Author Topic: TAR 22 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 274718 times)

Offline TSPKM

• RFF Full Member
Re: TAR 22 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #225 on: November 23, 2012, 09:29:31 AM »
So who is still left?

Alabama
Blondes
Brunettes
Not Asian
Hockey players

And which team Tan guy/blonde or the unidentified blonde team?

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #226 on: November 23, 2012, 03:40:43 PM »
Tan guy and blonde/team purple, father and son and Joey and Meghan are still in, and apparently the 'unidentified' team may have been booted in Bali
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #227 on: November 24, 2012, 12:44:06 AM »

2 Teams spotted in HongKong airport,!!

I'm quite sure they're gonna connect somewhere else pretty quick.. And hongkong is just a gateway to go anywhere in the world..  :groan:

But,   :wohoo:   to Alabama CHYNONA!! They survived another leg!!  :luvya:
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #228 on: November 24, 2012, 12:54:01 AM »
Johannesburg is the only Hong Kong direct to Africa, though they can go to Dubai etc to connect, but Johannesburg has 2 flights to Lesotho? #purespec
Hong Kong > Johannesburg
Johannesburg > Lesotho

Nothing I've guessed has came true so far but lol heres a shot at a *new* country :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #229 on: November 24, 2012, 01:00:55 AM »
Tons of available flights, GO SEARCH!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #230 on: November 24, 2012, 06:36:58 AM »
Tweet replies! Thanks samanthakuhr!

@peachrff they must be tired... Lots of contestants sleeping in the airport #amazingrace #tar22 #hongkong http://ow.ly/i/1ad3x 
 3:32 AM - 24 Nov 12

so this was 4 hours ago, am I right?

TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #231 on: November 24, 2012, 12:14:31 PM »
Tweet replies! Thanks samanthakuhr!

@peachrff they must be tired... Lots of contestants sleeping in the airport #amazingrace #tar22 #hongkong http://ow.ly/i/1ad3x 
 3:32 AM - 24 Nov 12

so this was 4 hours ago, am I right?

At the time I posted, yes.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #232 on: November 24, 2012, 02:56:56 PM »
JO-burg??

HMMM................

TAR 1 Leg 1:

Leg 1 (United States → South Africa → Zambia)
Victoria Falls was the first ever location visited in the entire seriesAirdate: September 5, 2001

New York City, New York, United States  (Central Park – Bethesda Fountain) (Starting Point)
 New York City (John F. Kennedy International Airport) to Johannesburg, South Africa  (Johannesburg International Airport)
 Johannesburg (Lanseria Airport) to Livingstone, Zambia  (Livingstone Airport)
Livingstone (Victoria Falls - Knife's Edge)
Livingstone (Batoka Gorge)
Songwe Village 
In the first Fast Forward of the race, teams had to hike down a steep slope to the Boiling Pot on the Zambezi River. In the very first Detour for the entire series had teams choosing between Air and Land. In Air, teams had to take a zipline across the gorge and then experience a 54-meter gorge swing. In Land, teams had to take a long hike down the mountains. An unaired Roadblock (available as a bonus feature on the DVD set) required one team member to cook an ostrich egg, and both team members were required to eat it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Amazing_Race_1#Leg_1_.28United_States_.E2.86.92_South_Africa_.E2.86.92_Zambia.29

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #233 on: November 24, 2012, 04:38:20 PM »
For reasons having to do with current events elsewhere in Africa, Johannesburg does seem to be the best bet this time for legs in Africa. (Uganda, Rwanda, Congo involved in conplicated civil war conflict, Sudan/South Sudan situation still unsettled, etc.

The question I have is whether all of the remaining teams would have to go through Hong Kong to get to Johannesburg; or whether teams leaving Hanoi could have gone to Singapore, Bangkok, or other hubs to get there. If we haven't seen all of the teams at the Hong Kong airport, then the other question is whether the teams that were seen there are leading or trailing teams, or risk takers or risk adverse in their travel arrangements.

The other comment I'll make is that South Africa as the next country is still consistent with a mostly-southern hemisphere, or at least south of the Tropic of Cancer route that I've been speculating about.
-- theschnauzers

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #234 on: November 24, 2012, 06:02:43 PM »
theschnauzers,

You are not the only individual who has hypothesized a route to Africa and South America. World Race Productions blew the southern hemisphere route by going to Hanoi. The entire rest of AR21 may be south of the equator, but I doubt it.

Some hypothesize Johannesburg is next and I believe Addis Ababa is more likely. There are dozens of other possibilities. That qualifies for your below the Tropic of Cancer route.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #235 on: November 24, 2012, 08:47:33 PM »
ALL we have to go on is one twitter suggesting Africa as a POSSIBLE destination. NOTHING is confirmed until we have further sightings.

:lol: I also liked the direct flight to Katmandu!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #236 on: November 24, 2012, 10:27:35 PM »
ALL we have to go on is one twitter suggesting Africa as a POSSIBLE destination. NOTHING is confirmed until we have further sightings.

:lol: I also liked the direct flight to Katmandu!

I say we have TWO twitter suggestions: One from the ground in Hong Kong and another directly from Phil Keoghan: He says he is a 12 hour flight away from where he took off. Just map a 12 hr flight away from Hanoi or a 12 hr flight away from Hong Kong, limit that to the destinations available WEST BOUND within the available time frame and that puts him either in Paris, London, Frankfurt, Munich or Jo'burg.

Paris, London, Frankfurt, Munich do not sound much like they can be confused with African destinations.

