Author Topic: Ep 8 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary *start: 830PM or later* note rules  (Read 26444 times)

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
:lol: at the Russian professor. He is the savior of this leg :hearts: :hearts:
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
No more rockers. :'( I will miss them so much. Does anyone think they have a slight hint of what the Speed Bump might have been with the limousine and holy priest?
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline BitchBitch

• RFF Not So Newbie
Next week, Abbie & Ryan experience deja vu.

The Chippendales face the U-Turn and the loss of friends.
oh i missed the preview. So they got U-turned or they are trying to U-turn somebody else?

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood

oh i missed the preview. So they got U-turned or they are trying to U-turn somebody else?

U-Turn somebody else I assume

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
Just out of curiosity, who said the episode title? I didn't hear it today. :duno:

James

Thanks! :hearts:

From James & Abba, I assume.
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster

They're using it
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
No more rockers. :'( I will miss them so much. Does anyone think they have a slight hint of what the Speed Bump might have been with the limousine and holy priest?
I wonder the same thing :duno:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
:hearts: This is definitely one of the most hilarious TAR episodes with many team efforts, humiliation, distinction, and excitement. :hearts:

The Chippendales: Dancing with hurting knee for James, finally a m/m team winning 1st :lol:
Team Texas: Working along with the Chips
Twinnies :hearts:: "I taxi / McDonalds" taxi driver, Detour costume pants malfunction :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:, Nadi falling down going to Pit Stop
Team Choreos: Ryan's realization after 1st attempt cockiness at the RB :happy: PRICELESS
The Goat Farmers: :geekon: at RB, making the lame historical Russian figures Detour actually fun :hearts:
The Rockers: Sweet Speed Bump previewing (limo and priest; directing to a church similar to wedding task in s14?) :duno:, searching for passport. I hope they have a Zev & Justin moment when they get their passport back.
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
:hearts: This is definitely one of the most hilarious TAR episodes with many team efforts, humiliation, distinction, and excitement. :hearts:

The Chippendales: Dancing with hurting knee for James, finally a m/m team winning 1st :lol:
Twinnies :hearts:: "I taxi / McDonalds" taxi driver, Detour costume pants malfunction :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:, Nadi falling down going to Pit Stop
Team Choreos: Ryan's realization after 1st attempt cockiness at the RB :happy: PRICELESS
The Goat Farmers: :geekon: at RB, making the lame historical Russian figures Detour actually fun :hearts:
The Rockers: Sweet Speed Bump previewing (limo and priest; directing to a church similar to wedding task in s14?) :duno:, searching for passport. I hope they have a Zev & Justin moment when they get their passport back.

You forgot about James & Abba as M/M team :lol:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Both of these legs in Moscow were the best of all of the Moscow legs over the years, and the leg tonight was made up of win all over.

The brain teaser of the roadblock would have stumped most people (I'm a time zone nerd, so I would have had no problems with it.) But at least Jamyes, Lexi and Ryan caught on and got it done. It's been a while since they've had a real brain teaser of a mental task like this, and it's good to see it appear.
-- theschnauzers

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster

You forgot about James & Abba as M/M team :lol:

Ahhhh. I'm so sad they got eliminated, that I forgot about their Bangladesh wins.  :'( I wish the sewer injury in Dhaka and Abba's father the best of luck recuperating.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
It's sad when the judges of tasks are more entertaining than the entire cast.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
It's sad when the judges of tasks are more entertaining than the entire cast.

Don't forget about Trey & Lexi's suspicious looking and Natalie & Nadiya's cool taxi drivers.

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
I would love gif for Russian Instruction "Pencil Down"!!!
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
and the leg tonight was made up of win all over.
The tasks weren't bad and there were some funny moments, however the placings hardly altered and there was no suspense as to who would finish last and be eliminated.

Not sure why the rockers got a speedbump as they did complete the tasks in the previous leg, not that it mattered anyway in the end.  And I expected the penalty for the farmers to be added at the end of the previous leg like I think it has been done in the past.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
Give another  :hoot: to Chateau!

Can anyone place this Disko? Coney Island, perhaps?

It's in Moscow:   :tup:

A fairly small selection of rides but indicative of the way Russian parks are. A small area within the much larger parks, no entrance fee, you just buy tickets for the rides you want to do.

It's located just west of Sokolniki Park in Moscow.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Online redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
and the leg tonight was made up of win all over.
The tasks weren't bad and there were some funny moments, however the placings hardly altered and there was no suspense as to who would finish last and be eliminated.

Not sure why the rockers got a speedbump as they did complete the tasks in the previous leg, not that it mattered anyway in the end.  And I expected the penalty for the farmers to be added at the end of the previous leg like I think it has been done in the past.

Can you stop being such a cynical. By the way, a speed bump is the penalty they got for finishing last on the previously leg, this is not a KRL or double leg.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 05:26:43 AM by redskevin88 »

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
Oh yeh I forgot about the NEL, the way it was spread beyond one leg made me forget I suppose.  No need to call me names either. 

This leg didn't have that much suspense beyond whether they got their passport.  And going out losing a passport isn't the best type of elimination.  In some ways I like it when teams are spread out without artificial bunching but the whole passport thing meant there was no competition and the farmers knew it only too well saying they would just have fun.

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
Also didn't Phil ensure they finished last in the first of the two legs by not telling them it was a non-elimination when they were first at the mat and forcing them to go back to look for the passport?  This meant they had to look for it 2 legs in a row and gave them even less chance of surviving even if they had found it, and gave them a speed bump as well.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
:lol: at the Russian professor. He is the savior of this leg :hearts: :hearts:

I WAS GONNA COMMENT ABOUT IT. Am watching it now but can't resist the temptation to post my <3 for him!!!!!!!!! :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
I love this leg. It could have been a great leg HAD NOT BEEN for the staggering times that teams were released due to their various check-in time last leg!!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
I just want to comment that this is one of the most happy Final 5 that I've seen in a long long time... I love the Chippendales for their friendliness and helpfulness.

I like Trey and Lexi for their cheerfulness.

I like Nadiya and Natalie for their random outburst of competitiveness. Although they may be really ugly/rude at times, at least you can't deny they are an entertaining teams.

Ryan and Abbie won me over completely the last 2 legs.

Josh and Brent... what a nice team, always so appreciative and completely nice/positive as well.

I think if we have a next Allstars, we might be seeing MANY teams from this season (TAR 14ish)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Both of these legs in Moscow were the best of all of the Moscow legs over the years, and the leg tonight was made up of win all over.

The brain teaser of the roadblock would have stumped most people (I'm a time zone nerd, so I would have had no problems with it.) But at least Jamyes, Lexi and Ryan caught on and got it done. It's been a while since they've had a real brain teaser of a mental task like this, and it's good to see it appear.

I know! I'm sick and tired of complete this, do this, do that. It has been a while since we last saw brain teasers on TAR! I think the last one was TAR 15? Globetrotters had to solve FRANZ?? But that wasn't even a brainteaser, more like word formation.

This is a witty task!!

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
I don't think the cast has been that good.  Of those left the twins can be annoying and Ryan can sound an idiot but they are probably the biggest character teams now.  Overall this race has been more about taxis than about racers.

The professor was funny at first but it went on a bit.  And I think it was obvious who he acting up on the instructions of the producers.

The tasks have been improving a bit recently in this season, as I said before.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Okay, so for you, you prefer the professor to just say "Here's your next clue" calmly, then you will say that this leg is freaking boring and that the task master was not even good at his job.

Then if the twins are boring and Ryan extremely nice, then the entire cast are boring and not memorable and this season sucks.

I like how you are thinking always. :lol3: