Author Topic: TAR 22 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 274836 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: TAR 22 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #550 on: February 19, 2013, 01:22:36 PM »
First page... guys... first page. *shakes head*

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #551 on: February 24, 2013, 06:34:16 PM »
A point about the probabilities for the sandcastle task that was being discussed.

It's apparent when a sandcastle had been rebuilt as compared to the ones that had not been checked by any of the teams. I'm not totally sure why they were requiring teams to re-build each sandcastle as it was checked other than to use up time and make the task more difficult, but the practical nature of that instruction in the task certain makes it harder to compute real odds.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #552 on: March 03, 2013, 05:56:36 PM »
Apparently, during the episode, I think Max and Katie said they hope they were making a smart decision by not digging a sandcastle that they know has been rebuilt by another team. Hence, a Lena and Kristy moment could happen here should a team not DIG deep enough for the clue and then went on to rebuild the sandcastle and then all the other teams virtually will assume that there's no clue in there and not find a clue from it. I think it's kind of easy to tell which one was a sandcastle built by the production and which one was rebuilt by the teams based on the wetness of the sand.

Considering the odds, this task could be way harder than the Haybales task in TAR 6 and 15? Because the odds are decreasing exponentially with each clue found, for example, 3 to 4:400 sandcastles for the final three teams 3:whatever that's not been unrolled for the Haybales challenge in TAR 15 and we know there's only 186 of them. The strength required for both tasks are varying but let's not forget the heat factor, dehydration etc.

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #553 on: March 03, 2013, 08:19:20 PM »
I was wondering, what will happen if a team that wins the Express Pass is eliminated before using Express Pass? I read somewhere that it will be prize for the next leg ???

I just can't imagine what makes Jessica & John completely screwed up at the next leg.
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #554 on: March 03, 2013, 08:38:19 PM »
I was wondering, what will happen if a team that wins the Express Pass is eliminated before using Express Pass? I read somewhere that it will be prize for the next leg ???

I just can't imagine what makes Jessica & John completely screwed up at the next leg.
Teams can't Express Pass transportation issues, so that might land in their elimination category.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #555 on: March 03, 2013, 08:56:57 PM »

Teams can't Express Pass transportation issues, so that might land in their elimination category.
So, is there a chance to have a U-Turn in Bali leg? JeJo will screw them up and get eliminated.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 09:15:52 PM by ApprenticeFan »

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #556 on: March 04, 2013, 07:56:21 AM »
I thought I'd indulge in some speculation about the second Express Pass this season. Phil says in his recent TV Guide interview that the holders of the Express Pass get a lot of attention from the other teams that want to be given the second Express Pass. I imagine that they will quickly realize that the second Express Pass puts them in a difficult position. The team that gets the second pass will be very happy and most of the other teams will be upset with them.

One of the things learned from our spoilers is that David of Connor and David gets a leg or Achilles tendon injury in one of the Bora Bora legs. Somehow, according to the timeline, they managed to survive until at least leg 5 despite the fact that David was barely able to walk and was using a wheelchair in some of the sightings. They seems pretty remarkable to me and after thinking it over, I figure that the team that wins the Express Pass in the first leg will end up giving it to Connor and David. The Express Pass would be one way for them to survive a leg.  The other teams can't get too upset about that since Connor and David aren't going to be much of a threat to the other teams and they will be thinking it's only a matter of time until the injury catches up with them and they are eliminated. Given the situation, it's probably the safest play for the team with the Express Pass. Unless they really want to forge an alliance with another team and don't care too much about the other teams.   

I suppose it's possible that Connor and David could win the first leg and get the Express Pass. In that case, forget all of the above.  ;)

*-:)   :winner    :happy:

The sound you hear is me tooting my own horn.

Every once in a while I get one right. It feels good.

:hoot:

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #557 on: March 04, 2013, 10:06:01 AM »
Awesome! Good Job Plaidmoon!!
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline SoYoung

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #558 on: March 05, 2013, 06:37:52 AM »
Its kinda surprising that the speculated f3-f5 teams are either struggling, not dominating, always at the back of the back as of episode 3. The teams who are cuurrently always in the front pack is the one speculated to be leaving next. :)

Offline scuzneck

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #559 on: March 05, 2013, 11:20:51 AM »
Not sure if it has been posted elsewhere, but do we know the full extent of David injury. I am to have my ruptured Achilles' tendon surgery tomorrow and just was curious to know what his final diagnosis was and how he is doing now. I realize that because of the show's airing a few months after the injury that details like that are probably confidential but it would be reassuring to know that he is doing well. I saw the episode when it happened to him and immediately knew the pain he was feeling.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #560 on: March 05, 2013, 11:36:36 AM »
I dont think we do know, they are not using social media. Best of luck tomorrow, hope all goes well! Perhaps you can share the limitations/pain you experienced in the Episode thread, to help us understand better? :kuss:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #561 on: March 06, 2013, 12:47:07 PM »
Really hope that they have London before D.C., but we don`t know yet.
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

MrDeerShank

« Reply #562 on: March 06, 2013, 12:49:11 PM »
Really hope that they have London before D.C., but we don`t know yet.

I think it's gonna be Berlin -> Edinburgh/Longniddry -> Belfast -> D.C. - London's been visited every time TAR has been to the UK, we do have other places here :P

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #563 on: March 08, 2013, 11:07:41 AM »
Having a single leg in Vietnam brings London back into the picture!  ;)

We need to have BIG city action in this season.  Right?

There are 12 legs and the sighting in Belfast was on December 5th.  That leaves just enough time to fly to London and have a regular leg on the 6th.  Teams catch UA 923 from LHR to IAD at 7:40 am on the 7th.

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #564 on: March 08, 2013, 11:33:13 AM »
Only problem is...so far we have not one little clue...no tweets, sightings, blogs, permit to be found for London! But there SHOULD be something else, they aren't going to be sitting in Belfast for that long either.

It is a puzzle!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #565 on: March 08, 2013, 11:40:59 AM »
Maybe they avoided the touristy spots.  Only 4 Teams.  Season 19's Panama was devoid of sightings too.  ???
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #566 on: March 08, 2013, 11:45:16 AM »
An Indian village in the Panama countryside is different from London. One woud think we sould have SOMETHING from there. Or perhaps it was planned and then cancelled for some reason. :duno:

No saying they weren't there, mind you. Just that normal TAR research has turned up...zilch.
RFF's Golden Rule:

MrDeerShank

« Reply #567 on: March 08, 2013, 12:31:07 PM »
If London is to be believed, it's the first time ever (except for FE) that a country has had 3 legs in it! :o (Unless you want to count TAR14 China) Could Switzerland and Germany be two separate legs? That would once again make the 12 legs, but it's just a thought :)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 12:35:28 PM by MrDS »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #568 on: March 08, 2013, 01:59:53 PM »
We have too many legs, not too few, lol.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #569 on: March 08, 2013, 07:12:26 PM »
I seriously doubt Switzerland and Germany was one leg like we suspect it is

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #570 on: March 09, 2013, 12:40:31 PM »
It might be the Botswana to Switzerland as one, continuing the theme of long legs this season.

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #571 on: March 09, 2013, 02:00:18 PM »
Wow wow wow just ONE VietNam leg!! Was expecting 2, darn!!

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #572 on: March 09, 2013, 02:57:45 PM »
My guess:
Leg 6: Vietnam - Botswana
Leg 7: Botswana
Leg 8: Botswana - Switzerland
Leg 9: Switzerland - Germany
Leg 10: Germany - Scotland
Leg 11: Scotland - Northern Ireland
Leg 12: Northern Ireland - USA

Someone earlier said this season will need some big city action. I believe that will be fulfilled by Hanoi, Berlin, and Washington D.C.

MrDeerShank

« Reply #573 on: March 09, 2013, 02:59:04 PM »
My guess:
Leg 6: Vietnam - Botswana
Leg 7: Botswana
Leg 8: Botswana - Switzerland
Leg 9: Switzerland - Germany
Leg 10: Germany - Scotland
Leg 11: Scotland - Northern Ireland
Leg 12: Northern Ireland - USA

Someone earlier said this season will need some big city action. I believe that will be fulfilled by Hanoi, Berlin, and Washington D.C.

Hopefully Belfast as well

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule: