Author Topic: TAR 22 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 274832 times)

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 22 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #600 on: March 21, 2013, 12:41:50 PM »
Were we certain that the F3 is Max/Katie, Bates/Anthony, and Mona/Beth? Maybe this will make that true?

Max posted a Twitter pic quite a while ago https://twitter.com/MrMaxBichler/status/302824653372674048/photo/1

and the first three names that appear are theirs, Mona/Beth, and Bates/Anthony (clearly Bates got cut off)

Idk.. I recall these incidents happening in past seasons (I remember in TAR 18 someone said that they had Gary & Mallory listed, and in TAR 19 someone had Ernie & Cindy listed.. if I recall, Dave/Rachel were listed in TAR 20?)

Just a little "fact" idk

You do realise that's for the opening episode?

As for London, all I'm going to say is that London is not the be all and end all of the British Isles, as shown in series 3 and with going to Edinburgh and Belfast. Sure it's the main International flight hub, but there are far better cities in England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales that showcase the many wonders of the isles that London just can't do.

THIS. They do not need to go to London every time they come here, even if from there, they go off somewhere else. I'm so glad Edinburgh/Longniddry and Belfast are being showcased instead this time

True it could be great to see Liverpool, Manchester, the country of Wales and get a visit to Sherwood Forest to have a Robin Hood challenge.
But i would personally love to see London, before the end city. It could be so cool. There are so many amazing Places there BigBen, Wembly, The Harry Potter experience. A lot of great museums they could do stuff at. And finally many great personallyties they could refere to like The Iron Lady, William Churchill and Charles Dickens. But it looks like London is NOT gonna happend this season. :'( :'( :'( :'(
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 22 MEDIA
« Reply #601 on: March 30, 2013, 10:06:26 PM »
YAY!  :hearts: I dont know why people assumed the briefcase roadblock from Family Edition would be the switchback, this was the obvious choice.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Re: TAR 22 MEDIA
« Reply #602 on: March 30, 2013, 10:46:50 PM »
Same task, same loaction=switchback.

This could be different...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #603 on: March 30, 2013, 11:57:53 PM »

It doesn't have to be in exact same location. The Fast Forward Switchback in TAR20 is in different city, although in the same country (India). ;)

Is there any possibility that there'll be more than one Switchback? :ascared :ascared
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #604 on: March 31, 2013, 03:02:13 AM »

It doesn't have to be in exact same location. The Fast Forward Switchback in TAR20 is in different city, although in the same country (India). ;)

Is there any possibility that there'll be more than one Switchback? :ascared :ascared

That's the thought that I have as well. It would surprise viewers for there to be two such switchbacks in the same season. And IIRC, didn't we have photographic evidence of the final leg switchback?
-- theschnauzers

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #605 on: March 31, 2013, 03:27:59 AM »
It sort of depends on what type of task is the switchback.

Fast Forward switchbacks (head shaving) have not been in the same location. Roadblock switchbacks (haybales) was in the same exact field.

The cheesehill was neither of those, but it was a route info team task. I dont think we have had a switchback on route info yet.
Matthew 7:15

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #606 on: March 31, 2013, 07:14:33 AM »

That's the thought that I have as well. It would surprise viewers for there to be two such switchbacks in the same season. And IIRC, didn't we have photographic evidence of the final leg switchback?

Yes, in the sightings thread.  Check Reply #254, Reply #257 and Reply #261.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 07:18:07 AM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #607 on: March 31, 2013, 11:08:18 AM »
Just because a task is simular, it doesn't mean its a switchback. I think the only switchback is the cheese task. I doubt they would do an official switchback of the most hated season in TAR history.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #608 on: March 31, 2013, 12:23:20 PM »
The donkey task is not a switchback , guys... 
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #609 on: March 31, 2013, 01:44:23 PM »
They're not talking about the donkeys, lol

I think they're talking Cheese/TAR14 vs. Suitcase/TAR8

MrDeerShank

« Reply #610 on: April 01, 2013, 08:08:14 AM »
Based on our caps/sightings for Scotland so far, we have 4 places:

The Royal Mile
Craigmillar Castle
Duddingston Kirk
Gosford House

The Royal Mile is probably where teams picked up their cars if they were getting directions in Cowgate, which isn't far from the Mile; Gosford House is most likely the Pit Stop. However, Craigmillar Castle and Duddingston Kirk are the ones which are slightly puzzling. Craigmillar Castle could be either a Detour or Roadblock, but Duddingston Kirk is quite a small graveyard, so potentially, depending on where it is in relation to other places possibly visited, could be a site of a Double U-Turn or a Speed Bump (which would imply an NEL in Germany). If it were to be a Double U-Turn, we would most likely see an NEL before that (as we have not had a Double U-Turn with only 4 teams left?) so that could be either in Switzerland (which is to be believed as per the timeline) or Germany.

With that in mind, I'm going to speculate Chuck and Wynona to be the next to go, it's whether we will see them saved by a NEL prior to their departure

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #611 on: April 01, 2013, 08:32:13 AM »

The Royal Mile
Craigmillar Castle
Duddingston Kirk
Gosford House

The Royal Mile is probably where teams picked up their cars if they were getting directions in Cowgate, which isn't far from the Mile; Gosford House is most likely the Pit Stop. However, Craigmillar Castle and Duddingston Kirk are the ones which are slightly puzzling. Craigmillar Castle could be either a Detour or Roadblock, but Duddingston Kirk is quite a small graveyard, so potentially, depending on where it is in relation to other places possibly visited, could be a site of a Double U-Turn or a Speed Bump (which would imply an NEL in Germany). If it were to be a Double U-Turn, we would most likely see an NEL before that (as we have not had a Double U-Turn with only 4 teams left?) so that could be either in Switzerland (which is to be believed as per the timeline) or Germany.

With that in mind, I'm going to speculate Chuck and Wynona to be the next to go, it's whether we will see them saved by a NEL prior to their departure

It is the cold water swimming I want to hear about!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Mattjimf

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #612 on: April 02, 2013, 04:08:37 AM »

The Royal Mile
Craigmillar Castle
Duddingston Kirk
Gosford House

At the bottom of page 24 I posted what they may be doing at Duddingston Kirk:
« Reply #599 on: 19-02-2013, 11:25:51 »
QuoteModify
I'm going to guess that a detour in Edinburgh is could be Stones(curling) or Bowls(skittles) as next to Duddingston Kirk is Thomson's Tower - http://www.drneilsgarden.co.uk/history2.html which is where the rules of curling were first written down and where they stored the stones. There is also The Sheep Heid Inn - http://www.thesheepheidedinburgh.co.uk/offer/skittleslley/ which has Scotland's oldest surviving skittle alley.
As they probably flew into Edinburgh, I would guess that they picked the cars up at the Airport, as the only other options are taxi or Airport bus. There are two ways to get to Gosford House from the airport, the city bypass or through town. If they went through the town, it would be very easy to get lost in the city centre due to the ongoing tram works (from the Airport to the city centre).
Having spoken to someone who was at Craigmillar Castle on the Monday they were in Edinburgh, she said that there was some filming happening when she left, which I guess would have been late afternoon, which would correspond with the late afternoon sighting at the Holiday Inn in the Cowgate, so I would guess that the pitstop is at Craigmillar Castle, followed by the windsurfing/Gosford House/Duddingston Kirk on the Tuesday then maybe TBC pitstop to get to Belfast. Will add flights to the transportation thread.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #613 on: April 10, 2013, 08:18:42 AM »
I think this leg could be our final NEL. That leaves 6 teams racing in Berlin, and the opportunity for a Double U-Turn, because with more teams racing, the better chances the U-Turns will be used. Fingers crossed!

I like Supah's theory. After Berlin, there are 5 teams racing in Edinburgh and the final four in Belfast. So, both UK legs are eliminations. In both Switzerland legs of TAR18, they're all elimination rounds.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #614 on: April 12, 2013, 01:15:31 PM »
This is not a spoiler. It's an announcement from CBS about the AR22 finale on May 5:

After sprinting nearly 30,000 miles, over five continents and through nine countries, the final four Teams find themselves bog snorkeling in Belfast, Ireland where one Team's Race will come to an end. The final three Teams Race to our nation's capital where they'll scour some of Washington, D.C.'s most historic landmarks for the chance to be crowned this season's $1 million winners.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #615 on: April 12, 2013, 01:58:38 PM »
6 teams leaving Africa and 4 arriving in Belfast means that there will be two eliminations total in Switzerland, Berlin and Edinburgh.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 04:43:41 PM by apskip »

MrDeerShank

« Reply #616 on: April 12, 2013, 02:12:46 PM »
6 teams leaving Africa and 4 arriving in Belfast means that there will be two eliminations total in Switzerland, Edinburgh and Glasgow Berlin.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #617 on: April 12, 2013, 05:12:24 PM »
Mr. DS,

You are right. I was thinking the next 3 known legs but somehow wrote down Glasgow rather than Berlin. 

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #618 on: April 13, 2013, 01:55:57 PM »
This is not a spoiler. It's an announcement from CBS about the AR22 finale on May 5:

After sprinting nearly 30,000 miles, over five continents and through nine countries, the final four Teams find themselves bog snorkeling in Belfast, Ireland where one Team's Race will come to an end. The final three Teams Race to our nation's capital where they'll scour some of Washington, D.C.'s most historic landmarks for the chance to be crowned this season's $1 million winners.

Do we have any idea who will be eliminated before the Final 4?  I'm pretty sure that Chuck & Wynonna are one team but what about the other team?

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #619 on: April 13, 2013, 01:57:20 PM »
Either Meghan & Joey or the Blondes . But most likely to be Meghan & Joey.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

MrDeerShank

« Reply #620 on: April 13, 2013, 05:44:43 PM »

The blondes are safe up to Edinburgh and were believed to be sighted in Belfast as well

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #621 on: April 13, 2013, 08:38:46 PM »

The blondes are safe up to Edinburgh and were believed to be sighted in Belfast as well

I think Chynona gets eliminated tomorrow, then NEL, then Joey/Meghan.

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #622 on: April 13, 2013, 11:44:23 PM »
I think Chuck & Wynona will be eliminated in Switzerland, double U-turn in Germany, and then last NEL in Scotland

Offline doremon.0504

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • The Amazing Race Forever
« Reply #623 on: April 14, 2013, 12:40:24 AM »
I think Chuck & Wynona will be eliminated in Switzerland, double U-turn in Germany, and then last NEL in Scotland
Max&Katie get U-Turn in Germany

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #624 on: April 14, 2013, 07:34:23 AM »
Puuuuuuuuuuuure speculation ...