Author Topic: TAR 22 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 274742 times)

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
Re: TAR 22 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #625 on: April 14, 2013, 08:19:57 AM »
I think Chuck & Wynona will be eliminated in Switzerland, double U-turn in Germany, and then last NEL in Scotland
Max&Katie get U-Turn in Germany

You mean there is a NEL that saves them?? If it is a Double U-Turn, they can then attack someone else. Moreover, this season U-Turns have not eliminated anytargeted teams, so, we could have a new curse in there? ??? :lol3:

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #626 on: April 14, 2013, 08:25:31 AM »
I think this leg could be our final NEL. That leaves 6 teams racing in Berlin, and the opportunity for a Double U-Turn, because with more teams racing, the better chances the U-Turns will be used. Fingers crossed!

I like Supah's theory. After Berlin, there are 5 teams racing in Edinburgh and the final four in Belfast. So, both UK legs are eliminations. In both Switzerland legs of TAR18, they're all elimination rounds.

Not necessary to have 6 teams for the double U-Turn. Remember the Double U-Turn in TAR 17 Bangladesh?? Both used in F5.

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #627 on: April 14, 2013, 11:00:58 AM »
Phil Keoghan ‏@PhilKeoghan 5m
. @NoOppWasted love 2C the return of some memorable teams, working on it RT“@RudyRudy85 are we going to get an #AmazingRace AllStars ...?

Offline BuuYaa

• RFF Full Member
  • TAR 22 <3; TAR 23 must be better
« Reply #628 on: April 14, 2013, 11:54:10 PM »
I think this leg could be our final NEL. That leaves 6 teams racing in Berlin, and the opportunity for a Double U-Turn, because with more teams racing, the better chances the U-Turns will be used. Fingers crossed!

I like Supah's theory. After Berlin, there are 5 teams racing in Edinburgh and the final four in Belfast. So, both UK legs are eliminations. In both Switzerland legs of TAR18, they're all elimination rounds.

Not necessary to have 6 teams for the double U-Turn. Remember the Double U-Turn in TAR 17 Bangladesh?? Both used in F5.

Last season had a Double U-TURN in Amsterdam and that was FINAL 5
both were used
Please Bring'em back:
=======================================
MM: Jaymes&James; Mark&Bopper
FF: Caroline&Jennifer; Pam&Winnie; Natalie&Nadiya;
MF: Joey&Meghan;
Couple : Max&Katie; Abby&Ryan; Brendon&Rachel; Amani&Marcus;
Elder Couple : Chuck&Wynona; Bill&Cathi;
======================================

MrDeerShank

« Reply #629 on: April 15, 2013, 02:58:49 AM »
Speculating that, if Germany is an NEL, we're gonna have a second Double U-Turn in Scotland

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #630 on: April 15, 2013, 04:18:55 AM »
Germany seems like a Double Roadblock leg. So most likely the next leg is where the U-Turn pops out.

Offline Videoizt

• RFF Newbie
  • I'm a wee bit new...
    • My Music
« Reply #631 on: April 16, 2013, 09:28:46 PM »
Hey, there are a couple of things I've noticed, although I'm not sure whether they've been discussed yet:

1. It's possible Joey & Meghan win TAR. According to a post on tumblr I've read, Joey and Meghan said they would buy a house with any prize money they get should they win in an interview. Coincidentally, Meghan moved house recently as she documents in some of her recent YT videos,

2. The Titanic Quarter was recently built in Belfast to commemorate those who died aboard the ship and has become a huge tourist attraction. The building is seen in the pre-roll before each episode begins when each team is being visually re-introduced. It's highly likely that there are challenges that take place here as there are ports, clubs, museums, arenas and a train station all within a 5 minute walk.

