Author Topic: Ep 7 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary *start: 800PM or later* note rules  (Read 20251 times)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I wonder if they had to TBC it because team #1 will be released before someone is eliminated, a la TAR10.

Magnus,

I believe you really meant AR11 (not AR10), at the end of episode 7 before the bus trip to Auschwitz and Krakow.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Well, we don't know whether leg 7 is or is not an elimination. But I don't think we'll be leaving Moscow without an NEL.

The detour, both sides of it, were hilarious. The swim coach was excellent as a judge, she did seem to be very consistent about what she would accept.

theschnauzers,

My definition of a NEL (which may be different from the World Race Productions' definition) is different from a TBC. The TBC for leg 7 is executed with no elimination at the Bolshoi Theater pit stop. Once that happens, if you count the remaining legs before the finale you get 4 and if you count the teams to be eliminated that's 3. That means there can be only one more NEL for the remainder of the race. It's possible that it occurs in Moscow 2, but I consider that very unlikely.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

The detour was good.  I expected though that the judge would be quite lenient with the synchronized swimming (just like the Bollywood dance in the last season).  The library task looked the easier one to do, and actually on the side of one of the filing cabinets did appear to be the Russian alphabet in alphabetical order, but I'm not sure either team noticed it. 

The question of how the "skill" routines are judged for obviously inept teams is an interesting one. Mark's Bollywood dance routine in Tanzania was not getting better. It was getting worse. I believe that someone on the World Race Productions' production staff makes the decisions and somehow communicates them to the individual doing the pass/fail scoring. I suspect that the same thing happened with multiple teams against the Chinese ping pong champion. That champion could serve at any level they wished to and easily won every point for a long time if they anted to. For the later-arriving teams she elected to give them a break. That may have been production-mandated.

The same thing came up last night. It did not appear that James/Abba had really passed. They were given a mercy pass at some point.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
I think it wasn't meant to be a TBC. It was meant to be a NEL or an Elimination Leg definitely.

After 21 seasons, if a teams still lose their passport... they honestly deserve it. -_-

Honestly, I'll place my passports in my underwear 24/7 if I have to. :lol3:

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
Yes, but I bet most of the teams have their visa in their backpack.  I suppose always have your backpack with you as you can't trust anyone else with it.

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative

.... Mark's Bollywood dance routine in Tanzania Kerala, India, was not getting better....

for what i know it's there  ;)

TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
Woah, do they have new detour icons?? Or is this just the first time I notice it xD

NoluckBoston

As a Librarian I loved this episode!

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
Yes, but I bet most of the teams have their visa in their backpack.  I suppose always have your backpack with you as you can't trust anyone else with it.

Their backpacks are gone too....

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Woah, do they have new detour icons?? Or is this just the first time I notice it xD

No, it's the same icons, it's just that the word 'Detour' is moved toward the left and right because 'alphabetized' and 'synchronized' are long words. :tup:

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
Thats what I meant. I know they moved the <Detour> and I was curious if it was the first time they did that.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Yeah, that's the first time they did that.