Author Topic: TAR 21 Ep 9 "Fishy Kiss"  (Read 40244 times)

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 21 Ep 9 "Fishy Kiss"
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2012, 10:37:47 AM »

FWIW, Abbie & Ryan appear to be flying in an Airbus A320, as the seats are consistent with Lufthansa Slimline economy seating.   :)

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2012, 01:34:17 PM »
Geelvinck Hinlopen House

http://www.21stcenturyamsterdam.com/blog/index.php/amsterdam-open-garden-weekend/

Can see the house in the background here

One of Amsterdam's Open Garden Weekend, which was just 4-5 days after the race came and went!
http://goo.gl/maps/0C9eM

wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Museum_Geelvinck-Hinlopen

Glad the canals are being featured! :)

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2012, 02:47:38 PM »
That does indeed look a lot like the footage!  :tup:

On the site of the museum Geelvinck Hinloopen (one of which I have never visited yet.. my friends visiting here always want to go to the Van Gogh museum, Rijksmuseum or Rembrandt house it seems :P ) it says the garden is open to the public during opening hours of the museum. :)

It's not exactly around the corner from where the teams were spotted near the Red Light District though, so presumably there will be a detour or roadblock before they get to the u-turn? :)
Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. :)

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2012, 02:52:16 PM »

On the site of the museum Geelvinck Hinloopen (one of which I have never visited yet.. my friends visiting here always want to go to the Van Gogh museum, Rijksmuseum or Rembrandt house it seems :P ) it says the garden is open to the public during opening hours of the museum. :)

It's not exactly around the corner from where the teams were spotted near the Red Light District though, so presumably there will be a detour or roadblock before they get to the u-turn? :)

Detour.  A U-T always folows a Detour. 
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2012, 02:59:57 PM »

Ah ok, haven't been watching TAR long enough to notice that pattern obviously.  :lol:
Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. :)

Offline bc922

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2012, 04:03:08 PM »
TEAMS FACE A DREADED DOUBLE U-TURN AND REVISIT ONE OF THE SHOW’S MOST INFAMOUS CHALLENGES IN THIS SEASON’S “SWITCHBACK” IN AMSTERDAM, ON “THE AMAZING RACE” NOV. 25
CHEAT TWEET: Double U-Turn awaits final 5 in Amsterdam. Who will B selected? Find out: #AmazingRace 11/25 8pmET/PT

“Fishy Kiss” – As the Teams arrive in Amsterdam, they come face-to-face with a game-changing Double U-Turn and encounter one of the show’s most infamous challenges in this season’s “Switchback,” on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, Nov. 25 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/ PT) on the CBS Television Network.  Emmy Award nominee Phil Keoghan is the host.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2012, 04:13:08 PM »

Ok.  This is a map with all the identified locations in Amsterdam (according to Google maps  :lol:):

A.-   Centraal Station             (Sightings of Twins, Beekmans and Abbie & Ryan)
B.-   Red Light Disctrict           (      "        of teams)
C.-   Prinsengracht                 (Season Extended Preview)
D.-   Herengraft                      (Season Extended Preview - Possibly Detour)
E.-   Reguliersdwarsstraat 88  (Season Extended Preview)
F.-   Geelvinck                         (Preview ep. 9 - U-Turn)
G.-   Blauwbrug                      (Intro caps)
H.-   Montelbaanstoren Tower  (Preview ep. 9)
I.-    Scheepvaart Museum     (Pre-race video - Bus scene)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 06:32:07 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2012, 04:19:28 PM »
A FF could shake things up too.....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2012, 04:21:58 PM »
Looks like they're visiting quite a few places all over the city then.  :lol:

Anybody want to hazard a guess about which of 'the most infamous challenges' they might be referring to, bearing in mind it must be done in this city?  :)

ETA: De Prinsengracht location is actually very close to Anne Frank house so maybe they go there after all, but it seems a bit much for just one episode to visit all these locations?  :duno:
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 04:25:01 PM by Topita »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2012, 04:23:29 PM »
Geelvinck Hinlopen House

http://www.21stcenturyamsterdam.com/blog/index.php/amsterdam-open-garden-weekend/

Can see the house in the background here

One of Amsterdam's Open Garden Weekend, which was just 4-5 days after the race came and went!
http://goo.gl/maps/0C9eM

wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Museum_Geelvinck-Hinlopen

Glad the canals are being featured! :)

VERY nice work Kandace!! Thanks!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2012, 05:55:03 PM »
It's official. The Switchback is the pole-vaulting task from TAR 12.

Source: New preview!

Bare Necessities

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EM919ncR7Qo&feature=plcp

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2012, 06:31:14 PM »
Looks like they're visiting quite a few places all over the city then.  :lol:

Anybody want to hazard a guess about which of 'the most infamous challenges' they might be referring to, bearing in mind it must be done in this city?  :)

ETA: De Prinsengracht location is actually very close to Anne Frank house so maybe they go there after all, but it seems a bit much for just one episode to visit all these locations?  :duno:

There is something significant about #10 Westerkirk on the Prinsengracht in Amsterdam:

Located on the grounds is a memorial to Anne Frank:  panoramio

And the home where she hid Achterhuis is behind the church , just out of view by the steeple.

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2012, 07:41:45 PM »
Thanx Alenaveda, I clearly missed some updates and posts on this matter.  :lol:
But yeah it's just around the corner in fact (I lived just a block away during my student years in fact  :))

It's a big tourist hub though usually with a big queue of tourists waiting in line so I'm not sure how they would arrange that, without being a big disturbance in some way?

Unless they made special arrangements maybe at the end of the day :)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 07:44:56 PM by Topita »

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2012, 07:47:31 PM »
It's official. The Switchback is the pole-vaulting task from TAR 12.

Source: New preview!

Bare Necessities

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EM919ncR7Qo&feature=plcp
This video is not available in your country. :(

I'm looking forward to this one though, i.e. the city variety of this..  :lol:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2012, 07:49:17 PM »
Thanx Alenaveda, I clearly missed some updates and posts on this matter.  :lol:
But yeah it's just around the corner in fact (I lived just a block away during my student years in fact  :))

It's a big tourist hub though usually with a big queue of tourists waiting in line so I'm not sure how they would arrange that, without being a big disturbance in some way?

I think is only for the presentation of the city.  After all it's an aerial view.

And here's an updated map with the comfirmation of the RB (again, according to Google maps  :lol:):

J.- Randsdorp (Switchback TAR12 RB pole-vaulting task)

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2012, 08:19:37 PM »

:lol3:

omg.. I'm sorry I'm clearly having an off day (and a very busy one  :res: )
Of course it does..  :groan:  :lol3:
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 08:24:02 PM by Topita »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2012, 10:23:57 PM »
New promo is up!! Post 2!^^
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2012, 11:50:49 PM »
U-Turn spec: Chippendales>>Texas; Texas>>Addie\Ryan

I don't see how Abbie and Ryan survive this leg unless it's another NEL. :duno:

I think that this is a non eliminations leg, and we have final five on leg 10 and then final four on leg 11.

Leaving final three on leg 12.

I may be mistaken but i am pretty sure the finale is a double episode in which the 4th place team is eliminated at the end of the 1st hour and the final 3 race in the last hour.

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2012, 12:37:09 AM »
Wow, just saw the preview, would they be dumb enough to book flight to Paris?  :lol:

Anyway Abbie/Ryan flight drama is not shown again, I start to think whether this is as crucial as last time... 

For the u-turn, it doesn't look like Jaymes/James would U-turn Trey/Lexi If Ryan/Abbie really lag behind again as it's not worth doing so... I think they may just U-turn Abbie/Ryan straight away.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2012, 01:35:53 AM »
U-Turn spec: Chippendales>>Texas; Texas>>Addie\Ryan

I don't see how Abbie and Ryan survive this leg unless it's another NEL. :duno:

I think that this is a non eliminations leg, and we have final five on leg 10 and then final four on leg 11.

Leaving final three on leg 12.

I may be mistaken but i am pretty sure the finale is a double episode in which the 4th place team is eliminated at the end of the 1st hour and the final 3 race in the last hour.

Eddie, the two hour finale will cover the last two legs. So TARfanSurvivor can be just as correct as you are.

I personally lean towards this leg being an non-elimination, keeping 5 teams as far into the Race as possible makes good sense, and then with the two hour finale, that will be the final four down to the final three for the sprint home, and that's fine by me.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2012, 01:54:16 AM »
Not only is the switchback going to be the Ditch Vaulting

It's at the same farm! :yess:

Hello Shana !!

From Youtube video
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2012, 04:59:57 AM »
hmmm

Ryan Danz ‏@RyanDanz
We started the second leg in Russia at approx 2pm ...top 3 teams around 730/8am...Next week start should be fascinating - we start day later

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2012, 05:18:10 AM »
Ah ok so they're operating a street organ :)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/BHwpIEOaBIs" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/BHwpIEOaBIs</a>

'Omg we're going to Paris!'..  :lol3:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2012, 06:44:57 AM »
Caps from the promo!

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2012, 08:38:44 AM »
Anyone else hoping that instead of taking a bus to the switchback roadblock, they drive themselves instead since there has been no self-driving yet?