Author Topic: TAR 22: Bitch, Moan, and Squeal Thread **Spoilers Inside!**  (Read 114869 times)

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 22: Bitch, Moan, and Squeal Thread **Spoilers Inside!**
« Reply #250 on: February 07, 2013, 09:20:07 PM »
I see your point and I never thought of it like that, but any good racer would probably systematically go through them and only use their memory to see what others have done.

It kinda sorta also reminds me of the dune buggie hourglass task in TARAus 1, you have to know which ones you have done and which one's other people have done, but there is still a whole bunch of luck involved imo, which I don't like. Leave the luck to taxi drivers and other stuff, not tasks.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #251 on: February 07, 2013, 09:28:56 PM »
I see your point and I never thought of it like that, but any good racer would probably systematically go through them and only use their memory to see what others have done.

It kinda sorta also reminds me of the dune buggie hourglass task in TARAus 1, you have to know which ones you have done and which one's other people have done, but there is still a whole bunch of luck involved imo, which I don't like. Leave the luck to taxi drivers and other stuff, not tasks.

Well taxis shouldn't really be a problem at all in French Polynesia, so I am fine with a luck-based task. Especially since it seems really epic. It does help that the task is fallowed by a difficult task with no luck involved at all.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #252 on: February 15, 2013, 05:30:24 PM »
they have set the bar REALLY high with this season, and i am praying that it lives up to the hype otherwise im going to be SO disappointed :(
im excited!

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #253 on: February 15, 2013, 09:53:23 PM »
If they completely skip the team introductions and not have a proper starting line task (which takes up some time), the Griffith Observatory start will be the worst edited first 5 minutes in TAR history. :(
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #254 on: February 15, 2013, 09:57:19 PM »
If they completely skip the team introductions and not have a proper starting line task (which takes up some time), the Griffith Observatory start will be the worst edited first 5 minutes in TAR history. :(

im not sure if they are having a proper start line task BUT THEY ARE DEFINITELY HAVING THE TEAM INTRODUCTIONS. THEY DONT SHOW IT IN THE SNEAK PEEK BECAUSE THEY WANT TO SAVE IT FOR THE ACTUAL EPISODE. GAH

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #255 on: February 15, 2013, 10:50:03 PM »

im not sure if they are having a proper start line task BUT THEY ARE DEFINITELY HAVING THE TEAM INTRODUCTIONS. THEY DONT SHOW IT IN THE SNEAK PEEK BECAUSE THEY WANT TO SAVE IT FOR THE ACTUAL EPISODE. GAH

Okay, thanks for the defogging, supah! :) Now that the issue is cleared up, I can not wait until Sunday night!
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #256 on: February 15, 2013, 10:55:34 PM »

Okay, thanks for the defogging, supah! :) Now that the issue is cleared up, I can not wait until Sunday night!

Guys, I made the caps of that vid, and it's been edited. Supah is right.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #257 on: February 17, 2013, 03:31:16 AM »
There is going to be teams' intro.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #258 on: February 28, 2013, 01:59:50 PM »
Why would CBS reveal leg 3 is a KOR leg (keep on racing) in their episode photos released BEFORE the episode airs?  (:;)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #259 on: March 01, 2013, 01:17:31 PM »
Guess they think it HELPS ratings?? :ascared
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #260 on: March 01, 2013, 02:06:34 PM »
I love that TAR brought back KOR/TBC! :hrt:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #261 on: March 01, 2013, 02:28:02 PM »
I love that TAR brought back KOR/TBC! :hrt:

I don't think it went anywhere, lol. Temp hiatus maybe... :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #262 on: March 09, 2013, 11:18:38 AM »
I love love love every team in the final 9 and my heart will break at each elimination now :'(

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #263 on: March 09, 2013, 11:24:00 AM »
I love love love every team in the final 9 and my heart will break at each elimination now :'(
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #264 on: March 16, 2013, 11:38:32 AM »
I love the tropical/beautiful locations this season.

Can't wait for Africa/Europe!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #265 on: March 16, 2013, 01:49:24 PM »
I think this season pales in comparison to last season, where every team in the Final 5 was memorable and since the beginning, it was pretty obvious that Nadiya and Natalie, Jaymes and James and Ryan and Abbie were getting a huge edit.

This season, everything is focused on Dave and Connor and each and every leg I feel like throwing up when they mention the word 'cancer'. Yes, I get it. MOVE ON.

MrDeerShank

« Reply #266 on: March 16, 2013, 01:55:44 PM »
This season, everything is focused on Dave and Connor and each and every leg I feel like throwing up when they mention the word 'cancer'. Yes, I get it. MOVE ON.

THIS.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #267 on: March 16, 2013, 02:10:05 PM »
I really do find Dave/Connor's edit extremely annoying.

I hope spoilers are true with the fact that they're probably out next!

John/Jessica and Dave/Connor got huge edits for such early boots

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #268 on: March 16, 2013, 05:21:44 PM »
Wow. Y'all are a tough crowd. The EDIT is WHY they were casted. It is their hook and of course CBS will promote it to the max.

