Author Topic: TAR 22: Bitch, Moan, and Squeal Thread **Spoilers Inside!**  (Read 114850 times)

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 22: Bitch, Moan, and Squeal Thread **Spoilers Inside!**
« Reply #175 on: December 02, 2012, 12:21:06 AM »
The only thing missing from this race is South America  :'(. But my favorite part about the race is that not every area is visited :hearts:. I know that sounds odd, but let me explain. Some season you get legs in the snow. Sometimes they are in a tropical area. They could be in cities, deserts, or even on a safari. But in my opinion, the fact you cant get them all is the beauty of the race, it would get too predictable to see the same things over and over again.

As you can probably guess, I hate 6 continent seasons (:;)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 12:24:26 AM by ianthebalance »

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #176 on: December 02, 2012, 01:34:59 PM »
My complaint about the Botswana leg is what else is there to do other than take a safari? Wash local buses... go to indigenous villages (done in s20)... and visit Gaborone (city center)... I don't see much of an inspiration of a route there. :duno: May-B it's just me.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #178 on: December 02, 2012, 03:26:07 PM »
Second season in a row where an F/F [probably] goes far  :hearts:

Let's hope they're not too much like the "TWINNIES!"  :lol: (even though I like them)

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #179 on: December 02, 2012, 05:00:36 PM »
I'm liking the destinations visited so far! :hearts: (Compared to the Indo-Indo-Bang-Bang string this season >_>)
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #180 on: December 02, 2012, 05:32:12 PM »
Second season in a row where an F/F [probably] goes far  :hearts:

Let's hope they're not too much like the "TWINNIES!"  :lol: (even though I like them)
I won't be surprised if there is a "BESTIIIEES!!!" team, lol :lol3:
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline dpe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #181 on: December 02, 2012, 06:38:57 PM »
I'M huge NFL fan. but this televising EVERY GAME until they are finished stinks. CBS..  you are just ticking people off. (:;) 

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #182 on: December 02, 2012, 06:50:31 PM »
I'M huge NFL fan. but this televising EVERY GAME until they are finished stinks. CBS..  you are just ticking people off. (:;)

Past history has a few firestorms of public protest when networks cut off football games before they were over. Especially when one team makes a last minute comeback to win. There are more people watching football than TAR. CBS is ticking off fewer people now. Also, it's only affecting the eastern half of the country. The west never has TAR delayed.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #183 on: December 02, 2012, 06:55:11 PM »

Past history has a few firestorms of public protest when networks cut off football games before they were over. Especially when one team makes a last minute comeback to win. There are more people watching football than TAR. CBS is ticking off fewer people now. Also, it's only affecting the eastern half of the country. The west never has TAR delayed.

The west did have it delayed once, but it was due to Osama Bin Laden's death.

Offline dpe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #184 on: December 02, 2012, 07:01:20 PM »

I  remember the "Heidi" game, but just show whatever game(s) that are in a region where people are actually interested in the game.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #185 on: December 02, 2012, 07:12:42 PM »

I  remember the "Heidi" game, but just show whatever game(s) that are in a region where people are actually interested in the game.

The television networks don't really have a choice. It is in the contract with the NFL. So blame them!
Matthew 7:15

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #186 on: December 02, 2012, 07:36:01 PM »
Say thank you.

It is GOOD for ratings, which is what keeps TAR alive!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #187 on: December 02, 2012, 07:40:29 PM »

i say  this wont work because I go to a college were I cant watch the Bears play.. so yea a

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #188 on: December 03, 2012, 01:34:29 PM »
Here is some information on Sunday "bonus coverage":

When a media market's regionally televised game ends before the others, the network (CBS or Fox) may switch to "bonus coverage" of the ending of another game. However, the league imposes two restrictions that are designed to maximize the ratings of the late games on the doubleheader network, which tend to record the most NFL viewers during the day, often beating the audience for Sunday night games.

First, bonus coverage offered after any early time slot games cannot be shown past the start of the late time slot (either 4:20 ET for the doubleheader network or 4:25 ET for the non-doubleheader network). This prevents people from continuing to watch the bonus coverage instead of seeing the beginning of the late doubleheader network's game (which is usually either their local team or the network's featured game). Again, the networks may show highlights of the game, and usually will at the earliest opportunity. The network broadcasting the single game will sometimes show each play as soon as it ends as part of its post-game show. A station originally getting the game featured during bonus coverage will stay with it unless they are leaving to show a local team.

Second, bonus coverage cannot be shown after a late game on the single-game network because it will run in opposition to the ending of the late doubleheader network's game(s) and NBC's pre-game show. However, the single-game network usually schedules most of its top games in the early 1:00 ET time slot (except for west coast teams' home games, and possibly either a Giants or Jets game), so this does not tend to be a major issue.

If the doubleheader network's games all finish before 7:30 ET, it is supposed to conclude the post-game show within 10 minutes to protect NBC's pre-game show. If any games finish after 7:30, the post-game program can run until 8:00 ET. However, this restriction seems to apply to game footage only; on several occasions Fox has run its post-game offering to 8:00, despite all games ending before 7:30, by airing only panel discussions and interviews in the latter portion of the show. On the other hand, CBS rarely airs any post-game show after its doubleheaders or 4:05 single-games. This is because 60 Minutes is one of its signature shows, and CBS makes every effort to start it as close to 7:00 or 7:30—its traditional airtime—as possible.

This does not appear to restrict CBS or FOX from providing bonus coverage on as many games as they elect to.

Offline dpe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #189 on: December 03, 2012, 02:34:20 PM »
Nothing like rational thought to deflate flimsy whiny bitching.

Offline ryanmissing27

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #190 on: December 04, 2012, 12:33:15 AM »
I have no idea if anyone has already addressed the issue, but: THEY CHOOSE THE EARTHQUAKE-RAVAGED CHRISTCHURCH OVER MELBOURNE?!?!?!?! Don't get me wrong I love New Zealand but I'm now actually convinced that they're never coming to Victoria; this is actually depressing for me
Furthermore, Indonesia 3 times in four seasons? And each time as an early country... I'm just not sure what to believe anymore

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #191 on: December 04, 2012, 01:29:27 AM »
I have no idea if anyone has already addressed the issue, but: THEY CHOOSE THE EARTHQUAKE-RAVAGED CHRISTCHURCH OVER MELBOURNE?!?!?!?! Don't get me wrong I love New Zealand but I'm now actually convinced that they're never coming to Victoria; this is actually depressing for me
Furthermore, Indonesia 3 times in four seasons? And each time as an early country... I'm just not sure what to believe anymore

melbourne + the rest of victoria is rubbish

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #192 on: December 04, 2012, 01:34:41 AM »

qft

Offline ryanmissing27

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #193 on: December 04, 2012, 02:06:31 AM »

Well that's more than a little insulting since i'm a victorian

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #194 on: December 04, 2012, 02:11:02 AM »

well THATS more insulting as i am a former victorian.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #195 on: December 04, 2012, 03:06:20 AM »

Guys, listen. Melbourne is a great place to live, probably the best in Australia, but if you want to design a leg in Metro Melbourne, you will find it very hard. The only way to get around this is go to Ballarat/Great Ocean Road/Phillip Island.

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #196 on: December 04, 2012, 03:11:23 AM »

Guys, listen. Melbourne is a great place to live, probably the best in Australia, but if you want to design a leg in Metro Melbourne, you will find it very hard. The only way to get around this is go to Ballarat/Great Ocean Road/Phillip Island.

Oh Airlines, you're a classic.

addie

« Reply #197 on: December 04, 2012, 01:35:14 PM »
Is it just me or or Aussies always bickering over which is the 'best' city.. seriously how is the 'best' city determined?

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #198 on: December 04, 2012, 02:21:06 PM »

heck with Melbourne, I like Addie's "big clam".   :cmas50

Offline ryanmissing27

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #199 on: December 05, 2012, 01:26:23 AM »
Is it just me or or Aussies always bickering over which is the 'best' city.. seriously how is the 'best' city determined?

Bickering over which city is best implies that both cities are good but one is better. No one has even mentioned Sydney; these comments are just an outright hate attack on my entire state.