Author Topic: TAR 22 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 274749 times)

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 22 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #250 on: November 27, 2012, 04:50:43 PM »
TAR France went to Brazil and the episode is currently airing :tup: That's what all those tweets are talking about :)

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #251 on: November 27, 2012, 05:02:43 PM »
TAR France went to Brazil and the episode is currently airing :tup: That's what all those tweets are talking about :)

Yes. It is possible and also from this one from Brazil:

Andrea Pires @AndreaPires1
"O Brasil não conhece o Brasil..."Começando agora uma reportagem sobre Foz do Iguaçu, na TV francesa!! E ontem foi sobre o Rio!
1h

"Brazil doesn't know Brazil..." Starting now, a report about Iguazu Falls on French TV!! Last time it was about Rio!

That's why I kept it to Pure Speculation. Thanks!

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #252 on: November 27, 2012, 05:11:35 PM »

Just read Xarles findings about the blog (thanks bro!  :yess: ) but unfortunately they didn't post any pics except the night shot at their hotel :(

Anyway, I also read a couple of travel blogs, and one of them got me suspicious about teams were somewhere in that area,
Posted on Nov 26, the blogger arrived in Maun and telling stories about how difficult to get a taxi outside of Maun Airport, and they were taken to Okavango River Lodge, where they also saw a lot of taxis lined up with "two staffs", "a friend" and a driver..

I've sent a question regarding those scene, and still waiting for his reply, hopefully he can tell us something ;)

TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #253 on: November 28, 2012, 03:35:52 AM »
Not be a downer on the anti Europe route(which dw, its very possible) I'd like to point out that Joburg DOES have flights to Europe. Particularly London, which like TAR14(which was after the Olympics) they visited the host city, Beijing. Johannesburg has late PM flights to London arriving in the early AM which are perfect times to do legs. Just sayin'

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #254 on: November 28, 2012, 08:48:58 AM »
Yes, Kandace you are correct. Johannesburg does have 4 flights today nonstop to London plus one to Frankfurt, Munich, Paris-CDG, Zurich and Amsterdam. However, Amazing Races have been to all of those places at least once (and for London  and Paris twice or Amsterdam thrice), so what is the point of going off a tropic of Cancer route?

You can say that Sao Paulo has been the place where AR9 visited, but that is the only Amazing Race visit there. Other cities in South America are easy connections from Sao Paulo if World Race Productions wanted something new.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #255 on: November 28, 2012, 08:50:30 AM »
Oh come on...if they're going to visit Brazil , no more São Paulo and Rio.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline halfass09

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #256 on: November 28, 2012, 09:35:27 AM »
I'm going to speculate the rest of the route this season! (Hopefully I turn out to be right)

Most likely they will spend 2-3 legs in Africa, which includes Leg 7 in Maun, Botswana. As for the other 1/2 leg(s), they could have stayed in Botswana, or traveled to Namibia or South Africa, who knows. After the African legs, I think it's most likely that they head to South America, and the only country I see them visiting in Brazil. There is always the chance that they fly Europe (London would be the best possibility), but I believe they will fly to Brazil. In Brazil, I think & hope they will have one leg in Brasilia, and one leg in Manaus. Brasilia is the capital and has never been visited and Manaus is the largest city in the Amazon rainforest, which has also never been visited.
If there is still 1 leg left, (which means they only spent 2 legs in Africa), then I think it's a good possibility that they will visit Latin America or the Caribbean. Mexico, Cuba and the Dominican Republic are good candidates. Then off to the finish line, where this year I speculate will be in........ TEXAS! Houston and Dallas are two cities wayyy overdue. Houston has never been visited, and Dallas was only visited once back in TAR 5.

So to recap:
Leg 7: Hanoi --> Maun, Botswana
Leg 8: Maun --> Botswana/Namibia/South Africa??
Leg 9: Africa --> Brasilia, Brazil
Leg 10: Brasilia --> Manaus, Brazil
Leg 11: Manaus --> Latin America
Leg 12: Latin America --> Houston/Dallas, Texas

This is PURE SPECULATION but I feel this is a very probable and likely route to finish the race!  :conf:

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #257 on: November 28, 2012, 10:27:33 AM »
I think we will see Europe this time around also.
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #258 on: November 28, 2012, 04:28:27 PM »
My Predicitons for the final legs:
7. Maun, Botswana
8. Port Elizabeth, South Africa
9. Brasilia, Brazil
10. Amazon Region, Brazil
11. Ecuador (anywhere is fine)
12. Houston, USA

Now that I look back, this is very simular to halfass09's predictions :lol:.

Offline Charlie90

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #259 on: November 28, 2012, 08:56:12 PM »
If the end up visiting Cuba, i'll be shocked..I don't mean just this season, i mean in the nearby future..or ever..

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #260 on: November 28, 2012, 10:35:21 PM »
By U.S. law only limited categories of U.S. passport holders can even visit Cuba, and most have to do so through travel via a third country, such as Mexico or the Bahamas. There have been rumblings of a change, but that would involve domestic U.S. politics, especially in Florida, so it is hard to say when that might change,

That does not mean a leg or two in the Caribbean basin isn't possible. Only TAR 7 has had legs in the area (Jamaica and Puerto Rico with the end point in Miami/Fort Lauderdale) and I've felt we were overdue for another leg in the region. Haiti would be difficult, as the country is still recovering from the earthquake that destroy Port au Prince, and much of southern Haiti, not to mention the string of hurricanes coming through there in the last decade causing extensive flooding and damage, The Dominican Republic, the Virgin Islands, and much of the Lesser Antilles are possibilities, though.