I wonder how many of you have gone thru a cancer treatment with a friend or loved one? It can be a horrific ordeal, and having both a father and a son survive this is remarkable. Dave's love for his son is obvious. The edit is what it is, it is their hook, I expect Dave and Connor would far rather move on as well and have more comments about their racing...but it is what it is!! Blame CBS, lol.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #269 on: March 17, 2013, 01:27:29 AM »
I know peach, I don't blame Dave and Connor at all and actually liked them on the first episode. Then seeing how he raced to the pitstop just so he can win the leg and injured himself (which is dumb), using the Express Pass when they don't really need it (which is also dumb) and then cheating at last leg's Roadblock (which is sly), my respect and liking for this team is 0% right now.

I blame CBS for their story edit, but I just have no liking for this team. Mug put it best, if you are selling me a sob story of these two people, then they really better be of the best righteous character and attitude. :res:

Them cornering Jessica and John for the EP was pretty  :res: :groan: too. I know there's a pact going on but if Jessica and John doesn't give it to you, don't whine. You didn't even come in SECOND place for Leg 1. :res:

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #270 on: March 17, 2013, 02:06:59 AM »
I am going to bitch about the comments made at David and Connor:
Well the trying to do whatever it takes to win a leg makes sense. They know they are not going to win the race, so they might as well try to win as many prizes before they eventually leave the show. TRUST ME, you would ALL do the same if you were in their situation.
Also, why are people still complaining about the cancer story being forced? They barely mentioned cancer in episode 4!!! The only time I felt it force was episode 2, but that was because of the crazy ending.
Of course this team would get the majority of airtime! David is racing with a moon boot! No contestant has ever ran with an injury like this on the show ever. (I haven't seen international versions btw)
I just love David and Connor. Most people would just leave the show after injuring their achillies. But the fact they stayed and are actually winning legs is just amazing :luvya:.
These guys in my opinion, are the most inspiring team EVER IN THE AMAZING RACE HISTORY! 
(If anyone argues that Charla and Mirna were the most inspiring team, I will kill you)

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #271 on: March 17, 2013, 03:45:55 AM »
I am going to bitch about the comments made at David and Connor:
Well the trying to do whatever it takes to win a leg makes sense. They know they are not going to win the race, so they might as well try to win as many prizes before they eventually leave the show. TRUST ME, you would ALL do the same if you were in their situation.
Also, why are people still complaining about the cancer story being forced? They barely mentioned cancer in episode 4!!! The only time I felt it force was episode 2, but that was because of the crazy ending.
Of course this team would get the majority of airtime! David is racing with a moon boot! No contestant has ever ran with an injury like this on the show ever. (I haven't seen international versions btw)
I just love David and Connor. Most people would just leave the show after injuring their achillies. But the fact they stayed and are actually winning legs is just amazing :luvya:.
These guys in my opinion, are the most inspiring team EVER IN THE AMAZING RACE HISTORY! 
(If anyone argues that Charla and Mirna were the most inspiring team, I will kill you)

Well Charla & Mirna were inspiring in different ways...

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #272 on: March 17, 2013, 03:50:47 AM »
I know peach, I don't blame Dave and Connor at all and actually liked them on the first episode. Then seeing how he raced to the pitstop just so he can win the leg and injured himself (which is dumb), using the Express Pass when they don't really need it (which is also dumb) and then cheating at last leg's Roadblock (which is sly), my respect and liking for this team is 0% right now.

You've made your dislike of Dave and Connor ABUNDANTLY clear over and over again, but how can you expect Dave to just give up and not race to the pit stop when first place was so close for them? Who could have possibly anticipated an achilles tendon injury? Can you imagine the comments if he had just stopped and walked to the pit stop and said "I was afraid I might get injured?" People would have torn him apart for that.

Once Dave got injured, it was clear that they weren't going to make through the rest of the race. I don't blame them for using the Express Pass to win a leg. At this early stage of the race, the prize money for making it a couple of more legs isn't that much and the prize for winning a leg is probably worth more than that.

I can understand why you consider what Connor did cheating. I don't think it was cheating but it is unethical. I also think sharing answers is unethical and that happens frequently on TAR. Let's not even think about Survivor. They do worse stuff than Connor did on every episode.

I'm finding Dave and Connor's race thus far to be totally improbable and rather inspiring. I admire Dave for toughing it out and racing through the pain as best he can. I don't think they will last much longer though. I hope you can hang in there and enjoy the race once Dave and Connor are gone.

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #273 on: March 17, 2013, 04:25:28 AM »
I honestly wouldn't mind them if it wasn't the "David & Connor's Amazing Adventure in a moon boot (+ bonus footage of 8 other teams racing around the world)". It's not them I don't like David & Connor as people, it's the fact that their whole ordeal is rammed down my throat for a full 10 minutes every episode, for four straight legs. I also kinda don't like how they're portrayed to be so inspirational and defy-all-the-odds people when they're clearly just as competent as everyone else - they've won two legs with a moon boot for god sake. It's not like they're struggling or anything :res: Nice people, I get it. But their edit is extremely irritating.

I seriously cannot wait until they're booted so I can actually get to know the other teams.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #274 on: March 17, 2013, 04:26:55 AM »
Dave & Connor get all the attention. That's it.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard