Author Topic: TAR 21 Ep 8 "We was Robbed"  (Read 48989 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 21 Ep 8 "We was Robbed"
« Reply #75 on: November 17, 2012, 01:59:57 AM »
TV promo2 up! ^^
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prama

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Later!
« Reply #76 on: November 18, 2012, 07:01:12 AM »
There's another new video uploaded. I think it's about the Russian Soldier's Dance. Can't see it from here :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN18utcgBJo&feature=g-u-u
Prama's Member Game Profile
Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #77 on: November 18, 2012, 09:22:05 AM »
There's another new video uploaded. I think it's about the Russian Soldier's Dance. Can't see it from here :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN18utcgBJo&feature=g-u-u

Neither do I.  It's a 1.10 minutes sneak peek.  In CBS YTube channel appears as uploaded 10 hours ago.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #78 on: November 18, 2012, 02:33:10 PM »
I have it, putting it up now!^^
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #79 on: November 18, 2012, 02:39:44 PM »
And one more!! I can't embed this one, but it shows Ryan struggling mightily with the Time Zone test! :ascared

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/-the-amazing-race-21--episode-8-preview--abbie-and-ryan-s-troubles-continue-in-russia--exclusive-video-.html
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Kacper

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #80 on: November 18, 2012, 05:45:49 PM »
I feel like "the next round" thing in this guy's voice will be stuck in my head for like a week  :lol:
Survivor: San Juan del Sur premieres Wednesday, September 24, 2014 8/7C on CBS
The Amazing Race 25 premieres Friday, September 26, 2014 8/7C on CBS

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #81 on: November 18, 2012, 06:53:35 PM »
I expect it might be stuck in Ryan's for life!!

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #82 on: November 18, 2012, 07:31:29 PM »
Thanks, Peach.
Quote from: Ryan
Perm is +6....is 9:45
The teams are given Moscow time as a base, but the map lists the differences from UTC. Tricky.  *-:)

Online ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #83 on: November 19, 2012, 12:08:36 AM »
Despite the fact that the rockers were eliminated :'(, this has to be in my Top 10 episodes of all time. Everything (except the ending) was perfect :luvya:.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #84 on: November 19, 2012, 12:09:54 AM »
I would never doubt the authenticity of the show, but I am a little suspicious of why they did not not show us the start times for each team  :(

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #85 on: November 19, 2012, 12:11:40 AM »
I would never doubt the authenticity of the show, but I am a little suspicious of why they did not not show us the start times for each team  :(

Ditto. Same reaction i had when i saw the show.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Online ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #86 on: November 19, 2012, 12:17:59 AM »

Stangely enough, that also happend the SECOND leg the LAST TIME they were in MOSCOW.
My guess for tonight is that it was confusing to put times due to the unusual circumstances of James and Abba's Non-Elimination.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #87 on: November 19, 2012, 12:23:45 AM »
We do know that the first two teams were released before 8 a.m., because that is when the classroom for the roadblock task opened.
And it was sufficiently before so that Trey and Lexi and their cabbie went to several wrong locations before getting there, while Jaymes and James got there a little faster.
It wasn't just at sunrise, either, although that can be measured, since the teams left the pit stop mat outside, not inside.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 12:27:22 AM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #88 on: November 19, 2012, 02:24:32 AM »
Well, this episode was filmed June 9, 2012. This is the time of year for Russian white nights. There are not that many hours of darkness @ those latitudes that close to the summer solstice. Sunup came pretty early, relatively speaking.
Matthew 7:15

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #89 on: November 19, 2012, 06:06:17 AM »
Really enjoyed both the detour as well as the roadblock.  :tup:
It was nice to see the teams having fun with it as well on both ends..
A shame of course that some of it was determined already at the moment Abba's passport got stolen/he left it behind.
The one thing you should always always keep on your person unless you absolutely can't (such as when swimming..)

I admire the rockers though because they had resilience and were a strong team throughout both mentally and physically (in spite if the knee thing). I hope they'll get a second chance in an all star version some time, they seem like good candidates for it because they performed well untill they got unlucky/careless..

Really looking forward to the next episode..  :hearts: Chippies u-turning someone potentially.. (is it a blind one?)
Really curious about what tasks they'll have done.  :)
Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. :)

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #90 on: November 19, 2012, 06:15:38 AM »
I would have liked to have seen Gorky Park and have had Luzhniki Stadium as a Pitstop. Hope they go there if they go to Moscow again!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline LizBee

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #91 on: November 19, 2012, 09:16:40 AM »

I think it may have been because there was such a large time difference between  departure times of the last 3 teams,  that it would have been obvious early on in the episode who the first 5 teams would have been and who would have been eliminated.

Usually when they show the last two teams racing to the end, they edit it so it seems that the teams are closer than they actually are for the drama factor.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #92 on: November 19, 2012, 10:07:18 AM »
Well, this episode was filmed June 9, 2012. This is the time of year for Russian white nights. There are not that many hours of darkness @ those latitudes that close to the summer solstice. Sunup came pretty early, relatively speaking.

Yes, indeed. Moscow's official sunrise time for 6/9/12 was 447am and the length of a day was 17 hours 25 minutes (implying night for only 8 hours 35 minutes).

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #93 on: November 19, 2012, 02:02:20 PM »

I think it may have been because there was such a large time difference between  departure times of the last 3 teams,  that it would have been obvious early on in the episode who the first 5 teams would have been and who would have been eliminated.

Usually when they show the last two teams racing to the end, they edit it so it seems that the teams are closer than they actually are for the drama factor.

The farmers said they were in no danger anyway, and would just have fun in the final tasks in the leg.  So not much suspense there.  The editing can try and make it look close but if the teams involved don't look urgent about going out or not then you know it isn't that close. 

Offline colav10

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #94 on: November 19, 2012, 10:20:41 PM »
Found an interesting article where James and Abba explain what the Speed Bump involved and they also mention that they were in Russia for six days before the passport situation was resolved. The article/blog post can be found here: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/amazing-race-james-abba-elimination-392013

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #95 on: November 20, 2012, 12:59:20 AM »
I wonder what happened to the twins. How did they end up so far behind the two front teams?

In the previous episode we saw them arrive at the road block as the Chippendales where performing it. And that road block did not really look like it took that much time. But in this episode they were way behind. So much that even and hours of operation and an express pass failed to allow them to catch up.

Did they really struggle so much with the tree of love, or was there a task before the road block in this episode which we did not get to see?

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #96 on: November 20, 2012, 01:43:15 AM »
^ The twins must have lost a lot of time doing the love tree RB. At some point the one not doing the RB ( I have no idea which one is which!) yelled at the other : "You've wasted more than an hour at this!"

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #97 on: November 20, 2012, 06:41:42 AM »
Found an interesting article where James and Abba explain what the Speed Bump involved and they also mention that they were in Russia for six days before the passport situation was resolved. The article/blog post can be found here: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/amazing-race-james-abba-elimination-392013

They weren't so lucky as Zev and Justin. They get back the passport next day on the embassy.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #98 on: November 20, 2012, 01:22:04 PM »
Even Toni and Dallas were able to recover their passports at the U.S. Consulate in Moscow (which actually has lost-found passports) the next morning; however, for them, the final teams and Phil had already departed for the final leg.

One thing seems to be clear now. When a team loses or misplaces a passport, the decision of when to eliminate them is based on when a team will need to have their passports to travel, and they need to be prepared to show production that they have them. They are given a chance to recover the passport, but if the next route marker point that has teams required to show their passports (i.e., buying tickets or customs leaving a country), then they'll be eliminated. This appears to be how one can view all of the passport issues of these past 8 seasons consistently (including the start of TAR 19 when a team was able to recover a missing passport before teams departed by LAX.)
-- theschnauzers

Offline ryanmissing27

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #99 on: December 04, 2012, 12:45:13 AM »
This episode just aired in Australia last night, nice job channel 7 ><
anyway, could this leg be the leg with the most amount of teams yet the fewest inter-team interactions? the only teams that saw each other were the chippendales working with trey and lexi for the whole leg, and trey and lexi briefly seeing the twins get out of their taxi

Also is it just me or is Sokolniki park (or wherever the pitstop was) featured also in season 13?