Author Topic: Canceled Legs  (Read 24475 times)

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
Canceled Legs
« on: November 04, 2012, 07:06:32 PM »
ik there is a place on the forum somewhere that talks about this, but i cant seem to find it... can you guys help me either a. find it or b. list the canceled legs and why? (im writting a paper about reality televison for my english class) thanks in advanced. and enjoy TAR tonight

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: Canceled Legs
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 08:24:34 PM »
ik there is a place on the forum somewhere that talks about this, but i cant seem to find it... can you guys help me either a. find it or b. list the canceled legs and why? (im writting a paper about reality televison for my english class) thanks in advanced. and enjoy TAR tonight

Laos- S19
Belize -S8 (Due to hurricane Emily)
Istanbul - S5

Those are the ones I can think of

i can u use s8 as my example thanks

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 08:37:20 PM »
Tanzania, season 11....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 09:07:46 PM »
Buenos Aires - TAR2 (due to economic crisis at the time)

Japan - TAR5

Half of its routes of TAR15 had cut off due to H1N1 virus:
Seoul, South Korea (the supposed first destination city) replaced Tokyo, Japan
Ghana and Rio de Janeiro, Brazil - season 15, but they eventually visited in seasons 17 and 18.
One of the Balkan states (excluding Croatia, Greece, Romania and Thrace, Turkey) replaced Netherlands/Sweden legs also in season 15.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 09:26:41 PM by ApprenticeFan »

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 09:17:25 PM »
Interesting Korea and Ghana were on S17 together. When you say half what else was cut.

I assume Europe replaced Ghana/Rio? And Buenos AIres was ironically replaced by Rio?

No.

Leafsfan, here are the cancellation legs list:

From Survivor Sucks on "Alternate Countries" thread in The Amazing Race forum:
1. Queenstown, NZ replaced Buenos Aires, Argentina in TAR2 due to sudden political instability. (The legs between Brazil and New Zealand were moved forward one in the order while they were planning on the run -- it's not a coincidence that leg has weird structure, or that the campervans were so out of place, that was the best they could do on ~18 days notice. It also caused the issues the teams had getting to South Africa -- from Buenos Aires, teams would likely have been able to organise tickets on the direct flight eventually used in TAR7 and TAR11.)

2. Dubai, UAE replaced Istanbul, Turkey in TAR5 due to the terrorist attacks in Moscow as the race was in St. Petersburg. (As before, the other legs were moved forward in the order -- Istanbul was leg 5 and Cairo was leg 6 -- but since they were trying so hard both for a pseudo-Middle-East leg and to sidestep mainland south-east Asia they couldn't hold it off any longer.)

3. The two Philippines legs in TAR5 replaced two Japan legs due to redtape being impossible for them to sort out.

4. Macau, China replaced Arusha, Tanzania in TAR11 because of the issues teams were having getting around the lack of flights in the middle of the Hajj. (Zanzibar itself was always planned, but they'd originally planned Zanzibar as a mid-leg side trip with the Pit Stop back on the mainland, which is what caused the stress when it was moved.)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 09:25:15 PM by ApprenticeFan »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012, 09:19:42 PM »
Tanzania, season 11....

Technically moved  :duno:

Canceeled. Relocated. Whatever. We didn't get it.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2012, 09:48:47 PM »
Thanks so much guys i now have what i need to complete my essay  :conf:

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2012, 09:18:13 AM »
Wow, I didn't know that about Season 5. How were the countries moved around in 15?

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2012, 11:53:55 AM »
The Speedbump in Sweden was... :res: It took 5 minutes. -_-

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2012, 12:32:41 PM »
The Speedbump in Sweden was... :res: It took 5 minutes. -_-

Which seems like 5 minutes to : Eat Turkish Ice Cream , Unlink a Rope , Serve Tea , Coin Toss and Drink Absinthe  :res: :res: :res:
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2012, 12:36:55 PM »
I didn't know Philippines in TAR 5 was a replacement of the originally planned Japan legs.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2012, 03:46:41 PM »
Wow about The Philippines.  We almost didn't get one of the most classic TAR moments ever!

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2012, 07:58:23 PM »
Wow, I didn't know that about Season 5. How were the countries moved around in 15?

Japan replaced South Korea
Netherlands/Estonia/Sweden replaced Balkan State/Rio/Ghana.

It seems true because no plane between Sweden or Estonia and both legs seemed like they were put together last minute.

But you gotta admit both those legs were great for being done at the last minute.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2012, 09:11:20 PM »
Wasn't there a canceled leg in season 10 to Nepal (replaced by India)? I heard about this somewhere, yet I heard A LOT of things about season 10, A LOT. :lol:
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Charlie90

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2012, 09:28:27 PM »
It really makes you wonder why they haven't tried to give these legs another go. I would love to see that leg in Belize, adapted for 2-person teams.

I read somewhere that the canceled leg in Nepal was from season 19. Maybe i'm wrong.. :duno:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2012, 09:40:16 PM »
Season 19's cancelled a couple of route plans. Thailand was originally planned to be Laos, I think there was a possible relocation of Belgium because that leg looked rather splatted on a windshield... row a self-built raft to two points along a canal to collect half-and-half clues... search inside a barrel for a clue (clever, but really?)...
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline wangsacl

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2013, 05:49:47 AM »
Are there any reasons why Laos leg is suddenly cancelled in S19? What was their original plan in Laos?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2013, 08:57:23 AM »
Are there any reasons why Laos leg is suddenly cancelled in S19? What was their original plan in Laos?

Floods amd Mudslides we believe.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2013, 08:21:36 PM »
On The Amazing Race Australia 2, is there a reason why teams flew to Havana to get to the Pit Stop after going to the Parisian footbridge? I find it odd.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2013, 08:24:46 PM »
On The Amazing Race Australia 2, is there a reason why teams flew to Havana to get to the Pit Stop after going to the Parisian footbridge? I find it odd.

I found that really odd too... It was a "To be continued" leg, but still...
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2013, 08:28:34 PM »
I think it was because production felt like it. The leg was a terrible leg in general with the mid leg flight to Cuba.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2013, 03:43:25 PM »
How did you find out about the Laos leg?
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2013, 04:35:52 PM »
I'm actually pretty glad the Laos leg was cancelled because the second Thailand leg was one of my favorite legs of the season.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2013, 04:37:53 PM »
I guess they should think about bringing the Laos leg back.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2013, 03:20:54 AM »
How did you find out about the Laos leg?

Through inference. Phil said in an interview that one leg was just cancelled and the team had to scramble to form the next leg. The second Thai legged seemed off to a lot of us so we speculated it to be Laos. At one point Nepal was speculated too.

Nope.

BISS;)

Laos, however, is out there because that was the unused leg in TAR 19 and it is possible it was re-used.

It was probably LAOS that Thailand replaced in TAR19! Cindy/Ernie confirmed that they were going to go to Laos!
RFF's Golden Rule: