Author Topic: TAR 21 Ep 10 "Not a Well-Rounded Athlete"  (Read 49177 times)

Offline GMR 602

• RFF Full Member
Re: TAR 21 Ep 10 "Not a Well-Rounded Athlete"
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2012, 11:39:28 PM »
I want to see another FF before the race ends.... :conf:

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2012, 11:42:48 PM »
Could be the windmill..

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2012, 07:16:58 AM »
Well, the great number of windmills for water extraction are in the Sant Jordi area, around 12 miles from Palma. But windmills are all over the island.  If the task is in Sant Jordi, it could be a FF, specially when the Caves of Campanet and the Muro Bullring (what we believe is one side of the Detour) are on the north side of Mallorca.  :duno:
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline bc922

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2012, 03:54:15 PM »
RACERS VOLLEY THEIR WAY THROUGH SPAIN TO RAFAEL NADAL’S PRACTICE COURTS, WHILE ANOTHER TEAM DRAWS BLOOD IN A BULLRING, ON “THE AMAZING RACE,” SUNDAY, DEC. 2

CHEAT TWEET: Final 4 travel 2 @RafaelNadal’s practice courts in Spain, but who will hold serve? #AmazingRace 12/2 830pmET/8pm PT http://bit.ly/VbStOF 

“Not a Well-Rounded Athlete” – The final four Teams arrive in Spain and travel to Rafael Nadal’s practice courts for a volleying Roadblock.  Also, one Team draws blood after getting bullish with a Detour, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, Dec. 2 (8:30-9:30 PM, ET / 8:00-9:00 PM, PT) on the CBS Television Network.  Emmy Award nominee Phil Keoghan is the host.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2012, 06:48:35 PM »
Phil, meet Rafael!

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2012, 07:23:58 PM »
 :lol:

Unfortunatly , Nadal's been injured , from about 5 months now...i hope he can come back soon.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2012, 07:35:05 PM »
Phil, meet Rafael!

Sorry Chateau, but Rafa was occupied doing something else... what was he doing that week?

Oh, yes!  Winning the French Open!

:lol:
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2012, 07:38:40 PM »
I thought that ended on the 11th of June?
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #58 on: November 28, 2012, 07:43:17 PM »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2012, 09:41:20 PM »
Okay!

I give up!

and there is the hair ... ?   :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2012, 12:20:05 AM »
New TV Promo up!^^
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2012, 02:14:40 AM »
"Why a tennis roadblock in Spain?"

Mallorca = Where Nadal was born.

And also , Spain is where we have the biggest number of high quality tennis players , like Nadal , Ferrer , Almagro , Verdasco , Ferrero , Granollers , Feliciano Lopez , and many more!  :conf:

YEAH! Those were the plans for my TAR:Spain season too. Tennis in Mallorca (even though I changed that).

Spain is really needed for a re-visit. But for a second time in the history of the show, I would not have chosen Mallorca, basically because there's a lot of places made for foreign people, there are towns in which 90% of the inhabitants are foreigners, and I think that the culture of Spain could be featured in any other place somehow better. I also see a bull related task, and I do not think that Mallorca is famous for bulls... at all. Maybe Seville, or any pther southern city, but definitely not Mallorca.

We could expect a great sightseeing of the historic centre (I was there a couple of years ago, and I like it), and maybe some beaches. The tennis, I would place it in Manacor, the village in which Nadal was born (and probably where he used to train too). I do not know. I'll have to watch the episode before saying anything else.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2012, 05:26:08 AM »

And also , Spain is where we have the biggest number of high quality tennis players , like Nadal , Ferrer , Almagro , Verdasco , Ferrero , Granollers , Feliciano Lopez , and many more!  :conf:

YEAH! Those were the plans for my TAR:Spain season too. Tennis in Mallorca (even though I changed that).

Spain is really needed for a re-visit. But for a second time in the history of the show, I would not have chosen Mallorca, basically because there's a lot of places made for foreign people, there are towns in which 90% of the inhabitants are foreigners, and I think that the culture of Spain could be featured in any other place somehow better. I also see a bull related task, and I do not think that Mallorca is famous for bulls... at all. Maybe Seville, or any pther southern city, but definitely not Mallorca.

We could expect a great sightseeing of the historic centre (I was there a couple of years ago, and I like it), and maybe some beaches. The tennis, I would place it in Manacor, the village in which Nadal was born (and probably where he used to train too). I do not know. I'll have to watch the episode before saying anything else.

It looks like the Twinnies are in the Caves of Campanet
Nice find. It's better than Drac for a possible north-island Detour (Blow/Bull), considering the Muro bullring that Alenaveda found.

Manacor fits perfect on Slowhatch spec.  It's 45 minutes from the Caves of Campanet in the north part of the island.

Offline Georgianna

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2012, 07:35:18 AM »

It looks like the Twinnies are in the Caves of Campanet
Nice find. It's better than Drac for a possible north-island Detour (Blow/Bull), considering the Muro bullring that Alenaveda found.

Manacor fits perfect on Slowhatch spec.  It's 45 minutes from the Caves of Campanet in the north part of the island.
According to this report from Reuters, Mr. Nadal does indeed train on practice courts in his hometown (Manacor).

So, I don't think that a 'Bravo!' for all of you is at all premature ... :)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2012, 09:49:20 AM »
here is a list of ALL tennis clubs in Mallorca, in case anyone wants to photo match!

http://www.ftib.net/ftib_clubs.php
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2012, 12:19:59 PM »
The Amazing Race - Not a Well-Rounded Athlete(Preview)

The final four Teams arrive in Spain and travel to Rafael Nadal's practice courts for a volleying Roadblock. Also, one Team draws blood after getting bullish with a Detour, on the next episode of The Amazing Race airing Sunday at 8/7c.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/IMzZmTuaU8E" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/IMzZmTuaU8E</a>

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2012, 12:28:41 PM »
Same preview, they just changed the name. 

Come on CBS...... :res:

All previews to date are up in post #2.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2012, 12:33:08 PM »
Thank you, Peach. I was about to post to say it's the same preview. I thought it was a new one when I posted it. Everybody, disregard post #66, not a new one!

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2012, 12:33:55 PM »
What can be seen in the back of the confessionals is the Mallorca Cathedral, seen behind Lexi's neck.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #69 on: November 29, 2012, 12:36:45 PM »
What can be seen in the back of the confessionals is the Mallorca Cathedral, seen behind Lexi's neck.

I suspect that the Confessionals are made from the Castell de Bellver, which could easily be the pitstop too. You may fond some google or Panoramio pictures from the exact point of the Castell de Bellver which seem to be the same angle, which takes some ships and things of the harbour, and the Cathedral in the far.

Image taken from Bellver, can be seen in Google Maps.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 12:42:02 PM by David. »

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #70 on: November 29, 2012, 12:49:56 PM »
Well, I may also say that, about the tasks locations, I think there's not much problem with tasks being all around the island. Maybe, the longest distance from point to point in an island could very well be about an hour and a half or so, if you do not get into the lostest town in a corner. Main tourist attractions can be dispersed, and Manacor is right in the middle-east part of the island, but with a good road direct to Palma de Mallorca, the Capital and where the Pitstop is.

I am going to see the videos and see if I can figure something else out.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #71 on: November 29, 2012, 12:54:22 PM »
OMG. I just found out that some of you got things and I didn't see them. :lol3: I'm just stupid.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #72 on: November 29, 2012, 01:00:09 PM »
OMG. I just found out that some of you got things and I didn't see them. :lol3: I'm just stupid.

Hey! You play home, talking about Spain.  And is a lot of work finding that pic with the exact view that matches the confessionals.

(And BTW, I did the same things in the Intro thread with Bellver, I posted the info as new, and Boingo already identified it previously  :lol: )

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #73 on: November 29, 2012, 01:19:06 PM »
Interesting tweet from Natalie!

Natalie Anderson
Fun at the beach in Barcelona from this weeks episode! http://instagr.am/p/SmtDbPHjst/

Looks as though teams fly to Barcelona and get a ferry to Palma! There's a beach very close to the terminal so it seems as though teams are killing time waiting for the ferry..

Here's the photo comparison:

« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 01:35:47 PM by Dom El »

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #74 on: November 29, 2012, 01:32:30 PM »
Eh?!

Natalie Anderson
Fun at the beach in Barcelona from this weeks episode! http://instagr.am/p/SmtDbPHjst/

You can go from Barcelona to Mallorca by plane or by ferry.  Maybe they were spending the layover on the beach.