Author Topic: TAR 22 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 274816 times)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Re: TAR 22 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #400 on: December 06, 2012, 02:49:53 PM »
Botswana was visited in season 1, leg 2 as one half of a detour. It was during that part of that leg after teams left Songwe Village and before teams went back to Johannesburg to get flights to Paris.

I was going to say that too but noticed they did 2 legs in S7 as well.

I don't think any teams took that side of the detour though

I don't think they did either, but I remember the wood sign with "Botswana" on it that was used to show where that half of the detour was.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #401 on: December 06, 2012, 02:52:52 PM »
Could we get a finish in Orlando maybe?

There's not much daylight time right now to run a final leg if it hasn't already started or finished (and if that were the case I think there would be a sign) so it would more than likely start tomorrow morning. The main issue is that in most metropolitan areas on the East coast, Friday mornings are particularly busy so the chance of sightings go up visibly. Orlando, and more specifically, the theme parks around Orlando, are less crowded this time of year plus they could easily close down parts of theme parks to house tasks or the finish line.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #402 on: December 06, 2012, 02:54:59 PM »
could this be....a 13 leg race?
GMR, I strongly doubt it. I think its more likely one of the countries currently thought as two legs might be just one leg.

And to follow up Peach's comment in the live sightings thread, given the time right now, I think it's highly unlikely to be today simply because the trans-Atlantic flight window for flights to arrive at east coast airports by tonight is closing.
And I believe many of the international airports along the east coast generally have a "curfew" of sorts as to not having middle of the night departures or arrivals if the approach lanes go over residential areas.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #403 on: December 06, 2012, 03:34:27 PM »
If it was today, it would be finishing/finished by now. Still thinking tomorrow, but with some uncertainty, want everyone alert.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #404 on: December 06, 2012, 10:16:01 PM »
Checking the Belfast Int'l Airport live scheduled flights, possible End Cities can be:

Belfast Flight Departure - Destination:
9:10 United Airlines - Newark, New Jersey (hope they drive AWAY from New York, :lol:)
9:50 EZY - Birmingham, Alabama (possible choice)

Connections from Manchester skipping NY:
9:55 A LOT! - Chicago, Illinois :luvya: HOMECITY LOVE :luvya: (we need a better Chicago finish than pizza)
10:05 DL065 - Atlanta (no thanks, but not very likely anyways)
10:55 US735 - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (possible choice)

Too intimidating live flight info for London. :lol: :gnome
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #405 on: December 06, 2012, 10:59:23 PM »
To make London Heathrow less daunting... I'm just going to list the possible U.S. flights in the 8:40 (8:00 and 10:00 Belfast arrival) to 12:00 timeframe.

Starting at 8:40; Dallas, Texas / Newark, New Jersey / Baltimore, Maryland / New York / Washington DC (District of Columbia) / Philadelphia, Pennsylvania / :cmas9 DENVER, COLORADO :cmas9 / Miami, Florida / Houston, Texas / Atlanta, Georgia

Second Belfast wave along with consideration of previous flights; :xmas146 CHICAGO, ILLINOIS :xmas146 / San Francisco, California / Los Angeles, California / Seattle, Washington

------------------------
KEY:
Bolded: Highly considerable
Underlined: Considerable with some doubt
U, I, B font styled: MUST VISIT :lol:
No style: Not that considerable, less wanted
Slashed: Not even going there...
------------------------
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #406 on: December 06, 2012, 11:30:41 PM »
Checking the Belfast Int'l Airport live scheduled flights, possible End Cities can be:

Belfast Flight Departure - Destination:
9:10 United Airlines - Newark, New Jersey (hope they drive AWAY from New York, :lol:)
9:50 EZY - Birmingham, Alabama (possible choice)

I didn't find either of these flights in the Flightstats database for Dec 6/7, 2012. I did see a flight to Newark at 11:10am. Are you sure that flight to Birmingham is not Birmingham ENGLAND.
Matthew 7:15

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #407 on: December 06, 2012, 11:50:05 PM »
I'm definitely on the "either Hanoi or Tahiti is only one leg, or we finally have 13 legs again" bandwagon too.

Even if it's Scotland instead of England, there's no way on Earth the government of Northern Ireland lets the producers in if they're planning on spending half of the episode in the rest of the UK. So if those two are both true, they're separate legs.

Maun is too much of a dogleg in the route to spend only one leg in the region. To put it into context, going from Hanoi to Maun to (probably) Zurich in two legs is roughly the same as going from Okinawa to Baghdad via New York. It doesn't really matter whether the other leg down there is in Johannesburg or Gaborone or Windhoek or Livingstone or Harare, but combined with the show's budget there has to be another leg in southern Africa to make it worthwhile.

So that's four legs (at least). Switzerland and Berlin are definitely separate, as are Christchurch and Bali for eight. Add the US finale makes nine, and we have to somehow fit the four legs currently allotted to Hanoi and Tahiti into three. My guess is Tahiti is only one leg due to cost (seriously, that island is all-caps EXPENSIVE), probably with a 'camp on the streets' opening night bunch/separation like the old seasons, and we're getting two in Hanoi (which is officially the cheapest city in Asia for backpackers to visit at the moment).

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #408 on: December 07, 2012, 12:29:07 AM »
So two in Tahiti and one in Hanoi? Seems like the only way to make the route work, unless there's a false spoiler in here somewhere.

Offline GMR 602

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #409 on: December 07, 2012, 12:33:40 AM »
I'm definitely on the "either Hanoi or Tahiti is only one leg, or we finally have 13 legs again" bandwagon too.

Even if it's Scotland instead of England, there's no way on Earth the government of Northern Ireland lets the producers in if they're planning on spending half of the episode in the rest of the UK. So if those two are both true, they're separate legs.

Maun is too much of a dogleg in the route to spend only one leg in the region. To put it into context, going from Hanoi to Maun to (probably) Zurich in two legs is roughly the same as going from Okinawa to Baghdad via New York. It doesn't really matter whether the other leg down there is in Johannesburg or Gaborone or Windhoek or Livingstone or Harare, but combined with the show's budget there has to be another leg in southern Africa to make it worthwhile.

So that's four legs (at least). Switzerland and Berlin are definitely separate, as are Christchurch and Bali for eight. Add the US finale makes nine, and we have to somehow fit the four legs currently allotted to Hanoi and Tahiti into three. My guess is Tahiti is only one leg due to cost (seriously, that island is all-caps EXPENSIVE), probably with a 'camp on the streets' opening night bunch/separation like the old seasons, and we're getting two in Hanoi (which is officially the cheapest city in Asia for backpackers to visit at the moment).

The last 3 times they went to Vietnam, they spent two legs there....

lets hope for a 13 leg race..the timing is right...and it feels right too!

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #410 on: December 07, 2012, 01:38:50 AM »
Then again, the last three times they went to mainland China they had two legs as well.

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #411 on: December 07, 2012, 04:53:04 AM »
They also never had 2 legs in UK...

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #412 on: December 07, 2012, 08:36:34 AM »
They also never spent less than three legs in Asia when circumnavigating the globe...

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #413 on: December 07, 2012, 10:32:44 AM »
Botswana was visited in season 1, leg 2 as one half of a detour. It was during that part of that leg after teams left Songwe Village and before teams went back to Johannesburg to get flights to Paris.

I was going to say that too but noticed they did 2 legs in S7 as well.

I don't think any teams took that side of the detour though

Oh wow, I never noticed that part about TAR1. I only remembered Phil saying at the finish line that Rob and Brennan visited 8 countries. So in reality, it would have been a season featuring 11 countries, including South Africa (for just 1 clue), Botswana and and the Vatican. What a pity that teams didn't visit Botswana and the Vatican.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #414 on: December 07, 2012, 11:50:18 AM »
While we wait to see if those tweets supposedly in D.C. pan out, I wanted to post a link to a news article that reports of rioting in Belfast, Northern Ireland even as Secretary of State Hillary Clinton arrived there for a visit
http://news.yahoo.com/flag-riots-mar-hillary-clintons-visit-belfast-150434556.html
The incidents have been ongoing for a week, and the latest rioting started on Thursday night. We know that the show likes to avoid trouble spots whenever possible, and this may require us to assess the possibility of a last minute change in filming.

