Author Topic: TAR 22: Bitch, Moan, and Squeal Thread **Spoilers Inside!**  (Read 115170 times)

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
Re: TAR 22: Bitch, Moan, and Squeal Thread **Spoilers Inside!**
« Reply #300 on: March 31, 2013, 10:18:15 PM »
Told you. TAR 21 cast >>>> TAR 22 cast :hrt:
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #301 on: March 31, 2013, 10:25:29 PM »
I think people were only moaning this week's leg for being linear because the first team had a sizable lead, which wouldn't have existed had not half of the teams bald snarked half an hour into the first side of the Detour. It's not bad design, it's bad teams putting themselves behind.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline BuuYaa

• RFF Full Member
  • TAR 22 <3; TAR 23 must be better
« Reply #302 on: April 01, 2013, 04:33:02 AM »
Told you. TAR 21 cast >>>> TAR 22 cast :hrt:

Reverse them and you're good to go...

I think people were only moaning this week's leg for being linear because the first team had a sizable lead, which wouldn't have existed had not half of the teams bald snarked half an hour into the first side of the Detour. It's not bad design, it's bad teams putting themselves behind.

agreed. although i'd rather see the FF in leg 6, that way it's more fair to all the teams since they just got equalized.

well I guess it's always like that in Africa. First one is a NEL the second is an EL. Been like that since TAR 19.

Please Bring'em back:
=======================================
MM: Jaymes&James; Mark&Bopper
FF: Caroline&Jennifer; Pam&Winnie; Natalie&Nadiya;
MF: Joey&Meghan;
Couple : Max&Katie; Abby&Ryan; Brendon&Rachel; Amani&Marcus;
Elder Couple : Chuck&Wynona; Bill&Cathi;
======================================

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #303 on: April 01, 2013, 04:57:38 AM »
I thought the cast of TAR 21 was much more likeable... I'm finding it hard to root for anyone in TAR 22. I'm not crazy about anyone.

Offline BuuYaa

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #304 on: April 01, 2013, 05:34:07 AM »
I thought the cast of TAR 21 was much more likeable... I'm finding it hard to root for anyone in TAR 22. I'm not crazy about anyone.

well probably because most of the tar 21 casts were great to watch. Jaymes&James_Natalie&Nadiya were good TV. Trey&Lexi and Abby&Ryan were competitive as hell

but since they left Istanbul, it wasn't so much race anymore, and more DRAMAS, in airport, losing passports, let's U-TURN them ,and stuffs like that.  In 2nd leg of Russia, none of them looked like racing at all. JJ&Trexie literally run the leg together happy like it was not even a race, NatalieNadiya AbbyRyan and JoshBrent ran the leg alone as if they were five hours each behind, so did in Amsterdam, except this time it was Josh&Brent and Abby&Ryan together.

this season we got more competitive teams and we actually see them raced each other, neck in neck. Even not-so-strong teams like Caroline&Jennifer and Chuck&Wynona could play catch up, and not just because other teams got lost by their cab driver, or their plane got delayed, or one team lost their passport, or something like that. probably that's why I liked this season's cast better

Please Bring'em back:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #305 on: April 01, 2013, 08:38:18 AM »

well probably because most of the tar 21 casts were great to watch. Jaymes&James_Natalie&Nadiya were good TV. Trey&Lexi and Abby&Ryan were competitive as hell

but since they left Istanbul, it wasn't so much race anymore, and more DRAMAS, in airport, losing passports, let's U-TURN them ,and stuffs like that.  In 2nd leg of Russia, none of them looked like racing at all. JJ&Trexie literally run the leg together happy like it was not even a race, NatalieNadiya AbbyRyan and JoshBrent ran the leg alone as if they were five hours each behind, so did in Amsterdam, except this time it was Josh&Brent and Abby&Ryan together.

this season we got more competitive teams and we actually see them raced each other, neck in neck. Even not-so-strong teams like Caroline&Jennifer and Chuck&Wynona could play catch up, and not just because other teams got lost by their cab driver, or their plane got delayed, or one team lost their passport, or something like that. probably that's why I liked this season's cast better

BuuYaa, Polaroid is talking about likability and rootable factor for a team, not circumstances that happened on the race that made this season better. There's a huge difference.

I disagree Dan, FF on a linear leg literally gave Bates and Anthony the win this leg. I agree that had the FF been on last leg, and 3 teams were allowed on the first flight, it will make for some really good FF moments VS-ing etc.

Offline BuuYaa

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #306 on: April 01, 2013, 09:15:45 AM »

BuuYaa, Polaroid is talking about likability and rootable factor for a team, not circumstances that happened on the race that made this season better. There's a huge difference.

I disagree Dan, FF on a linear leg literally gave Bates and Anthony the win this leg. I agree that had the FF been on last leg, and 3 teams were allowed on the first flight, it will make for some really good FF moments VS-ing etc.

Joab, I said this
"well probably because most of the tar 21 casts were great to watch. Jaymes&James_Natalie&Nadiya were good TV. Trey&Lexi and Abby&Ryan were competitive as hell"
It is implied to why I thought Polaroid liked last season's cast better than this season.

and yes, the whole thing I said afterward is the circumstances of the TAR 21,which implied to the cast's attitude.

How JaymesJames and TreyLexi helped each other all the way since they think they're so far in front, which they were ...but the point of "racing" was not applied on this case. Or when Abby&Ryan and Josh&Brent made a pact and willing to run the leg together in Moscow and Amsterdam, since they thought they were too far behind and there's no way to catch up, no need to "RACE", basically giving up, and also which apparently hurt Abby&Ryan once they got to the U-TURN, which, is a disappointment for me on some level.

Look I am no master of the race, but if you're aware that you're the last two teams, why would you make a pact and decided to run the leg together? Had Abby&Ryan left Josh&Brent in that swimming detour in Moscow, they would have a HUGE lead ahead of Josh&Brent. Maybe even caught up with Trey&Lexi when they got to Amsterdam. I know that sounded mean and obnoxious and cocky and awful and they had an agreement, but again, it's a "RACE".
============oooooooooo===========
Now do you see Mona&Beth waiting on Joey&Meghan when they got U-TURN in Vietnam? Do you see Mona or Beth saying "oh look Meghan&Joey got U-TURN,we made a pact with them to help each other as an alliance, so let's go help them!"

The circumstances always have a huge impact on the racers. That impact is how I liked or disliked a team. How Bates&Anthony and Pam&Winnie managed to stay strong under any circumstances, How Max&Katie managed to convince other teams to favor themselves along the race(quitting a RBs, or U-TURNing certain teams when there's one), How Caroline&Jennifer managed to play catch up very well in Bora-Bora and just now in Botswana.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 09:27:19 AM by BuuYaa »
Please Bring'em back:

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #307 on: April 01, 2013, 09:23:39 AM »
Whenever anyone says "cast" I think the ENTIRE cast. So when someone says "TAR 21 Cast" I'm not only thinking NaNa, Jaymes & James (who I liked), I'm also thinking Gary & Will :groan: , Rob & Kelley :groan: , Caitlin & Brittany :groan: who were really boring imo.

When I compare both casts .. it's pretty much TAR 22 > TAR 21

Just my opinion..

Offline BuuYaa

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #308 on: April 01, 2013, 09:37:38 AM »
Whenever anyone says "cast" I think the ENTIRE cast. So when someone says "TAR 21 Cast" I'm not only thinking NaNa, Jaymes & James (who I liked), I'm also thinking Gary & Will :groan: , Rob & Kelley :groan: , Caitlin & Brittany :groan: who were really boring imo.

When I compare both casts .. it's pretty much TAR 22 > TAR 21

Just my opinion..

Yeah exactly.
Last season we had a 9th place Caitlin&Brittany that I had no idea how well or awful they were. One thing for sure they were unlucky
This season we had a 9th place John&Jessica, who MADE HISTORY with their Express Pass

Last season we had a 8th place Gary&Will, they are beyond "suck" as a team
This season we had a 8th place Dave&Connor, who ran very inspirational two legs, and most likely will return in future seasons

Last season we had a 7th place Rob&Kelley, who wanted to race "alone". Buddy, it's not called a race when you're doing it alone.
This season we had a 7th place Pam&Winnie, which is a little disappointing regards on their elimination, but managed to prove that they worked well together and made a great female-female team.

