Archive > The Amazing Race 22

AR22 Transportation

<< < (24/40) > >>

theschnauzers:
International flights will go to Dulles and not Ronald Reagan Washington National; I wouldn't use Baltimore-Washington International to get to downtown D.C.
Thought this should be pointed out since D.C., like NYC, has three airports.

apskip:
Working backwards, the first flight into IAD from any UK airport accessible this morning is UA923 LHR IAD 0730 1042

Next working backward, we can see that using BFS, SNN, DUB or MAN do not allow early enough flights directly into Heathrow this morning. That means teams had to fly in last night. I have checked on the alternatives. Manchester as a connection point makes no sense because of the early flight yesterday required from Belfast. There are multiple flights from Shannon or Dublin to Heathrow, but they would require ground transportation to get from Belfast to either one. The logical and sensible approach and therefore the one probably taken was to fly out of Belfast City Airport (BHD). Here is the latest flight last night:

BA1421 BHD LHR 1945 2106

Teams either stayed the night at Heathrow or got a local hotel.

Chateau d If:
The flight to Washington DC Dulles was noted earlier.

Also, I think Thursday December 6th was a standard full and complete leg in London.

So they went Northern Ireland to London on the 5th or the 6th.

theschnauzers:
If my guess about the Naval Observatory as a finish line is anywhere close, then the possibility of teams going to the Greenwich Observatory in London would be a possibility as well.

ZouLy:

--- Quote from: theschnauzers on December 07, 2012, 04:54:20 PM ---If my guess about the Naval Observatory as a finish line is anywhere close, then the possibility of teams going to the Greenwich Observatory in London would be a possibility as well.

--- End quote ---

Mount Vernon has became the most-talked destination for now, and one of our member went there and get kicked out of the very tight security guards..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version