Archive > The Amazing Race 22

TAR 22: Bitch, Moan, and Squeal Thread **Spoilers Inside!**

<< < (55/66) > >>

ianthebalance:
I am going to bitch about the comments made at David and Connor:
Well the trying to do whatever it takes to win a leg makes sense. They know they are not going to win the race, so they might as well try to win as many prizes before they eventually leave the show. TRUST ME, you would ALL do the same if you were in their situation.
Also, why are people still complaining about the cancer story being forced? They barely mentioned cancer in episode 4!!! The only time I felt it force was episode 2, but that was because of the crazy ending.
Of course this team would get the majority of airtime! David is racing with a moon boot! No contestant has ever ran with an injury like this on the show ever. (I haven't seen international versions btw)
I just love David and Connor. Most people would just leave the show after injuring their achillies. But the fact they stayed and are actually winning legs is just amazing :luvya:.
These guys in my opinion, are the most inspiring team EVER IN THE AMAZING RACE HISTORY! 
(If anyone argues that Charla and Mirna were the most inspiring team, I will kill you)

redskevin88:

--- Quote from: ianthebalance on March 17, 2013, 02:06:59 AM ---I am going to bitch about the comments made at David and Connor:
Well the trying to do whatever it takes to win a leg makes sense. They know they are not going to win the race, so they might as well try to win as many prizes before they eventually leave the show. TRUST ME, you would ALL do the same if you were in their situation.
Also, why are people still complaining about the cancer story being forced? They barely mentioned cancer in episode 4!!! The only time I felt it force was episode 2, but that was because of the crazy ending.
Of course this team would get the majority of airtime! David is racing with a moon boot! No contestant has ever ran with an injury like this on the show ever. (I haven't seen international versions btw)
I just love David and Connor. Most people would just leave the show after injuring their achillies. But the fact they stayed and are actually winning legs is just amazing :luvya:.
These guys in my opinion, are the most inspiring team EVER IN THE AMAZING RACE HISTORY! 
(If anyone argues that Charla and Mirna were the most inspiring team, I will kill you)

--- End quote ---

Well Charla & Mirna were inspiring in different ways...

Plaidmoon:

--- Quote from: Joab on March 17, 2013, 01:27:29 AM ---I know peach, I don't blame Dave and Connor at all and actually liked them on the first episode. Then seeing how he raced to the pitstop just so he can win the leg and injured himself (which is dumb), using the Express Pass when they don't really need it (which is also dumb) and then cheating at last leg's Roadblock (which is sly), my respect and liking for this team is 0% right now.

--- End quote ---

You've made your dislike of Dave and Connor ABUNDANTLY clear over and over again, but how can you expect Dave to just give up and not race to the pit stop when first place was so close for them? Who could have possibly anticipated an achilles tendon injury? Can you imagine the comments if he had just stopped and walked to the pit stop and said "I was afraid I might get injured?" People would have torn him apart for that.

Once Dave got injured, it was clear that they weren't going to make through the rest of the race. I don't blame them for using the Express Pass to win a leg. At this early stage of the race, the prize money for making it a couple of more legs isn't that much and the prize for winning a leg is probably worth more than that.

I can understand why you consider what Connor did cheating. I don't think it was cheating but it is unethical. I also think sharing answers is unethical and that happens frequently on TAR. Let's not even think about Survivor. They do worse stuff than Connor did on every episode.

I'm finding Dave and Connor's race thus far to be totally improbable and rather inspiring. I admire Dave for toughing it out and racing through the pain as best he can. I don't think they will last much longer though. I hope you can hang in there and enjoy the race once Dave and Connor are gone.

ovalorange:
I honestly wouldn't mind them if it wasn't the "David & Connor's Amazing Adventure in a moon boot (+ bonus footage of 8 other teams racing around the world)". It's not them I don't like David & Connor as people, it's the fact that their whole ordeal is rammed down my throat for a full 10 minutes every episode, for four straight legs. I also kinda don't like how they're portrayed to be so inspirational and defy-all-the-odds people when they're clearly just as competent as everyone else - they've won two legs with a moon boot for god sake. It's not like they're struggling or anything :res: Nice people, I get it. But their edit is extremely irritating.

I seriously cannot wait until they're booted so I can actually get to know the other teams.

Declive:
Dave & Connor get all the attention. That's it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version