If Pam&Winnie were in last season, I could see them in the final 3 for sure.
Please Bring'em back:

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #309 on: April 01, 2013, 10:37:54 AM »
BuuYaa, please stop comparing and replying to all our opinion like you're Mr. Know It All (if you can, because I know that you'll reply my opinion too soon after this). Each season has its own uniqueness, and so does TAR 21 and TAR 22. This thread's focusing on TAR 22, so if you want to say that this is the best season, compare it to ALL other seasons from TAR 1 - TAR 21, not just TAR 21 where I think that you subjectively think that that's the worst season.

If you're complaining about what happened between the teams in the race, wait until you're in the race *literally*, and wait what other people are going to say about you. We have our own thoughts about this race, and so does you. So, please respect and don't be too sotoy (I don't know what's the proper English term for this :lol:).

Kthxbye.
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

MrDeerShank

« Reply #310 on: April 01, 2013, 10:55:18 AM »
BuuYaa, please stop comparing and replying to all our opinion like you're Mr. Know It All (if you can, because I know that you'll reply my opinion too soon after this). Each season has its own uniqueness, and so does TAR 21 and TAR 22. This thread's focusing on TAR 22, so if you want to say that this is the best season, compare it to ALL other seasons from TAR 1 - TAR 21, not just TAR 21 where I think that you subjectively think that that's the worst season.

If you're complaining about what happened between the teams in the race, wait until you're in the race *literally*, and wait what other people are going to say about you. We have our own thoughts about this race, and so does you. So, please respect and don't be too sotoy (I don't know what's the proper English term for this :lol:).

Kthxbye.

Kami <3

Offline Prama

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Later!
« Reply #311 on: April 01, 2013, 11:09:40 AM »

Kthxbye.

Kami <33333333333333333333333333
Prama's Member Game Profile
Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #312 on: April 01, 2013, 11:48:15 AM »

Kthxbye.

Kami <3333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

I don't usually quote but lately all the replies are SO DAMN TRUE TO MY HEART. <3

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #313 on: April 01, 2013, 11:49:22 AM »

:haha

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #314 on: April 01, 2013, 06:20:24 PM »

Kthxbye.

Kami <333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #315 on: April 01, 2013, 09:34:30 PM »
Let's continue on please?

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #316 on: April 01, 2013, 11:47:26 PM »

Can you imagine this:

"Come on Twinnie, you can do this!"

"Don't let them beat you, Winnie!"

"You can totally beat Winnie, Twinnie!"
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #317 on: April 02, 2013, 04:48:38 AM »

Can you imagine this:

Please let this happen! :lol:

They also can form an alliance (best alliance.ever) and rule the season. Natalie & Nadiya and Pam & Winnie for next All Stars. <333

Offline jostor

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #318 on: April 02, 2013, 08:43:07 AM »

Can you imagine this:

Would be brilliant! :D

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #319 on: April 17, 2013, 10:32:19 AM »
Our potential F3 don't have any episode titles yet :lol:

Offline Magnus

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #320 on: April 21, 2013, 08:04:11 PM »
I have to say that this is probably the best route ever. I would love to be on this season just to go to New Zealand, Switzerland, Germany, and Scotland!!

Offline Saravannan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #321 on: April 21, 2013, 08:11:37 PM »
I have to say that this is probably the best route ever. I would love to be on this season just to go to New Zealand, Switzerland, Germany, and Scotland!!

I agree! Would have been my favourite route to travel through. All places I dream to go to. Maybe not as exciting for people that want to see exotic places, but I'm sure the racers loved it too.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #322 on: April 21, 2013, 08:14:09 PM »
BoraBora? Bali? Botswana?? Oh yes baby!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #323 on: April 21, 2013, 08:19:39 PM »
9 out of 11 teams having a Top 3 finish :hrt: (Not the biggest deal, but whatever :lol: )

STILL no F3 titles yet... :lol3:

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #324 on: April 21, 2013, 08:32:45 PM »
I thought this seasons route had a good mix of exotic places and relatively known places! It's great to have a balance! Hopefully we get to see more sides of Europe! I love going from snowy mountain Switzerland to big city Berlin! I hope we get more good locations in Scotland!