Author Topic: TAR 22 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 274766 times)

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 22 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #100 on: November 18, 2012, 05:04:49 AM »
The red female team definitely do not look Latino. At all. Winnie and Cam do look asian without a doubt. May be born and raised in America (they sounded definite american) but look either Asian or Hawaiian at a FAR stretch, or maybe they were just a tad tanned from Tahiti :P
I told the Father 'best of luck' and he smiled and thanked me and said he would need it. The son looks sad but they are going to give it their best. Sadly I don't think his state will meet the standard, even though they seemed wonderful. In team alabama, I think we have a real hoot of a team and I know I will keep in contact with them. Other teams seem great fun, some a bit jumpy still. The blondes asked where gate 11 was as I said, and I said....um there isn't a gate 11. They laughed and ran off  :lol3:
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #101 on: November 18, 2012, 05:35:01 AM »
Awesome job, Kiwi! The poor father... :( Surprised that two (well, I guess three now) all-male teams have been eliminated right at the beginning.

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #102 on: November 18, 2012, 06:59:57 AM »
If it is true i think it is cool, we need stronger all-females teams in TAR!!!!
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

jiajia12

« Reply #103 on: November 18, 2012, 08:33:09 AM »
Yes,sorry papa but no more male alpha teams dominating the race :yess:

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #104 on: November 18, 2012, 08:43:19 AM »
If it is true i think it is cool, we need stronger all-females teams in TAR!!!!

Agree with this!

Don't speak too fast :lol:

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #105 on: November 18, 2012, 08:46:55 AM »
peach i think we got wrong because swear so one of twins in in auckland photos or it was careman

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #106 on: November 18, 2012, 08:51:31 AM »
Oh I do, and videos. And a story to tell, and some reveals of team names. As well as Papa and Son having Papa in a moon boot, having ruptured his achilles tendon in Bora Bora and can hardly walk poor man, I spoke with him.

The red female team definitely do not look Latino. At all. Winnie and Cam do look asian without a doubt. May be born and raised in America (they sounded definite american) but look either Asian or Hawaiian at a FAR stretch, or maybe they were just a tad tanned from Tahiti :P
I told the Father 'best of luck' and he smiled and thanked me and said he would need it. The son looks sad but they are going to give it their best. Sadly I don't think his state will meet the standard, even though they seemed wonderful. In team alabama, I think we have a real hoot of a team and I know I will keep in contact with them. Other teams seem great fun, some a bit jumpy still. The blondes asked where gate 11 was as I said, and I said....um there isn't a gate 11. They laughed and ran off  :lol3:

About this thing, I brought back something from the second indian leg of TAR20,

Talking about Vanessa's injury, in TARLA 3 one of the girls (Marisol, from Marisol & José) suffered an injury in one of his knees, and stayed in the race but she has to compete using a wheelchair, and that team could be in the race at least for 4 more legs before their elimination.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 09:00:45 AM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #107 on: November 18, 2012, 12:11:23 PM »
Since teams arrived in Christchurch last night around local sundown, I believe there is a very good chance they were faced with an HoO. It's around sunrise in Christchurch now, so I suggest we should be watching for more sightings in the next 6 or 8 hours.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #108 on: November 18, 2012, 12:34:56 PM »
Anyway, once in to the domestic terminal we saw teams getting flights, Chuck and Wynona on a phone and later we chatted to a few people and learnt:

- 2 legs in Bora Bora / Tahiti
- Got a blessing in Tahiti for good luck
- Swam with sharks
- Father hurt himself racing to pitstop in a cart?! May have run over foot?? Needs surgery (on his way out)...
- Christchurch Rakaia Gorge Bridge (overnight stop?)

and learnt of Chuck and Wynona McCall, age 46 and 49 from Alabama Can't say more, but I may be on the telly box...nuff said ;)

Oooooh and I read the clue: 'fly to phil's hometown of Christchurch, New Zealand. Once there, drive yourselves to Rakaia Gorge Bridge to recieve your next clue.. and saw the immense additional info :O

The Amazing Race shooting in Bora Bora~~

edited to embed. Hi reta! Thank you!

Swimming with sharks cluebox?  :duno:
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #109 on: November 18, 2012, 01:02:22 PM »
We think Swimming w/ sharks would have been on the second leg...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #110 on: November 18, 2012, 06:50:39 PM »
A news story fresh from the New Zealand media!

http://www.guardianonline.co.nz/news/latest-news/american-amazing-race-comes-to-town/

American Amazing Race comes to town

The Amazing Race has hit Mid Canterbury.

Teams in the American version of television’s million dollar race around the world were spotted near Methven this morning taking part in a rural themed challenge at Mount Hutt Station before heading to Terrace Downs.

It’s understood the teams arrived last night and may have camped at the Rakaia Gorge overnight before jet boating on the Rakaia River early this morning.

Teams were last seen driving north through Windwhistle.

There's a picture with the story, but it doesn't show too much. It's a car with the cameraman in the front passenger seat, the sound guy in the back seat and a man driving. You can't see the other teammate.

This agrees well with what we know since I believe KiwiJay said they were headed for the Rakaia Gorge Bridge. Rapppel or bungy to the campsite?

Oh boy!! :hearts: Gotta love NZ media!! Thanks PM!!

I think the bridge is too low for a rapel...there are vids of kids jumping off.

And N thru Windwhistle is on the way back to Christchurch....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #111 on: November 18, 2012, 06:57:34 PM »
YAY Self-driving!  :hearts: Its been like forever since I have seen teams drive themselves.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #112 on: November 18, 2012, 07:01:35 PM »
YAY Self-driving!  :hearts: Its been like forever since I have seen teams drive themselves.

Since Germany in TAR20 (at least until last leg of TAR21).
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #113 on: November 18, 2012, 07:21:31 PM »
If it's Melbourne, it's Zouly's turn! :hoot: :hoot:
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline loseaguy

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #114 on: November 18, 2012, 07:30:05 PM »
I've followed amazing race once in Taiwan. It was last year.
It was awesome to see Phil in person!!!!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 07:49:48 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #115 on: November 18, 2012, 07:44:17 PM »
Melbourne or Brisbane could also be connectors to other cities either in Australia or Asia/Pacific.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #117 on: November 18, 2012, 07:55:19 PM »
Melbourne or Brisbane could also be connectors to other cities either in Australia or Asia/Pacific.

If this is the case, at least we can still catch the teams transferring to domestic terminals (for domestic flight), but not for international, as we need to have a valid ticket to enter beyond the checkpoint guards...

TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #118 on: November 18, 2012, 07:59:22 PM »
If the teams are headed back to the airport already, this must be a keep on racing leg with a zero time (or just a couple of hour) pit stop.

If Phil is there an hour ago to take a picture with the fan, then he's not getting any jump at all on the teams. Maybe it's just the production team at the airport now?

I'm puzzled.

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #119 on: November 18, 2012, 08:15:33 PM »
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #120 on: November 18, 2012, 08:21:59 PM »
I suppose they could be telling the teams to take one or two specific flights while Phil catches an earlier one.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #121 on: November 18, 2012, 08:24:05 PM »
Could Phil be catching a flight but still have time and the other teams are waiting for the pitstart?

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #122 on: November 18, 2012, 08:28:14 PM »
Could Phil be catching a flight but still have time and the other teams are waiting for the pitstart?

Georgiapeach posted some pictures about 30 minutes ago of teams at an airport, so I'm thinking the teams are at the airport now. Phil was there in the last hour or two as well. That's what is so surprising.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #123 on: November 18, 2012, 08:28:50 PM »
I added pics....:tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #124 on: November 19, 2012, 12:30:26 AM »
Was not expecting the overnight stop, continued racing and an immediate flight to Australia!

I would have expected them to fly there tomorrow with Phil escaping today, what with it being late in the day and all...

There has to be a reason why they're arriving late in the afternoon? Perhaps a task designed for the evening? Perhaps a long drive out to... say... the Great Ocean Road?

(And maybe the New Zealand tasks were planned for the afternoon of the 18th but the delayed flight from Tahiti pushed everything to the next day... I think Phil would have wanted to catch the early morning direct flights straight to Australia!)