Author Topic: TAR 22: Bitch, Moan, and Squeal Thread **Spoilers Inside!**  (Read 114854 times)

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
Re: TAR 22: Bitch, Moan, and Squeal Thread **Spoilers Inside!**
« Reply #75 on: November 19, 2012, 07:23:46 AM »

I just hope that they'll visit Nepal or Laos in the next legs to keep up with the first good locations that we have.

US President Barrack Obama is in Myanmar / Burma right now if they want to come and say  :hello2:

TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #76 on: November 19, 2012, 08:28:45 AM »
Over the course of 22 seasons, I would be fine if they visited Indonesia - or any country - three times. Because that way, you are visiting the country on an average of once every seven seasons. But to completely ignore somewhere for 18 seasons and then visit it three times in the next four seasons is nothing short of disgraceful and unoriginal in my book. :res: I don't want to see ANY country that frequently on TAR. Seriously, we need something new and fresh every time. (:;)

Couldn't possibly be more disappointed unless they hit India or China again... :res:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #77 on: November 19, 2012, 08:35:19 AM »
Bali <3

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: November 19, 2012, 08:42:46 AM »
Why Indonesia??? We just visited there? I was thinking, this has to be the best route ever, THEN Indonesia happens. Is Indonesia the new India. C'mon!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #79 on: November 19, 2012, 09:24:08 AM »
Come on guys, it's only the third time they've been to Indonesia. :lol:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #80 on: November 19, 2012, 12:35:36 PM »
hockeys players firece

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #81 on: November 19, 2012, 02:44:54 PM »
I am more surprised by two tropical islands...BoraBora and Bali? Interesting!

This.

IIRC, Phil has said in interviews that he doesn't necessarily like visiting islands, and now it looks like we're getting Bora Bora for two legs and now Bali. Hopefully, the producers have found tasks that aren't super-repetitive.
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #82 on: November 19, 2012, 02:47:57 PM »
Get away from the tourist beaches and Bali is a delight...The whole North part of the island could be wonderful.

I am more surprised by two tropical islands...BoraBora and Bali? Interesting!

Peach, you took the words right out of my mouth. Both Bali and BoraBora/Tahiti are considered legendary places to Americans to want to travel to, and I can't believe just having those two in that category this early in one Race isn't laying the groundwork for more such places this time around.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Katarzyna

• RFF Full Member
  • Sashay away!
« Reply #83 on: November 19, 2012, 03:04:45 PM »
Bali is interesting as it has a unique culture from the rest of Indonesia. Well Indonesia is ethnically diverse anyway.
I'm not disappointed they went to Bali, but I hope this season is geographically diverse. They just had 2 legs in a tropical island. Now they're in Bali. I hope they visit mountainous regions, crowded cities, picturesque towns in the upcoming legs. It's winter. I hope they at least visit a snow clad region perhaps in Northern Europe.
Oh Brian, I can't wait til after dinner. Cos then we'll go home and you can watch me have my period.

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #84 on: November 19, 2012, 06:25:05 PM »
Bali is interesting as it has a unique culture from the rest of Indonesia. Well Indonesia is ethnically diverse anyway.
I'm not disappointed they went to Bali, but I hope this season is geographically diverse. They just had 2 legs in a tropical island. Now they're in Bali. I hope they visit mountainous regions, crowded cities, picturesque towns in the upcoming legs. It's winter. I hope they at least visit a snow clad region perhaps in Northern Europe.

I give you a different ambience that you will not get it anywhere else... ;)

remember this sweet memorable movie?

can't wait to see some romantic yet spiritual connection between the teams...  :luvya:

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #85 on: November 19, 2012, 07:34:26 PM »
so were already now in the middle of the leg for TAR 22 and the latest one is in Bali for leg 4 and hopefully after Bali, they should go to my country, PHILIPPINES for leg 5/6! :gaah:

...and after Leg 5/6 will they go to Africa or Europe?

Offline Harry4

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #86 on: November 19, 2012, 07:57:41 PM »
Wow, the 2nd leg in Indonesia for this season could be a switchback from one of the legs from TAR 21, EXCITING.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #87 on: November 19, 2012, 08:13:10 PM »
I think the route so far is inspired. And a leg in Nepal with the Himalayas is just what HD TAR needs. Canterbury region of New Zealand is really gorgeous, so that'll be awesome and Tahiti and Bora Bora are iconic places, and from what I've heard the tasks sound awesome. Add to that the definite story of the Father/Son, the grumpy-fiercely competitive asian team and the awesome older Alabama team, plus heaps of other entertaining looking racers, I think we have a real season on our hands. Now all that we need is for the editors to do it justice...goodness I am hoping.
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Harry4

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #88 on: November 19, 2012, 08:28:41 PM »
I think the route so far is inspired. And a leg in Nepal with the Himalayas is just what HD TAR needs. Canterbury region of New Zealand is really gorgeous, so that'll be awesome and Tahiti and Bora Bora are iconic places, and from what I've heard the tasks sound awesome. Add to that the definite story of the Father/Son, the grumpy-fiercely competitive asian team and the awesome older Alabama team, plus heaps of other entertaining looking racers, I think we have a real season on our hands. Now all that we need is for the editors to do it justice...goodness I am hoping.

