Author Topic: Ep 5 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary *start: 800PM or later* note rules  (Read 17032 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective

:conf:  Happy TAR DAY!!! :conf:
Even though we are a spoiler board, we do NOT want to have the episode spoiled while it is airing.

This will be more important than ever this season since Canada will be airing ahead of us any week we have Football delays, which could include this week.

SO!! If you are watching anything but an EST US feed, it is your responsibility to be sure you are not ahead of us if you want to post/update in this thread. Canadian feeds may be way ahead of us.

SO PLEASE ** NO WIKI UPDATES or Satellite Viewer updates or ANY OUTCOMES ** to be posted before the show is done airing East Coast time! Anyone breaking the rule is at risk of being banned.  :browsie:

And NO future spoilers either!

Otherwise, come watch with us for the best weekly viewing party in town!! :party:

We will have a LIVE streaming video posted every week we can find one. So if you are overseas or just on the West Coast and want to watch right away...please join us! You can follow along and PLEASE help update as the show unfolds! We hope everyone will join in the fun!! :wohoo:

LIVE STREAMING VIDEO links will be  HERE and will normally be put up about 20 minutes before show time. These are a good check as to what times we are seeing the show.

Scheduling and delays will be posted HERE.

And you can entertain yourself with the weekly episode threads as well while you wait! **Spoilers**

Have FUN everyone and :tu for joining us!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

NoluckBoston

Excited and hopeing to not get blown away!  :hero:

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative

approx 2 and a half hours from now right? just making sure and set up my schedule..  :lol:
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
It's gonna be awesome!
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster

approx 2 and a half hours from now right? just making sure and set up my schedule..  :lol:

No, it was only 1.5 hours then, now there is only 50 minutes left.

Offline Kacper

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Just to make sure...there is no delay, right?
Survivor: San Juan del Sur premieres Wednesday, September 24, 2014 8/7C on CBS
The Amazing Race 25 premieres Friday, September 26, 2014 8/7C on CBS

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Some parts of the country on the east coast feed are getting the late CBS game; I'm not one of them, so I can't answer your question.

My area is getting everything on time.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Some parts of the country on the east coast feed are getting the late CBS game; I'm not one of them, so I can't answer your question.

My area is getting everything on time.

See Time delay thread. ;)

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Bah, it's not working for me right now.

Offline tdeathgem

• RFF Not So Newbie
Just started for me!

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Just started for me. None of the streams work, so I'm about 11 minutes behind.

Two hours before pit start: James' wife tells him that his father has stage 4 cancer. There's no chance of remission. :(

Pit start:

James & Abba depart first at 7:39 AM. Proceed by taxi to Jatrabari Market. Then find a vender selling eggplant.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
James & Abba want to keep their lead. "We never want to see another team again." They find the eggplant vender and get the clue. Proceed to Ferry Ghat Road and find your next clue.

Abbie & Ryan depart 2nd at 9:41 AM. $1 for this leg? :lol: Ryan wants to beat Dave & Rachel's first record.

Nadiya & Natalie depart at 9:42 AM. They're talking about girl pride, beating the boys, blahblahblah.

James & Abba get the roadblock clue. Roadblock: Use an ancient Bangladeshi scale. They have to build a scale with wood and string. Then they have to balance 4 heavy stones on one side with heavy wood on the other side.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Last leg, James got his knee in sewage, so Abba is doing the roadblock. Abba thinks his scale is built correctly, but it didn't get approved. His ropes are wrong. He can't find the right rope.

Abbie & Ryan and Natalie & Nadiya both get taxis. Natalie & Nadiya tell their taxi driver that they have to beat the"goras" (aka Abbie & Ryan). Apparently goras means white people but it isn't derogatory. Why can't they just say Abbie & Ryan...

Abba finds the right ropes. *I can't tell which is which. Apologies. :lol:

Natalie & Nadiya and Abbie & Ryan both arrive at the market. They both get the clue from the eggplant vender.

Josh & Brent depart 4th at 10:53 AM. Brent works on the farm the entire time, and Josh works in the city 5 days a week.

Rob & Kelley depart at 10:59 AM.

Chips depart at 11:10 AM.

Abba's scale gets approved, so he starts to try to balance it. He finishes the roadblock. Detour!

Detour: Straw Dogs or Bamboo Jungle.
Straw Dogs: Help manufacture eco-friendly jute bag.
Bamboo Jungle: Grab 40 bamboo poles of various lengths and put them on a rickshaw. Then deliver it to a construction site.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Ryan & Abbie arrive at the roadblock. Abbie does the roadblock because it says it's not that heavy. :lol: Nadiya does the roadblock. "COME ON TWINNIE. COME ON TWINNIE."

Ryan: "Are you going to yell the whole time?" :lol: Ryan starts mocking Natalie & Nadiya. Natalie & Nadiya talk about their dislike of Ryan in their confessional. UHHH, I WONDER WHY.

Monster truckers and Chips both get taxis.

Trey & Lexi depart at 11:34 AM. They're really far behind. :ascared Josh & Brent are lost. They can't find the marked taxi stand.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
Last leg, James got his knee in sewage, so Abba is doing the roadblock. Abba thinks his scale is built correctly, but it didn't get approved. His ropes are wrong. He can't find the right rope.

Abbie & Ryan and Natalie & Nadiya both get taxis. Natalie & Nadiya tell their taxi driver that they have to beat the"goras" (aka Abbie & Ryan). Apparently goras means white people but it isn't derogatory. Why can't they just say Abbie & Ryan...

Abba finds the right ropes. *I can't tell which is which. Apologies. :lol:

Natalie & Nadiya and Abbie & Ryan both arrive at the market. They both get the clue from the eggplant vender.

Josh & Brent depart 4th at 10:53 AM. Brent works on the farm the entire time, and Josh works in the city 5 days a week.

Rob & Kelley depart at 10:59 AM.

Chips depart at 11:10 AM.

Abba's scale gets approved, so he starts to try to balance it. He finishes the roadblock. Detour!

Detour: Straw Dogs or Bamboo Jungle.
Straw Dogs: Help manufacture eco-friendly jute bag.
Bamboo Jungle: Grab 40 bamboo poles of various lengths and put them on a rickshaw. Then deliver it to a construction site.

For what we see in the caps here (unless there's another FF involving the jute - you never know  :) -), and the caps in the Pre-race videos thread, is pretty clear that the jute task and the bamboo task are both sides of the Detour.  We can see Ryan & Abbie doing the jute; and Rob & Kelley, Lexi & Trey, Natalie & Nadiya, Jaymes & James, and the Beekmans doing the bamboo.

:yess:
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Back from the commercial. Josh & Brent are still looking for the marked taxi stand.

James & Abba are doing the bamboo. They arrive at the bamboo place. They're looking for the marked bamboo racks. There are SO many bamboo racks, but unmarked ones. They find the marked ones and start carrying it.

COME ON TWINNIE. Natalie gets a kid to say COME ON TWINNIE. Someone please help me. :groan: YAY TWINNIE. YAY TWINNIE. GO TWINNIE. COME ON TWINNIE. oh my gosh.

Abbie is having trouble building her scale.

Chips get the clue from the eggplant vender. Monster truckers get the clue from the eggplant vender.

Josh & Brent finally find the marked stand. Trey & Lexi have caught up to them.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
James & Abba are going really quickly. They're slowing down because of the heat. The bamboo is really long and heavy. They're done with the bamboo and they're tying it down.

Monster truckers arrive at the roadblock. Kelley is doing the roadblock.

COME ON TWINNIE. COME ON TWINNIE. YAY TWINNIE! They finished the roadblock in 2nd. Ryan shakes his head. They choose to do bamboo.

Chips arrive at the roadblock. Jaymes does it. Abbie's scale gets approved. Abbie's scale is too low, so she has to redo her scale. :(

Josh & Brent and Trey & Lexi both get their clue from the eggplant vender.

James & Abba are delivering the bamboo. The bamboo almost falls off.

Abbie's done the roadblock in 3rd. They choose to do straw dogs. Abbie apologies.

Brent does the roadblock. Trey does the roadblock.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Kelley's overheating. Jaymes tries to talks to the locals. "Y'all can cheer if you want. Yeahhhh." *silence* :lol:

Jaymes' scale gets approved. Rob is being supportive of Kelley. Jaymes & James are out of the roadblock in 4th. They're going to do bamboo. They've been waiting to lift heavy things.

Twinnies start carrying the bamboo. They almost take out a poor bystander. :stare

James & Abba finish the detour in first! They get a clue on a bamboo. There's an image on it. It's the pit stop. (I missed the location.) James & Abba have dominated this leg.

Natalie & Nadiya almost take out their camera man and a few more locals. They're a mess right now. :lol:

Ryan & Abbie arrive at the jute mill.

Offline TARismyfavoriteshow

• RFF Jr. Member
  • You can call me Sam
I'm so happy for the first place team!  :yess:

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Ryan & Abbie watch a worker doing the jute, and they begin to hit it on the spikes and twist. Ryan makes a joke with jute force. Abbie gives a pity laugh. :lol:

Trey gets his scale approved. Brent doesn't. It's only because of an incorrect pin position. Kelley's scale gets approved.

Trey & Lexi are out of the roadblock in 5th. They're doing bamboo. Lexi: "Let's use our muscles." Lexi must really like Trey's muscles. :lol:

Monster truckers are done the roadblock and they do bamboo. Kelley apologies. Rob says there's no need to apologize.

Lok Shilpa Jadughar is the pit stop location. James & Abba are team #1. They've won a trip for two to Malaysia's tropical rainforest. James gets emotional talking about his father. :(

Pit stop:
1st - James & Abba

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Ryan & Abbie think that they've finished the detour, but they haven't done it correctly. They start redoing it.

Chips start doing the bamboo. Natalie & Nadiya almost kill a few more people with the bamboo. Trey & Lexi arrive at the bamboo.

Poor Brent is still struggling with the scale. It's still not approved.

Nadiya's blister popped. That's nice. Chips have exhausted themselves. Trey and Lexi are trying to individually carry the bamboo. They're going to get exhausted quickly. The Monster truckers are carrying tons of bamboo. Lexi hits Rob with the bamboo.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Ryan & Abbie have finished with their jute, and they've transported it. They've finished the detour in 2nd! They get their clue with the image, and they're off to the pit stop.

Brent is still struggling with the scale. Brent is really exhausted. Josh is worried about Brent. Commercial.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
And we're back.

Brent finally figures out what is wrong with his scale. His scale has been approved.

Abbie & Ryan arrive at the pit stop in 2nd. Hehehe they beat the twinsies. Ryan has wanted to take the overall win record from Dave & Rachel, and he apologies to Abbie for putting too much pressure on her.

Pit stop:
1st - James & Abba
2nd - Abbie & Ryan

Natalie & Nadiya have tied their bamboo. They keep almost killing locals. :stare Their bicycle broke so now they're just walking it.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Jaymes & James are trying to be really frugal by not eating, so they're really weak. Trey is proud of Lexi. Rob & Kelley rest.

Josh & Brent are finally done the roadblock! They pick bamboo (they should have done jute!).

Natalie and Nadiya finished the detour in 3rd. Monster truck have left the Chips behind. Chips almost mixed up their bamboo with Trey & Lexi.

Rob yells at Kelley for not being able to turn. They're out of the detour in 4th.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Jaymes & James start transporting their bamboo, but they left 3 behind. Uh oh. Trey & Lexi start transporting their bamboo. They see it that the Chips have left some behind.

Jaymes & James are on a road with a bunch of trucks. Jaymes almost gets run over.

Lexi is riding the bike... Trey isn't doing a very good job at navigating. They almost take out a bunch of people.

Natalie & Nadiya arrive at the pit stop in 3rd. They wanted to be first.

Pit stop:
1st - James & Abba
2nd - Abbie & Ryan
3rd - Natalie & Nadiya