Author Topic: TAR 22 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 274744 times)

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 22 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #175 on: November 20, 2012, 08:26:10 PM »
So spotted in Indonesia are:

1) Winnie and Cam
2) Utah Father / Son
3) Purple M/F wearing pink @ LAX
4) Joey and Meghan
---------------------------
Not yet spotted:
5) Chuck and Wynona
6) Blondes F/F
7) Brunettes F/F
8) Anthony and Jonathan / Bates
9) Indie young M/F - Walter / John and Jennifer?
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #176 on: November 20, 2012, 09:22:20 PM »
I wonder if they had any legs planned in the Middle East and now have to change.  Or I think before, they had to change a destination because a possible route had them flying near a conflict and they wanted to avoid it?

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #177 on: November 20, 2012, 09:23:54 PM »
I wonder if they had any legs planned in the Middle East and now have to change.  Or I think before, they had to change a destination because a possible route had them flying near a conflict and they wanted to avoid it?

I think as west asia as India~surrounding etc then fly into Southern Africa like Joburg/Namibia/Kenya etc if its that much of an issue.

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #178 on: November 20, 2012, 09:46:40 PM »
Won't clog up the live sightings thread...

BUT GOOD JOB ZOULY & ND!!!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #179 on: November 20, 2012, 10:15:00 PM »
Yesterday was terrible day, but FUN. i got some pictures and i saw almost all teams, especially at the Road Block (Uluwatu Beach).  i gave the photos to  ZouLy and he will tell everything to you guys.

Oh WOW!! Just read the whole story and we OWE you big time!! You did an incredible job!! :tu for everything...and all this after working nights!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #180 on: November 20, 2012, 10:39:12 PM »
Yesterday was terrible day, but FUN. i got some pictures and i saw almost all teams, especially at the Road Block (Uluwatu Beach).  i gave the photos to  ZouLy and he will tell everything to you guys.

Nice work, nyoman! Love and appreciate the work you put into searching the Indonesian leg. :luvya: Thanks! It seems like Indonesia is summed up. :ya3:
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #181 on: November 20, 2012, 10:54:29 PM »
The reports were excellent given the locations and difficulties, good job!
-- theschnauzers

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #182 on: November 21, 2012, 12:38:09 AM »
From the last tweet from Jakarta Airport, the most plausible destinations and/or connecting points happen to be Bangkok and Singapore with Colombo coming in a far third place. The other three international destinations within a logical timeline are almost unlikely: Taiwan, Brunei and Saudi Arabia.

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #183 on: November 21, 2012, 12:44:42 AM »
Upcoming foreign destinations for flights out of Jakarta in order:

1) Riyadh
5) Jeddah
6) Bandar Seri Begawan
9) Colombo

2378 are Singapore and Bangkok which can be connected through Bali meaning no flight to Jakarta is necessary.

The first three are rather unlikely to be visited.

I'd go for the westbound one: Sri Lanka!

I wouldn't expect women in shorts racing through Saudi Arabia. Brunei is possible as it is just straight north from Bali, but I still say they'll go west.

Offline chal_uf

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #184 on: November 21, 2012, 01:04:26 AM »
i mentioned the guys Irwan Fauzi @irwan_fly on twitter who posted this tweet

"Terhenyak adlh ketika serombongan team "Amazing Race" go show ke counter sambil bawa kamera yg menyala :) *colek @febrianirinni #WorldRace"

He said the team going to Vietnam using connecting flight maybe "air asia"..
And according air asia website Connection possibe via bangkok or kuala lumpur

:conf: :conf: :conf: :conf:

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #185 on: November 21, 2012, 01:06:19 AM »
Every time the race has visited Vietnam it has been a double leg

I think Vietnam is 1 leg this time in one of the big cities to do a really quick leg, and then off to south asia for 2 big legs :) There's no way they're skipping South Asia  :lol:

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #186 on: November 21, 2012, 01:08:16 AM »
Every time the race has visited Vietnam it has been a double leg

I think Vietnam is 1 leg this time in one of the big cities to do a really quick leg, and then off to south asia for 2 big legs :) There's no way they're skipping South Asia  :lol:

4 legs in 2 seasons. + Last time Asia-Pacific had at least 5 legs South Asia was skipped and it was straight to Malawi

Offline chal_uf

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #187 on: November 21, 2012, 01:09:25 AM »
From the last tweet from Jakarta Airport, the most plausible destinations and/or connecting points happen to be Bangkok and Singapore with Colombo coming in a far third place. The other three international destinations within a logical timeline are almost unlikely: Taiwan, Brunei and Saudi Arabia.

No,,, he said he saw in Ngurah Rai and said its because eror connection in his uber so the location is wrong.. And the team going to vietnam via Ngurah Rai

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #188 on: November 21, 2012, 01:15:41 AM »

No,,, he said he saw in Ngurah Rai and said its because eror connection in his uber so the location is wrong.. And the team going to vietnam via Ngurah Rai

Thank you very much for your translation and interpreting. So it is Denpasar-Vietnam. Any idea if it s Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh or somewhere else?