There should have been 2 legs in New Zealand.

Also Australia has magnificent scenery which in HD is spectacular.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #89 on: November 19, 2012, 08:28:52 PM »
I smell an aroma that this may have been inspired from TAR Asia 4's "exotic locations" themed race. Tahiti, New Zealand, and Indonesia are all VERY uniquely characterized countries. I'm not sure about tying Melbourne into the mix. I like the choice of Perth and Tasmania better.

I'm also getting so tired of Europe that I just want to :gaah: if they go there this season, even new European countries and revisiting long, old ones like Portugal or Greece. :crazy: Call me crazy if you want. The last time WRP skipped Europe (excluding Family Edition) was season 2... 20 seasons ago! :oh
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #90 on: November 19, 2012, 08:33:45 PM »
I'm happy they even came to NZ. And I think they should have done only one, I don't like 2 legs one after the other in a country if its in the same place (eg TAR 21 in Dhaka two legs) just no real change of scenery which is boring. I also don't think Leg 4 was in Melbourne?...
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #91 on: November 19, 2012, 08:41:32 PM »
My impression is that Bali is leg 4.
-- theschnauzers

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #92 on: November 19, 2012, 08:45:41 PM »
...I also don't think Leg 4 was in Melbourne?...

Bali is Leg 4  ;)

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #93 on: November 19, 2012, 08:53:32 PM »
Thought so :) Melbourne will get its turn :P

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #94 on: November 19, 2012, 09:10:03 PM »
I'm also getting so tired of Europe that I just want to :gaah: if they go there this season, even new European countries and revisiting long, old ones like Portugal or Greece. :crazy: Call me crazy if you want. The last time WRP skipped Europe (excluding Family Edition) was season 2... 20 seasons ago! :oh

A season without Europe is like a season without Asia me think. Season 2 skipped Europe because they did FOUR legs in Aus/NZ.
It is an extremely diverse continent (like Asia), culturally AND naturally, everything being so concentrated (which is probably the reason why South America & Africa aren't visited each season)
And I think that a race should have more than just one leg (NZ) in a developed country (without counting French Polynesia, being part of France), while all others are in developping countries (could be a bit repetitive).
Europe is also quite easy to travel from one country to another, and less costly too, the mode of transportation used most of the time in the last couple of seasons being the train and not the plane...

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #95 on: November 19, 2012, 09:19:15 PM »
I smell an aroma that this may have been inspired from TAR Asia 4's "exotic locations" themed race. Tahiti, New Zealand, and Indonesia are all VERY uniquely characterized countries. I'm not sure about tying Melbourne into the mix. I like the choice of Perth and Tasmania better.

I disagree with this so much, Europe is my favorite continent for the race to visit. But dont worry, due to many legs in europe in Season 21, Season 22 will probably only have 2-3 legs in europe.

Offline Amazingracer

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #96 on: November 19, 2012, 10:32:03 PM »

I disagree with this so much, Europe is my favorite continent for the race to visit. But dont worry, due to many legs in europe in Season 21, Season 22 will probably only have 2-3 legs in europe.

I love Europe too, but too much of anything makes it seem boring. We need a break from Europe and some other places *cough, Indonesia, cough*

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #97 on: November 19, 2012, 10:56:07 PM »
From my point of view, I could care less what countries they go to or how many times they go there.

Countries are a limited pool, one of these days we will run out!

But the world is a wondrous place...and as long as they show me NEW PLACES, that is all I need!  :yess:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #98 on: November 19, 2012, 11:41:36 PM »
Since this is the bitch and moan thread.

I WANT THE PHILIPPINES ON TARUS DARN IT!!!!!!  :gaah: :gaah:

Oh well, maybe TAR23  :love2:

Offline Harry4

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #99 on: November 20, 2012, 01:00:31 AM »
Hopefully Australia on the next season of TAR. There should have been 2 legs in New Zealand and 2 legs in Australia.

Ashame Australia was only a transit to get to Indonesia - (Indonesia again).

:ghug: