Author Topic: TAR 21 Ep 10 "Not a Well-Rounded Athlete"  (Read 49172 times)

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
Re: TAR 21 Ep 10 "Not a Well-Rounded Athlete"
« Reply #75 on: November 29, 2012, 01:38:17 PM »
Yes, it's the beach next to the Barcelona Harbour.

Another one missed by seconds. I'm stopping. :lol3:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #76 on: November 29, 2012, 01:44:56 PM »
Interesting tweet from Natalie!

Natalie Anderson
Fun at the beach in Barcelona from this weeks episode! http://instagr.am/p/SmtDbPHjst/

Looks as though teams fly to Barcelona and get a ferry to Palma! There's a beach very close to the terminal so it seems as though teams are killing time waiting for the ferry..

Here's the photo comparison:

And it fits with this:

what I suspect should be Palma.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #77 on: November 29, 2012, 01:48:45 PM »

:yess:  Centro de Tecnificación de Tenis de Manacor

....not so hard to find...  :lol:

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: November 29, 2012, 02:20:41 PM »

:yess:  Got it!

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #79 on: November 29, 2012, 02:26:54 PM »

In Detour B, Dating Couple Lexi (left) and Trey (right) must run an obstacle course through the capes of eight Matadors while dressed as a bull in order to receive the next clue, on THE AMAZING RACE. Photo: CBS ©2012 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

In Detour A, Twins Natalie (top) and Nadiya (bottom) must repair a windmill in order to receive the next clue, on THE AMAZING RACE. Photo: CBS ©2012 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Chippendale Friends Jaymes (left) and James (right) must find "The Devil" at D'Alt Murda in order to receive the next clue, on THE AMAZING RACE. Photo: CBS ©2012 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

In this Road Block, Goat Farmers/Life Partners Josh (left) and Brent (right) must successfully return twenty tennis balls in order to receive the next clue, on THE AMAZING RACE. Photo: CBS ©2012 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 03:00:54 PM by Kandace »

Offline Georgianna

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #80 on: November 29, 2012, 04:25:00 PM »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #81 on: November 29, 2012, 04:27:10 PM »
Looks like the Twinnies were learning how to drive stick here:  Street View

Also, note that the Acciona 7:00 am ferry is coming in.  So that means they arrived on the Barcos 6:30 am ferry.  Both left Barcelona at 11:00 pm the night before.

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #82 on: November 29, 2012, 04:44:38 PM »
I'm triyng to find D'Alt Murda, but the only close reference is Dalt Murada.  What is interesting about this, is that the place where the twins are in the caps is near Dalt Murada.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #83 on: November 29, 2012, 05:38:25 PM »
This is part of an article I found researching about the windmills on Mallorca, and I think that provides an approximate location of the second Detour:

"The windmills we see when landing at the airport in Palma, Mallorca's most symbolic, are windmills to draw water. There are about 2500 of these, almost entirely concentrated around southern towns such as Palma, Campos and Ses Salines, or toward the center of the island, near Sa Pobla and Muro. They are characterized by their "arrow" and is used to pump water to a "sofret" or water tank."

Muro is the town where the bullfighting Detour is located.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #84 on: November 29, 2012, 05:53:42 PM »
Ok. Here's a map with all the locations we have:

A.-  Mallorca Port.
B.-  Dalt Murada
C.-  Campanet Caves
D.-  Muro (Detour Bullfighting /Maybe Windmill?)
E.-  Sa Pobla (Detour Windmill?)
F.-  Manacor (RB)
G.-  Bellver Castell (Pit Stop).

It's a spec; but if the order of the tasks are the same in the map, we've got a triangle.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #85 on: November 29, 2012, 07:03:02 PM »
We still have that mystery ferry in the caps... (I don't think we ever 100% confirmed it? ??? )

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #86 on: November 29, 2012, 07:04:40 PM »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #87 on: November 29, 2012, 07:08:39 PM »
Great job Chateau!! Did we KNOW they caught a ferry in Barcelona before? :iok

And thanks for the MAP Alenavada!!  :wohoo:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #88 on: November 29, 2012, 07:27:16 PM »
Peach, probably Chateau will provide you with better info, but the avenue where the girls are in the cap is the same you must use to go to the Palma Port, and if you make a Google map route search between point A and B of the map, you can see that the route goes through this same point.  So I tend to agree with Chateau about that point.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #89 on: November 29, 2012, 07:37:11 PM »
It was Dom El who found the Twinnie post about beaching in Barcelona, the waiting for ferry, etc.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #90 on: November 29, 2012, 07:42:36 PM »
It was Dom El who found the Twinnie post about beaching in Barcelona, the waiting for ferry, etc.

But you posted the time data of the ferry, that's what I was talking about. 
Anyway, something else to support the theory:  PMI is in the Sant Jordi area, 12 miles away from Palma, in the opposite direction from the Port.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #91 on: November 29, 2012, 07:43:13 PM »

Natalie Anderson
Fun at the beach in Barcelona from this weeks episode! http://instagr.am/p/SmtDbPHjst/

Looks as though teams fly to Barcelona and get a ferry to Palma! There's a beach very close to the terminal so it seems as though teams are killing time waiting for the ferry..

I was hunting all around Mallorca for the big curved hotel!   :gaah:

Glad you thought of Barcelona!

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #92 on: November 29, 2012, 08:10:18 PM »

Natalie Anderson

If teams start in Amsterdam, then they will want to fly to Mallorca direct. In order to take a ferry, they would have to get to Barcelona first, so why not bypass that and fly directly to Mallorca?

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #93 on: November 29, 2012, 08:14:06 PM »
Yes, it's the beach next to the Barcelona Harbour.

Another one missed by seconds. I'm stopping. :lol3:

Coming back from Mallorca is the obvious time to go to Barcelona since the Talgo Train to France departs from there (also Madrid but that doesn't count in this discussion). Taking the ferry back to Barcelona is one of 2 alternatives, flying being the other.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #94 on: November 29, 2012, 09:18:36 PM »
apskip, I don`t want to argue with you, but in all the promos - you can check on post 2 - the beach scenes appears as belonging to this leg of the race. 
I remember your specs on the Transportation thread about flights and ferries, and one spec comes to me - it's a spec, ok?, as wild as it sounds -:  what if teams has to pick - from some logistical reasons - the cars in Barcelona (maybe at El Prat) and not in Palma and then travel to Mallorca using the ferry - as in TAR2 -?

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #95 on: November 29, 2012, 09:23:34 PM »

Natalie Anderson

If teams start in Amsterdam, then they will want to fly to Mallorca direct. In order to take a ferry, they would have to get to Barcelona first, so why not bypass that and fly directly to Mallorca?

Well, it's easy, maybe producers just dropped the first route info as "Fly to Barcelona and get to some place (e.g. some Gaudi's architecture) to collect your next clue", then the next clue will direct teams to take ferry to Mallorca. In this way they can make sure they got the ferry part involved in the travel, and can let time to bunch the teams up!

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #96 on: November 29, 2012, 09:59:08 PM »
You guys did a terrific job on the ferries.

I started with a data point that I am familiar with. That was the tweet from the guy that was on the crew. He woke up at 5 am and had a 6 am call time on set. To me that meant they were not expecting any teams till about 7 am. That is too early to leave Amsterdam on that morning. If they had flown from Amsterdam direct to Mallorca, they would have had later set call times.

Looking at the flights from AMS to BCN, it was pretty obvious that there were more than enough flights to get all the teams to Barcelona and to Mallorca for a bunching point somewhere. I just didn't figure in the ferry aspect. I figure it was about a 24 hour pit stop in Amsterdam and teams released about 2 pm. Could be sooner, but 24 hours seemed about right.

Even though we think this leg is most likely a NEL, I got to thinking it would be nice if it was an old fashioned TBC and they get a clue to take their car on a ferry back to Barcelona and catch the train for Chartes there!
Matthew 7:15

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #97 on: November 30, 2012, 12:12:42 AM »

Chippendale Friends Jaymes (left) and James (right) must find "The Devil" at D'Alt Murda in order to receive the next clue, on THE AMAZING RACE. Photo: CBS ©2012 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

I say this could be a small place that is just next to the cathedral. Can someone search for the exact place?? I remember being there for sure, and I am 99% sure it is that one... But did not know that was the name...

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #98 on: November 30, 2012, 04:34:11 AM »

I say this could be a small place that is just next to the cathedral. Can someone search for the exact place?? I remember being there for sure, and I am 99% sure it is that one... But did not know that was the name...

I think David's got it! Compare where the Chips are standing with this view:

This was taken on the steps of the Cathedral of Santa Maria of Palma. I've got no idea where the D'Alt Murda comes from, which doesn't seem to match up with anything nearby (Dalt Murada is a few blocks away).

Offline Amazing Race Fan!

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #99 on: November 30, 2012, 12:25:31 PM »
Do we have any facts on the order of finish for this leg?  I know we think its a NEL and that the Twinies go out in 4th place but that doesn't mean they have to finish last this leg?  Is there time in this leg for Josh and Brent to catch up or are they saved by another NEL.

I was thinking the order of finish for just this leg may go something like this:

1. Chips
2. Trey & Lexi
3. Twinies
4. Josh and Brent (saved by a NEL and crawl into final three next episode)