Author Topic: TAR 22 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 274722 times)

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
Re: TAR 22 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #125 on: November 19, 2012, 04:32:58 AM »
From the ground crew:

Teams are traveling via Melbourne-PERTH onto BALI
Nooooo!  (:;)
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline howie_2010

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #126 on: November 19, 2012, 04:46:26 AM »
From the ground crew:

Bali? What, did they suddenly discover Indonesia's existence in season 19 and think using it as a location in 3/4 seasons would be a good idea?

Offline docol

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Can't wait 4 "The Amazing Race" 35...!!!!!!!!
« Reply #127 on: November 19, 2012, 05:58:24 AM »
From the ground crew:

Nooooo!  (:;)

OH MY GOODDD...!!! Indonesia AGAIN???? C'mon CBS, i can't stand another leg there..... :groan:  :gaah: :stare (:;) :crazy:
"" JUSTICE 4 DUSTIN&KANDICE: PUT THEM ON THE AMAZING RACE LEGENDS SEASON ""

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #128 on: November 19, 2012, 06:03:10 AM »
I should care that they're visiting Indonesia *yet again*, but who cares it's a new island and it's BALI <333

also, I think that with Bali now as an official destination, I think we'll be seeing another SEAsia leg next
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #129 on: November 19, 2012, 06:12:14 AM »
If you are just bitchin'...please use that thread. This is for helpful spec.:lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #130 on: November 19, 2012, 06:36:16 AM »
I have a feeling they will go to India next (Please note that it is just a feeling).
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #131 on: November 19, 2012, 10:15:04 AM »
I am thinking Bali is being visited for a particular reason. Possibly for the next leg being not well connected and Bali being the only one that connects there (and hasn't been visited yet). Idk just a theory.
Yeah! Bali is quite a good hub to eastern part of Indonesia. Some remote Indonesian islands would be awesome! <33333 My guts said they're gonna spend one leg in Indonesia, though. Production teams know that RFF people would get angry if they spend another two legs in Indonesia :lol: Just kidding. It's pure speculation because we've already had four legs in Indonesia since Season 19.
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #132 on: November 19, 2012, 10:31:03 AM »
How about East Timor? Are there direct flights from Denpasar to Dili? :duno:

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #133 on: November 19, 2012, 10:37:33 AM »
Bali will be interesting. It is the predominately Hindi, non-Muslim part of Indonesia. It will be interesting to see the contrast with Java. 
Matthew 7:15

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #134 on: November 19, 2012, 10:38:49 AM »
How about East Timor? Are there direct flights from Denpasar to Dili? :duno:
Yes, there is direct flight to Dili. But Dili also has direct flight from Australia too. I don't know the schedule though
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #135 on: November 19, 2012, 10:39:32 AM »
Bali will be interesting. It is the predominately Hindi, non-Muslim part of Indonesia. It will be interesting to see the contrast with Java.

Hindu**

=====
Dili only connects to Jakarta, Singapore and Darwin and Bali

Bali could have been done to contrast Java ruling out Jakarta. Darwin and Singapore have both had legs. Idk maybe

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #136 on: November 19, 2012, 12:01:38 PM »
So was there time for a leg 4 in Melbourne or is it just a connector?
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Online ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #137 on: November 19, 2012, 12:02:04 PM »
connectoin

Offline EagleSpirit0

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #138 on: November 19, 2012, 12:42:38 PM »
Just as a note to where the race travels after Bali, Denpasar is a *hub* of Southeast Asian air traffic that outflanks the size of Bali; you can get nearly everywhere in Southeast Asia and most locations in East Asia from Bali with one or no stopovers.  However, the most highly dense routes from Denpasar are the obvious (Kuala Lumpar, Bangkok, Jakarta and Singapore). 

I would speculate that one or two legs in Southeast Asia would follow.  Given this route's novelty thus far (I mean, seriously, Bali/Southern New Zealand are two locations way over-due), I'm going to cross my fingers for Laos, despite the fact that I'm no longer an expat there.  \=  It's currently the tourist high season, but, it's also the most climate-amenable time to visit the country.  To get to Vientiane or Luang Prabang, it would only require a stop-over in Singapore, Hong Kong, Bangkok, KL, SaiGon, or HaNoi.  So I'll be watching RFF anxiously in the next few days!

There are routes off of Bali via ferry + rail + bus, but, given the production's preference for cutting down on transit time, it's not likely they'll pursue those routes.

Offline Amazingracer

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #139 on: November 19, 2012, 01:42:40 PM »
I would speculate that one or two legs in Southeast Asia would follow.  Given this route's novelty thus far (I mean, seriously, Bali/Southern New Zealand are two locations way over-due), I'm going to cross my fingers for Laos, despite the fact that I'm no longer an expat there.  \=  It's currently the tourist high season, but, it's also the most climate-amenable time to visit the country.  To get to Vientiane or Luang Prabang, it would only require a stop-over in Singapore, Hong Kong, Bangkok, KL, SaiGon, or HaNoi.  So I'll be watching RFF anxiously in the next few days!

Laos would be AMAZING! This season is already shaping up great, but Laos would put it over the top. It's like WRP read our wish lists :lol: jk

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #140 on: November 19, 2012, 02:41:16 PM »
I've suggested this possibility pre-season, but if Bali is a good connection point for the following leg(s), Myanmar (Burma) is also a possible location (after all Obama was just there yesterday-today) and he's also been to Thailand and is in Cambodia now.

The fact that they've gone to two legendary places already (Tahiti and Bali, apparently) and a third in a area that stood in for Middle Earth, makes me wonder if more such locations are on the way. Nepal? Shangri La? Any others?
-- theschnauzers

Offline Amazingracer

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #141 on: November 19, 2012, 03:40:32 PM »
The fact that they've gone to two legendary places already (Tahiti and Bali, apparently) and a third in a area that stood in for Middle Earth, makes me wonder if more such locations are on the way. Nepal? Shangri La? Any others?

El Dorado(Amazon/South America)? Atlantis(Greece/Mediterranian)? Camelot(UK)?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #142 on: November 19, 2012, 04:30:34 PM »
I think this would be a great time to re-use the TAR 19 missing Laos leg (pure SPEC!) and Nov is a lovely time in NEPAL:

for Kathmandu in November
November happens to be the best month for visiting Kathmandu.

The weather and visibility during this month is just perfect for trekking and outdoor activities.

The average daytime temperatures are around 15°C (about 59°F) and it is just the perfect temperature to enjoy hikes and walks around the town without getting sweaty or uncomfortable in the excessive heat that can be experienced at other times of the year.

The chances of rain in November are next to none.

The atmosphere and the environment is also at its best during this period. The whole valley is green and lush due to all the monsoon rain.

Kathmandu in November also receives sunshine for 8 to 9 hours a day.

http://www.holiday-weather.com/kathmandu/averages/november/

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #143 on: November 19, 2012, 04:53:42 PM »
They tried very hard to pass off Kunming as Tibet the last time they went! The Tibetan costumes, the "Tibetan" prayer wheel...

Which probably means they want to go but face too many logistical problems...

("Shangri-la" is on the way up to Tibet from Kunming. It's a devious marketing ploy.)

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #144 on: November 19, 2012, 05:48:24 PM »
This is just soo in coincidence ...

Today, the 20th of November is the anniversary of Puputan Margarana in Bali,

Commemorating the death of Bali's hero Ngurah Rai, which now (and since then) became the official name of Bali's capital International airport in Denpasar (DPS, Ngurah Rai International Airport)

Puputan Margarana is part of Bali's important history that shaped the society, and could be an interesting research ground for the production WRP team if they really chase their schedule to not miss this...

From Wikipedia:

Dutch seizure of Bali island
Dutch colonial control expanded across the Indonesian archipelago in the nineteenth century, to become the Dutch East Indies. In Bali, the Dutch used the pretext of eradicating opium smuggling, arms running, plunder of shipwrecks, and slavery to impose their control on Balinese kingdoms....
read more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Bali#Northern_Bali_campaigns_.281846-49.29

Puputan
Puputan is a Balinese term that refers to a mass ritual suicide[1] in preference to facing the humiliation of surrender. Notable puputans occurred in 1906 and 1908 when the Balinese were being subjugated by the Dutch...
read more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puputan

and what an interesting finding that I found a picture posted this morning (9.19AM AEST - so that probably 6.10AM WITA), during the sunrise where I see some tents have / being set up like there's gonna be something / an event up for today around noon / evening time..  :yess:

@priscillaruth
@museum Bajra Sandhi #morning #field #beautiful #view #sunrise #bali #photooftheday #instagood #instalike

to make it clear (and really hope it's true, eventhough I just speculate this :P )

this is how the place looks like during the daylight:

From the front view :

From the backyard view :

or you can check out the surrounding of the monument, which I think could be just a perfect place for Fast Forward ;)

TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #145 on: November 19, 2012, 06:00:35 PM »
Just pointing out, the asian girls (Winnie and Cam?) are wearing jandals at Tullamarine from the looks of it. Seems weird, but thought I'd point it out.
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #146 on: November 19, 2012, 06:08:02 PM »
I've suggested this possibility pre-season, but if Bali is a good connection point for the following leg(s), Myanmar (Burma) is also a possible location (after all Obama was just there yesterday-today) and he's also been to Thailand and is in Cambodia now.

Shangri La? The Hotel Chain?? Or do you mean Sri Lanka.

I had a dream about Laos being visited yesterday LOL

Shangri-La is the name of a fictional utopian lamasery high in the mountains of Tibet, depicted in the 1933 novel and 1937 film Lost Horizon (directed by Frank Capra.)

Like I said, the inclusion of both Bora Bora (Tahiti) and Bali as three of the first four legs makes me think something more is coming.
-- theschnauzers

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #147 on: November 19, 2012, 06:52:52 PM »
I think this would be a great time to re-use the TAR 19 missing Laos leg (pure SPEC!) and Nov is a lovely time in NEPAL:

Or Bhutan.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #148 on: November 19, 2012, 06:54:23 PM »
Just pointing out, the asian girls (Winnie and Cam?) are wearing jandals at Tullamarine from the looks of it. Seems weird, but thought I'd point it out.

Their shoes were wet, and they were worried about them drying in time. Cam(?) kept slapping the insoles against things to try and get them dry.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #149 on: November 19, 2012, 07:07:09 PM »
I wouldn't rule out a visit to Bajra Sandhi, but I just found this tweet:

Lidya Julianty ‏@LidyaSuwita

Gerakan Kemanusiaan dan Perdamaian di Monumen Bajra Sandhi Renon, hari selasa 20 Nov 2012 jam 4 sore. Datang & jadilah bagian sejarah Ind. |
12 hours ago

Google Translation:

Humanitarian and Peace Movement in Monument
Bajra
Sandhi
Renon, Tuesday November 20, 2012 at 4 pm. Come and be a part of history Ind.