CTV prize package with the hash tag #CTVSpecialMessage.

http://www.bellmediapr.ca/ctv/releases/release.asp?id=15879&yyyy=2012

paldog123456

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2012, 09:54:29 PM »
Yay! Hopefully another English version to watch! :hearts: :yess:

(I understand the Spanish ones from Latin America to a point, but high school Spanish will only take you so far... :lol: )

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2012, 09:59:18 PM »
If the host is Ben Mulroney... :groan: But so happy about this! Hopefully it won't turn out like all the other failed attempts of Canadian versions of shows... :res: If it's successful enough to last a few years, I might try applying for it. :lol:

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2012, 10:06:07 PM »
So it's confirmed, there's a TAR Canada now?

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2012, 10:11:55 PM »
Woah!! It's real?!?! Cool!!! It's really confirmation right now? Ohh, It's very more interesting!! It's time coming soon verison to the world!!!!!!!!!
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2012, 10:20:44 PM »
Nothing is official until the CTV "announcement" Sunday PM.  :luvya:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2012, 01:10:02 AM »
If this turns out to be the real deal, I propose to abbreviate it as "TAR, EH?"
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2012, 02:35:42 AM »
Well it's about time!  Especially since TAR is regularly one of the most watched shows, right? If not most watched some weeks.

Cool! The more TAR the merrier! There won't be a single week without a TAR airing somewhere in the world pretty soon hehe.

I'm assuming it'll run in the Summer so as not to clash with TARUS.  That's perfect since TARAu is taking a break apparently?

Offline AR FAN

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2012, 08:25:58 AM »
Wait!  :hhello:  Nothing has been confirmed. For all we know they might be announcing Survivor Canada!

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2012, 08:45:44 AM »
OMG OMG OMG IF THIS IS HAPPENING  :conf: :keeta:

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2012, 09:06:32 AM »
This Facebook message from November 4th looks more important now than it did at the time.

November 4th 2012 via BlackBerry Smartphones App
Just landed in Toronto with Phil from the amazing race!!! We are like best friends now....and by best friends, I mean I creepily took a blurry picture of him as I went down the escalator! Oh he's my favorite!!!

Back then I was thinking Phil was just pursuing some personal business or supporting one of his causes before TAR 22 started, but now it looks like he was possibly filming the announcement. However, this is just circumstantial evidence and doesn't prove anything. Maybe CTV is going to do a National Bingo Hour or Bowling For Dollars seven days a week or something like that. Or even Survivor Nunavik.

Offline AR FAN

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2012, 10:49:38 AM »
IFFF! there is a Canandian Version, who will host?  Wayne Gretzky, William Shatner?

Offline AR FAN

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2012, 10:51:14 AM »
If this turns out to be the real deal, I propose to abbreviate it as "TAR, EH?"
:lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

Offline AR FAN

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2012, 12:25:39 PM »
IFFF! there is a Canandian Version, who will host?  Wayne Gretzky, William Shatner?

You're not funny.

What, you don't like William Shatner?  On a serious note who is a serious candidate to host?

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2012, 12:33:50 PM »
OMG, just checkin' out hashtag #CTVSpecialMessage and turns out everybody guessing TAR Canada in order to win a prize...  :lol:  so much to expect (including oprah winfrey show)
But I'm happy if they do franchise one  :hoot:

TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline AR FAN

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2012, 12:42:39 PM »
OMG, just checkin' out hashtag #CTVSpecialMessage and turns out everybody guessing TAR Canada in order to win a prize...  :lol:  so much to expect (including oprah winfrey show)
But I'm happy if they do franchise one  :hoot:

Oprah Winfrey show?

Offline bc922

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2012, 01:43:47 PM »
Hopefully the announcement is for The Amazing Race Canada!  Even though I am excited at the thought of having a Canadian version, I am a bit worried.  Canadian reality tv competition shows do not tend to last very long and I fear that if TAR: Canada is given the green light, it could only last a few seasons at most before being cancelled (see Canadian Idol, SYTYCD: Canada, Canada's Got Talent).

paldog123456

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2012, 02:35:40 PM »
Please have Pamela Anderson host. :lol:

We need a female host (who also happens to be eye candy...)!

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2012, 03:55:12 PM »
Yay! :hearts: :yess: :hoot: :hrt: :conf:

http://popgoesthenews.blogspot.ca/2012/11/the-amazing-race-canada-to-debut-next.html?spref=tw

'The Amazing Race Canada' to debut next year
Phil Keoghan CBS

PopGoesTheNews.com CTV is set to announce it is producing a Canadian edition of popular reality series The Amazing Race.

Phil Keoghan, host of the CBS series (which airs on CTV), taped an announcement that will air during the Dec. 2 episode.

The Amazing Race, in which teams travel to countries around the world and compete in various challenges, debuted on CBS in 2001. Now in its 21st season, the show has consistently been a ratings winner for CTV, with about 2 million viewers. South of the border, the series draws about 10 million viewers.

The Amazing Race has franchised internationally, with versions airing in Australia, China, France, Israel, Latin America, Norway, Philippines and Ukraine.

“There are bigger fans of The Amazing Race in Canada than any other country,” Keoghan said in a 2008 interview. “They love the show with a passion that is truly extraordinary.”

Canadians have not been allowed to audition for the U.S. version of the show because, in part, producers worried Canadian passport holders would be able to clear customs quicker than Americans – giving them an unfair advantage.

Canada was showcased in two seasons of The Amazing Race as teams visited Calgary and Banff in Season 5 and then Montreal, Toronto and Niagara Falls in Season 8.

Casting information for The Amazing Race Canada has not been announced, and it is not known who will host the show. It will likely debut next summer.

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2012, 04:45:39 PM »
The Amazing Race Canada to debut in 2013, reports claim

Get training, Canada: According to a report on Popgoesthenews.com, CTV is set to announce that The Amazing Race is headed north of the border.

The website reports that the series will be announced after a Dec. 2 airing of the U.S. show, via a taped message from show host Phil Keoghan. Canadians have been thusfar ineligible to compete on the series because, among other things, show producers were concerned that Canadian passport holders would be able to clear customs checks faster than their U.S. counterparts.

It’s not the first foray into Canada for Keoghan and the show: segments for the series fifth and eighth season were filmed in Canadian locations, and in 2007, Keoghan brought No Opportunity Wasted, based on his book of the same name, to the CBC.

An air date for The Amazing Race Canada has not been announced, nor has a host. The CBS series, now in its 21st season, currently airs on CTV in Canada

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2012, 11:57:21 PM »
Hopefully the announcement is for The Amazing Race Canada!  Even though I am excited at the thought of having a Canadian version, I am a bit worried.  Canadian reality tv competition shows do not tend to last very long and I fear that if TAR: Canada is given the green light, it could only last a few seasons at most before being cancelled (see Canadian Idol, SYTYCD: Canada, Canada's Got Talent).

The American version is consistently rated in the top 10 every week in Canada. Considering viewership was higher for the Australian version compared to the American version on Australia, a similar bump might make the series last longer.

Many of international franchises have adopted locally include Canada's Next Top Model and it does count? It could be considerate on gave viewers?