I'd say most eyes should be in sub-equatorial Africa if not just in South Africa.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #237 on: November 24, 2012, 11:48:01 PM »
Do we even know that Phil was leaving Hanoi through Hong Kong? He might have left Hanoi heading to a different hub city than the Racers that were seen in Hong Kong. That would coincidentally, make the 12 hour flight fit better headed to Johannesburg rather than the longer time needed from Hong Kong. That could suggest Bangkok or Singapore as alternatives for Phil.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #238 on: November 25, 2012, 09:55:05 AM »
Maun Botswana is only a 9 hour drive from Victoria falls. 

Maybe?   :tup:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #239 on: November 25, 2012, 10:23:08 AM »
Maun Botswana is only a 9 hour drive from Victoria falls. 

Maybe?   :tup:

I noticed that when I was looking up Maun Botswana on Google Earth. While self driving might be fun, I'd expect that a bus or train would be more likely. Or perhaps hired drivers. I don't know what the local safety issues might be.

Offline dpe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #240 on: November 26, 2012, 08:52:10 AM »
Saw the amazing race in DM !

in United Arab Emirates

7 hours ago

Offline dpe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #241 on: November 26, 2012, 10:06:03 AM »
Omg lucky! :O RT @zena_mk: Wee saaw the Amazing Race in DM awesomeee

not sure where DM is

tweeter in Dubai

DM is Dubai Mall. both tweeters had just to the cheese cake factory at this mall
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 10:28:40 AM by dpe »

Don Task

« Reply #242 on: November 26, 2012, 10:22:54 AM »
I am quite sure that teams are currently in Africa since we have no new sightings. I think they will stay there for 2 - 3 legs in two countries.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #243 on: November 26, 2012, 10:24:20 AM »
Omg lucky! :O RT @zena_mk: Wee saaw the Amazing Race in DM awesomeee

not sure where DM is

tweeter in Dubai

I'm pretty sure that is in Dubai and is a TAR Ukraine sighting. DM is probably Dubai Mall, one of the largest shopping malls in the world. I think that's where the indoor ski slope is that was used a few seasons back on TAR.

Offline dpe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #244 on: November 26, 2012, 10:34:14 AM »
thats why I put it in SPEC. no desire to incur the wrath of GP  :ascared

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #245 on: November 26, 2012, 11:54:17 AM »
You can always put a LIVE sightings in LIVE.

Not saying it won't get wisked to another place though. :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #246 on: November 26, 2012, 09:05:12 PM »
In terms of European countries, I'd definitely put the feelers out in Norway - the producers seem to love rewarding countries that get their own versions with visits. Think about it:

TAR Asia 1 establishes Malaysia as its base, the next US season (TAR 11) visits Kuala Lumpur
Brazil gets a version, the next US season (TAR 13) visits Brazil and features many of the same locations
Israel gets a version, though the country is on CBS's blacklist, the next full-scale foreign season (TAR Australia 1) visits it
Latin America's first season was run by an Argentine production company, the next US season (TAR 16) visits Bariloche
China... well, you know...
TAR Australia gets a version, the next US season (TAR 18) visits Sydney and Broken Hill
France gets a version, the next US season (TAR 21) visits it
Vietnam gets a version, the next US season after it finishes airing (TAR 22) visits it

That just leaves Norway, the Philippines, and the upcoming Ukrainian version. The Philippines is out (although depending on when it was confirmed the TAR Australia 2 visit could count as its reward), but Norway and the Ukraine are still possible.

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #247 on: November 27, 2012, 01:52:14 PM »
TAR must have arrived in Botswana on the 25th. Its about time we fix our eyes somewhere else. I bought Oslo and Kiev but I also want to keep with the southern hemisphere route and there are non-stops to Sao Paulo and Buenos Aires out of JNB. Where else do you think?

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #248 on: November 27, 2012, 04:32:20 PM »
I think a second leg, and then a second country in Africa is also a possibility, especially if South America is next after that (which I do think is the case.)
-- theschnauzers

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #249 on: November 27, 2012, 04:45:46 PM »
Even if this involves TRANSPORTATION, SPECULATION and LIVE sightings I'll keep it to #PureSpec for now:

They arrived on NOV 25 in Botswana (KNOWN)
They ran one leg there on NOV 26 (POSSIBLE)
They flew to Brazil on NOV 27 (PURE SPEC)

They may have flown NOV 27 JNB-GRU
SA 222   South African Airways    10:10 AM    10:10 AM    T-B    4:30 PM    4:29 PM    T-2    Landed  On-time    332
That means they arrived at 12:29 North American Central Time

It is now 8:30 PM in southern Brazil and I'm getting this tweets in French (enough time for a connection GRU-Iguazu):

Marine Canu @MarineCanu
Amazing race aux chutes d'Iguazu sur la 17! #souvenir #amazingtrip #iguazu
29m

Amazing race at Iguazu Falls on (the route?) 17

"the 17" seems to refer to Route 17 there. Referenced to an old post in Spanish that talks about Routes 17 & 12 near Iguazu. (Estoy por viajar a Foz de Iguazu desde Salto (Concordia, ER) ... con la 17 que no es linda ruta y volver hacia atras a eldorado sbre la 12.)

Maade in Braazil @Shaabine
Huuum Cajouuuuu #AmazingRace
27m

Ils ont de la chance ceux d'amazing Race
27m

They're lucky those of the amazing Race.

Les Chutes d'iguaçu au Bresil .. Je reve d'y aller ..
28m

Iguazu Falls in Brazil .. I dream of going ..

If, per TARflyOnTheWall, countries get rewarded with a visit. Brazil just switched back to a Brazil-Only TAR. We may (PURE SPECULATION) have them already in South America.

If we are talking FALLS, how about speculating Victoria to Iguazu to... Niagara???

Of course this is pure speculation since this would have put Phil in true dire straits to get there ahead.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 04:51:49 PM by Xarles »