Author Topic: Ep 7 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary *start: 800PM or later* note rules  (Read 20252 times)

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
James & Abba are team #4, but they need their passports. They cannot check in. Phil says they need to produce the passports. :stare

TO BE CONTINUED? ARE YOU KIDDING ME. :res:

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
WHAT IS THIS. :gaah: I CAN'T HANDLE THIS SUSPENSE.

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative

WHAT THE HECK!!!!  :iok :iok :iok :iok :iok :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah:
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood

WHAT THE HECK!!!!  :iok :iok :iok :iok :iok :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah:

WHAT'S WITH THIS TO BE CONTINUED THING?

It's never happened before, right? :o
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
James & Abba are team #4, but they need their passports. They cannot check in. Phil says they need to produce the passports. :stare

TO BE CONTINUED? ARE YOU KIDDING ME. :res:

NO WAY!!!   :gaah:
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline selfeviction

• RFF Frantic Poster
I predict Leg 7 James & Abba get eliminated and Leg 8 Non-elimination

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
WHAT THA HELL?
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Magnus

• RFF Full Member
I wonder if they had to TBC it because team #1 will be released before someone is eliminated, a la TAR10.

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
We could either see one team gets eliminated in the middle of episode next week, which is really bad :res:

OR this leg is NEL, so there will be Speed Bump.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Next week on The Amazing Race...

The rockers search for their passport. James (of the Chips) feels the pressure. He's doing some sort of routine in a military outfit? He's sweating a lot. Ryan is put to the test. He's writing something with a pencil and paper, and there's a studious-looking guy (clue-giver?) who keeps rejecting him? Seems like the roadblock.

Offline selfeviction

• RFF Frantic Poster
I wonder if they had to TBC it because team #1 will be released before someone is eliminated, a la TAR10.
I think you mean the Allstars season (TAR 11)

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Loved today's episode. It was quite strong. THe coach is the new Russian baker :lol3:

The Russian baker was funny. The Russian coach was just mean. :stare

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
Aaaahhh..!!!

That guy on the twitter live sightings thing is helping the rockers..!!  :yourock: :yourock: :jam: :jam:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Well, we don't know whether leg 7 is or is not an elimination. But I don't think we'll be leaving Moscow without an NEL.

The detour, both sides of it, were hilarious. The swim coach was excellent as a judge, she did seem to be very consistent about what she would accept.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
What a good episode tonight!

(although I only watched the first half of the episode since my connection is really slow the last half :lol:)

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
I wish they would have just eliminated whoever and just ended the leg. There is honestly no reason to span the leg into next episode. We don't need to see the unabridged version of James & Abba search for their passports.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
 :gaah: "To be [freaking] continued..." :gaah:

In the preview, it looked like Ryan will be doing a court case mystery Roadblock.

:cheer: I love the military "cheerleading" routine bit.  :cheer:  :lol3:
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
 :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

I wonder if this leg was originally planned to be a keep racing leg or an actual TBC leg but production decided not to because of the missed flight.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
Aaaahhh..!!!

That guy on the twitter live sightings thing is helping the rockers..!!  :yourock: :yourock: :jam: :jam:

Show me that!! Please!

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
I wish they would have just eliminated whoever and just ended the leg. There is honestly no reason to span the leg into next episode. We don't need to see the unabridged version of James & Abba search for their passports.

Even better, a special 90-minute episode. You do have a point there though.

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
Aaaahhh..!!!

Show me that!! Please!

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
Ooooh , i see it now!! Thank you ZouLy!

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern

OMG. They used my belarusian library task in my TAR Design challenge...  :o :o :o

They are watching you !!   :hoot:

Keep it up  :tup:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Having to use the Cyrillic alphabet to do that task was a real b****. I was familiar with that as I took one course in Russian one summer, and that would have been enough not to be so intimidated by it. But I will say, Trey and Lexi did a really good job figuring out how to use the old-fashioned card catalog to work the task, even though they did not know what sounds most of the Cyrillic alphabet represented, and the order of letters in that alphabet. Trey also did a really good job figuring out that roadblock as well, figuring out what kind of lock might be right for the keys on the key chain.
-- theschnauzers

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
Well it was pretty obvious by two thirds through this that it had to be a continuing leg of some sort, either that or they hardly showed any of the two last placed teams doing tasks.  So it was a bit of a surpise when Phil didn't tell the leading team to carry on.  Still a continuing leg of sorts though I suppose.

The detour was good.  I expected though that the judge would be quite lenient with the synchronized swimming (just like the Bollywood dance in the last season).  The library task looked the easier one to do, and actually on the side of one of the filing cabinets did appear to be the Russian alphabet in alphabetical order, but I'm not sure either team noticed it.  That was the whole of the leg though, the locks in the tree wasn't really that big a deal.

Taxis again having a big role to play here, going off with a team's belongings.  It's hardly the first time a taxi has left without waiting for a team but I don't remember them doing it while having a team's backpacks with them.  I never like taxis deciding the race.

As for the plane drama it was nice not to see them all on the same plane for once even if two teams got left behind.  I understood them deciding to keep with each other, that is up until they waited for a team to complete a detour.  I didn't get that at all, it's a race.  I thought they meant they would just go to the cluebox and choose the same detour together not that they would wait for each other to complete a task, as that makes no sense.

Overall I liked Lexi a bit more this episode, no loud annoying 'yays!' that I remember.  Trey is still boring.  Abi and Ryan though obviously meant to be the baddies are probably one of the few interesting team dynamics in this race.  The other teams I'm not sure I care about that much right now.  Funniest moment though was probably when Phil shouted out very happily 'you're team number 3!!!' to the twins and their response was so downbeat, or them sniping at each other at the tree.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 06:18:34 AM by starrynight »