Author Topic: TAR 22 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 274834 times)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
Re: TAR 22 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #500 on: February 03, 2013, 07:49:55 AM »
I have been watching season 13 of the amazing race and i was watching leg 4 when they went to New Zealand and Phil's dad was the pit stop greeter i wonder if he will be the greeter again for this season when to go to Christchurch ??? :D hahahahahaha

It is within the realm of possibility as Phil's family is from Christchurch, maybe the pit stop could even be Phil's childhood home.
You may be correct on the Pit Stop location, redskevin88. It seems like that may be the biggest possibility out of all Christchurch area choices. Lincoln, NZ isn't that far from Christchurch; it also has the first NZ supermarket generated by some wind turbines, so it may be the hit target for the mat... and Phil's dad! :hearts:
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #501 on: February 05, 2013, 09:09:18 PM »
I don't know where to put this.

Basically I had a dream last night about TAR 22. I dreamt of a finishing line with teams cheering for a winning team...

Just as the winning team was about to arrive...............

I woke up. Thanks dream. :res:

BUT, I did see a male/female team running through first and three teams were obviously not there. SO, let's see if this holds through, the F3 in my dream and the ultimate winner. :lol3:

AND, this reminds me. I need to start updating myself a little on spoilers so as to have those killer questions for my game. Kthxbye.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #502 on: February 05, 2013, 09:19:44 PM »
Encrypt it. Then we can check on your dream ESP later!! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #503 on: February 05, 2013, 09:41:03 PM »
Bates and Anthony = F3 but don't win.

The winning team = male/female team whom I can't make out whether is it Joey and Meghan OR Max and Katherine (BUT pretty sure it's not Jessica and John OR Chuck and Wyona). I thought I saw these three in the F3 but then I'm not sure if I've got Joey and Meghan identified in blurred vision of dreams or not. :lol3: :lol3:

SADLY, Mona and Beth are not in the F3. :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah:

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #504 on: February 10, 2013, 09:50:07 PM »
I remember you guys were talking about Shemozzle Racing in Hunterville but I don't know if you guys know this but Hunterville is in near the middle of the North Island so we may be getting two legs in New Zealand.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #505 on: February 10, 2013, 09:51:31 PM »
There wasn't time I don't think. TAR can do a "created" race most anywhere though.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #506 on: February 11, 2013, 02:06:44 AM »
I remember you guys were talking about Shemozzle Racing in Hunterville but I don't know if you guys know this but Hunterville is in near the middle of the North Island so we may be getting two legs in New Zealand.

Hunterville is too far away from Christchurch, I think there is a possibility the "shemozzle racing" task would be in Lincoln, not far from Christchurch.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #507 on: February 11, 2013, 01:07:47 PM »

Hunterville is too far away from Christchurch, I think there is a possibility the "shemozzle racing" task would be in Lincoln, not far from Christchurch.

Amen! Hunterville is 378 miles from Christchurch, composed of:

North Island Hunterville to Wellington 114 miles
South Island Picton to Christchurch 209 miles
Interisland Ferry Wellington to Picton 55 miles 

So, teams are not going to be sent to Hunterville. However, the competitions from the Shepherd's Shemozzle Festival could easily be duplicated on the South Island. They include:

a cross country Shemozzle with Shepherds and Huntaway dogs (a large, strongly-built breed of dog used for general sheep herding tasks in New Zealand, especially for driving sheep) competing on an endurance and obstacle course
a Sheep shearing competition (done all over the South Island to attract tourists)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 01:36:36 PM by apskip »

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #508 on: February 15, 2013, 06:38:06 PM »
I thought I'd indulge in some speculation about the second Express Pass this season. Phil says in his recent TV Guide interview that the holders of the Express Pass get a lot of attention from the other teams that want to be given the second Express Pass. I imagine that they will quickly realize that the second Express Pass puts them in a difficult position. The team that gets the second pass will be very happy and most of the other teams will be upset with them.

One of the things learned from our spoilers is that David of Connor and David gets a leg or Achilles tendon injury in one of the Bora Bora legs. Somehow, according to the timeline, they managed to survive until at least leg 5 despite the fact that David was barely able to walk and was using a wheelchair in some of the sightings. They seems pretty remarkable to me and after thinking it over, I figure that the team that wins the Express Pass in the first leg will end up giving it to Connor and David. The Express Pass would be one way for them to survive a leg.  The other teams can't get too upset about that since Connor and David aren't going to be much of a threat to the other teams and they will be thinking it's only a matter of time until the injury catches up with them and they are eliminated. Given the situation, it's probably the safest play for the team with the Express Pass. Unless they really want to forge an alliance with another team and don't care too much about the other teams.   

I suppose it's possible that Connor and David could win the first leg and get the Express Pass. In that case, forget all of the above.  ;)

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #509 on: February 15, 2013, 06:55:20 PM »
Just to remind you  :)

Short and to the point... Well that's no fun! :lol:

I can already answer this one!    :hoot:

We have the Express Pass as an accepted  and appreciated and sought after feature of TAR.  So that's not going away.     :wise   

At the end of the first leg, what would be even better than winning one?   ???

Well?  Winning two Express Passes of course!   :beer2:

But that may be just too simple.  And I have my reasons.  Let there be two EPs with the understanding that the second one has to be shared with another Team.  Simple!  Powerful!  Adds drama too.  TPTB probably got it from  one of mutlitude of  fantasy games  going on allover.  Can somebody check?  ;)  :popcorn:

The reason I can bring this up and speculate it with high confidence comes from  the spoiler information we have on Dave & Conner.  Here's my guess:   Dave does not actually hurt his Achilles Tendon.  He claims to have sustained the injury in order to garner sympathy from the other Teams.  In particular, sympathy from the Team that wins two Express Passes on the first leg.  So the EP is handed over, the ankle magically heals   :browsie:, and Dave & Conner are launched into a very advantageous position in the game.    One which may very well carry them to the final three.   :wtg:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #510 on: February 15, 2013, 08:07:16 PM »
That might explain why D/C are believed to be in the lead at the airport...wheelchair and all!I think we have a consensus from two GREAT Detectives!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #511 on: February 15, 2013, 09:15:20 PM »
That might explain why D/C are believed to be in the lead at the airport...wheelchair and all!I think we have a consensus from two GREAT Detectives!

Who will be wheelchair? It's must be David & Connor but David & Connor really eliminated this point in Leg somewhere?
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #512 on: February 15, 2013, 09:19:11 PM »
Speculation for Leg 5: One team discovered they have been "lied too and back stabbed" and u-turn a team out of the race.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #513 on: February 15, 2013, 10:24:06 PM »

In addition, Keoghan reveals, "We have a switchback coming that's a classic Amazing Race moment that we're going to repeat. We know from past experience that this is going to tweak them."

Another switchback!
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Kacper

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #514 on: February 15, 2013, 10:31:58 PM »

In addition, Keoghan reveals, "We have a switchback coming that's a classic Amazing Race moment that we're going to repeat. We know from past experience that this is going to tweak them."

Another switchback!

What can it be..  :umn:
Survivor: San Juan del Sur premieres Wednesday, September 24, 2014 8/7C on CBS
The Amazing Race 25 premieres Friday, September 26, 2014 8/7C on CBS

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #515 on: February 15, 2013, 10:39:12 PM »
Let's take the Discussion to the spoiler threads. But we DO already know the switchback of course! TAR 8!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #516 on: February 15, 2013, 10:42:31 PM »
Let's take the Discussion to the spoiler threads. But we DO already know the switchback of course! TAR 8!

Yeap  (Silly me, I found the sighting on FB  :gaah:).

:lol3:
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #517 on: February 16, 2013, 01:54:06 AM »

Which back switchback task? and I don't remember I don't watch TAR 8.
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #518 on: February 16, 2013, 04:02:55 AM »

Which back switchback task? and I don't remember I don't watch TAR 8.

Show content
The briefcase task in TAR 8 with the phrase, "The Sky is Blue, The Sea is Green."

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #519 on: February 17, 2013, 02:56:48 AM »
Maybe I'm just placing my speculation here. I'm kinda hoping that they'll make a task to find TAR Vietnam's host, Dustin Nguyen, which is like the one back in TAR16 in Singapore where they had to search for Allan Wu. It'll be nice to see them searching for a specific person. :)
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #520 on: February 17, 2013, 05:58:59 PM »
Just to remind you  :)

Short and to the point... Well that's no fun! :lol:

I can already answer this one!    :hoot:

We have the Express Pass as an accepted  and appreciated and sought after feature of TAR.  So that's not going away.     :wise   

At the end of the first leg, what would be even better than winning one?   ???

Well?  Winning two Express Passes of course!   :beer2:

But that may be just too simple.  And I have my reasons.  Let there be two EPs with the understanding that the second one has to be shared with another Team.  Simple!  Powerful!  Adds drama too.  TPTB probably got it from  one of mutlitude of  fantasy games  going on allover.  Can somebody check?  ;)  :popcorn:

The reason I can bring this up and speculate it with high confidence comes from  the spoiler information we have on Dave & Conner.  Here's my guess:   Dave does not actually hurt his Achilles Tendon.  He claims to have sustained the injury in order to garner sympathy from the other Teams.  In particular, sympathy from the Team that wins two Express Passes on the first leg.  So the EP is handed over, the ankle magically heals   :browsie:, and Dave & Conner are launched into a very advantageous position in the game.    One which may very well carry them to the final three.   :wtg:

I hope you're right about Dave and Connor because that would be great to see! It would be one of the greatest con jobs in reality TV history, up there with Johnny Fairplay's "dead" grandmother on Survivor and er.... umm.... Well, theer must be others, but they don't spring to mind right now. It's better than Nary and Jaimie's "We're school teachers!" line.

I'd speculate that Dave might actually get a mild sprain that needs medical attention and they then concoct the idea to play up the injury for sympathy.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #521 on: February 17, 2013, 08:18:59 PM »
One thing I'm not so fond about is the record amount of pacts there are this season. The handbook conversation between JoJe and the cancer survivors on the episode 2 preview is one of the most pathetic agreement I have seen so far since TAR20 between Rachel & Dave and Art & JJ.
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #522 on: February 17, 2013, 08:23:45 PM »
I'm just going to express again that I hate luck tasks, especially with Bates and Anthony checking in 2nd after like searching 2 sandcastles. I don't blame the task for Matt and Daniel's elimination, since they were too arrogant with the boat task.

I'm shocked they all took the penalty. If I was racing, I would have not agreed to take the penalty hoping that I have kept good track at which sandcastles I knocked down, but then again, I wasn't out there for 3 hours either.

Ain't nobody got time for a 4-hour penalty when almost half of the sandcastles are already knocked down. Even if you didn't take the penalty, it will still take less time to knock down and rebuild them. Forget the pact, I'm worrying about myself.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #523 on: February 17, 2013, 08:24:21 PM »
Another thing I noticed with the next episode preview, unless there was editing, was that Dave hurt his leg, he just came right out and said, "I ruptured my Achilles tendon." Who says that without seeing a doctor? I think they are really trying to get some sympathy for the Express Pass.

Offline Magnus

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #524 on: February 17, 2013, 08:26:33 PM »
I'm just going to express again that I hate luck tasks, especially with Bates and Anthony checking in 2nd after like searching 2 sandcastles. I don't blame the task for Matt and Daniel's elimination, since they were too arrogant with the boat task.

I'm shocked they all took the penalty. If I was racing, I would have not agreed to take the penalty hoping that I have kept good track at which sandcastles I knocked down, but then again, I wasn't out there for 3 hours either.

Ain't nobody got time for a 4-hour penalty when almost half of the sandcastles are already knocked down. Even if you didn't take the penalty, it will still take less time to knock down and rebuild them. Forget the pact, I'm worrying about myself.

It helps that there were three teams, leaving two to deal with the penalty next time and not just one.

Well unless theres a bull**** hours of operation we can all come to the conclusion that Max and Katie or Country Girls are going home next

I don't know, no matter what I've been watching TAR too long to make those kind of assumptions.