Author Topic: TAR 21 Ep 8 "We was Robbed"  (Read 48984 times)

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 21 Ep 8 "We was Robbed"
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2012, 02:01:36 PM »
So, may I presume (or at least speculate) that the Twinnies will ExpressPass that roadblock.

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2012, 02:06:24 PM »
So, may I presume (or at least speculate) that the Twinnies will ExpressPass that roadblock.

Almost definitely!  :lol:

They have to use it in this leg, and I don't see why you'd use it on a Detour.

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2012, 04:05:12 PM »

Almost definitely!  :lol:

They have to use it in this leg, and I don't see why you'd use it on a Detour.

i agree.. but they almost did last episode.. whatabout to skip an active route info... (that could of been handy to skip the brazillian waxing)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2012, 04:16:02 PM »
My theory is that James and Abba get Speed-Bumped, but they're too far behind for it to matter. They had to make the last episode a TBC because some teams will be departing before or during the arrival of the last teams, like in TAR 11.

I disagree with Prophet on both parts of his thesis. James and Abba have a 10 hour cushion to locate Abba's passport and if they do so the speed bump for an NEL would be between Ryan/Abbie and Brent/Josh.

Because that time differential is only 10 hours, I see no reason why World Race Productions cannot manage the length of the pit stop to avoid some teams departing before the last 2 arrive.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2012, 05:47:00 PM »
I see no reason why World Race Productions cannot manage the length of the pit stop to avoid some teams departing before the last 2 arrive.

Um, they might need to have teams to depart at a certain time to keep production ahead, but still manage to have the trailing teams catch up and not fall too far behind.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2012, 07:04:07 PM »
My theory is that James and Abba get Speed-Bumped, but they're too far behind for it to matter. They had to make the last episode a TBC because some teams will be departing before or during the arrival of the last teams, like in TAR 11.

I disagree with Prophet on both parts of his thesis. James and Abba have a 10 hour cushion to locate Abba's passport and if they do so the speed bump for an NEL would be between Ryan/Abbie and Brent/Josh.

Because that time differential is only 10 hours, I see no reason why World Race Productions cannot manage the length of the pit stop to avoid some teams departing before the last 2 arrive.

I just don't see why they would have done the impromptu TBC thingy if teams aren't going to leave before or during the time others arrive.

James and Abba will need all the help they can get to find their passports in that city, lol.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2012, 07:27:10 PM »
I just watched an episode 8 promo while Survivor. It showed teams "getting schooled" on Russian language? It sounds like another Burkina Faso to me.

And it also shows Abbie "ripping her pants" :lol: on the Russian military cheerleading squad.  :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2012, 08:44:50 PM »
I just watched an episode 8 promo while Survivor. It showed teams "getting schooled" on Russian language? It sounds like another Burkina Faso to me.

And it also shows Abbie "ripping her pants" :lol: on the Russian military cheerleading squad.  :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

And if you check post two those vids have been up for some time and the caps are posted as well.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kacper

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2012, 08:59:18 PM »
Ok guys, I don't know if it helps but I re-watched the preview and kept pausing it. I took this picture with my phone..sorry it looks bad but it might be a closer look of the Speed Bump board. All of you can check it yourself too. In the preview, keep pausing at between 0:06 and 0:07. Again..sorry for the bad quality

Survivor: San Juan del Sur premieres Wednesday, September 24, 2014 8/7C on CBS
The Amazing Race 25 premieres Friday, September 26, 2014 8/7C on CBS

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2012, 09:13:14 PM »
TV Promo up in post 2!

Caps are the same as the oher promos...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2012, 09:29:32 PM »
Here you go Kacper! Thanks!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2012, 09:37:44 PM »
Ok guys, I don't know if it helps but I re-watched the preview and kept pausing it. I took this picture with my phone..sorry it looks bad but it might be a closer look of the Speed Bump board. All of you can check it yourself too. In the preview, keep pausing at between 0:06 and 0:07. Again..sorry for the bad quality

Ok, KacperTolwinski, this is the best I could do.

There's a pic in the board.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 09:45:36 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2012, 10:12:04 PM »
From judging by the blurry (yet still visible) face heights, the Speed Bump-ers will be Abbie & Ryan since they are the only team out of the still racing leg 7 which have a bigger height difference and when I zoom in on my iPhone, I can faintly see Ryan's "silhouette" in the picture.
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2012, 10:32:29 PM »

Compare it to Josh & Brent

or from "Afar"

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2012, 10:59:49 PM »

Hemm.. I frist thought the same kandace, it might be the beekmans, but then I look at it closer, the couple's head are at the same level, where as beekmans are not, and from the blurred enlarge size that peach and alen posted, seems like a white/blonde couple, and their heads are opposite each other, where as the beekmans facing the same point of view straight.. I don't know, it's my pure spec and feelings..  :tup:

TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2012, 11:29:07 PM »
I couldn't identify anything from the speed bump photo, all I could see it's that the team probably wear dark coloured clothes, in which it doesn't look like Josh/Brent who wear red in the picture. I think we need to dig out Leg 3 U-turn part to see the background of all team photos.

Also, I agree with Prophet that maybe it took James/Abba more than 10 hrs to find the passport (if they could find it).  I think there are 2 situations which they would put a TBC ending here:-

1) James/Abba couldn't find the passport and couldn't start the next leg at all
2) James/Abba could find it but after Trey/Lexi started the next leg

With the help of HoO Ryan/Abbie and Josh/Brent would only be late for around 7-8 hrs, so I don't think they took 3-4hrs more than other teams to make Trey/Lexi started next leg before them.  Also, James/Abba obviously spent more time (maybe 2-3hrs more) than other teams to complete last leg tasks, so if they did spent 3-4 hrs looking for the passport, they may even be the last team check in.

One question, I feel that Ryan/Abbie and Josh/Brent would step on the mat together for the last leg, if they really did so and were the last 2 teams, who would get the speed bump?

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2012, 11:46:01 PM »
Not very helpful being on a tablet screen :lol:

However one you can tell is that its similar to the intros...

Maybe??
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 11:53:05 PM by Kandace »

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2012, 01:02:33 AM »
I agree with kandace, it must be the rockers.
Check in the u-turn board the first picture in the middle row. it's the one picture that resembles most the speed bump

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2012, 02:50:46 AM »
Okay, I found it out.

viva_la_ola [ T | M | L | O ]  3d
Ola La That's what I have been up to this summer! Filming The amazingly Amazing Race!!!

That's odd. 
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2012, 02:55:24 AM »
squadeepond [ Thumb | Mid | Large | Orig ]  3d
Dylan Pond

squadeepond On national tv #AmazingRace   3d
garmanchirps Whaaaaaa?!   3d
squadeepond I'm on next weeks show this is in the preview for next week   3d
galambos47 How??? @squadeepond   3d
squadeepond I was In Russia and I was at the right place and time and they used my phone to call the embassy   3d
harleenisawsome @squadeepond hey do they make it and get there passport   3d
cd_98 Ahhhhh do they get the passport I'm dying to know!!! @squadeepond   2d
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #70 on: November 15, 2012, 07:26:53 AM »
Definitely looks like the rockers on the board. Good work guys!

OMG LR that's amazing!
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline bcp19

• RFF Full Member
  • TAR/Surv/BB/?? junkie ;)
« Reply #71 on: November 16, 2012, 03:41:54 PM »
Definitely looks like the rockers on the board. Good work guys!

OMG LR that's amazing!
It is definitely the rockers.  I just paused EP 3 at the U-Turn board, the picture of Josh/Brent have them wearing red shirts and the picture of Ryan/Abby looks like it was taken at a beach and Ryan is wearing a light blue shirt.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #72 on: November 16, 2012, 07:31:24 PM »
New promo pics from the episode. Chips, twins, Trexi and Abby & Ryan doing the Dance Detour.

"We Was Robbed (Moscow, Russia)"
In Detour A, Twin Natalie (left) and Nadiya (right) must learn and perform a Russian solider dance in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE.

Lexi and Trey
In Detour A, Dating Couple Lexi (left) and Trey (right) must learn and perform a Russian solider dance in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE.

Performance
In Detour A, Dating Couple Trey (left) and Lexi (right) must learn and perform a Russian solider dance in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE.

Dancing
In Detour A, Dating Divorcees Abbie (left) and Ryan (right) must learn and perform a Russian solider dance in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE.

Jaymes and James
In Detour A, Chippendale Friends Jaymes (left) and James (right) must learn and perform a Russian solider dance in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE.

All smiles
In Detour A, Chippendale Friends James (left) and Jaymes (right) must learn and perform a Russian solider dance in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #73 on: November 16, 2012, 08:36:08 PM »
The Amazing Race ‏@AmazingRace_CBS

#AmazingRace teams get schooled in Russian geography, taxi etiquette and dancing on the next episode Sunday, 8/7c @CBS! http://bit.ly/TObzFX

The Amazing Race Video - Russian School (Preview) - CBS.com
The Amazing Race teams get schooled in Russian geography, taxi etiquette, and dancing on the next episode of The Amazing Race airing Sunday at 8/7c. Only CBS
CBS Television @CBS

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #74 on: November 16, 2012, 10:45:12 PM »
:cheer: Sounds like the "solider" dance will be lots of fun for Lexi. :cheer: