Author Topic: Disgusting display of animal cruelty  (Read 12302 times)

Offline Wld8hrt

• RFF Newbie
Disgusting display of animal cruelty
« on: October 29, 2012, 01:07:35 AM »
Here is the letter I sent to CBS:
I cannot believe the cruelty to animals displayed on this season of the amazing race. I am sickened and appalled at what you have put on display. First the mistreatment of the bulls harnessed together and whipped to participate in a "race". Then participating in rodent genocide, and now live chickens tangled together and hanging Upside down, tied at their feet. This is disgusting and makes me ashamed to have recommended this show to so many people. I don't know if you have new producers or what you guys are thinking but you have ruined what used to be my favorite show. Absolutely disgusting.  Shame on all of you!

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: Disgusting display of animal cruelty
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 01:02:25 PM »
I cannot believe the cruelty to animals displayed on this season of the amazing race. I am sickened and appalled at what you have put on display. First the mistreatment of the bulls harnessed together and whipped to participate in a "race". Then participating in rodent genocide, and now live chickens tangled together and hanging Upside down, tied at their feet. This is disgusting and makes me ashamed to have recommended this show to so many people. I don't know if you have new producers or what you guys are thinking but you have ruined what used to be my favorite show. Absolutely disgusting.  Shame on all of you!

Animal Cruelty?  More like cultural misunderstanding more like it.  The bulls harnest together is not animal cruelty, heck it's a way of life in that country.  The so called "rat genocide" is pest control, how do like going to a country filled with diseased-causing vermin.  And the chickens, come on thats common in parts of Asia, maybe you should respect other cultures then being disgusted by their acts of so called "Animal Cruelty".  In the past, we seen chickens and goats being transported by teams in Burkina Faso, camels being whipped by mechanical jockeys in Kuwait, moving live crocodiles in India, plowing fields with oxen in the Philippines, and so on. So Wld8hrt, maybe you stop watching the Amazing Race then if you are disgusted by these acts that you claim is "Animal Cruelty."
 :lol: :lol: :lol:

addie

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 01:31:51 PM »
Tots agree with you, wld8hrt. Good thing you send that letter.  :lol:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 01:39:19 PM »
There is no animal cruelty (purposely portrayed here), Amazing Race is trying to show the culture of other countries to the US viewers... -_-

So... you're telling me you won't have any more meat because when you have meat, you kill the animals... which, tell me which part of dying is not painful and cruel?

Be a vegetarian.

Online ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 04:37:06 PM »
There is no animal cruelty (purposely portrayed here), Amazing Race is trying to show the culture of other countries to the US viewers... -_-

EXACTLY! I am so getting annoyed readin comments on facebook about "animal cruelty". Hey Joab, we finally agreed on something :lol:.

Also Wld8hrt, this has been going on forever on the show. This isn't anything new.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 05:05:19 PM »
And the racers might be sleeping under nets in some parts of Africa! Hello, can anyone say "starving mosquitos"? It's an insect genocide, and I will stand for none of this. Obviously all this is only done for the show and everyone involved should be ashamed.

All the poor people in India are put there by production, and the corrupt taxi drivers are planted also.

Online ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 08:51:26 PM »
And the racers might be sleeping under nets in some parts of Africa! Hello, can anyone say "starving mosquitos"? It's an insect genocide, and I will stand for none of this. Obviously all this is only done for the show and everyone involved should be ashamed.

All the poor people in India are put there by production, and the corrupt taxi drivers are planted also.

This is supposed to be sarcasm, right? (I feel like Sheldon Cooper right now :lol:)

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2012, 05:19:53 AM »

This is supposed to be sarcasm, right? (I feel like Sheldon Cooper right now :lol:)
Can i take a guess and say that it is.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2012, 11:41:15 AM »
Couldn't see any animal cruelty so far , but the Rats thing is completly normal in Bangladesh.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2012, 08:47:11 PM »

FYI Mr. Wld8hrt, rats kill and destroy crops that leave Bangladeshi children starving.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2012, 10:14:27 PM »
I don't see any basis for this complaint.

None.

And given the cultural and practical necessity of living in these places, it is highly judgmental to call any of it "disgusting" As to rats, they could try importing schnauzers, who were originally bred 900 years or so ago in what is now Germany and Austria to kill the rats that spread the Black Plague; that pandemic killed half of the population of what is now western and central Europe.

I could be sarcastic, but I'll resist the temptation.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 11:27:18 PM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2012, 11:06:51 PM »
gawd ya'll aren't animal people are you

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2012, 11:59:07 PM »
This is one funny thread..........just hilarious. Such indignation........keep it up.

Btw....I am an animal person. I raise cattle to kill to butcher to feed people.......
Matthew 7:15

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2012, 12:37:45 AM »
Btw....I am an animal person. I raise cattle to kill to butcher to feed people.......

animal lover right here.

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2012, 01:39:36 AM »

I thought watching The Amazing Race will widen and broaden up your knowledge about cultures and traditions and sacred ceremonials, and everday life in countries around the world..

Chill and relax man, animal cruelty is when a group of people kill a bunch of whales and sell it for their own profit...

But well, it's anyone perspective on how they look things work in this world, so blame no one alrite..  ;)
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2012, 04:27:30 AM »

I thought watching The Amazing Race will widen and broaden up your knowledge about cultures and traditions and sacred ceremonials, and everday life in countries around the world..

Chill and relax man, animal cruelty is when a group of people kill a bunch of whales and sell it for their own profit...

But well, it's anyone perspective on how they look things work in this world, so blame no one alrite..  ;)

Very well put Zouly.

[I WOULD INSERT CLAPPING GIF HERE BUT CAN'T FIND IT]

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2012, 05:33:59 AM »

I am sure Kendra Bentley would agree with you.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2012, 05:37:44 AM »

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

Offline SoYoung

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2012, 09:07:47 AM »
Be open-minded. This is far from animal cruelty, its their way ofe life. The Amazing Race did not start it, the peopel who is living there for hundreds of year started it and that why its part of their culture and tradition. Amazing Race served a way for us to learn their culture and not only to see different places. If they do those task on a different country, then it might be animal cruelty. Its like they sometimes put warning on clues "not to beg" because they respect that begging is forbidden there.

addie

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2012, 09:46:08 AM »

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: