Author Topic: TAR 21 Ep 7 "Off to See the Wizard"  (Read 45141 times)

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 21 Ep 7 "Off to See the Wizard"
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2012, 10:30:28 PM »
What is it with Moscow and losing passports.  :duno:

Wow :lol:. That is a unique observation.
Watch, a team will lose their passports if they go back to Phnom Penh :lol3:.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2012, 10:31:08 PM »
Ok, caps from the promo! 

"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2012, 10:32:29 PM »
Second set of caps.

"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2012, 10:33:08 PM »
Last caps!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2012, 11:09:10 PM »
Thank YOU!! :kuss:

And the extended promo is also up in post two!!

Finally, a challenge I might have rocked!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2012, 04:42:24 AM »
If you watch the last part, it clearly says "You got your passport?" and one of the rockers (I think James) say "I do not".

So they lose their passport also this time.

I kinda think they are not taking their backpack with them, and leave it in the taxi, but then, the Taxi run off or not waiting there while James and Abba doing the task, so they kinda looking where is our taxi? and make sure that the passport is with them (maybe in the fanny pack) but it's not... if this is true, then it's a disaster...  :duno:

Caps 29 and 30 contains the quote. I'm convince the rockers are eliminated because they lose their passports (and money again?).

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2012, 10:11:50 AM »

and can anyone recognize this street view?
maybe looking at the store beside the racers...

:lol:  It's not a store, it's a bank.  It's a branch of Sberbank, to be specific.   :yess:

I'll leave it up to those with a lot of time on their hands to find the actual street location.   :)  ...there are over 755 offices in Moscow alone...

funny Sberbank commercial on YouTube 
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 10:44:00 AM by Boingo »

NoluckBoston

« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2012, 11:00:43 AM »
So can I make wild guesses???  :lol:

What if the Rockers do in fact lose their passports and bags. They would be eliminated and this could be the reason for two things.

One why we dont see them past this leg in Dom El's Time Line Spoilers.

Two how Ryan / Abby and Brent / Josh are seen going further, even though they look to fall so far behind in this leg with the missed connection.

I know its all wild guesses.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2012, 12:23:25 PM »
I have to add onto wild guesses too,  :lol:

Total speculation, but:

A. The rockers do lose their passports and bags and Ryan & Abbie and Josh & Brent fall way behind, correct? My guess is that the rockers somehow finish the leg before Ryan & Abbie and Josh & Brent, but are unable to keep going since they have no passports, such as the same scenario Zev & Justin faced in TAR 15, then saying that they are unsuccessful in finding their belongings, Ryan & Abbie and Josh & Brent have a chance at catching up.

B. The rockers do lose their passports and bags and Ryan & Abbie and Josh & Brent miss their flight, but somehow with a miracle get a flight out and back on track, allowing them to surpass the stranded rockers. Seems unlikely, but anything can happen.

Apologies if I have any false facts on here!  :-[

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #59 on: November 08, 2012, 12:41:49 PM »
When Zev and Justin lost their passports, Phil refused to check them in until they found them. Toni and Dallas were eliminated on the street because they were already the last team out on the race course for that leg, but could not have checked in because the team's fanny pack had been left in a cab (ostentatiously due to the camera clue's moving items in that cab while filming something.)
So if James and Abba are missing their passports in Moscow then they won't be able to check it, and it really doesn't matter how other teams made it to Moscow, they will still be safe from elimination.

The only question is whether this coming leg or the next leg might be the planned NEL; it's never been clear about the passport rule and NELs, but the best guess I have is that the team involved gets eliminated anyhow.

-- theschnauzers

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #60 on: November 08, 2012, 03:17:46 PM »
Let me add a couple more things:

About Zev and Justin, it was only Zev's passport the one missing not both.  And they got it back the next day at the US embassy as you can check in the Elimination Station vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PB05smH9nRg

There was a third similar incident, but in TARLA 2:  one of the brothers of the mexican team Carlos & Mauricio lost his passport in Colombia and only realized that when they reach their next detination in Venezuela.  On the contrary of TAR rules, he was allowed to go to the consulate to get a new one, while the other brother was waiting for him in the Manaus airport (next leg of the race).  He received a new passport, could reunite with his brother in Brazil and, eventually, they won the Race.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: November 08, 2012, 05:46:36 PM »

Total speculation, but:

A. The rockers do lose their passports and bags and Ryan & Abbie and Josh & Brent fall way behind, correct? My guess is that the rockers somehow finish the leg before Ryan & Abbie and Josh & Brent, but are unable to keep going since they have no passports, such as the same scenario Zev & Justin faced in TAR 15, then saying that they are unsuccessful in finding their belongings, Ryan & Abbie and Josh & Brent have a chance at catching up.

