Author Topic: The Ten Worst Teams in 'Amazing Race' History  (Read 93155 times)

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
Re: The Ten Worst Teams in 'Amazing Race' History
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2012, 07:02:10 AM »
My own personal top ten worst teams in TAR history:

10. Margie & Luke - only reason these people aren't higher up my list is because I loved them heaps at first, but that all changed after Guilin. Enough said.

9. Rob & Amber - Can't stand you people on whatever show you are on... :res: Seriously, have seen enough of you to last 100 lifetimes. I can't believe I was actually cheering for them the very first time I watched TAR7... Big mistake on my behalf... :lol: And LEAVE MY GODDESSES ALONE KTHX! <3

8. Art & JJ - This one is self-explanatory... :res:

7. Natalie & Nadiya - I can only use the word 'obnoxious' to sum them up. I sure hope they don't win, but if they do, they will move into 4th or 5th on this list for sure.

6. Colin & Christie - They would've made the Top Three for sure if they had won. Colin is a criminal and I wish they didn't let him out of jail... :lol: And one more thing, LEAVE MY GODDESSES ALONE KTHX! <3

5. Eric & Danielle - Couldn't stand either Eric or Danielle on their original teams and they completely ruined TAR11 by winning it, when there were some of my all-time favourites competing on it.

4. Freddy & Kendra - Racism doesn't get you far in life... but it does get you far up my list. :res:

3. Tammy & Victor - I don't understand these people. Victor was - for the large part - a tyrant-wannabe while Tammy was just whiny and not in an entertaining way.

2. Dan & Jordan - IF I HEAR 'BRO' ONE MORE TIME, I MIGHT PUNCH A HOLE THROUGH MY TV. (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;)

1. Ernie & Cindy - I'm not even going to comment. I refuse to say anything about them. That is how much I hate them. I don't know where to get started.

Oh wow, we are nearly diametrically opposites on this. Of your bottom 10, I only agree with you on Art and JJ. 5 of the teams are my season picks   :lol3:, another one I supported in the final leg. And I am quite fine with the other 3. (I'm also quite surprised that you didn't included Jon and Vic there!)

I don't hate that many teams as I used to several years ago, but here goes.

(in no particular order)

Flight Time and Big Easy
Art and JJ
Louie and Michael
Marshall and Lance
Kevin and Drew

And some that I rooted against, though I didn't particularly dislike them:

Brent and Caite
Jet and Cord
Andy and Tommy

Wow, we have very little in common! :lol3:

In fact, I really liked Flight Time & Big Easy and Louie & Michael. I definitely agree with you about Marshall & Lance and Art & JJ. I won't comment on Kevin & Drew as I haven't seen all of TAR1 and they were only around for 2 legs on All-Stars.

Actually Jonathan & Victoria are in my Top Ten/Twenty favourite teams of all time! :hearts: :lol3:

In terms of the last three teams you included (the ones you rooted against) I agree with Jet & Cord who I never liked, but I was cheering for them to win TAR16 after it became evident that Brent & Caite were no longer in contention. But I very much liked Brent & Caite and Andy & Tommy.

Oh well, at least we have like one thing in common! :lol3:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2012, 07:14:14 AM »
These are some of the WORST teams. I dislike teams like Colin and Christie, Charla and Mirna, Rob and Amber etc... BUT, they provided certain level/amount of entertainment value. These teams I mentioned above made watching the show extremely excruciating for me and at times I really contemplated if I should continue watching the season. Of course, TAR 9 was the only season ruined for me because the Hippies won. Worst season ever for me.
The only reason why I stopped watching season 9 was because of Lake & Michelle and Franry's elimination. They were the only factors that brought true TAR excitement. The hippies were a funny class act, but I was not fond of watching them for some reason. Eric & Jeremy were like the better Chris & Alex. They have the ability to race, but made racing kind of boring. Raylanda... I couldn't een remember if they were even on the race... Joseph & Monica were irritating to watch like Nate & Jen. Just my opinions.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2012, 08:39:38 AM »
My worst team (it's because I dislike this team):
1. Ari & Staella. I don't know, I think they will interesting if they make it far, I guess. But, what they did to the donkey is just :stare Even Christina said the epic title quote: Donkeys Have Souls, Too, because of their behavior.

2. Rob & Amber. I just dislike this team, with the same reason why most of people dislike them. Obnoxious, full of themselves. (:;)

3. Peter & Sarah. Sarah is okay for me, she's got a nice personality, while Peter is just (:;) I mean, watching Sarah do the tough rock climbing, while he's just laying around in a boat is just unacceptable for me.

4. Jonathan & Victoria. Yeah, everybody knew...

5. Flight Time & Big Easy. I dislike this team, honestly. They're fun sometimes, though sometimes they can be so annoying.