3. It is said that the final legs are going to be Scotland -> Northern Ireland / Northern Ireland -> Washington D.C.. It takes roughly an hour and a half by ferry to get from Scotland to Northern Ireland, and only 45 minutes by plane (this is all from experience). In my opinion, I think Switzerland -> Germany will be an elimination round, and Germany -> Scotland NEL as it would take so little time to get from Scotland to Northern Ireland, and that the last two episodes are being aired as back-to-backs. Which means there will be four teams up until the last two episodes.

4. Apparently, Joey Graceffa also commented on his twitter that he had visited Scotland meaning that both him and Meghan will survive for at least another 2 episodes.

If you can help me find proof for any of this (as I can't find a shred of any interviews or twitter comments!) I'm sure everyone would be very grateful!
A new "The Amazing Race" fan!

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #632 on: April 16, 2013, 10:07:03 PM »
 :hello2: Welcome to RFF!

I'm not an expert on these things :lol: but I can vouch for the fact that Joey & Meghan probably don't win...

1. She couldn't have 'moved her house' already because they don't have the million dollars yet (they don't receive until after the finale is aired; or unless she used her own money).

2. Don't know how to respond to that?? ???

3. Same as #2.

4. Could have always been on a vacation in the past. IIRC, one of Idries & Jamil stated a list of places that they have visited.. some of which included the places that this season had gone to.. including D.C. .. and yet they didn't even make it to those parts of the Race. So we can't say that Joey & Meghan will survive for another 2 episodes.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #633 on: April 16, 2013, 10:21:28 PM »
:hello2:  Videoizt and  :wel2 to the RFF!

About number 1:  we have sightings of the teams in the final leg in Washington, supported with pictures. You can check them in the corresponding thread:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,28045.0.html
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #634 on: April 17, 2013, 06:00:33 PM »
About #4, usually by this point in the race with 5 teams and only a few legs left, the eliminated teams stay with the race through to the finish line. It makes little sense to send them halfway around the world to where the rest of the eliminated teams are staying then have them fly back to the finish line a few days later.  Also, the last couple of eliminated teams often run the final legs as decoys so if anyone is watching (like us), it is harder to tell who is racing at the end. So, it is very possible that Joey could have visited Scotland with the race even after being eliminated.

I wouldn't mind if Joey and Meghan stay around and are racing at the end as they don't bother me as much as they seem to bother many of the other people around here. It would be nice to see Meghan get a chance to shine and show her personality. Joey just overwhelms her it seems like. I don't feel like I know much about her. Back to the main point, unfortunately, all the evidence I've seen suggests Joey and Meghan don't make it through to the final legs.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #635 on: April 21, 2013, 08:45:44 PM »
Since there was a Bates & Anthony vs. Mona & Beth it'll be interesting to see that happen for the remainder for the Race.. especially the finale! (If both make it, which we're basically sure of.. right?)

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #636 on: April 21, 2013, 09:11:24 PM »
No, the only team we are sure made the Final 3 is Max & Katie.

Offline MichaelFarrell

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #637 on: April 21, 2013, 10:19:41 PM »
I believe that decoy teams go to the final city a day early, and two of the five teams (Mona & Beth) & (Bates & Anthony) were confirmed being seen in Washington D.C. so I concur that Joey and Meghan, Max and Katie, and Caroline and Jen are the Final 3 Teams. Just speculation though.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #638 on: April 21, 2013, 10:21:53 PM »
 :bigwelcome to RFF, MichaelFarrell.

As far as we know, we didn't have any evidence that Joey & Meghan were racing in D.C., CMIIW.
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #639 on: April 21, 2013, 10:37:52 PM »
However, something comes up to my mind that is really intriguing. Does anybody ever imagined why Joey & Meghan are making the recap video of each leg? I mean, has anyone imagined what if they were eliminated at early leg? Is it a bit useless and incomplete to make the recap just for some episodes/legs until you're eliminated?

I think that Joey & Meghan are making their recap video on their own YouTube channel because they know all the legs in detail, which includes the final leg. So, even that there's no proof that Joey & Meghan are in the final 3, but I speculate that they're one of the final 3 teams, just because their effort to make each legs recap. ;)
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline Kacper

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #640 on: April 21, 2013, 10:41:02 PM »
Well didn't Kevin (from season 17) do recaps on his YouTube account too? They came in 7th place overall..
Survivor: San Juan del Sur premieres Wednesday, September 24, 2014 8/7C on CBS
The Amazing Race 25 premieres Friday, September 26, 2014 8/7C on CBS

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #641 on: April 21, 2013, 11:05:11 PM »
Well didn't Kevin (from season 17) do recaps on his YouTube account too? They came in 7th place overall..
I didn't watched it. And it's just my speculation. ;)
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #642 on: April 21, 2013, 11:07:23 PM »
recaps would have to be approved by WRP/CBS...so I wouldn't read anything into that...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #643 on: April 22, 2013, 05:57:46 AM »
4. Could have always been on a vacation in the past. IIRC, one of Idries & Jamil stated a list of places that they have visited.. some of which included the places that this season had gone to.. including D.C. .. and yet they didn't even make it to those parts of the Race. So we can't say that Joey & Meghan will survive for another 2 episodes.

They did visit D.C.

Show content
It's the finish line, they have to be there.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #644 on: April 22, 2013, 06:09:09 AM »
I don't think I said they didn't?

Offline ruadhan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #645 on: April 24, 2013, 09:31:11 PM »
:cmas20
From a good friend/anonymous for now(with their permission), spoiler tag for large pic
Show content

Is it just me or do these pictures from the live sighting thread make the hockey brothers and roller derby look like decoys..

Mona or Beth is in the first pic getting clue from woman... Which is something they've done in the past for decoy teams.. Is that not quite conclusive??

Also in the second picture, the brothers are just ahead of the moms.. both seemingly without cameras.. I dont know. To me anyway this definitely makes the moms look like decoys and possibly the brothers too which is interesting when you think we  thought they were both final three.... I guess we'll see on sunday. If its true it would mean one or both of the blondes and youtube must make the final which would surprise me!

EDIT: Actually scratch that. You can see a guy with blue jacket, illuminous shoes and short dark hair running behind anthony... its obviously max so this is most definitely our final three then.. I still dont get the woman handing clues though.. seems like such a decoy thing
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 09:46:56 PM by ruadhan »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #646 on: April 24, 2013, 09:42:44 PM »
Just for the record....

We have not seen ANY teams run a decoy during a Finale leg in many many seasons.  Elim'd teams have very frequently done some airport running around however before going to the Finale Mat.

So ...THREE teams seen in DC.  Take it FWIW, but nothing is ever set in stone....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #647 on: April 25, 2013, 12:38:57 AM »
We have not seen ANY teams run a decoy during a Finale leg in many many seasons.  Elim'd teams have very frequently done some airport running around however before going to the Finale Mat.

Didn't we see the twinnies do the pizza task in the last season?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #648 on: April 25, 2013, 07:48:31 AM »

Didn't we see the twinnies do the pizza task in the last season?

Absolutely right. Yes, twins and Ryan/Abbie. I should have said:

We have not seen ANY teams run a decoy during a Finale leg in many many seasons, until last season.  Elim'd teams have very frequently done some airport running around however before going to the Finale Mat.

So the use of decoys in the final leg is of course possible. There were also rumors last year of possibly using false teams as decoys along the way.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #649 on: April 25, 2013, 09:26:15 AM »
Just for the record....

We have not seen ANY teams run a decoy during a Finale leg in many many seasons, until last season.  Elim'd teams have very frequently done some airport running around however before going to the Finale Mat.

So ...THREE teams seen in DC airport.  Take it FWIW, but nothing is ever set in stone....

Thanks maf for the correction. I didn't realize that my wording was implying the exact opposite of what I was trying to say.  :crazy:

Fixed. And read the LIVE Spoilers everyone!!
RFF's Golden Rule: