Author Topic: Ep 6 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary *start: 830PM or later* note rules  (Read 30521 times)

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Re: Things TAR shouldn't have done
« Reply #100 on: November 04, 2012, 11:33:11 PM »
Not giving Natalie & Nadiya any penalty at all at the end of leg 6.

i agree im a fan of them and i still say thats not fair.. maybe they did and it didnt affect their placement..

Maybe at the start of the next leg they will depart 30 minutes later? I hope this is the case.

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
Is it the first time they've let someone steal something for drama?  The first time I've seen this and I was surprised.  I know people have lost stuff before and had to find it but having another team take something they knew belonging to someone else was a bit strange.

That was the main point of interest I thought.  The tasks again were pretty easy.  Eating ice creams and having some massage.

And Lexi could have been ouder than the twins in this episode.  Could get annoying even if she looked cute in that costume.

Otherwise all on the same plane, AGAIN.

Also did Ryan make some nasty remark about locals somewhere?  If so not the first time I think.

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
It's also possible TPTB didn't learn about the money until the camera crews reached the pit stop, and the video could be reviewed.
Does look like no penalty, unfortunately, but it is possible.

Can't the camera crews phone the pit stop?

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
It's also possible TPTB didn't learn about the money until the camera crews reached the pit stop, and the video could be reviewed.

In Season 11 Leg 2, teams were made to stand out in the hot sun as they reviewed the tapes to see if any teams were speeding after Kevin & Drew complained.

I don't think they review the tapes until after the entire race is over and James & Abba didn't seem to complain either.

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member

In Season 11 Leg 2, teams were made to stand out in the hot sun as they reviewed the tapes to see if any teams were speeding after Kevin & Drew complained.

I don't think they review the tapes until after the entire race is over and James & Abba didn't seem to complain either.

But they didn't know that a racer had stolen their money?

The cameraman heard the teams saying they were taking the money which they knew belonged to another racer.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Nadiya and Natalie. Ew. Seriously?

Trey and Lexi, I'm sad they took the money but still, at least they said something like I think you better return it to them.

Most hated team this season. Nadiya and Natalie.

They should literary title every episode TWINNIE~~~~~~ it's annoying.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
I normally adore all-female teams. When I don't, it means they suck.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!

Oh can I ask how my updating was? It wasn't as good as Polaroids, but I'd like to know. :)

You did great!   :tup:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Re: Things TAR shouldn't have done
« Reply #108 on: November 05, 2012, 07:48:14 AM »
Not giving Natalie & Nadiya any penalty at all at the end of leg 6.

i agree im a fan of them and i still say thats not fair.. maybe they did and it didnt affect their placement..

Maybe at the start of the next leg they will depart 30 minutes later? I hope this is the case.

I don't, if that was the case, the penalty would be nullified by a flight or an HoO.

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
If the long haired rockers had finished last then surely something would have had to be done, as it was they didn't and I suppose they didn't want to penalise those 2 teams (maybe they see them as important to the program).  Still don't agree with it though.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
Luckily, I only hate 1 team (twins), but I like the rest :hearts:

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
Also it resulted in race begging, which isn't something I like to see at all.  And in a poor country it's even more unwanted I suppose.

I guess the producers were perfectly fine with it all as the cameras obviously saw it all.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 08:51:00 AM by starrynight »

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly

When TPTB learn of a possible rule infraction depends on where it happens. If it happens in the vicinity of a task or cluebox, then there are local producers on hand who can relay the information -- hence, we've seen this season when a team was instruction to go back and take the correct form of transportation to the pit stop.

However, usually (from what I've seen over the years) there won't be a local or traveling producer at a travel agency used by the teams to book travel. Then, TPTB have to look at the video at the pit stop either because a team complained, or because the camera crew reports something to production once they also reach the pit stop. That is when a penalty might have to be assessed on the departure time for the next leg. Even then, we might not hear about it unless it affects the order of departure for the following leg. (Departures last night were pretty well spaced, so a penalty wouldn't have been obvious from the time stamps.)

There has to be a reason why the bit with the money was shown. Whether that reason involves the sisters, or the Rockers, or both we'll have to wait and see. But normally, with the editing on TAR, things get included for a reason, even when it is not immediately apparent.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
The sisters will not be penalized because #1, James and Abba misplaced the money.

And that is enough for the TAR Producers to not give a penalty. You are supposed to take care of your own money. It's not like they purposely unzip their race pouch and take the money.

BUT, that doesn't give twinnies or Trexie the right to take the money. It's just disgusting.

The only GREAT thing I liked about this whole incident was we get to see amazing Bangladeshi and people who took great care of the Rockers and helped them when they were in need. Made me learnt a lesson that one can never be too poor to be of help to others. Even mental support will be great. Thank you Bangladeshi FERNS <3! That was really a heartwarming moment and made me momentarily erase my "hate" and "disagreement" with the Twins.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
The problem I see is in the CBS editing of this incident to categorize it as "stealing another team's money." Neither the Sri Lankans nor Lexi did that. They merely took advantage by claiming money laying on the floor, which is quite different.

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
Except they had a good idea whose it was supposedly.  And just because someone leaves it in a place doesn't mean you can just take it, it still belongs to them and is integral to their ability to compete.  The way it was shown was that they hadn't even left it long either and the racers knew that it would adversely affect them and could get them eliminated.  I assume that the producers actually encouraged it and used it as a point of controversy.  Apparently they even advertised this episode as one in which a team steals from another for the first time?  That's what I read somewhere. 

So if someone leaves a passport what should a racer do?  If they have inadvertantly placed it somewhere (where they could of course re-find it, as they would retrace their steps) can someone take it and throw it away somewhere where they would never find it and so be eliminated?

Begging is always wrong on the show, never makes me feel good at all.

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
Actually I was appalled when they took it while James & Abba were still in the room.

Let's say James & Abba left their fanny pack on the floor intentionally in the corner of a room and went to talk to a travel agent. Does that give Natalie & Nadiya a right to take their fanny pack, since it's left unattended?

For all THEY know, James & Abba could have left that money there on purpose, whilst they do other things.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
Actually I was appalled when they took it while James & Abba were still in the room.

Let's say James & Abba left their fanny pack on the floor intentionally in the corner of a room and went to talk to a travel agent. Does that give Natalie & Nadiya a right to take their fanny pack, since it's left unattended?

For all THEY know, James & Abba could have left that money there on purpose, whilst they do other things.

Concluding with this opinion, I totally agree with you. I remember when the Globetrotters took Christina's fanny pack in Japan by mistake and didn't realize it until later the Pit Stop check-in. The Globetrotters were given the penalty and were told during that rest period. The twins should have been given lesser to no money at the next leg as fair "karma", but I somehow feel it should be that same penalty from Unfinished Business, however a part of my brain is telling me they shouldn't receive it because it technically wasn't in their possession at that time like a dropped piece of litter just lying on the ground. I, I just am confused... :duno:

(I really don't like how they referred to teams as "stupid" AKA "stupid Chippendales" in episode 3 and "stupid rockers" in this episode while racing to that clue box smack dab on the sidewalk. It makes me  :res:)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 09:43:40 PM by RachelLeVega »
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
Since this is a Reality TV forum site, we should send this scenario to the "What Would You Do" producers (has anyone here watched that show and/or seen videos about it?) and see if that idea gets aired on TV!  :tup:
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
So pretty much, it's not against the rules, and the only thing it goes against is ethics, much like cutting in line.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
I hope karma bites Natalie & Nadiya and Lexi & Trey in the ass pretty soon or they will get a massive penalty in the next leg.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
Ryan Danz ‏@RyanDanz
Would it change ur opinion if u knew @LexiBeerman @NadiyaaAnd @NatalieeAnd tried to turn the found money into production and were declined?

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
Yeh I said the producers probably encouraged it, but I don't agree with their decision.  They could get better drama by doing tougher and longer tasks.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
I just read through this thread, Phil's tweets were boring. -_-

Ryan Danz ‏@RyanDanz
Would it change ur opinion if u knew @LexiBeerman @NadiyaaAnd @NatalieeAnd tried to turn the found money into production and were declined?

Then. God. Frickin. Damn. Return. To. The. Rockers. :res: :res: :res: :res: :res: :res: :res: :res: :res:

Production isn't suppose to ACCEPT THE MONEY OR WHATSOEVER? They just didn't want to return it to James and Abba so as to put them at a disadvantage, it seems. :res: :res: :res: :res:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
So if someone leaves a passport what should a racer do? 

Call RFF :lol3:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.