Author Topic: TAR 22 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 274745 times)

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
Re: TAR 22 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2012, 11:15:17 AM »
My best guess is that the never-visited-by-an-Amazing-Race metro area of Melbourne is the place for leg 3. That allows easy access to Hobart, Tasmania for leg 4 if the race goes there as some have hypothesized.

never-visited-by-an-Amazing-Race <------  :iok  :lol3:

It will probably NZ first, then Aussie as Weihen's source told him, and if it's indeed aussie, I doubt melbourne gonna be the place to visit, unless they want to divert it with the start of TAR Aus season 3..

TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2012, 11:27:37 AM »
My best guess is that the never-visited-by-an-Amazing-Race metro area of Melbourne is the place for leg 3. That allows easy access to Hobart, Tasmania for leg 4 if the race goes there as some have hypothesized.

Check out Neobie's transport info. Almost certainly the race will go next to NZ... although AUS could follow.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2012, 12:45:37 PM »
Simply because an international edition of TAR (any of them) has been to a location has no influence on whether the mothership goes there. TAR original has never been to Melbourne (even though it hosted the 1956 Summer Olympics) and given Bertram's penchant for wanting to get to Olympics host cities, we can't rule it out.

For that matter, if the first two legs were in fact Tahiti/Bora Bora, and the next leg is New Zealand, it is 50-50 as to whether New Zealand is one or two legs, or Australia is one or two legs. By that point, we'd be at five legs of a presumed 12, and that leaves room for countries in Africa and South America for this edition.

The last couple of seasons have been Europe heavy (I suspect so that they could do a Europe-free season) and they've done the South/Latin America back to the end city a couple of times in recent seasons, so I think that remains a possibility, especially if the end city is not on the east coast or the west coast, but somewhere in the heartland.

-- theschnauzers

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2012, 02:09:07 PM »
TAR Norway visited Melbourne.  ;)

TAR Norway hardly counts in this discussion. The U.S. version has never visited Melbourne and is long overdue to visit!

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2012, 02:17:28 PM »

Check out Neobie's transport info. Almost certainly the race will go next to NZ... although AUS could follow.

I have exchanged PMs with Neobie. As I frequently do, he is utilizing flight information to make a best guess. The flights do focus attention on getting to Auckland, but the racers do not have to stop in New Zealand. They could change planes and continue to several Australian cities. Amazing Races do frequently land after dark, which is one reason why Neobie has cited for selecting New Zealand because there is time to run a leg in the daytime. We hopefully will be able to find the teams soon.

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2012, 02:27:56 PM »
I am surprised two legs were done in Bora Bora. Its such a small place I wonder what they did for those 2 legs.

I would say that a leg was done in Bora Bora, then they returned to Pepeete (or went to a nearby island) to do the second one, before going to their next destination (probably NZ).
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 02:36:21 PM by Flamant »

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2012, 02:42:11 PM »
This past Race (TAR 21) was a day or so longer than the 21-22 day average IIRC; and one reason why a south Pacific island leg hasn't been done is that those locations have relatively few flights that can be used coming from or to the U.S. and the opposing direction.

When the Race when to Guam some seasons back, IIRC, teams had to go both ways via Tokyo which certainly added a day or so to filming. What TPTB seem to be doing this time is probably the only way to do it, and not lose any more time than necessary.
-- theschnauzers

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2012, 05:18:03 PM »
The Amazing Race shooting in Bora Bora~~

edited to embed. Hi reta! Thank you!

I agree with what weihen said, but if they are diving, they're definitely diving for SOMETHING. I remember reading in an encyclopedia about the South Pacific and one of their oceanic economic activities being pearl harvesting. So here's my :2cents: on the Bora Bora beach or lagoon cluebox.

CLUE: Roadblock- Dive to collect pearls hidden inside oysters

Why did I spec a RB? Season 6's diving Fast Forward in Corsica was pretty sad. Rebecca did wonderfully getting the FF clue, but Adam was a waste of time trying to go underwater to touch where the clue came from. By being a RB, it would be more efficient than if each 11 teams have to follow along while someone collects.
Why did I spec pearl harvesting? French Polynesia is the home of many pearls and it would be such a disappointment to not feature such lovely jewelry. :luvu:
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #58 on: November 16, 2012, 05:36:04 PM »

I agree with what weihen said, but if they are diving, they're definitely diving for SOMETHING. I remember reading in an encyclopedia about the South Pacific and one of their oceanic economic activities being pearl harvesting. So here's my :2cents: on the Bora Bora beach or lagoon cluebox.

Why did I spec a RB? Season 6's diving Fast Forward in Corsica was pretty sad. Rebecca did wonderfully getting the FF clue, but Adam was a waste of time trying to go underwater to touch where the clue came from. By being a RB, it would be more efficient than if each 11 teams have to follow along while someone collects.
Why did I spec pearl harvesting? French Polynesia is the home of many pearls and it would be such a disappointment to not feature such lovely jewelry. :luvu:

In the Leg 4 of TAR10, one of the Detour choices was "Under", and it was related to harvesting 30 oyster basket from a pearl farm.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 08:44:29 PM by georgiapeach »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #59 on: November 16, 2012, 10:57:36 PM »

In the Leg 4 of TAR10, one of the Detour choices was "Under", and it was related to harvesting 30 oyster basket from a pearl farm.

I loved that leg (best one of the season) with all that rowing, but instead of oyster baskets, I was thinking of teams retrieving pearls from faux oyster shells instead hauling up basket strings. Since I don't see any objects sticking out of the water, I highly doubt they will use traps or any other special fishing devices. Just speculating.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #60 on: November 17, 2012, 09:28:51 AM »
Do we know if they are going to Aus and/or NZ yet?

I really do hope that they are going to NZ. It seems really likely because of the flights from Papeete to NZ & Japan (doubting this last option since they visited it twice in the past four seasons)... But why do people say that they may be going to Australia? They just visited it for two legs in TAR18 and they pretty much went everywhere in that country, while NZ's last visit was nine seasons ago...

South Island is way overdue I think... but I don't want them to only visit cities. NZ has wonderful landscapes that they never really visited (would love to see Milford Sound). if they plan two legs, I would say the other one in the north, with maybe a visit to Hobbiton...

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: November 17, 2012, 09:44:39 AM »
Flamant,

Hobbiton was on the north island about halfway between Auckland and Rotorua the only time I was privileged to visit there 16 months ago.

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #62 on: November 17, 2012, 10:14:21 AM »
Flamant,

Hobbiton was on the north island about halfway between Auckland and Rotorua the only time I was privileged to visit there 16 months ago.

oups, I wanted to say the other leg on the north island, not in the north of the south island. My bad :-[

Offline Heliox

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #63 on: November 17, 2012, 01:20:41 PM »
I am surprised two legs were done in Bora Bora. Its such a small place I wonder what they did for those 2 legs.

I was just thinking about this. The south Pacific is so beautiful and this will be aired right in the middle of winter. What a great marketing idea for their main supporter Travelocity. Just seeing those pictures, and looking outside, makes me want to book a vacay to some place warm.  And I just got back from Hawaii 2 weeks ago!

I really think they are thinking about what might help sell vacations imho.

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #64 on: November 17, 2012, 02:03:11 PM »

I was just thinking about this. The south Pacific is so beautiful and this will be aired right in the middle of winter.

I think this will be aired during march-april-ish ???  And that's when the USA had spring maybe  :duno:

TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline loseaguy

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #65 on: November 17, 2012, 08:48:26 PM »
Is there any possibility they will come to Melbourne? I'm in Melbourne now!!!!!!!

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #66 on: November 17, 2012, 09:00:07 PM »
Hi guys, I would like to share with you but I don't know if this message that I'll gonna post it will be on this section or not.  Anyway, I had a dream last night that the remaining teams for TAR 22 will be visit to my hometown in Manila, Philippines and they're racing within the oldest district of that city and that is in Binondo and there are many famous places there like Binondo Church and Chinatown.  Hopefully my dream will come true and they should visit to my country again since TAR 5, and also hopefully if they could visit here there should be a balut eating task just like what it did on TAR Asia 2 and TAR Australia 2 and bring a switchback task on the carabao (water buffalo) detour as what Colin and Christie did on TAR 5 and made an epic quote of his for this show. :lol3:

So please TAR US producers, hear my wish! (:;)

PS:
If anyone want to know about Binondo, Manila in which I'm talking about just search it on Google and Wikipedia.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: November 17, 2012, 09:04:13 PM »
TAR 22 appears to have flown from Papeete, Tahiti to Auckland, New Zealand on Air Tahiti Nui flight 101, which departed Papeete about 2 1/2 late. While it's possible that the next leg is underway in Auckland, it's also possible that people are seeing teams running to make a connecting flight. Stay tuned for more details.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #68 on: November 17, 2012, 09:32:11 PM »
I found a tweet that had a team trying to cut into the standby line at Air New Zealand. In the next 2 to 3 hours, Air New Zealand has flights to Wellington, Christchurch, Sydney and Melbourne. I'm guessing Christchurch is very possible, just to show off the city after the earthquake.

Scheduled Departures (More)
Ident    Type    To    Depart    Arrive
 ANZ705    A320    Sydney (YSSY / SYD)                    04:20p NZDT    05:40p EST
 ANZ449    A320    Wellington Int'l (NZWN / WLG)    04:35p NZDT    05:15p NZDT
 ANZ451    A320    Wellington Int'l (NZWN / WLG)    05:10p NZDT    05:50p NZDT
 ANZ547    B733    Christchurch Int'l (NZCH / CHC)    05:10p NZDT    06:10p NZDT
 JST255    A320    Christchurch Int'l (NZCH / CHC)    05:30p NZDT    06:35p NZDT
 ANZ543    A320    Christchurch Int'l (NZCH / CHC)    05:40p NZDT    06:40p NZDT
 GTI7586    B744    Melbourne Tullamarine (YMML / MEL) 05:40p NZDT    07:15p EST
 ANZ709    A320    Sydney (YSSY / SYD)                    05:40p NZDT    06:38p EST
 ANZ721    A320    Melbourne Tullamarine (YMML / MEL) 05:40p NZDT    07:02p EST
 ANZ18    B763    Rarotonga Int'l (NCRG / RAR)           05:45p NZDT    10:20p CKT
 ANZ459    B733    Wellington Int'l (NZWN / WLG)    06:00p NZDT    06:20p NZDT

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #69 on: November 17, 2012, 09:32:35 PM »
Most possible destinations as per last tweets have become:
Today Sunday Nov 18 in NZ
SYD Sydney   NZ 709   
Air New Zealand    5:30 PM    5:30 PM ~    T-I    Scheduled
  On-time    320   
MEL Melbourne   NZ 721   
Air New Zealand    5:30 PM    5:30 PM ~    T-I    Scheduled
  On-time    320   

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #70 on: November 17, 2012, 09:34:33 PM »
I'm guessing Christchurch is very possible

I absolutely agree with you. Why should Phil let them fly past his home! :-)

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #71 on: November 17, 2012, 09:34:40 PM »
 FYI, just heard that Brisbane (Queensland) Australia is experiencing severe weather conditions currently (rain/floods).  Not sure if TAR22 will visit the Gold Coast or Austrailia at all, but this could affect the race.   :ascared   News at 11. 

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #72 on: November 17, 2012, 09:35:02 PM »
I found a tweet that had a team trying to cut into the standby line at Air New Zealand. In the next 2 to 3 hours, Air New Zealand has flights to Wellington, Christchurch, Sydney and Melbourne. I'm guessing Christchurch is very possible, just to show off the city after the earthquake.
I THINK CHIRSTCHURCH

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #73 on: November 17, 2012, 09:41:20 PM »
FYI, just heard that Brisbane (Queensland) Australia is experiencing severe weather conditions currently (rain/floods).  Not sure if TAR22 will visit the Gold Coast or Austrailia at all, but this could affect the race.   :ascared   News at 11. 

Yes, correct. If you take a look at these photos, I'm sure you'll agree that IF Brisbane is planned then a change of plans may take place then.

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #74 on: November 17, 2012, 09:59:48 PM »
Last tweet mentioned CHC (Christchurch) All eyes on Chistchurch!