Oh, as to South America, I don't have the location name handy but there is a major radio observatory in Chile that could harken back to the start line, and that might be a location they go to. Just a passing thought.
-- theschnauzers

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #261 on: November 28, 2012, 10:39:22 PM »
If the end up visiting Cuba, i'll be shocked..I don't mean just this season, i mean in the nearby future..or ever..

They can't -.-

Sure they can, if BVM wants too. Just takes a bit of paperwork. But I doubt that BVM would go there.
Matthew 7:15

Offline halfass09

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #262 on: November 28, 2012, 11:03:22 PM »
I've been doing a bit of research and I'm starting to think that if the race ends in Houston, the penultimate leg will be in Mexico City. Mexico is loooooonng overdue and hasn't been visited since TAR 3!!! Also, there are tons of direct flights from Mexico City to Houston. And Mexico City is easily accesible from South America or Europe.

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #263 on: November 28, 2012, 11:36:50 PM »
I've been doing a bit of research and I'm starting to think that if the race ends in Houston, the penultimate leg will be in Mexico City. Mexico is loooooonng overdue and hasn't been visited since TAR 3!!! Also, there are tons of direct flights from Mexico City to Houston. And Mexico City is easily accesible from South America or Europe.

Doubt it as Mexico is on the current travel warnings list for US Citizens.

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/tw/tw_1764.html

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #264 on: November 29, 2012, 12:01:37 AM »

I'm starting to like you. (Pure speculation, hahaha.)

In case such miracle happens, and if the 50 plus people now lost somewhere in Africa ever get out of there and into Europe or South America, then the most likely candidate city in Mexico, afterwards, would be Cancun. I insist this is almost impossible but it has been my wish for almost a decade.

CUN has non-stop flights from most of Europe and South America and into almost anywhere-USA. It is an airport where you can see the most unthinkable airliners parked side by side as can be ArkeFly NL and TACA SV, Frontier US and Cubana CU, Transaero RU and Mayan Island Air BZ or Jet Blue US and Magnicharters MX; not to mention a bunch of legacy carriers from all over.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 01:36:31 AM by Xarles »

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #265 on: November 29, 2012, 01:35:14 AM »

Doubt it as Mexico is on the current travel warnings list for US Citizens.

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/tw/tw_1764.html

Dear RedWings,

I get to read this same old story every season and I still don't understand it as it also applied to Season 3. So let me explain:

Back in Season 3 (2002) when they visited at least 2 states and the Federal District in the country, Mexico was then also in the American Black List; as usually are the US in the Mexican Black List: http://guiadelviajero.sre.gob.mx/ ...and this has been almost permanent since the Mexican-American War of 1847.

Nevertheless TAR S03 came to Mexico in 2002.

I now have to guess that the avoiding of Mexico only happens with WRP as with, our without, our very well liked TAR, Mexico was, is and will likely remain, among the Top 10 most visited countries in the world: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourism with over 20 million Americans visiting every year: http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/09/travel/mexico-travel-spring-break/index.html with or without the warnings, as CNN explains.

If WRP wants to go by unsustainable warnings, let them be free to do so: It is their responsibility, to their people and to their government, but in the meanwhile please let the world know that even with all of the bad press, Mexico is safer for Americans than any big city in their own country:

Each year, about ONE in every 155,000 visiting Americans dies in ALL of Mexico from ANY cause; JUST IN Fort Lauderdale, Fla., Pop.: 165,000, there are about SEVEN Americans deceased -by murder only- every year.

The probabilities of something bad happening to TAR racers in Mexico are lower than those of you winning the $579 million Powerball jackpot last night.

Did you win at least a part of it?

If so, lets celebrate and I will invite you to one of TARLA1's most beautiful roadblock sites in Mexico: http://www.blueparrot.com, but if you didn't then please let old news just get older. Gracias.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #266 on: November 29, 2012, 05:29:24 AM »
I love Mexico (one of my top three places in the world!) but I'm afraid the reasons you cited, Xarles, is why TAR doesn't like to go to Mexico! Too many Americans go there, so it's, under some strange reasoning, considered "not exotic enough" for viewers. Same thing why Canada's always given a miss...

I sure hope TAR gets to cover more of North America (even within the US)!

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #267 on: November 29, 2012, 09:38:44 AM »
Hmm that girl doesnt look like ou blonde...

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #268 on: November 29, 2012, 09:39:04 AM »
I agree with you, Neobie and Leafsfan. But also, I had never thought of the hype that TAR can cause in Mexico among both, Mexicans and Americans. It could be like having 500 RFFers on your back!  :lol3:  A big difference from Season 3, when TAR could easily be ignored and there was not much social media. Probably it is the same for Canada.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #269 on: November 29, 2012, 09:40:50 AM »
Hmm that girl doesnt look like ou blonde...
???
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #270 on: November 29, 2012, 09:43:46 AM »
Our* I mean it could very well be us but I dont remember our crew having head sets :lol:

Eta nor having fancy backpacks
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 10:02:12 AM by Kandace »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #271 on: November 29, 2012, 10:00:46 AM »

I don't think it is us...our guys have BLUE tags.

clickclick to enlarge

« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 10:04:02 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #272 on: November 29, 2012, 10:11:17 AM »
I'm now following the Nairobi lead from *LIVE*. Sounds more than possible, if not for... Ukraine!

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #273 on: November 29, 2012, 10:14:16 AM »
My thought too xarles :lol: dubai has a lot of flights there..

Offline amazinglatinoamericafan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #274 on: November 29, 2012, 10:57:39 AM »
he is on a trip in europe he is in swiss like our friend said