Author Topic: TAR 21 Ep 9 "Fishy Kiss"  (Read 40247 times)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 21 Ep 9 "Fishy Kiss"
« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2012, 10:40:59 AM »
I hope that teams do exactly what they did in AR12, episode 2. That was to take the #30 bus to Ransdorp. What is the point of self-driving in a major metropolitan area, which creates possibilities of accidents?

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2012, 11:38:08 AM »
A FF could shake things up too.....

Doing the map I noticed something: the bus task (caps 23. 24 & 25) is too far from the U-Turn site to be a side of the Detour, specially when the Chips were on Herengraft performing what it looks like one of the Detours and that place is close to Geelvinck (U-T site).  Could it be the bus a FF instead of a Detour?
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2012, 12:29:46 PM »
Thank you for the caps, I am behind thanks to 22 :lol: !

Note that we only see this team on the bus.... right? So yes, this could well be the FF! (darn easy for the team if so though, just RIDE?)

Thumbnails, clickclick to enlarge:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2012, 12:34:57 PM »
I hope that teams do exactly what they did in AR12, episode 2. That was to take the #30 bus to Ransdorp. What is the point of self-driving in a major metropolitan area, which creates possibilities of accidents?

The old TAR 12 has all our spoilers still:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,13841.0.html

I can remember how excited we were to find Ransdorp!!

Some of the pics are gone because **coughcough** people did not EMBED their pics, but puddin's lovely ep summary is still there!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2012, 12:53:38 PM »

The old TAR 12 has all our spoilers still:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,13841.0.html

I can remember how excited we were to find Ransdorp!!

Some of the pics are gone because **coughcough** people did not EMBED their pics, but puddin's lovely ep summary is still there!

Something else about apskip post:  I search for the #30 bus on Google - I didn't know about the TAR12 thread -, but the route of the bus start at Buikslotermeerplein in North Amsterdam, that is in the same sense of direction of the Sheepvaart Museum, and all the bus stops in the city - according to the website I found - are in the same area.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2012, 03:21:34 PM »
Could The Olympic Stadium be the Pitstop????

Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2012, 07:10:25 PM »

I am hoping for the "you need to lose weight" carts again to somewhere else in Ransdorp, possibly further and just as difficult... TK & Rachel... than the marina PS.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2012, 11:18:09 AM »

I am hoping for the "you need to lose weight" carts again to somewhere else in Ransdorp, possibly further and just as difficult... TK & Rachel... than the marina PS.

No new countries in a Season, is one thing but to have PS. that they have had before is ridicules!!!!

I`am so happy that the recognise the flag, and go there is back!!!!
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2012, 02:50:47 PM »
From CBS...

Goat Farmers/Life Partners Josh (left) and Brent (right) travel by boat to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE.

In an attempt to get the Fast Forward, Twins Natalie (left) and Nadiya (right) must ride on The Floating Dutchman and eat ten herring before it reaches land on THE AMAZING RACE.

Dating Divorcees Abbie (left) and Ryan (right) travel by boat to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE.

In Detour B, Chippendale Friends James (left) and Jaymes (right) must earn thirty Euros while playing a Dutch street organ in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2012, 03:21:16 PM »
From CBS...

Goat Farmers/Life Partners Josh (left) and Brent (right) travel by boat to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE.

In an attempt to get the Fast Forward, Twins Natalie (left) and Nadiya (right) must ride on The Floating Dutchman and eat ten herring before it reaches land on THE AMAZING RACE.

Dating Divorcees Abbie (left) and Ryan (right) travel by boat to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE.

In Detour B, Chippendale Friends James (left) and Jaymes (right) must earn thirty Euros while playing a Dutch street organ in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE.

A FF could shake things up too.....

Doing the map I noticed something: the bus task (caps 23. 24 & 25) is too far from the U-Turn site to be a side of the Detour, specially when the Chips were on Herengraft performing what it looks like one of the Detours and that place is close to Geelvinck (U-T site).  Could it be the bus a FF instead of a Detour?

Thank you for the caps, I am behind thanks to 22 :lol: !

Note that we only see this team on the bus.... right? So yes, this could well be the FF! (darn easy for the team if so though, just RIDE?)