6. Carol & Brandy. It's because they attacked my second favorite team in season 16: Brent & Caite :lol:

TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline Felix

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2012, 03:25:14 PM »
10. Nathan & Jennifer
9. Weaver Family
8. Mark & Michael
7. Jonathan & Victoria
6. Ernie & Cindy
5. Nick & Vicki
4. Andrew & Dan
3. Dan & Jordan
2. Eric & Danielle
1. Flo & Zach

Offline amazing race fan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2012, 04:01:11 PM »
These are some of the WORST teams. I dislike teams like Colin and Christie, Charla and Mirna, Rob and Amber etc... BUT, they provided certain level/amount of entertainment value. These teams I mentioned above made watching the show extremely excruciating for me and at times I really contemplated if I should continue watching the season. Of course, TAR 9 was the only season ruined for me because the Hippies won. Worst season ever for me.
The only reason why I stopped watching season 9 was because of Lake & Michelle and Franry's elimination. They were the only factors that brought true TAR excitement. The hippies were a funny class act, but I was not fond of watching them for some reason. Eric & Jeremy were like the better Chris & Alex. They have the ability to race, but made racing kind of boring. Raylanda... I couldn't een remember if they were even on the race... Joseph & Monica were irritating to watch like Nate & Jen. Just my opinions.

I thought Season 9 had the best second half of the race that this show has ever seen. It was not too interesting the first few legs, but it got extremely interesting as the race went on. I would advise you to go back and watch the rest of the season, you are really missing out. The hostility between everyone against the hippies was like nothing the race has ever seen. It was amazing TV.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2012, 12:42:58 PM »
But if you're not a hippie fan, it will be hard to watch.

I'm sorry, but I do not get the hippies joke and don't find them funny. Just like how some people can find Jon/Vic endearing... it's based on different individuals views and perceptions... but that's another story. :stare

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2012, 02:10:33 PM »
Its funny how opinions differ, I loved all but one team on Season 9.

Other worst teams I didn't mention:
Lyn and Karilyn
Dan and Jordan (them winning  :gaah:)
Kaylani and Lisa

Offline amazing race fan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2012, 04:10:54 PM »

I'm sorry, but I do not get the hippies joke and don't find them funny. Just like how some people can find Jon/Vic endearing... it's based on different individuals views and perceptions... but that's another story. :stare

I disagree. I rooted for Eric and Jeremy the whole way, and Season 9 was my favorite season. The hippies were the team on Season 9 that got the most camera time and they were the most polarizing, but that doesn't mean that you won't like the season if you are not a fan of the hippies.

The end of Season 9 was simply great TV, regardless of who you wanted to win.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2012, 05:23:35 PM »

I thought Season 9 had the best second half of the race that this show has ever seen. It was not too interesting the first few legs, but it got extremely interesting as the race went on. I would advise you to go back and watch the rest of the season, you are really missing out. The hostility between everyone against the hippies was like nothing the race has ever seen. It was amazing TV.
The Oman to Australia to Thailand route gave in on me (mostly Australia's Perth and questionable amount of towns visit). There was just too much zig-zagging around the world like setting up Christmas lights, but back on topic, I never liked the rivalry between Joseph & Monica and BJ & Tyler. As I say again, Er & Jer were just there to fill the powerhouse role. Ray & Yolanda..... :duno:
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2012, 07:07:50 PM »
I never realised people find Ray & Yolanda to be forgetful... :duno: They're one of my favourite teams ever. :hearts:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2012, 03:35:45 AM »
I never realised people find Ray & Yolanda to be forgetful... :duno: They're one of my favourite teams ever. :hearts:

Ray & Yolanda are really awesome!  :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Random Rio (Greece Rio) over nothing <3.

Yolanda: I'll tell Michael you said hi!  :lol3:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2012, 03:49:59 AM »

I disagree. I rooted for Eric and Jeremy the whole way, and Season 9 was my favorite season. The hippies were the team on Season 9 that got the most camera time and they were the most polarizing, but that doesn't mean that you won't like the season if you are not a fan of the hippies.

The end of Season 9 was simply great TV, regardless of who you wanted to win.

Yay. Great for you that Season 9 was awesome. Whoohoo. Glad that you had one great season while I had 20 great seasons because all other seasons were better than Season 9 IMHO for me. :D

Offline Wadsy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2018, 06:55:08 PM »
There are no doubt some awful, awful teams. I don’t have a top ten because I haven’t seen TAR29 and 30 entirely. However, let’s explore:

TAR2 - Tara & Wil
TAR4 - Amanda & Chris
TAR5 - Marshall & Lance
TAR6 - Kendra of Freddy & Kendra
TAR7 - Ray & Deana
TAR8 - Most Of The teams
TAR9 - BJ & Tyler
TAR10 - Lyn & Karilyn
TAR11 - Dustin & Kandice
TAR15 - Lance & Keri
TAR16 - Dan & Jordan
TAR20 - Brendon & Rachel and Art & JJ
TAR24 - Dave & Connor and Brendon & Rachel again
TAR30 - Jessica & Cody

But... the worst team of all time for me goes to Carol & Brandy.
Wadsy

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #63 on: July 25, 2018, 01:17:16 AM »
Bourkie's Top Ten Worst Teams!
1. Flo & Zach
2. Brooke & Scott
3. Tara & Wil
4. Brendon & Rachel
5. Weaver Family
6. Carol & Brandy
7. Jessica & Cody
8. Art & JJ
9. BJ & Tyler
10. Rob & Amber

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: July 25, 2018, 03:01:18 AM »
I don't like hysterical and super hiper happy people.

That said: Becca & Floyd are on my list.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2018, 06:54:09 AM »
Bourkie's Top Ten Worst Teams!
1. Flo & Zach

what

Gra1162

« Reply #66 on: July 25, 2018, 10:38:00 AM »

10. Rob & Amber
Am I the only one that likes Rob and Amber  :lol:

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: July 25, 2018, 10:49:53 AM »
Gary/Will Tar21 = worst team for me.

Offline LFelix

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #68 on: July 25, 2018, 01:34:23 PM »
Chris & Alex
Flo & Zach
Freddy & Kendra
Jonathan & Victoria
Eric & Jeremy
Joseph & Monica
Nathan & Jennifer
Caroline & Jennifer
Dave & Connor
Jet & Cord
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 01:42:53 PM by LFelix »

Offline LFelix

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #69 on: July 25, 2018, 01:44:07 PM »
10. Nathan & Jennifer
9. Weaver Family
8. Mark & Michael
7. Jonathan & Victoria
6. Ernie & Cindy
5. Nick & Vicki
4. Andrew & Dan
3. Dan & Jordan
2. Eric & Danielle
1. Flo & Zach

Well,my list changed a LOT in 6 years...

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: July 26, 2018, 03:17:46 AM »
Worst team : Dave & Connor (S24)
I cannot tolerate Dave's whine for being old. He is such a strong racer but he always demand some of the other teams to help them when they a little bit slow. Him being angry at JJ at the end of the leg 6 footrace as JJ did not want to let them get 3rd place is something I can never accept, not to the mention of Dave whine over everything at the end of the season after being u-turned. :groan:

There are no specific order for the following 9 teams. However, the reasons why I think they are the worst is a little bit different:

a. For being annoying (a.k.a. Camera-focused people)
1. Tyler & Korey (s28)
2. BJ & Tyler (s9)
3. Flight time & Big Easy (s15, 18, they are boring in s24)

b. For being cocky / obnoxious
4. Justin & Diana (s27)
5. Jet & Cord (s16 & 18, They are more tolerable in s24)
6. Art & JJ (s20)

c. For being bad to each others
7. Jonathan & Victoria (s6)

d. For being bad to other teams
8. Cody & Jessica (s30)
9. Ray & Deana (s7)

Online Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #71 on: July 28, 2018, 08:25:49 PM »
For the record, I define "worst" as the teams I can't stand watching.

1. Charla & Mirna
2. Weaver Family
3. Jonathan & Victoria
4. Carol & Brandy
5. Eric & Jeremy
6. Lynn & Alex
7. Art & J.J.
8. Kelly & Jon
9. Nick & Vicki
10. Kelly & Christy

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #72 on: August 03, 2018, 10:46:09 AM »
If I were picking the 10 worst teams, I'd have to choose them from the teams that were eliminated on the first leg. I figure if you lasted 1 or 2 legs, then you had some slight ability and weren't the worst. Of the teams that were eliminated first, I couldn't pick a list of 10 because after all this time, I don't remember half of them. A strong contender for worst would be Eric and Lisa from TAR 15. They were the victims of a starting leg elimination and never even left Los Angeles. They were so angry about it that they refused to go to sequester and left for a trip to India instead.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #73 on: August 03, 2018, 03:19:31 PM »
For the record, I define "worst" as the teams I can't stand watching.

Me too! Dave & Connor are on this too.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #74 on: June 16, 2019, 08:05:12 AM »
a. For being annoying (a.k.a. Camera-focused people)
1. Tyler & Korey (s28)
2. BJ & Tyler (s9)
3. Flight time & Big Easy (s15, 18, they are boring in s24)

HUH?...
all those team are so much fun and funny, do u hate fun or something?

Don't take it personally though, it's their opinion.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 04:51:02 PM by georgiapeach »
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies