Archive > The Amazing Race 22

TAR 22: Bitch, Moan, and Squeal Thread **Spoilers Inside!**

<< < (62/66) > >>

Jobby:

--- Quote from: BuuYaa on April 01, 2013, 05:34:07 AM ---
--- Quote from: Polaroid on April 01, 2013, 04:57:38 AM ---I thought the cast of TAR 21 was much more likeable... I'm finding it hard to root for anyone in TAR 22. I'm not crazy about anyone.

--- End quote ---

well probably because most of the tar 21 casts were great to watch. Jaymes&James_Natalie&Nadiya were good TV. Trey&Lexi and Abby&Ryan were competitive as hell

but since they left Istanbul, it wasn't so much race anymore, and more DRAMAS, in airport, losing passports, let's U-TURN them ,and stuffs like that.  In 2nd leg of Russia, none of them looked like racing at all. JJ&Trexie literally run the leg together happy like it was not even a race, NatalieNadiya AbbyRyan and JoshBrent ran the leg alone as if they were five hours each behind, so did in Amsterdam, except this time it was Josh&Brent and Abby&Ryan together.

this season we got more competitive teams and we actually see them raced each other, neck in neck. Even not-so-strong teams like Caroline&Jennifer and Chuck&Wynona could play catch up, and not just because other teams got lost by their cab driver, or their plane got delayed, or one team lost their passport, or something like that. probably that's why I liked this season's cast better

--- End quote ---

BuuYaa, Polaroid is talking about likability and rootable factor for a team, not circumstances that happened on the race that made this season better. There's a huge difference.

I disagree Dan, FF on a linear leg literally gave Bates and Anthony the win this leg. I agree that had the FF been on last leg, and 3 teams were allowed on the first flight, it will make for some really good FF moments VS-ing etc.

BuuYaa:

--- Quote from: Joab on April 01, 2013, 08:38:18 AM ---
--- Quote from: BuuYaa on April 01, 2013, 05:34:07 AM ---
--- Quote from: Polaroid on April 01, 2013, 04:57:38 AM ---I thought the cast of TAR 21 was much more likeable... I'm finding it hard to root for anyone in TAR 22. I'm not crazy about anyone.

--- End quote ---

well probably because most of the tar 21 casts were great to watch. Jaymes&James_Natalie&Nadiya were good TV. Trey&Lexi and Abby&Ryan were competitive as hell

but since they left Istanbul, it wasn't so much race anymore, and more DRAMAS, in airport, losing passports, let's U-TURN them ,and stuffs like that.  In 2nd leg of Russia, none of them looked like racing at all. JJ&Trexie literally run the leg together happy like it was not even a race, NatalieNadiya AbbyRyan and JoshBrent ran the leg alone as if they were five hours each behind, so did in Amsterdam, except this time it was Josh&Brent and Abby&Ryan together.

this season we got more competitive teams and we actually see them raced each other, neck in neck. Even not-so-strong teams like Caroline&Jennifer and Chuck&Wynona could play catch up, and not just because other teams got lost by their cab driver, or their plane got delayed, or one team lost their passport, or something like that. probably that's why I liked this season's cast better

--- End quote ---

BuuYaa, Polaroid is talking about likability and rootable factor for a team, not circumstances that happened on the race that made this season better. There's a huge difference.

I disagree Dan, FF on a linear leg literally gave Bates and Anthony the win this leg. I agree that had the FF been on last leg, and 3 teams were allowed on the first flight, it will make for some really good FF moments VS-ing etc.

--- End quote ---

Joab, I said this
"well probably because most of the tar 21 casts were great to watch. Jaymes&James_Natalie&Nadiya were good TV. Trey&Lexi and Abby&Ryan were competitive as hell"
It is implied to why I thought Polaroid liked last season's cast better than this season.

and yes, the whole thing I said afterward is the circumstances of the TAR 21,which implied to the cast's attitude.

How JaymesJames and TreyLexi helped each other all the way since they think they're so far in front, which they were ...but the point of "racing" was not applied on this case. Or when Abby&Ryan and Josh&Brent made a pact and willing to run the leg together in Moscow and Amsterdam, since they thought they were too far behind and there's no way to catch up, no need to "RACE", basically giving up, and also which apparently hurt Abby&Ryan once they got to the U-TURN, which, is a disappointment for me on some level.

Look I am no master of the race, but if you're aware that you're the last two teams, why would you make a pact and decided to run the leg together? Had Abby&Ryan left Josh&Brent in that swimming detour in Moscow, they would have a HUGE lead ahead of Josh&Brent. Maybe even caught up with Trey&Lexi when they got to Amsterdam. I know that sounded mean and obnoxious and cocky and awful and they had an agreement, but again, it's a "RACE".
============oooooooooo===========
Now do you see Mona&Beth waiting on Joey&Meghan when they got U-TURN in Vietnam? Do you see Mona or Beth saying "oh look Meghan&Joey got U-TURN,we made a pact with them to help each other as an alliance, so let's go help them!"

The circumstances always have a huge impact on the racers. That impact is how I liked or disliked a team. How Bates&Anthony and Pam&Winnie managed to stay strong under any circumstances, How Max&Katie managed to convince other teams to favor themselves along the race(quitting a RBs, or U-TURNing certain teams when there's one), How Caroline&Jennifer managed to play catch up very well in Bora-Bora and just now in Botswana.

RaceUntilWeDie:
Whenever anyone says "cast" I think the ENTIRE cast. So when someone says "TAR 21 Cast" I'm not only thinking NaNa, Jaymes & James (who I liked), I'm also thinking Gary & Will :groan: , Rob & Kelley :groan: , Caitlin & Brittany :groan: who were really boring imo.

When I compare both casts .. it's pretty much TAR 22 > TAR 21

Just my opinion..

BuuYaa:

--- Quote from: RaceUntilWeDie on April 01, 2013, 09:23:39 AM ---Whenever anyone says "cast" I think the ENTIRE cast. So when someone says "TAR 21 Cast" I'm not only thinking NaNa, Jaymes & James (who I liked), I'm also thinking Gary & Will :groan: , Rob & Kelley :groan: , Caitlin & Brittany :groan: who were really boring imo.

When I compare both casts .. it's pretty much TAR 22 > TAR 21

Just my opinion..

--- End quote ---

Yeah exactly.
Last season we had a 9th place Caitlin&Brittany that I had no idea how well or awful they were. One thing for sure they were unlucky
This season we had a 9th place John&Jessica, who MADE HISTORY with their Express Pass

Last season we had a 8th place Gary&Will, they are beyond "suck" as a team
This season we had a 8th place Dave&Connor, who ran very inspirational two legs, and most likely will return in future seasons

Last season we had a 7th place Rob&Kelley, who wanted to race "alone". Buddy, it's not called a race when you're doing it alone.
This season we had a 7th place Pam&Winnie, which is a little disappointing regards on their elimination, but managed to prove that they worked well together and made a great female-female team.

If Pam&Winnie were in last season, I could see them in the final 3 for sure.

Kamineko:
BuuYaa, please stop comparing and replying to all our opinion like you're Mr. Know It All (if you can, because I know that you'll reply my opinion too soon after this). Each season has its own uniqueness, and so does TAR 21 and TAR 22. This thread's focusing on TAR 22, so if you want to say that this is the best season, compare it to ALL other seasons from TAR 1 - TAR 21, not just TAR 21 where I think that you subjectively think that that's the worst season.

If you're complaining about what happened between the teams in the race, wait until you're in the race *literally*, and wait what other people are going to say about you. We have our own thoughts about this race, and so does you. So, please respect and don't be too sotoy (I don't know what's the proper English term for this :lol:).

Kthxbye.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version