B. The rockers do lose their passports and bags and Ryan & Abbie and Josh & Brent miss their flight, but somehow with a miracle get a flight out and back on track, allowing them to surpass the stranded rockers. Seems unlikely, but anything can happen.

or C. The rockers find their passports in time to finish the leg before Abbie and Ryan and Josh and Brent, but is a NEL/TBC. Then the rockers somehow get eliminated on Leg 8.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: November 08, 2012, 05:56:23 PM »
CBS released some photos for Leg 7. I noticed something in this one particular.
Looks like we have a detour for sure.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: November 08, 2012, 06:38:12 PM »

Total speculation, but:

or C. The rockers find their passports in time to finish the leg before Abbie and Ryan and Josh and Brent, but is a NEL/TBC. Then the rockers somehow get eliminated on Leg 8.

How did I not think of that  :lol3:

Seems legit, although I'm not a fan of a team getting spared elimination twice, I don't know, maybe for a shock Abbie & Ryan can get it.

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #64 on: November 08, 2012, 07:26:10 PM »

are we sure thats a detour.. it kind of looks like the express pass to me... rember isnt that only good up until leg 8? and twinnies havent used that yet

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: November 08, 2012, 08:28:54 PM »

are we sure thats a detour.. it kind of looks like the express pass to me... rember isnt that only good up until leg 8? and twinnies havent used that yet

Interesting hypothesis, but I think I see a D on the clue.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #66 on: November 08, 2012, 08:44:18 PM »

Interesting hypothesis, but I think I see a D on the clue.

It's a Detour clue.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #67 on: November 08, 2012, 08:57:27 PM »
Does anyone know when Natalie & Nadiya are going to use their Express Pass? I'm thinking it might be on the switchback or on this leg's Detour.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #68 on: November 08, 2012, 09:04:02 PM »
Does anyone know when Natalie & Nadiya are going to use their Express Pass? I'm thinking it might be on the switchback or on this leg's Detour.

The switchback is believed to be on Leg 9, so the twins cant use it then. One fact about it is official: if they use it, they use it in Russia.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: November 08, 2012, 09:13:07 PM »

The switchback is believed to be on Leg 9, so the twins cant use it then. One fact about it is official: if they use it, they use it in Russia.

Thanks, so they might use it on the Detour in this leg since I'm not completely sure if you can use it on leg 8 because Phil states, "you can use it until the 8th leg".
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: November 08, 2012, 09:38:08 PM »
Abbie & Ryan and Josh & Brent are definitely waiting at the security standpoint since there aren't any more flight options during the night. :gaah: If it was an hour before the final take-off, I would be taking the substitution flight from Frankfurt to Tallinn (just maybe) or London so either way there would be more flight options when arriving in that city, but sadly that's not the case.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #71 on: November 08, 2012, 10:07:17 PM »

Off to See the Wizard (Moscow, Russia)
Goat Farmers/Life Partners Josh (left) and Brent (right) make their way to the next location on THE AMAZING RACE.

James and Abba
Best Friends James (left) and Abba (right) make their way to the next location on THE AMAZING RACE.

Trey and Lexi
Dating Couple Trey (left) and Lexi (right) make their way to the next location on THE AMAZING RACE.

Josh and Brent
Goat Farmers/Life Partners Josh (left) and Brent (right) make their way to the next location on THE AMAZING RACE.

Moving along
Twins Nadiya (left) and Natalie (right) make their way to the next location on THE AMAZING RACE.

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #72 on: November 08, 2012, 10:56:15 PM »

Those photos released by CBS is pretty much useless... inside a taxi and plane..?!? Come onn...  :groan: :groan: :groan: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah:

TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #73 on: November 09, 2012, 06:39:09 AM »

Uhmm.. What about this one? Is it gonna fit in this episode or the next episode?
(as we know Russia has 2 legs)  :duno:

TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #74 on: November 09, 2012, 06:54:27 AM »
By the TIMELINE it should be this leg.

We know teams were seen in front of the Bolshoi June 8.

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,27206.msg762950.html#msg762950

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.