The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

Canceled Legs

(1/8) > >>

Tarfan37:
ik there is a place on the forum somewhere that talks about this, but i cant seem to find it... can you guys help me either a. find it or b. list the canceled legs and why? (im writting a paper about reality televison for my english class) thanks in advanced. and enjoy TAR tonight

Tarfan37:

--- Quote from: Leafsfan on November 04, 2012, 08:01:42 PM ---
--- Quote from: Tarfan37 on November 04, 2012, 07:06:32 PM ---ik there is a place on the forum somewhere that talks about this, but i cant seem to find it... can you guys help me either a. find it or b. list the canceled legs and why? (im writting a paper about reality televison for my english class) thanks in advanced. and enjoy TAR tonight

--- End quote ---

Laos- S19
Belize -S8 (Due to hurricane Emily)
Istanbul - S5

Those are the ones I can think of

--- End quote ---

i can u use s8 as my example thanks

georgiapeach:
Tanzania, season 11....

claude_24hrs:
Buenos Aires - TAR2 (due to economic crisis at the time)

Japan - TAR5

Half of its routes of TAR15 had cut off due to H1N1 virus:
Seoul, South Korea (the supposed first destination city) replaced Tokyo, Japan
Ghana and Rio de Janeiro, Brazil - season 15, but they eventually visited in seasons 17 and 18.
One of the Balkan states (excluding Croatia, Greece, Romania and Thrace, Turkey) replaced Netherlands/Sweden legs also in season 15.

claude_24hrs:

--- Quote from: Leafsfan on November 04, 2012, 09:11:55 PM ---Interesting Korea and Ghana were on S17 together. When you say half what else was cut.

I assume Europe replaced Ghana/Rio? And Buenos AIres was ironically replaced by Rio?

--- End quote ---

No.

Leafsfan, here are the cancellation legs list:

From Survivor Sucks on "Alternate Countries" thread in The Amazing Race forum:

--- Quote ---1. Queenstown, NZ replaced Buenos Aires, Argentina in TAR2 due to sudden political instability. (The legs between Brazil and New Zealand were moved forward one in the order while they were planning on the run -- it's not a coincidence that leg has weird structure, or that the campervans were so out of place, that was the best they could do on ~18 days notice. It also caused the issues the teams had getting to South Africa -- from Buenos Aires, teams would likely have been able to organise tickets on the direct flight eventually used in TAR7 and TAR11.)

2. Dubai, UAE replaced Istanbul, Turkey in TAR5 due to the terrorist attacks in Moscow as the race was in St. Petersburg. (As before, the other legs were moved forward in the order -- Istanbul was leg 5 and Cairo was leg 6 -- but since they were trying so hard both for a pseudo-Middle-East leg and to sidestep mainland south-east Asia they couldn't hold it off any longer.)

3. The two Philippines legs in TAR5 replaced two Japan legs due to redtape being impossible for them to sort out.

4. Macau, China replaced Arusha, Tanzania in TAR11 because of the issues teams were having getting around the lack of flights in the middle of the Hajj. (Zanzibar itself was always planned, but they'd originally planned Zanzibar as a mid-leg side trip with the Pit Stop back on the mainland, which is what caused the stress when it was moved.)
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version