-- theschnauzers

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #415 on: December 07, 2012, 11:58:04 AM »
D.C OMG  HELL YES

Offline hollistersurferboy22

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #416 on: December 07, 2012, 12:34:15 PM »
So after reading what georgiapeach said, does this mean the Hockey Players, Winnie and Cam, possibly the blondes (can't make out who is in that 2nd picture) aren't in the final 3?

Edit : or is that the roller derby girls?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #417 on: December 07, 2012, 12:43:10 PM »
We'll have to sort all that out.

I just KNOW that decoys are used extensively IN the airports, so let's not jump to any team conclusions just yet.

Info from the locations will be more helpful.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline amazinglatinoamericafan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #418 on: December 07, 2012, 12:44:42 PM »
So after reading what georgiapeach said, does this mean the Hockey Players, Winnie and Cam, possibly the blondes (can't make out who is in that 2nd picture) aren't in the final 3?

Edit : or is that the roller derby girls?

WHY THE BlONDEs and Winnie AND CAM...?

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #419 on: December 07, 2012, 12:57:24 PM »
The two tweets in the live threads with locations (buildings) mentioned away from airports are not far from one another; teams could be using the D.C. Metro Subway system to get to that general area as well as taxis.
The taxi system in D.C. is flat rate depending on zone(s) for travel, so teams may be using either option, IMHO.
And clearly someone at WRP spent a lot of time with the Secret Service, the National Park Police, and the G.S.A. to pull this off. The physical security buffers are always there in downtown D.C.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #420 on: December 07, 2012, 01:01:29 PM »
They are using taxis.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #421 on: December 07, 2012, 01:15:14 PM »
Roller Derby defs decoy, look at the shoes.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #422 on: December 07, 2012, 02:43:54 PM »
The two tweets in the live threads with locations (buildings) mentioned away from airports are not far from one another; teams could be using the D.C. Metro Subway system to get to that general area as well as taxis.
The taxi system in D.C. is flat rate depending on zone(s) for travel, so teams may be using either option, IMHO.
And clearly someone at WRP spent a lot of time with the Secret Service, the National Park Police, and the G.S.A. to pull this off. The physical security buffers are always there in downtown D.C.

It is not easy to use the DC Metro system to get from Dulles to downtown Washington DC. One alternative is the tri-modal Washingon Flyer limo to bus at West Falls Church in direction New Carrollton, then connect to subway there into DC. Another alternative is the 5A bus route that runs every 40 minutes and stops 34 minutes later in Rosslyn, where teams could get the Orange or Blue MARTA trains or 47 minutes later at D St. and 7th Avenue.
To me the simple answer is "take a taxi."
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 02:48:22 PM by apskip »

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #423 on: December 07, 2012, 02:51:00 PM »
apskip, I'm not referring to the trip from Dulles, but once in town; although the Metro system is currently building a subway extension out to and past Dulles airport along Virginia Route 7 (the "Silver Line.")

-- theschnauzers

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #424 on: December 07, 2012, 03:28:25 PM »
Some spec,

I was told he saw 3 teams, The Tan Guy/GF , Beth/Mona, and Hockey. He said he DID see cameras, and one of them pushed him apparently.

But but but the pics show no cameras for Roller/Hockey.. so.. **Spec time

11/10th: Matt/Daniel & Jamil & Idries
9th: Green Muscle Shirt/GF

Other teams seen..
Connor/Dave: Last seen in Bali(Safe to Vietnam)
Joey/Meghan: Last seen in Bali(Safe to Vietnam)
Winnie/Cam: Last seen in Bali(Safe to Vietnam)
Chuck/Wynona: Last seen going to Botswana
Jennifer/Caroline: Last seen going to Botswana(Seen in Edinburgh too possibly)
Tan Guy/Blonde Girl: Last seen going to Botswana(Seen in DC airport, possible F3)
Beth/Mona: 6th and up(Decoy in DC)
Anthony/Bates: 6th and up(Decoy in DC)

so I think that Connor/Dave and Joey/Meghan go before Europe(I think 8th/7th) and then we have a final 3 combo o Jennifer/Caroline, Chuck/Wynona, Winnie/Cam and Tan Guy/Blonde girl)

« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 03:43:12 PM by Kandace »