Thumbnails, clickclick to enlarge:

:hoot:   :yess: to Peach and me.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2012, 03:33:30 PM »
"De Nieuwe Gerrit" behind the Beekmans spots this as being on the Singel (viewpoint).

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2012, 03:34:39 PM »
BTW, we have references to all the previous legs in Netherland.

The bus task in near the Sheepvaart Museum, TAR4.
The RB is a switchback from TAR12.
The FF includes eating herrings, as one of the Detours - Farmer's Dance - of TAR15.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #62 on: November 21, 2012, 03:38:00 PM »
"De Nieuwe Gerrit" behind the Beekmans spots this as being on the Singel (viewpoint).

In the same area of the locations we had identified previously.

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2012, 03:44:14 PM »
Good job Peach & Slowhatch! Beat me to the boat :b
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 03:52:48 PM by Kandace »

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: November 21, 2012, 07:20:56 PM »
Ride and then eat herring? That sounds like a hybrid of season 15's Farmers' Dance Detour with the season 12 vehicle stunt Roadblock in Taiwan, but with more herring... :stare
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

NoluckBoston

« Reply #65 on: November 21, 2012, 08:56:48 PM »
All day I was trying to find out more info about where Ryan and Abby and Josh and Brent might be in their boats.
Josh and Brent are seen here.
http://goo.gl/maps/16S7r
You can see the Das Nieuwe Gerrit behind them.

I was able to pin down the boat behind Ryan and Abby as this company.
http://www.rederijkooij.nl/en/
They have a dock at near the Central Station.
"Reederij P. Kooij - Central Station location
Open from May to October from 10:00 until 16:00. Boats depart every 30 minutes on the hour and on the half-hour. Closed during the winter season."

NoluckBoston

« Reply #66 on: November 21, 2012, 09:21:23 PM »
I finally found where Abby and Ryan are.
http://goo.gl/maps/xHic3

There further down of the Singel cannal where we saw Brent and Josh.
They are on the Amstel across from the De Nederlandse Opera. Near the Best Western Eden Hotel.
If you swivel around this Google street view you can see the boat with the Gay pride Flag.
http://goo.gl/maps/0PQ6y

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #67 on: November 21, 2012, 09:26:47 PM »

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #68 on: November 21, 2012, 09:38:15 PM »
I think it's just me, but I think Abbie & Ryan are shown right next to the same street the season 12 pulley system Detour was located. :ascared

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #69 on: November 21, 2012, 09:51:11 PM »
Yes, Melkmeisjes bridge.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2012, 09:59:43 PM »
There's a new vid on CBS YouTube channel, but I can't see it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6JVUiKXM3Tg

NoluckBoston

« Reply #71 on: November 21, 2012, 10:21:41 PM »
There's a new vid on CBS YouTube channel, but I can't see it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6JVUiKXM3Tg

Its a good one too. So funny!

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #72 on: November 21, 2012, 10:23:14 PM »
Trying again....

Here's the video....

The Amazing Race - Fishy Kiss (Sneak Peek)

As the Teams arrive in Amsterdam, they come face-to-face with a game-changing Double U-Turn and encounter one of the show's most infamous challenges in this season's "Switchback,"

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/6JVUiKXM3Tg&amp;list=UUlzCn8DxRSCuMFv_WfzkcrQ&amp;index=3&amp;feature=plcp" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/6JVUiKXM3Tg&amp;list=UUlzCn8DxRSCuMFv_WfzkcrQ&amp;index=3&amp;feature=plcp</a>
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 11:20:57 PM by RealityFreakWill »

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #73 on: November 21, 2012, 11:42:08 PM »
That is freakin' hilarious!

I remember we saw photos that were either on Twitter or Facebook of Jaymes and James putting on their Chippendales stuff, and the assumption was it was a task, but I don't believe we knew they were having to "earn" money from bystanders to do it. Can't wait to see the full context of this on Sunday!
-- theschnauzers

Offline Amazing Race Fan!

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #74 on: November 22, 2012, 07:48:32 AM »
From Canada and can't watch the previews because I don't have an American IP address.

Are we sure N & N go for a fast forward?  I haven't seen much on  Trey and Lexi, maybe they go for it too??

Thoughts?