Offline chal_uf

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #189 on: November 21, 2012, 01:49:32 AM »
Thank you very much for your translation and interpreting. So it is Denpasar-Vietnam. Any idea if it s Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh or somewhere else?

i don't know yet. but my speculation they go to Ho Chi Minh. Because they using Air Asia from Ngurah Rai, possible connection is KL or Bangkok going to Hanoi/Ho Chi Minh/Da Nang. And then i check flight status there are 3 flight from kuala lumpur using air asia to Ho Chi Minh and 1 flight from bangkok this afternoon until midnight. But None air asia flight from bangkok and KL today in Hanoi airport.. So i assuming they go to Ho Chi Min. *pure speculation*

But it will be different story if they change airlines in KL or Bangkok. They can go to other city

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #190 on: November 21, 2012, 02:12:52 AM »
Since we're going to Vietnam, I hope we can see the switchback to infamous Detour: Basket Boats or Basket Bikes where Flo brokedown.

Flo! <333
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #191 on: November 21, 2012, 02:40:03 AM »
Chal_uf,

Do you mean Air Asia (AK) or Indonesia Air Asia (QZ)?

AK is not flying DPS to BKK on 11/21/12.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #192 on: November 21, 2012, 02:45:15 AM »
Important question: when were the teams seen?

If they made it on a 9.10am flight to Singapore they can make it to Vietnam before sunset. If not they'd be arriving in the dark!

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #193 on: November 21, 2012, 02:46:23 AM »
Just tip-toeing over to the neighbour TAR International board, we've got our amazing member anhgau2007 who's always updating the TAR Vietnam discussion thread, hopefully our Vietnamese leg could be detected with his/her help and his friends  :hrt:

TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #194 on: November 21, 2012, 02:51:00 AM »
There is an Air Asia AK 1363 that left DPS at 1:55 pm/2:22 pm and arrived/arriving KUL 4:50 pm/5:17 pm
From that
AK 1454 leaves KUL at 6:50 pm and arrives SGN at 7:45 pm
From that
VJC 8386 leaves SGN at 8:45 pm and arrives DAD at 9:55 pm

DAD is Da Nang, home of the Nam O Bridge where there seems to be, imminently, the switchback for Basket Boat or Basket Bike.

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline chal_uf

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #195 on: November 21, 2012, 02:57:05 AM »
Chal_uf,

Do you mean Air Asia (AK) or Indonesia Air Asia (QZ)?

AK is not flying DPS to BKK on 11/21/12.
Hahah I don't know those two is different. But I'm pretty sure thats is Air Asia (AK).. So they just connecting Via kuala lumpur

Important question: when were the teams seen?

If they made it on a 9.10am flight to Singapore they can make it to Vietnam before sunset. If not they'd be arriving in the dark!

That guys tweeted about 4 hr ago in WITA (+8 GMT) time.. So its around 12.00 - 13.00 WITA (+8 GMT) / 12.00 pm/01.00 pm

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #196 on: November 21, 2012, 07:52:02 PM »
HANOI!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #197 on: November 21, 2012, 08:08:48 PM »

They must be barely arrived?  :duno:

Maybe need a tranposrt to go somewhere else in Hanoi? Like Ha Long Bay?
-just my 50cents- :js:

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #198 on: November 21, 2012, 08:13:29 PM »
http://instagram.com/p/SUCJqvtgQd/

Alykhan Velji ‏@AlyVelji
The Amazing Race is filming in #Hanoi today!!! One of our fave shows and we caught them filming today! http://instagr.am/p/SUCJqvtgQd/

Teams in the top half of the photo:

1. Team Alabama
2. Team 'Not Asian'
3. Team Blondies (the blue backpacks behind our red F/F team belong to the blondes)
4. Team Red F/F (notice the names and number on their tops, obviously cast because of a specific sporting background - roller derby anyone?)
5. Team 'Florida' (don't know who they are so just calling them the speculated Team Florida right now)

6. A pair of blue/grey backpacks next to Team 'Not Asian'. They could be crew backpacks, but they also look identical to the Hockey Brothers' backpacks.

This raises the question if Bali was an elimination and who was eliminated, as our sighter claims either Team Florida or Team Hockey was eliminated, but both seem to appear in the photo..

:duno:

In the BOTTOM half of the photo, it appears to be filming crew, as we have all our teams accounted for. Except the man in red on the far right could possibly be one of the hockey brothers.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 08:17:39 PM by supah3ro »

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #199 on: November 21, 2012, 08:34:23 PM »

Confirming is still in progress for the spotted florida and hockey teams, please give us several hours as our Bali's team are mostly at work and school this time around, :)

What strikes me as being odd is why are teams waiting at an hotel? Wouldn't a hotel be opened 24hrs a day?

I would spec that they're getting ready for the clue to be given/taken at some point nearby,

Can we have the time of that instagram posted? Local Hanoi time GMT +7 i guess,..