Author Topic: TAR 22 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 274815 times)

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Re: TAR 22 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #575 on: March 09, 2013, 03:17:08 PM »
Underscoring my suspicion of hitting at least one of the world's biggest cities (besides LA) is Phil's introductory remark that "Los Angeles, once a desolate valley is now the most populated county in the United States."
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #576 on: March 10, 2013, 08:20:11 PM »
So the next boot is possibly Pam/Winnie, Dave/Connor, or Joey/Meghan?

Were any of them spotted in Botswana?

MrDeerShank

« Reply #577 on: March 10, 2013, 08:22:57 PM »

There was a blog post that somebody put in the Live sightings thread (I think) saying that Joey and Meghan and Pam and Winnie were safe to Botswana - although that can be taken with a grain of salt :)

I'm speculating that if Dave and Connor ARE eliminated, they'll be U-Turned by someone

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #578 on: March 10, 2013, 08:26:10 PM »
Only a dastardly duo would U Turn someone on crutches! :ascared
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Re: TAR 22 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #579 on: March 10, 2013, 08:31:21 PM »
The next episode can be discussed in that thread..... :tup:

as soon as I remember to open it!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #580 on: March 11, 2013, 09:47:06 AM »

There was a blog post that somebody put in the Live sightings thread (I think) saying that Joey and Meghan and Pam and Winnie were safe to Botswana - although that can be taken with a grain of salt :)

I'm speculating that if Dave and Connor ARE eliminated, they'll be U-Turned by someone
I'm having a feeling that it might be Bates & Anthony or maybe even Pam & Winnie. I doubt it will be the country singers, Chuck & Wynona, or Joey & Meghan. I'm mixed about Max & Katie...
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #581 on: March 11, 2013, 11:30:39 AM »
My mind says Joey & Meghan but gut feeling says Dave & Connor. Well , they've already made history anyway  :lol3:
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #582 on: March 11, 2013, 12:20:10 PM »
Having a single leg in Vietnam brings London back into the picture!  ;)

We need to have BIG city action in this season.  Right?

There are 12 legs and the sighting in Belfast was on December 5th.  That leaves just enough time to fly to London and have a regular leg on the 6th.  Teams catch UA 923 from LHR to IAD at 7:40 am on the 7th.

It could be so COOL if they go there!!!! Only Season 7 have showcased London in a propper way!!!!
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #583 on: March 11, 2013, 06:28:52 PM »
Were we certain that the F3 is Max/Katie, Bates/Anthony, and Mona/Beth? Maybe this will make that true?

Max posted a Twitter pic quite a while ago https://twitter.com/MrMaxBichler/status/302824653372674048/photo/1

and the first three names that appear are theirs, Mona/Beth, and Bates/Anthony (clearly Bates got cut off)

Idk.. I recall these incidents happening in past seasons (I remember in TAR 18 someone said that they had Gary & Mallory listed, and in TAR 19 someone had Ernie & Cindy listed.. if I recall, Dave/Rachel were listed in TAR 20?)

Just a little "fact" idk

jiajia12

« Reply #584 on: March 11, 2013, 08:31:25 PM »
The season finale of #AmazingRace has been announced! Tune in for a 2-hr episode on 5/5 at 8/7c only on @CBS! http://bit.ly/YfnvDY

2 Hour episode, so Final 4 I guess makes the finale? :hrt:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #585 on: March 11, 2013, 10:05:24 PM »
Maybe it's 4 teams going into that leg, but probably it's only 3. We have 8 teams left now. There are 7 episodes left before the finale. That means 2 NELs or additional TBC/KORs to reach that point. If 4 teams are left going into leg 12, then there would have to be 3 NELs or additional TBCs/KROs. That doesn't make sense to me.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #586 on: March 11, 2013, 11:11:32 PM »
Possibilities for u-turn:
1. Max and Katie/Caroline and Jennifer UTURN Joey and Meghan/Mona and Beth
2. Joey and Meghan/Mona and Beth UTURN Max and Katie/Caroline and Jennifer
3. Joey and Meghan/Mona and Beth UTURN Bates and Anthony (Their alliance was made to get rid of the hockey bros)
4. Pam and Winnie UTURN David and Connor (Perhaps they want revenge for the surfboard incident)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #587 on: March 11, 2013, 11:33:38 PM »
Maybe it's 4 teams going into that leg, but probably it's only 3. We have 8 teams left now. There are 7 episodes left before the finale. That means 2 NELs or additional TBC/KORs to reach that point. If 4 teams are left going into leg 12, then there would have to be 3 NELs or additional TBCs/KROs. That doesn't make sense to me.

Double episode would mean 4 teams at ep 11 and 3 at ep 12...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #588 on: March 11, 2013, 11:35:25 PM »
Let's take the discussion of  current episodes to that EPISODE thread, and use this thread for future episodes...many thanks!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline jostor

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #589 on: March 12, 2013, 06:17:55 AM »
Let's hope that the teams actually spend some time in London or some other larger European cities, in almost all recent series whenever teams went to a larger European city they always just went off driving around the countryside. Obviously filming inside the city might be harder and it greatly increases the risk of getting spotted, but some european city action would be nice, the only recent one was in Russia in TAR 21 if I remember right.

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #590 on: March 12, 2013, 12:13:59 PM »
Let's hope that the teams actually spend some time in London or some other larger European cities, in almost all recent series whenever teams went to a larger European city they always just went off driving around the countryside. Obviously filming inside the city might be harder and it greatly increases the risk of getting spotted, but some european city action would be nice, the only recent one was in Russia in TAR 21 if I remember right.

Yes they need some more Big City Action, So London could be perfect!!!!
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #591 on: March 12, 2013, 01:13:19 PM »

Don't forget we have Berlin!
Teams were spotted walking through the streets holding huge letters.
Berlin certainly qualifies as Big City Action.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #592 on: March 12, 2013, 01:18:49 PM »
And Edinburgh, and Belfast...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline jostor

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #593 on: March 14, 2013, 02:30:46 PM »

Don't forget we have Berlin!
Teams were spotted walking through the streets holding huge letters.
Berlin certainly qualifies as Big City Action.
Would be a very welcome change and I hope they do it in more seasons!

addie

« Reply #594 on: March 14, 2013, 03:27:34 PM »
Coughtar21

addie

« Reply #595 on: March 18, 2013, 06:22:13 AM »
leg 7 being botswana is confirmed

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #596 on: March 18, 2013, 06:07:42 PM »
Do you suppose Wynona digs for scorpions?
She better be... :rules: ..... jk! :lol:

But seriously, unless she wants to do a more physical or strengthy Roadblock than the sandcastles, she HAS to do the scorpion RB.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Mattjimf

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #597 on: March 19, 2013, 04:59:59 PM »
Were we certain that the F3 is Max/Katie, Bates/Anthony, and Mona/Beth? Maybe this will make that true?

Max posted a Twitter pic quite a while ago https://twitter.com/MrMaxBichler/status/302824653372674048/photo/1

and the first three names that appear are theirs, Mona/Beth, and Bates/Anthony (clearly Bates got cut off)

Idk.. I recall these incidents happening in past seasons (I remember in TAR 18 someone said that they had Gary & Mallory listed, and in TAR 19 someone had Ernie & Cindy listed.. if I recall, Dave/Rachel were listed in TAR 20?)

Just a little "fact" idk

You do realise that's for the opening episode?

As for London, all I'm going to say is that London is not the be all and end all of the British Isles, as shown in series 3 and with going to Edinburgh and Belfast. Sure it's the main International flight hub, but there are far better cities in England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales that showcase the many wonders of the isles that London just can't do.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #598 on: March 19, 2013, 05:15:24 PM »

Just a little "fact" idk

As for London, all I'm going to say is that London is not the be all and end all of the British Isles, as shown in series 3 and with going to Edinburgh and Belfast. Sure it's the main International flight hub, but there are far better cities in England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales that showcase the many wonders of the isles that London just can't do.

Doesn't matter. I'm pretty sure they list the same people in every single episode. The fact that they appear in probably every episode of this season is why they're in the description.

It HAS happened in past seasons.

MrDeerShank

« Reply #599 on: March 19, 2013, 05:45:33 PM »

Just a little "fact" idk

THIS. They do not need to go to London every time they come here, even if from there, they go off somewhere else. I'm so glad Edinburgh/Longniddry and Belfast are being showcased instead this time